What Constitutes A "first Love"?

HUAY

Your definition..
I suppose similarly to how there's no single definition of "when is it okay to say 'I love you'?", there's no one definition of who counts as a first love, right?

So what are your guys' definitions of first love? / Maybe I'm also asking.. How do you feel about the person that's your first love?

XD My roommate and I always talk about this (sometimes) but XDD Sometimes I don't want it to count XD.

Is your first love your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Or is it just a crush that you really honestly loved but could never have?

Optional read! XD.

In my case... My first boyfriend.. The first person I loved I met in Taiwan 2007, and then we started "going out" in January 2008. We skyped and talked online everyday and stuff. We saw each other in person again in April 2008.. And XDD He totally failed because he didn't even kiss me then. =X! But anyway. He broke up with me in person Summer 2008. (So we were together for almost 6 months... Which is good/pretty long for first relationship+long distance right?)

I really truly did love him. But I must emphasize the DID part... After I got over him (which took a good 3-4 months @_@), I no longer had feelings for him at all. I think it would make sense to put this under part of the definition of a true love--It's someone who you would--if you had the chance--take back in your life/go out with again, because you still have feelings for that person.. But I think.. If I had the chance to go out with him again, I wouldn't take it. O_O Simply because I don't love him anymore.. So then.. He doesn't count as a first love right?

LOLOL I think I really just want to hear people's opinions + own experiences to see if he counts as a first love or not. (HEE D: I think I honestly don't want him to count as my first love hahaha T__T.)

But then there's this other guy who I was in love with (but didn't necessarily LOVE him.. does that make sense?.. Since it was sorta one sided, my feelings could only develop to a certain point).. for the past 8 months.. And we were really close--although he never fully mutually returned my feelings--he was actually more of a boyfriend than my first/exboyfriend was... (At least the physicalish hanging out part).. But anyway.. Maybe I'm just being bias because I liked him last XD.

ANYWAY. O_O How about for you guys?

^ LOLOL I saw 1 reply and I saw your username and I wondered if you were going to mention Naruto. But you didn't. Good answer. XP

But what if you never got that far in your relationship where you told each other you loved each other? (not my case, but probably some people's case)

Guest twenty4k

Imo, your first love should also be your last love. Life is simply too short to experience it all. If love is really what it was made up to be, then there should never be an end to it; even after all the butterflies, unnerving excitement, acknowledgement and understanding, settlement, the typical jazz you see in the movies - there should still be something there. You would probably not need a highlight moment but simply the persons presence and the memories in your mind to acknowledge that there is indeed something... Love shouldn't dissapear, it would always be with you in contours of past and present.

Guest blueskiezgurl

your first love would be someone that you felt true love with..doesn't necessarily have to be your first bf/gf, just someone u think u have a real connection

Guest est.1991

your first love would be someone that you felt true love with..doesn't necessarily have to be your first bf/gf, just someone u think u have a real connection

i second this.

I never had an 'official' gf but still had somewhat intimate relations with a few. Idk if I can ever say I'm in love though, I don't think I've been happy for like a month straight due to love or anything.

The first boy I had the title "dating" with, I don't consider my first love. Just my first boyfriend. But then what constitutes "love". Do people even really fall in love if they can fall in love with second or third loves. Okay now I'm just confusing myself. xD but I'd say my first love was the person I felt, my world collapse if I wasnt with them.

Guest xreminisce

Your first love is your first bf or gf.

i dont necessarily think that an individual's first love is their first bf or gf.

your first love , at least in my opinion, is the first person who makes your fall heels over head or head over heels for them.

i really dont know how to explain it really, lol, i also dont think your first love is your first heartbreak

(if thats the case, middle school crushes would be my first "loves"- bahaha, i dont thinkso)

hmm its someone you felt that you truly loved, that you wouldve done anything to be with them

someone you felt very passionate for?

its hard to explain.

i dont necessarily think that an individual's first love is their first bf or gf.

hmm its someone you felt that you truly loved, that you wouldve done anything to be with them

someone you felt very passionate for?

Yes, and hence if I truly loved someone I would make the move and ask her out. Simple as that.

I wish to express my love for her and I will do so by starting with the easy things like making my intentions known.

Guest forgottenmemories

I think first love counts as the first boyfriend/girlfriend you love. It doesn't necessarily have to be your first boyfriend/girlfriend. Like for me, I didn't love my first boyfriend but I do love my second one, which is the one I'm still with right now, and I count my second boyfriend as my first love. I don't really count my first boyfriend as my first boyfriend though, we were just too young and stupid at the time. Sorry if I confused you.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I guess your first love just means the first person you really felt love for and who loves you in return. Someone you really care about and someone you want to spend a lot of time with. I think that's what it means to me. :)

Guest ex4zngod

Well as you can see we all have our own opinions, it all depends on the perspective you look at towards the situation. In my own words, even if you say I love you to one and another it doesn't necessarily mean they're your first love (including going out; boyfriend girlfriend). In my words I say first love is when you say it and actually have your whole heart in those words for that person, which is also part of true love. Sorry i probably sound a bit confusing right now but yeah =).

Guest AsuCaga16

It is just caring about a person so much that at the time you are feeling it you don't want to be with anyone else. "First love" doesn't mean it is the only person you have strong feelings for or that if you had the chance you'd take them back. *shrug* You're a goof for asking this =p! Love can happen more than once, and normally after feeling like you strongly liked/loved someone you learn more about yourself and what you want out of a relationship (and don't just say tall sexy prince =p). All done XD

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

Well it depends.

If you love your parents, then they are your first love.

if you don't love your parents, like my friend, then your first love will be Pokemon most likely.

Who doesn't love Pokemon?

Guest lala4ever

Imo, your first love should also be your last love.

true that. i always thought that there was only one real person i could truly love as a boyfriend/husband

Guest InvisibleChingoo

From my perspective as a guy, First love does not have to be your first gf/bf. It's someone you have a real intense connection with. It consists the feeling of depth when having the simpliest of conversations. You remember the setting, time, place, and sometimes even what you wore and said to that person. I believe first love is reminiscing the touch, feel and the emotions when she says "i love you" and you felt 100 percent positive it was meant for you. Just memories of happiness and laughter.

Guest annameg

Imo, your first love should also be your last love. Life is simply too short to experience it all. If love is really what it was made up to be, then there should never be an end to it; even after all the butterflies, unnerving excitement, acknowledgement and understanding, settlement, the typical jazz you see in the movies - there should still be something there. You would probably not need a highlight moment but simply the persons presence and the memories in your mind to acknowledge that there is indeed something... Love shouldn't dissapear, it would always be with you in contours of past and present.

true that.^^

and for someone to possibly just lose the "love" part so easily, i might take it as not a "true" love, for lack of better word. it could be genuine, but just not THAT kinda love yet.^^

Guest yunsuh

Hmm. I can totally understand what you're saying, and I think a lot about this question sometimes... :rolleyes:

However, in my opinion, I don't think your "first" love should be your last love because it wouldn't be your first love now would it? :D

but your first love really depends on what you felt/learn from him/her; what the relationship meant to him/her and you...

I don't really think your first love necessary counts as your first boyfriend/girlfriend if it didn't really mean anything,

and as for that, I mean like... experience-wise... (not only physical either -.-)

Love is a really hard feeling to explain (besides the nice, wonderful, holding hands feeling stuff), but I mean once you feel it and share it with whomever you're with, there's no denying that you experienced it and you'll know what it means to you :)

It can come and go by... just not easy letting it go (if ever that time comes ><) cause you know what you're willing to sacrifice for it ;)

Archived