[news] 3 Members Of Group Dbsk Files Lawsuit

Guest heartsbigbang

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

i understand that the contract may be unfair and whatnot, and how harsh it can be and stuff... but filing a lawsuit against the company, against the MAN that made them what they are today. TT_TT

junsu yah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

it's not really the man (LSM himself) but against the company. i suppose LSM isn't the president now. I AM NOT SURE. i think what they did was just okay. they must fight for what they think is right. and besides, i have read that they studied this case for quite awhile. so meaning they must have thought of all the consequences of this.

if you are really a true fan of DBSK, you must realize and think of all the hardwork that they have done. they are working their butts off and they only get 4% each?? that's extremely bull.

SM made DBSK but they do not have the right to abuse their artists. i think it's okay if the proportion is 60%-40% but 80%-20% is just insane.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shy_gurlo08

oh my god i really hope they dont disband....

same here. if they do, i'll cry.

i hope this isn't true, until its confirmed.

Guest Chalk-Bandits

I was reading about this a few minutes ago on AllKpop. My heart was beating so fast, feeling so worried.

I hope there are no tensions among the group.

Wow...13 years contract? SM (**** you)

Guest cindyh84

gosh! this sucks!! i hope everything will work out for the boys!!

That's all i care about!! I am still soo shocked though!!

I really hope they can work things out...I dont know whats going

on but i really hope things between them (the 3 boys and SM) will be ok.

Guest Tonyc402

This is the problem with doing boybands . Both Nsync and Backstreet Boys had the same problem with Lou Pearlman(the man who created these 2 boybands) over profit allocation and tried to sue him . Both these bands felt like they were being cheated and didnt get the money they thought they deserved. The problem was Lou Pearlman was a rich man and had many lawyers and the contract that the boys signed(when they were young and so they probably didnt read all the conditions and fine print) basically resulted in the 2 boybands losing because of certain conditions within the contract and left the 2 boybands with nothing and a big lawyer bill. I definately saw this coming for Korean boybands/girlbands. Theres a big darkside with entertainment companies making boybands/girlbands due to greed. You may think they are being treated great in the public eye but you have no idea what its probably like behind the scenes.

Guest miimisunshine

GAHHH!.. from what i read here and the DBSK thread in the music section.

this is about the cosmetic line Jaejoong, Junsu and Yooochun took part of. that is why Yunho and Changmin aren't part of this.

They are not disbanding.Junsu, Jaejoong, & Yoochun just seem that they are upset about certain part of their contract that enables them to do the cosmetic line. (?)

I am happy that SM released a statement. I dont want to lose DBSK. they are the best thing I discovered. i am happy i got to know them. love everything about them.

I PRAY that they resolve their issues. I dont think they will leae since they been with SM for a very long time from their trainee days to now.

i HIGHLY doubt that they will disband. from recent magazine interviews, DBSK means everything to them. they dont want to

disband.

EDIT: from their recent interview from channel a

Junsu: If I was alone, there'd be no way I could have come this far. I don't really have that confidence, but to be here, together.. now, the five of us are already a family.

Yoochun: Even if everything failed, as long as the members are there, I feel that it's all right, and another chance will definitely come our way. For me, they're more than family.

Yunho: Each time, I've said that they're like my siblings, like my family. But to me, they're more than family. They're a part of me. My alter ego, perhaps?

Changmin: We trust each other, and are also each other's strengths. Before I knew it, they are already a deep part of me. Their existence to me is as important as my life.

Jaejoong: We're family, as well as friends. The word comrade also comes to mind. We have to be together. If it's not the five of us, it's not Tohoshinki.

Guest xsaranghae<3

seriously? DBSK as a group only makes 20% of all their profits?

thats so freaking bull.

AND THANK GOD THEY ARENT BREAKING UP!

yea who knew SM was like that?

if this is what DBSK is getting paid i wonder what Super Juniors getting paid...

Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

wow they only get paid soo little haha maybe thats why SM made so much profit cause they dont pay their artists and JYP makes little because hes fair and he spilts his profit evenly. soo if DBSK gets paid so less imagine SM's other groups Super Junior and SNSD they probably get paid even less. If DBSK gets split by 9:1 then each member gets like 2.5% of the profit which means that if they do the same thing with SuJu then they get less then a percent of the total profit SM artists are overworked and underpaid.

Guest SUPERSTAR

not really surprised...wasn't there a rumor about them disbanding a few months ago? obviously that was covered up. on the outside it seems like SM is treating them really well but we'll never know what really goes on inside SM. SM is notorious for being harsh on their artists, SM is the type of company that would screw even their big artists over...even in the past. why do you think all the top artists all up and left as soon as their contracts were over with SM? You wouldn't leave a big company like SM for no reason, there's something there that only the artists will know.

Guest pangstar_lOVEs_herojaejoon

Okay, from what i have been reading, DBSK IS NOT DISBANDING.

I repeat, NOT DISBANDING

they are just trying to settle things with SM.

I do feel that SM does not treat these boys well.

DBSK is SM's most profitable and successful group, and i'm pretty sure SM won't make a stupid move

with disbanding the members. I think that the members just want more fairness in their contracts.

I do hope everything goes well.

my head has been spinning all day.

TVXQ forever FIGHTING!<3

Guest i.said.hi

no offense to ANYONE

but am i the only one who actually saw this coming??

i know this is a sensitive topic...

but this is exactly what happened to HOT. really. this whole scenario is a replica of HOT's big conflict.

i remember watching a long time ago on mnet star watch that they wanted to perform together as dbsk 10 years later.

however... as i was watching this group go from airport to airport, i could tell....

they were DEFINITELY NOT HAPPY with their current situation.

all those airport fancams with their annoyed/ tired faces kind of showed that things were going downhill internally.

finally, this happened.

sm always has this jinx. they over work their artist to the point where the artist wants to leave. no joke.

Guest 13july

Ohhhh Noooooooooooooo

5 = 1

I don't want them seperated

This is just my opinion !!!

I think 8:2 is too low for 5 people. For example, If they earn 1million, they can get only 200,000 (40,000 for each); I don't want to think about SJ or SNSD how much they get.

Is 40,000 enough? They always do a lot of hard works, not enough for sleeping, lack of privacy and so on. They make a lot of money for SM.

And about their cosmetic business, I think it's privacy. It doesn't affect SM or TVXQ. They have right to do their own business.

But think of SM side

SM has to pay for everything such as transportation fees, emplyee's salaries, staff, concert ...................... so they should get some profit (but not 80%).

I always think about this situation will happen because it ever happened with H.O.T or Shihwa.

However, I always stand by their side no matter what and I always support them.

Cassiopeia always support them forever.

Guest procrastinator

okay this is what i'm getting.

DBSK IS NOT DISBANDING.

THEY ARE NOT LEAVING SM.

They just want their contracts to be like those artist in the u.s. they want to do stuff on the side and not be all sm all the time.

and a pay raise.

P.S. LEE SOO MAN IS NOT THE CEO OF SM ENTERTAINMENT. HE IS A DIRECTOR.

Vkriza_09 thank you.

Guest Ken1430262807

i saw this coming but i don't want the biggest boyband ever to break up. i mean... i feel like crying right now. this sucks!

Guest kriza_09

if you are really a true fan of DBSK, you must realize and think of all the hardwork that they have done. they are working their butts off and they only get 4% each?? that's extremely bull.

SM made DBSK but they do not have the right to abuse their artists. i think it's okay if the proportion is 60%-40% but 80%-20% is just insane.

I'm sorry but I really don't get how a lot of people seem to think the 80-20 is unfair to DBSK. So DBSK gets 20%, which means 4% per person. That's a NET INCOME (before tax, i guess). They don't even have to make their ends meet. They don't have to pay for food, gas, house, and even clothes. They don't have to pay for their basic necessities and they still get to do what they love.

Now, SM gets 80%. But please remember that SM is not a person. SM is a company. With a building and a lot of workers. First, SM has to pay for DBSK's necessities. That 80% includes the house DBSK lives in, the meals they eat, the costumes they wear, their hospital bills, their dental care, their haircuts, the car they go to places with, the driver who drives them around, their stylists so they always look good, the dance studio where they can practice, the recording studio where they can record their songs, the choreographers and backdancers so their dance looks good on stage, the vocal trainer so they can have voices that we enjoy listening to now, the fitness instructor so they can have those bodies that girls can drool on, the composers who write their songs, the stage decoration where they perform on, the producing costs for their albums, the promotion costs, advertising, etc etc etc.

And after all that, SM still has to pay for the building they're working at, the electricity and stuff, and of course they have to invest on the trainees. The 80% isn't 80% anymore after paying for those stuffs. Let's say their net income is only 40%. Now divide the rest by the number of people who work at SM to make all this happens. The people in the marketing department, advertising, PR, the managers, etc etc. I'm sure if you count everyone involved, it would be more than 50 people. That means less than 1% for each person. I'm sure some people get more than the other, but that just means some people get less. And these people still have to pay for their necessities (food, house, clothes).

I'm just saying, 20% goes straight to their bank accounts for DBSK. 80% is not at all the net profit for SM. Now please don't say 80%-20% is a slave contract.

as far as Shiinhwa is concerned - there were rumors that it was Eric who found a way to save the group - it seems that had the same problem before.

Shinhwa didn't just leave SM that easily. Eric had to pay a lot of amount of money to get Shinhwa out of there.

This is the problem with doing boybands . Both Nsync and Backstreet Boys had the same problem with Lou Pearlman(the man who created these 2 boybands) over profit allocation and tried to sue him . Both these bands felt like they were being cheated and didnt get the money they thought they deserved. The problem was Lou Pearlman was a rich man and had many lawyers and the contract that the boys signed(when they were young and so they probably didnt read all the conditions and fine print) basically resulted in the 2 boybands losing because of certain conditions within the contract and left the 2 boybands with nothing and a big lawyer bill. I definately saw this coming for Korean boybands/girlbands. Theres a big darkside with entertainment companies making boybands/girlbands due to greed. You may think they are being treated great in the public eye but you have no idea what its probably like behind the scenes.

I believe all contracts have that 'exclusivity' clause - they even have it in office contracts.

One thing bad that happened with the N'Sync boys were they had to pay Pearlman to get out of the contract - and it did cost them a lot of money.

13 years is a long time. I wonder if they signed the contract when they were youngsters. I guess the DBSK boys have matured and are trying to get a stable life - and the only way to do that is to start their own business.

Archived