[news] 3 Members Of Group Dbsk Files Lawsuit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tiffanydawn

i hope they'll be able to settle things. i dont want them to leave SM. :( but if it can't be helped (which i doubt), it's okay for me if they'll leave the company as long as they'll not disband.

Guest Nakuru

Has an actual lawsuit been filed? Because some places are saying this is a lawsuit, while others are saying it's only a disposition or injunction at the moment (which could possibly lead up to a full lawsuit if a settlement isn't reached).

Guest --hearts.

Man, if this doesn't turn out well...one can only IMAGINE the hell Cassiopeia is going to raise. To think that the H.O.T. disbandment was bad (has you guys seen the videos?!) SM is going to TORN APART (I mean that physically at the least).

Guest KsDreams

I'm curious about the contract issue...if their contracts are THAT bad, how come Yunho and Changmin are not protesting too? Do they have a different contract that is good enough?

Guest nichkey

Woahh..This is really bugging me off. It's like 12:00am here in my place, my friend told me. Then WTF!. Sorry. I was really shocked. I can't believe this is happening. I always thought SM already learned from the incidents in the past years and already treating their artists well especially DBSK. But..the hell! :tears: My thoughts (maybe everyone's thought) was wrong. Coz..like the townhouse, audi r8, their bussineses. It's really unbelievable :o 80% for SM and 20% is only divided for each of them? wtf. I feel like not reading articles about it. I feel so bad right now. I guess I'll just wait for the official statements from SM or any of them. I just don't want to be crazy. I don't want to cry..gosh.

THEY CAN LEAVE SM IF THEY WANT BUT PLEASE DON'T DISBAND. DBSK IS ONE FOREVER.

Guest --hearts.

Update:

Update from the lawyers representing Micky, Jaejoong, and Xiah: The three and the lawyers have been discussing this for over 2 months. They tried to settle this with SM Entertainment through negotiations behind closed doors, but they broke down therefore the injunction. The contracts are for 13 years and the profit splits are 80% to SM Entertainment and 20% to TVXQ (divided by 5 for each member). The three are prepared to go to court and file a lawsuit if the exclusivity clause isn't dropped.

credit: allkpop

Update:

SM Entertainment has released their official stand on the case.

They said on 1st August morning, “It is true that Xiah, Hero and Micky made the application for provisional disposition to terminate the exclusive rights effects from their contract on 31st July at the district court. With that the company is very taken back by the action, we are trying to get confirm all the truth from them currently. “

They continued, “But as a representative group to the country and to Asia, our stand is that activities for Dong Bang Shin Ki have to continue even with this disposition application. And about the problems arising from the discussion to do a cosmetic entreprise, we plan to talk over them and sort out the problems as soon as possible.”

It has been know that members YunHo and ChangMin has decided not to take part in this lawsuit. Both of them are currently preparing for their drama debut this September and year-end.

credits @ k-bites

Realistically, it's about time it happened. It was going to happen eventually. Technically speaking, that's roughly 5% each the boys makes. GEEZ.

Perhaps the reason neither Changmin nor Yunho have filed is because of their dramas? So if they do anything legally, not only will they have to deal with SM but also the companies involved in the drama too if they have to break that contract? It's a wild guess. *shrug*

Omg. They better not disband. PLEASE don't disband.

SM better be prepared for the rath of a million fans. (Not to mention, I'll go crazy if they do.)

SM also has to realize that DBSK is bringing in most of their profits... and give them credit for that too.

wth. Each member only gets 4% of what they make. That's mini cooper. They deserve more.

But damn... 13 years...

JaeChunSu fighting!

Guest wing834

WTF?!?!?!

13 year contract

4% to each member

dbsk work their socks of EVERY DAY

no business that wouldnt benefit SM

they should leave or stay together.... not liking the fact thats its split,

jaechunsu + homin

Guest sara2002a

I don't want them to disband but I also hope if this is true Xiah, Micky and Hero wins the case. It's really unfair that SM gets 80% and they get only 20%. If he doesn't let his artists rest at least give them an appropriate wages.

FIGHTING!!!

Guest eru.pop

Since this is only against SM, TVXQ will still stay with Avex right?

If that's true, they won't have to disband!

^Oh snap, they only get 20% of the profit? That's so unfair!

Guest she-smiles

i don't think DBSK will disband. if the three of them were to leave, then the other two will follow. let's hope.

but then there is no word yet of DBSK disbanding. junsu, yoochun, and jaejoong are just suing SM/SME.

and there's a possibility they won't show up at the SM concert?......... :(

i hope they get this taken care of soon. as for now, i don't think we should be jumping to conclusions.

Guest alicechen

Okay, this is the last thing that I would've thought about.

NOOOOOOO!! I feel like tearing already just thinking about 'disbanding' possibility.

:(

Guest heartsbigbang

i can't imagine them leaving SM >.<

what the management did was really shiiiiiiiiiittttttttty. only 20% goes to DBSK?! fjdsifjweicrcsdadasdw!!!

Archived