Mangosteens ever try em?

Guest LaydeeMel

Guest LaydeeMel

They're my absoloutely most favorite fruit in the world. But they don't have it here in the U.S mainly in Malaysia. They're kinda sweet and tangy at the same time and no annoying lil seeds. :D

Anyone else ever try it?

Like it?

Don't like it?

mangosteen.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meeshell

YES I LOVE THESE FRUITS!

when I went to Malaysia I tried these fruits and i fell in love... it's hard to find them in washington so we tried to sneak them onto the plane, but got caught at customs... But they are like the tastiest fruit ever...

Guest koooolaid

Those things are EVERYWHERE in Asia. My parents ALWAYS have to eat them everytime we visit Vietnam.

You know they sell them frozen in the U.S. at like a local Asian supermarket? My parents craved them and so they bought it from some supermarket.

Guest tiffa

Ohh i like these.. I had some in canada and asia. The taste is very unique and I like the texture of the fruit

Guest Absinthe.

o..m..g...I love mangosteens! So expensive though...Though didn't stop me from eating a few kgs worth when dad brought a whole box home...^^;; Once I start eating them it's so hard to stop!

Guest xmoogle

YES I LOVE THESE FRUITS!

when I went to Malaysia I tried these fruits and i fell in love... it's hard to find them in washington so we tried to sneak them onto the plane, but got caught at customs... But they are like the tastiest fruit ever...

dangerous.. haha.

i always see them in canada but my parents never know the english name. now i do!

Guest tempuraicecream

no... but they look very cute. how does one eat them? do u just pop it in ur mouth or something?

Guest ihearty♥u

lol mmmmm theyre soo good and sweet... i ate them in Vietnam =) theyre too expensive here in Canada

Guest 1SwtDeception

Mmm yummmy!

I always eat those whenever I'm in Canada!

Peelin the skin is pretty easy to (messy as usual), but the sweetness of it is soo good! ^___^. Yeah the seed kind of eh.. but it's easy to chew off =T.

Wish I could eat them whenever I can fresh =[

Yes I like them so much! :D

But sadly I live in Canada.. and my mom says they're not cheap to get.. so I don't get to eat them often. They're so good though.

Guest trueloveway

my friend told me about them yesterday........ i really want to try them! i think we only get frozen ones here though

mangosteen.jpg

i LOVE mangosteens and these pictures bring back the best memories. the only time i've ever had them is when i went to thailand. they're the best-tasting fruit ever and i hate that they're not available where i live! they're even fun to open and they look super cute!

however, the one bad thing about them is that they stain like no one's business. i ruined my favorite t-shirt because i got mangosteen juice on it.

Guest adikkeluangman

I'm from Malaysia. The local name is manggis. I like to eat these too. Some is sweet but it have seed. The picture looks so tempting and I never saw mangosteen in that colour. Well, nvm... The fruits is seasonal too I think coz I can't see it around for sometime.

I remember when my dad when to my uncle orchard. He bring back one whole gurney with mangosteen and it last only 3 days in our house. :w00t:

Archived