Eminem Lyrically Destroyed Mariah Carey Again.

1love

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did not bold that so i'm guessing you did

you said that there's a difference between tasteful and slutty and that mariah is very tasteful. i mixed them together for a writing effect which wasn't even the point of the argument lol

their situation isn't revolved around you so why is half of your argument talking about how you don't want to know about their sex life and some old man downstairs...i'm just trying to say that she lied and as a FAN i thought you'd be a bit disappointed because i wouldn't want a celebrity that i look up to lie about something just so they can keep some fake image and make money off of me. if you don't wanna talk about it then say so and be smart about it.

Yes I did bold it..but it doesnt make a bit of sense whatever.

You know what I don't know if she lied and to be honest I don't give a mini cooper

why should I be disappointed as a fan??? I wasnt in the bedroom when she and Eminem had sex goodness, I have better things to worry about than whether someone lied about having sex. This doesnt only apply to Mariah.

you ask why it's a publicity stunt?

i don't think you're english is too good but as 1love said:

she's making her personal life our business

translated into easier english:

it's not because she said no on a radio show. she wrote a dis song with PERSONAL feelings for the world to hear. she's gonna put it in the album ..she's gonna sell it.. we're gonna buy it with our own money and then listen to it..and when we listen to it...it's our business. i don't know if i broke it down enough. but if you need help just say so.

it's a publicity stunt because she decides that THIS track is going to be the FIRST SONG she puts out for her "MEMOIR" oh yes. a memoir is when someone talks about their personal encounters. so she's going to put this song out RIGHT after eminem released his album. why oh why would she and her oh so clever marketing team decide to do that. must've been coincidence that this is creating SO MUCH HYPE because never ever would a marketing team want you to talk about the celebrity who's putting out an album soon. (you even said that there was media hype) crazy right? yes. the world is like this. shocking. but i read on your LJ and it said you were an 86'er? ...... well i guess you learned something new today.

so, you're implying that no one should buy this album because we shouldn't care about her personal life. in which she wanted to share with us. in which she wanted to make her debut single and make some music video that looked like it was directed by a 5 year old.

WOW we finally came into an agreement about something.

Are you talking about "Obsessed" or something else??

If you are talking about Obsessed I'm still waiting for the solid proof that it was directed towards Eminem and no one has supplied it yet.

That's what I meant, whether or not they did have sex, it should have been between them. Mariah broadcasted it by denying it when she was asked by the radio interviewer then later touching on the subject again. What I said was, Mariah should not have just commented on it at all when she was asked. Denial or affirmation would have had backlash from the media including entertainers involved in it, including Eminem himself. Had she just said that she had no comment or changed the subject, I really think this whole thing would have forgotten in time and the two wouldn't even have any relation other than maybe having had a private fling at some point. Instead, what started out as a question and answer on the radio led to songs on released to the mass audience and 15 pages of argument on soompi :P Like you, I really don't care about the sex lives and personal lives of stars; I care more about their careers as it's what we should be focusing on. These two should have just dropped this 7 years ago and focus on their lives now.

Yes, the subject definitely would not have been dropped at that point (it would've raised more suspicion) and it's tough having to live with those rumours and paparazzi and interviewers hounding you for an answer, but where there's no proof, there's no 'news' and it'll die down in time. That's what I meant =]

She said no, people are just creating their own conclusions

they should have dropped it but some people just can't let go..that person being Eminem since he is the one that brought it up again.

All I want is solid proof that "Obsessed" was at Eminem, not speculation.

"First of all teh age thing wasnt directed towards you but I wouldnt be surprised if you were about 16"

LOL...no, it wasn't directed towards me specifically....just the whole bunch of us not supporting Mariah. Way to generalise. And no, I'm not 16....you would have known that if you read my comment properly.

2. Who is trying to justify Mariah's diva attitude?

she may be a diva, but she isnt a spiteful bastard like Eminem

YOU were trying to justify her diva attitude. You were trying to DENY she is a diva and then when everyone pointed out instances that she WAS a diva you went on defensive mode and starting justifying it. Read your post again...didn't you say Mariah may have her moments and can be a diva but Eminem is a spiteful, hateful person? That is considered justification. I don't even see the relevance of that statement. So Eminem is a spiteful prick so Mariah can be a diva....say what? :huh:

3. Without logic??

you must hate your own arguments then :rolleyes: none of the arguments in this thread have decent logic

No, I don't bring up irrelevant stuff in my comment. Enough said. You're the one pulling out Taebin and Se7en - whom have no relevance to this Mariah Carey Vs. Eminem debate - in the first place. That's lack of relevance and logic.

4. When did I say Jay-Z was my hero....and whoever said Mike Tyson is a washed up boxer made me laugh. People act like everyone should be mini cooperting bricks when it comes to Eminem when he is far from scary. Jay-z knowing better than to mess with Eminem don't make me laugh.

You're confusing me with 1love, I didn't say anything about Jay-Z being your hero. Get your facts straight. And no, I didn't even say Eminem is scary....I said Mariah would have seen this retaliation track coming because she would have known Eminem wouldn't have let it go. Eminem is just another rapper who uses words to fight. Why the hell would he be scary?

5. You know damn well why I made the Se7enxTaebin reference,

you dislike Mariah for supposedly dressing skanky yet you respect Taebin for practically undressing Se7en on stage, all they needed was the honey...trashy much??? if Mariah's outfits are trashy then that is beyond trashy, why the double standard???

Firstly Korean TV would not have let Taebin 'practically undressing Se7en' on stage and act 'trashy' as you call it. Exaggeration much? Mariah can roll around half naked on national television, sing about touching her body and have cleavage seen all the way in Mars and yet when Taebin and Se7en have a playful feel up on stage (not saying that this is right though) then it's 'beyond trashy'? And you say I have double standards. Oh how you make me laugh!

And also, if that occurred, you know as well as I know that it's not their method to sell. It was for that one period during Taebin's promo period and they don't base their whole image on sex and provocative poses. Don't even try and argue that out because you know damn well that you can't take one incident and compare it with a whole bunch of incidents (1 or 2 stage fan services Vs. almost every video Mariah has come out with since her 'Heony' days). When has Mariah covered up during a video or performance? Hasn't it always been the same, whether it be an emotional song like Bye Bye or a sexy song like Touch my Body. Hasn't it always been about breasts, skimpy outfits and provocative poses? God she couldn't even cover up at MJ's memorial! Oh and I didn't say I 'respected' Taebin for that whole fan service thing he did...when did i say that? You live in my head now eh?

As for respect, I disrespect Mariah's method to gain fame because she is a FEMALE and so am I. Way to set an example for the younger crowd eh? Strip, exploit yourself....that's how you'll be famous. You do realise that if Mariah Carey had not already made a name for herself during the 90's that in today's music scene, she won't be seen any different to the next female artist willing to strip down to almost nothing to be on the scene right? She has her following and fan base from back in the 90s. As for today's crowd, if she were to launch herself as a new artist then I highly doubt the fanbase would be very significant. There are younger, prettier female artists out there that uses their voices just as well as she does.

Don't try to belittle me with the 'I think you're 16' crap. I question your age by the way you write and carry yourself in here.

That is not her method of fame

she gained her fame during the Mariah Carey, Music Box, Daydream days

those were the strongest points in her career, please tell me how she used "sex" to sell during that time???

You are saying she gained fame from selling her body which can't be possible because she gained fame way before that :mellow: so..yeah there goes that argument.

And I'm sorry about the voice thing....Mariah's voice is a rarity and you can ask any music expert, she carries a freaking five octane range, so don't even play the "younger prettier artist using their voice the way she does" because it's not true, not alot of artists carry that so please stop pulling stuff out of your richard simmons.

Mariah proved that she doesnt need to sex to sell whether she knows it or not, so everything your saying about her exploiting her body is BS. Why is showing cleavage trashy??? please tell me why? Why can guys show off their hot bodies and females can't??? why do females get judged? do you really feel this way or are you just listening to other people???? In your own words why is cleavage such a bad thing??? Just because of how society views it??

If that's what your going by then take 2 bucks and find a mind of your own.

and FYI ever since Butterfly Mariah's target audience has been the older audience..not much the younger.

Mariah can afford to be sexy because she was able to jumpstart her career without doing so, and she has the talent to back it up, don't act like Mariah didnt play the fame game fair because she sure as hell did which is why I respect, you are just pulling out excuses to dog her success. "Glitter" and "Charmbracelet" both flopped during her sexy period, another reason why you are wrong, hell people made fun of her for "Glitter", so once again how does her sex sell????? WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Go get your facts straight sweetie.

As for Taebin and Se7en..how do I know that's not their method to sell??

I don't work for them or YG and neither do you, those are my boys in a bag of toys but come on now.

How come when Se7en and Taebin do it you call it "playful" <_<

What makes Mariah a diva? the clothing she wears in her video???

:mellow:

@ delster^exactly.

you see lucusbunny. put yourself in eminem's shoes.

mariah KNEW that eminem had admitted it but she says that it didn't happen. well clearly...SOMEONE has to be wrong? it's quite obvious that if eminem was really at fault he wouldn't bring up the situation again after so many years when people have forgotten about it. it's like being a suspect in a murder case and you were actually guilty but got off free. why would you ever go back to the police and be like PLEASE INVESTIGATE AGAIN.

in return, mariah feels that she needs to be on the defensive (obviously because she lied) and sing "obsessed". she feels that she needs to look as innocent as possible and that it'll be okay if she flaunts this crap everywhere because she's innocent. that's what she's trying to do.

not only does this FURIATE eminem because she threw it in his face with a mv dressed up like him and all but the fact that he had just sorta let it go already but she just has to keep on pushing him to his limits. therefore he came out with THE WARNING to stfu mariah ONCE AND FOR ALL so he doesn't have to deal with her diva attitude. now this is where you don't like his cussing but we've all tried countless times to explain it to you but i've realized that you take us off track. anyways, if mariah comes out with another eminem dis track that i welcome then i will be waiting for the headline:

"EMINEM RELEASES MARIAH PHOTOS, VIDEOS, MESSAGES AND TAPES"

Go ahead, he'll just look even more stupid.

His fans are just like him.

Guest youraDouche.

pretty rude much ?

that was an ignorant comment.

Guest whizzer's_rose

Wow, Eminem. You've lyrically "destroyed" Mariah Carey. *slow clapping* Srsly, that was some great art...Wait, how old is this man again? And are we back in the 1990's?

I'm afraid I'm rather biased against Eminem. He's nothing but an opportunistic, bigoted, homophobic(which helped him boost his fame. People that buy into the Elton John PR - um, naive much?), sexist piece of trash... IMHO.

LOLZ!

It's seems every time Eminem needs to revive his career, he has to resort to picking a fight with someone. I wonder who it'll be for his next album...

As for Mariah Carey a lot of her recent songs have been mediocre (at best) and the fact she even part-took in the whole mess screams opportunity, considering her single "Obsessed" hasn't been doing too well.

wow he was brutal. He attacked her first, so disgusting, perverted, and trashy.

I don't blame her. He can rap well but that doesn't give him the right to be such a white trash richard simmons to other people.

Eminem just has to leave Mariah alone- Goodness, she's already married to Nick Cannon. The past is past- he can never turn back time and for whatever reason their relationship didn't work out- they're just not meant for each other.

Furthermore, i doubt those photos he got will murder mariah even if it's really scandalous- look at Paris, Kim, Pamela and the likes....Mariah's got talent and it would take more than that to ruin her.

Guest Meenuh

Yes I did bold it..but it doesnt make a bit of sense whatever.

You know what I don't know if she lied and to be honest I don't give a mini cooper

why should I be disappointed as a fan??? I wasnt in the bedroom when she and Eminem had sex goodness, I have better things to worry about than whether someone lied about having sex. This doesnt only apply to Mariah.

Are you talking about "Obsessed" or something else??

If you are talking about Obsessed I'm still waiting for the solid proof that it was directed towards Eminem and no one has supplied it yet.

She said no, people are just creating their own conclusions

they should have dropped it but some people just can't let go..that person being Eminem since he is the one that brought it up again.

All I want is solid proof that "Obsessed" was at Eminem, not speculation.

That is not her method of fame

she gained her fame during the Mariah Carey, Music Box, Daydream days

those were the strongest points in her career, please tell me how she used "sex" to sell during that time???

You are saying she gained fame from selling her body which can't be possible because she gained fame way before that :mellow: so..yeah there goes that argument.

And I'm sorry about the voice thing....Mariah's voice is a rarity and you can ask any music expert, she carries a freaking five octane range, so don't even play the "younger prettier artist using their voice the way she does" because it's not true, not alot of artists carry that so please stop pulling stuff out of your richard simmons.

Mariah proved that she doesnt need to sex to sell whether she knows it or not, so everything your saying about her exploiting her body is BS. Why is showing cleavage trashy??? please tell me why? Why can guys show off their hot bodies and females can't??? why do females get judged? do you really feel this way or are you just listening to other people???? In your own words why is cleavage such a bad thing??? Just because of how society views it??

and FYI ever since Butterfly Mariah's target audience has been the older audience..not much the younger.

Mariah can afford to be sexy because she was able to jumpstart her career without doing so, and she has the talent to back it up, don't act like Mariah didnt play the fame game fair because she sure as hell did which is why I respect, you are just pulling out excuses to dog her success. "Glitter" and "Charmbracelet" both flopped during her sexy period, another reason why you are wrong, hell people made fun of her for "Glitter", so once again how does her sex sell????? WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Go get your facts straight sweetie.

As for Taebin and Se7en..how do I know that's not their method to sell??

I don't work for them or YG and neither do you, those are my boys in a bag of toys but come on now.

How come when Se7en and Taebin do it you call it "playful" <_<

Reading comprehension ftw.

I won't put it in my own words. I'll just quote A180585 .

Lucas: You are saying she gained fame from selling her body which can't be possible because she gained fame way before that :mellow: so..yeah there goes that argument.

A180585 : You do realise that if Mariah Carey had not already made a name for herself during the 90's that in today's music scene, she won't be seen any different to the next female artist willing to strip down to almost nothing to be on the scene right?

Lucas: Mariah proved that she doesnt need to sex to sell whether she knows it or not, so everything your saying about her exploiting her body is BS. Why is showing cleavage trashy??? please tell me why? Why can guys show off their hot bodies and females can't??? why do females get judged? do you really feel this way or are you just listening to other people???? In your own words why is cleavage such a bad thing??? Just because of how society views it??

A180585: As for respect, I disrespect Mariah's method to gain fame because she is a FEMALE and so am I.

Hasn't it always been the same, whether it be an emotional song like Bye Bye or a sexy song like Touch my Body. Hasn't it always been about breasts, skimpy outfits and provocative poses?

Lucas: and FYI ever since Butterfly Mariah's target audience has been the older audience..not much the younger.

Eh... I don't know about you but I don't think i'd ever hear older people listening to the songs she comes out with these days. If anything, they'd probably be listening to her older stuff.

Lucas:"Glitter" and "Charmbracelet" both flopped during her sexy period, another reason why you are wrong, hell people made fun of her for "Glitter", so once again how does her sex sell????? WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! Go get your facts straight sweetie.

THAT was her trying to be sexy? :huh: And here I thought

Touch my body

Put me on the floor

Wrestle me around

Play with me some more

Touch my body

Throw me on the bed

I just wanna make you feel

Like you never did.

Touch my body

Let me wrap my thighs

All around your waist

Just a little taste

Touch my body

Know you love my curves

Come on and give me what I deserve

And touch my body

was her trying to be sexy. As opposed to the lyrics from her songs in Charmbracelet (haha. Clown is on that album. Another song that's supposedly supposed to be about Eminem. ) Glitter? Sexy? Lol... Of course she'd be made fun of for Glitter. Even you, as a fan, have to admit that it was HORRIBLE.

Lucas: What makes Mariah a diva? the clothing she wears in her video???

Her attitude she portrays in the media maybe? Someone posted an article somewhere.

Lucas: Go ahead, he'll just look even more stupid.

There you go again. Pulling mini cooper out your richard simmons making ignorant comments. -_-

Guest o1honey

Wow. So much arguments here.

I don't like either of them.. but I like their music.

I applaud their initiative to take their personal problems between themselves to a whole new level. But hey, at least their making money out of their problems.

Guest GreenTeaBanana

Rofl. How is saying that "it's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty" trying to be witty? Whatever credibility you had is now gone because you're obviously as dumb as you sound.

right because attacking me in the first place makes your argument soo much more valid and because you ALWAYS sound SOOOO smart.

when i read "it's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty," what i got out of it was "your too dumb to be witty"

do you get your kicks out of being a Richard on soompi or something?

Why are you even here talking about issues from other forums? ...

you replied to someone else here, i think colloquy there was no double standard.

i just pointed out on some other forums people are praising him as a hero for doing it with mariah whereas mariah is labeled as a richard simmons.

and apparently someone as smart as you should have been able to take note of that.

No. You didn't say it. Hence the MAYBE. Do you know what MAYBE means?

yea i didnt even imply that i did. so why bring it up?

I don't see anywhere where I "talk as though eminem is a genius or a prodigy". I just think he is skilled. Apparently that's a crime to you. Lol.

dont even. you do act like he's some skilled genius.

You're referring to his more popular songs that were played on the radio which I have stated earlier that I DO NOT LIKE. You're picking out his "silly" lyrics. Obviously you can't name them "off the top of your head" otherwise you would have done so. Please don't go and google "best lyricists of all time" either. Lol. If you don't listen to hip hop then just say that you don't listen to it. Don't act like you do when it's pretty obvious you don't. I'm not saying this because you don't like Eminem. That's a matter of preference but if you're gonna sit there and pick out lyrics like THAT and judge whether Eminem is a good verbalist or not then it really makes me curious to know what you listen to.

how the johntesh is anyone supposed to know which songs you like or dont like.

and its not like any of his songs are well written. and what do you like? "toy soldiers" ? "mockingbird" ? sorry but those are lacking in quality too

seriously we're talking about a grown man who spews lyrics that sound like nursery rhymes filled with curse words.

and really I'm sorry if not memorizing the names of different composers ruins my "credibility" in your eyes.

like wtf.

whoever wrote Sam Hui's songs from the '70s was a great lyricist. do i know his name? no i dont. but apparently that makes me "dumb"

if you're so intent on saying how great his lyrics are then for eff's sake post lyrics that you "like" and are of quality befitting "a great lyricist"

even if someone were to post his "serious" lyrics instead of "silly" ones, i highly doubt it would change my opinion of his lyrics.

and do i really care what KRS ONE thinks is dope? not really.

and i dont have to act like i listen to hiphop when i know i do. but apparently everything seems obvious when you cant get off your high horse and begin to draw conclusions about people you dont know based on a few forum posts.

and to whoever said some crap about eminem writing sexist, homophobic lyrics because "hes playing a character" thats a pretty bull answer.

and no writing those kinds of lyrics doesnt bring "up the real issues" present in america. it makes them worse.

i dont see how lyrics degrading women and acting as though "beating up fa88ots" is a trivial matter helps ANYONE. if anything it desensitizes america's youth to such matters and makes these "real issues" even bigger issues.

Last time I will post here, it shows what kind of person Lucasbunny really is. Here he/she is trying to be all mature, when it's he/she who said Eminem fans are all kids. Now he/she is saying we're all just like him? So we're all racist, sexist, stupid, homophobic, retarded, and what ever you labeled Eminem as in this thread?

Please your the only one being immature in this whole discussion.

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

Kudos to you.

Oh and what makes Mariah a diva? Here:

-In an autograph signing session, she demanded 50k antique table, to be covered with silk cloth, to scribble upon, flown in from New York. She would sit on a $1,000 throne and be surrounded by roses and butterflies.

-She have 11 bodyguards surround him everywhere, even in restaurants because she don't want her fans or everyone else to see her. I guess when regular people lay an eye on her, she becomes more ugly?

-She stayed up until 3AM at a restaurant and canceled an interview because "she is not a morning person."

-She demanded a $10,000 gym to be installed next to her hotel room.

-She booked EVERY penthouse in a hotel, so no one else would be around her.

-She had a team of her "minions" (She is known to have 15+ where ever she goes) help her check into a hotel, during this time she rode around in a limo until the hotel would roll out a red carpet, lined with white candles so she can make her diva entrance.

-She demanded flying her dog in a first class seat, until he grew too big. Now he either goes by private jet.

-She also demands gourmet beef cooked by a 5 star chef for her dog.

-She arrived 90 minutes late to an award show because she had a broken nail.

-She doesn't want to speak to anyone, so she would write notes to communicate with people. She wanted a voice machine like Stephen Hawking's to save herself the trouble of writing.

-She only consumes soft drinks through a straw and insists on these being available whenever she makes a personal appearance. She even has people to hold her drink as she sips.

-Whe she accept a role in an low budget independent film, the company can only fly her in economy class. Well, Mariah agreed then bought every single economy seat on her flight, and traveled alone in the cabin! Wow she must hate people!

There are 100000000000000000000000 more reasons why Mariah is a diva. So what excuses do you have for her diva actions and demands?

Let's not forget her ignorance:

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

Guest Meenuh

1.right because attacking me in the first place makes your argument soo much more valid and because you ALWAYS sound SOOOO smart.

when i read "it's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty," what i got out of it was "your too dumb to be witty"

do you get your kicks out of being a Richard on soompi or something?

2. you replied to someone else here, i think colloquy there was no double standard.

i just pointed out on some other forums people are praising him as a hero for doing it with mariah whereas mariah is labeled as a richard simmons.

and apparently someone as smart as you should have been able to take note of that.

3. yea i didnt even imply that i did. so why bring it up?

4. dont even. you do act like he's some skilled genius.

5. how the johntesh is anyone supposed to know which songs you like or dont like.

and its not like any of his songs are well written. and what do you like? "toy soldiers" ? "mockingbird" ? sorry but those are lacking in quality too

and really I'm sorry if not memorizing the names of different composers ruins my "credibility" in your eyes.

like wtf.

whoever wrote Sam Hui's songs from the '70s was a great lyricist. do i know his name? no i dont. but apparently that makes me "dumb"

if you're so intent on saying how great his lyrics are then for eff's sake post lyrics that you "like" and are of quality befitting "a great lyricist"

even if someone were to post his "serious" lyrics instead of "silly" ones, i highly doubt it would change my opinion of his lyrics.

and do i really care what KRS ONE thinks is dope? not really.

and i dont have to act like i listen to hiphop when i know i do. but apparently everything seems obvious when you cant get off your high horse and begin to draw conclusions about people you dont know based on a few forum posts.

Lol. It's nice to see that i'm getting a reaction out of you. ;) Yeah.. sometimes I like being a Richard. It's the internet. I think a lot of people get kicks out of being Tom Cruise online. haha.

1. You made an assumption. It merely meant what was stated. "It's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty". You should have taken it at face value instead of taking it up the richard simmons. Actually, it does because as I have stated before, whatever credibility you had to me went out the window as soon as you started posting garbage lines. So it's very relevant.

2. No. It wasn't colloquy. I was talking about soompi. Which was what the other person was talking about as well. He was talking about the girls on soompi. So why is it relevant that you decide to shove your nose into my conversations with other people with irrelevant garbage is beyond me.

3. Wut? Imply what? What are you talking about?

Me: Maybe your idea of a good verbalist is someone that tries to shove as many huge and "deep" sounding words into a sentence as possible.

You: Did I ever say this? No.

Duh.

Me:No. You didn't say it. Hence the MAYBE. Do you know what MAYBE means?

Did that clear it up for you?

4. "Don't even. You act like he's some genius". Oh gosh. Lol. "Don't even". -_- Rofl. No. I don't act like he's a genius. You're making assumptions again. Just because I think someone is skilled does not mean that I think that they're geniuses. Thanks for trying to tell me what I think though.

5. Because... I stated it earlier? Not paying attention again? Rofl. I'm not trying to change your opinion of him. You can hate him and his music all you want. You're right. It doesn't matter what lyrics I post because it won't change your mind but I was just pointing out why it wasn't a strong point to base his skills on the lyrics you decided to use as examples. Get it?

If you knew hip hop you wouldn't have picked poor examples. Hey, KRS ONE was the one that said Eminem's was "genius". His words. Not mine. Do you know who KRS ONE is? Yeah, I can only assume that what you listen to is the crap they play on the radio and label it as hip hop. Let me guess, Kanye is hip hop to you? Lol. In any case, I rather like it on my high horse. :) I bet you like it on yours too so don't you judge me. Lol. Feel free to PM me to further this discussion. Unless you're adament on getting the last word then *shrugs*. I'd love to hear what artists you listen to when you say that you "listen to hip hop".

Since you asked though.. This is from Mockingbird.

It's funny

I remember back when you and daddy had no money

Mommy wrapped the Christmas presents up

And stuck 'em under the tree and said some of 'em were from me

Cuz daddy couldn't buy 'em

I'll never forget that Christmas I sat up the whole night crying

Cuz daddy felt like a bum, see daddy had a job

But his job was to keep the food on the table for you and mom

And at the time every house that we lived in

Either kept getting broken into and robbed

Or shot up on the block and your mom was saving money for you in a jar

Trying to start a piggy bank for you so you could go to college

Almost had a thousand dollars till someone broke in and stole it

And I know it hurt so bad it broke your momma's heart

And it seemed like everything was just startin' to fall apart

Mom and dad was arguin' a lot so momma moved back

Onto Chalmers in a flat one bedroom apartment

And dad moved back to the other side of 8 Mile on Novara

And that's when daddy went to California with his CD and met Dr. Dre

And flew you and momma out to see me

But daddy had to work, you and momma had to leave me

Then you started seeing daddy on the T.V. and momma didn't like it

And you and Lainnie were to young to understand it

That Papa was a rollin' stone, momma developed a habit

And it all happened too fast for either one of us to grab it

I'm just sorry you were there and had to witness it first hand

Cuz all I ever wanted to do was just make you proud

Now I'm sittin in this empty house, just reminiscing

Lookin' at your baby pictures, it just trips me out

To see how much you both have grown, it's almost like you're sisters now

Wow, I guess you pretty much are and daddy's still here

Lainie I'm talkin' to you too, daddy's still here

I like the sound of that, yeah

It's got a ring to it don't it?

Shh, momma's only gone for the moment

Song with lyrics.

Guest dbsklover90

I am not a fan of either but I believe with all the arguments shown here, Eminem definitely has a stronger case.

And it is pretty evident that LucasBunny and Mariah fans here had lost their argument wayyy back (pages)

But this comment just confirms it all.

Guest sikhye

The thing is, Mariah denied the song Obsessed is about Eminem. She said the song was inspired by the movie Mean Girls and claims the guy she plays in the music video is a stereotypical stalker. Most of you are going "It's so obvious she's lying/being sarcastic," but wouldn't Eminem look really stupid if the song is really about the movie Mean Girls? lol :P

-In an autograph signing session, she demanded 50k antique table, to be covered with silk cloth, to scribble upon, flown in from New York. She would sit on a $1,000 throne and be surrounded by roses and butterflies.

-She have 11 bodyguards surround him everywhere, even in restaurants because she don't want her fans or everyone else to see her. I guess when regular people lay an eye on her, she becomes more ugly?

-She stayed up until 3AM at a restaurant and canceled an interview because "she is not a morning person."

-She had a team of her "minions" (She is known to have 15+ where ever she goes) help her check into a hotel, during this time she rode around in a limo until the hotel would roll out a red carpet, lined with white candles so she can make her diva entrance.

-She demanded flying her dog in a first class seat, until he grew too big. Now he either goes by private jet.

-She doesn't want to speak to anyone, so she would write notes to communicate with people. She wanted a voice machine like Stephen Hawking's to save herself the trouble of writing.

-She only consumes soft drinks through a straw and insists on these being available whenever she makes a personal appearance. She even has people to hold her drink as she sips.

There are 100000000000000000000000 more reasons why Mariah is a diva.

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

Why are you yapping about Mariah being a diva? She loves that title and her fans call her a diva as a compliment. And that quote is fake, so you're not helping yourself prove the case that Mariah's an ignorant woman. And since you posted a fake quote, I can't trust your other points now.

I don't care for Mariah's recent work where she spreads herself around in a bikini while singing a sad song called "Bye Bye" but there's no question that she is a legend.

During Eminem's 9 years as an artist (I'm only counting the years since The Marshall Mathers LP was released until now), he had 2 #1 US singles and sold about 80 million records worldwide. Mariah has been in the industry for 20 years now and during her first 9 years, she had 13 #1 US singles (now 18 #1 US singles) and around 95 million records sold worldwide. (Now 200 million records sold ww)

There's a reason why Mariah, not her stupid husband, but Mariah has not responded to Eminem (since Obsessed and it's music video is only speculated to be about Eminem). And that's because he's not on her level.

The thing is, Mariah denied the song Obsessed is about Eminem. She said the song was inspired by the movie Mean Girls and claims the guy she plays in the music video is a stereotypical stalker. Most of you are going "It's so obvious she's lying/being sarcastic," but wouldn't Eminem look really stupid if the song is really about the movie Mean Girls? lol :P

Why are you yapping about Mariah being a diva? She loves that title and her fans call her a diva as a compliment. And that quote is fake, so you're not helping yourself prove the case that Mariah's an ignorant woman. And since you posted a fake quote, I can't trust your other points now.

I don't care for Mariah's recent work where she spreads herself around in a bikini while singing a sad song called "Bye Bye" but there's no question that she is a legend.

During Eminem's 9 years as an artist (I'm only counting the years since The Marshall Mathers LP was released), he had 2 #1 US singles and sold about 80 million records worldwide. Mariah has been in the industry for 20 years now and during her first 9 years, she had 13 #1 US singles (now 18 #1 US singles) and around 95 million records sold worldwide. (Now 200 million records sold ww)

There's a reason why Mariah, not her stupid husband, but Mariah has not responded to Eminem (since Obsessed and it's music video is only speculated to be about Eminem). And that's because he's not on her level.

The starving quote I post might be "fake", but Mariah selling 200 million? That's 100% fake, she have only sold 160 million. I got that from her official site, where did you get yours from? Wikipedia? Your also posting fake stats, so I can't trust you either.

Eminem's lack of #1 hit can be explained easily. Radio stations refused to play his songs. He don't make club music, have you ever heard a Eminem song in the clubs? Everyone wants to listen to music they can shake their booties to. Jay-z and Nas didn't have any #1 hits either, but Soulja Boy had a #1 hit. So in your opinion Soulja Boy is a better artist than Jay-z and Nas? There is a reason why Eminem is the best selling artist of the 00s. He sold 76 million and Britney is 2nd with 45 million. So if he is really richard simmons like all of you said, then why do so many people buy his album? Even if he had no number #1 singles, no radio promotion, etc?

She actually said the song is about mean girls? I don't remember a drug addict in mean girl. I don't remember someone looking 95% like Eminem in the movie. Just because Mariah say it's not about Eminem, doesn't mean it's not. Of course, Mariah fans would believe anything she have to say.

So I posted one incident that might be controversial so the rest of her diva actions are also false? That's the exact same thing as Mariah fans saying Eminem released a few controversial singles, so that means all his music are homophobic, racist, sexist, and have no meaning.

When everyone is calling you a stuck up diva, you must be doing something wrong to be called that don't you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be sending another request to a mod to lock this thread. My last request was ignored.

Guest winged_monster

-Whe she accept a role in an low budget independent film, the company can only fly her in economy class. Well, Mariah agreed then bought every single economy seat on her flight, and traveled alone in the cabin! Wow she must hate people!

There are 100000000000000000000000 more reasons why Mariah is a diva. So what excuses do you have for her diva actions and demands?

I'm not defending either of them, but this shows to me just how crazy she is. She probably does have a mental illness and clearly exhibits anti social behavior. I would dislike eminem for attacking someone with her type of problems, but he's not the most rational either rational either.

Guest sikhye

The starving quote I post might be "fake", but Mariah selling 200 million? That's 100% fake, she have only sold 160 million. I got that from her official site, where did you get yours from? Wikipedia? Your also posting fake stats, so I can't trust you either.

Eminem's lack of #1 hit can be explained easily. Radio stations refused to play his songs. He don't make club music, have you ever heard a Eminem song in the clubs? Everyone wants to listen to music they can shake their booties to. Jay-z and Nas didn't have any #1 hits either, but Soulja Boy had a #1 hit. So in your opinion Soulja Boy is a better artist than Jay-z and Nas?

She actually said the song is about mean girls? I don't remember a drug addict in mean girl. I don't remember someone looking 95% like Eminem in the movie. Just because Mariah say it's not about Eminem, doesn't mean it's not. Of course, Mariah fans would believe anything she have to say.

So I posted one incident that might be controversial so the rest of her diva actions are also false? That's the exact same thing as Mariah fans saying Eminem released a few controversial singles, so that means all his music are homophobic, racist, sexist, and have no meaning.

When everyone is calling you a stuck up diva, you must be doing something wrong to be called that don't you think?

Her former label, Sony Music Entertainment stated Mariah Carey sold 200 million copies worldwide. And I doubt the company, which Mariah left bitterly, would flatter her with a false report. And why do you try to mock me with Wikipedia? Your sources are tabloids from what I can tell. And guess what, Eminem sold less than what I stated but I was being nice because I like him. But why didn't you correct me on that?

Are you dismissing the legends that are The Beatles, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson with their #1 singles? Sales and chart positions are a form of showing influence, popularity and success. I'm not saying Eminem doesn't have that, because he is a powerful figure in hip hop, but he has nothing on Mariah. Also there's a difference between consistent performance such as that of Jay-Z, and a one-hit wonder such as Soulja Boy, who was fed radio play due to hype. No one's denied that Eminem is an influential figure in the music industry, but he's still far from Mariah's league.

Mariah stated the stalker in the music video was a stereotypical image of a stalker, just more comedic. I already stated this, please carefully read my post if you wish to disagree with my post properly. Also, Mariah said she enjoyed some quote where a character in Mean Girls asks "Why are you so obsessed with me?" That is the quote the song revolves around. I'm not a Mariah Carey stan, so don't use the comeback of "(Insert person) fans believe in everything they say."

Your fake Mariah Carey quote was repulsive, offensive, and unnecessary. I was just warning you that if you wish to support your statements, do it with 100% accurate information. Also that's not the same thing. The same thing would be if Mariah fans said "Just because Mariah released a few suggestive songs doesn't mean she's a ho with the IQ of a slutty gerbil." FYI

Mariah Carey's known for being a diva and feeds off of that. Eminem's known for speaking his mind distastefully, and feeds off of it. All artists have a certain "image" they feed off of. Only fans will understand their favorite artists are deeper than what the public sees. You can see through Eminem's mask because you're his fan but you fail to see through Mariah's mask because you wish to hate her.

edit: This thread would have been locked anyways, don't worry. This thread seems to have been created so Mariah could be bashed nonstop.

Maybe because Sony want the world to know Mariah Carey is who she is because of Sony? If I was a owner of a record label and an artist left I would say "Under our management he/she sold XXX number of records." Exaggerating the number of albums sold is good publicity for the company, isn't it? So if you were the owner of the label you would rather say she didn't sell a lot of albums under our management? Yea those her diva actions are from tabloids, but if she never acted like diva why would so many people/magazine write that stuff about her? Though, I know where your coming from, nothing the tabloids is real unless you witness it yourself.

I never dismissed the legends like The Beatles, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson. Their songs were actually #1 hits because it was actually good music. So, comparing those legend to today's industry makes sense to you? Back then most of the artists actually made good music. Today's music? 90% of it is garbage. You can say the same phrase over and over in the song and it's going to be a #1 hit. That's why I said #1 singles today does not measure how talented an artist is. So your argument of Mariah is more talented than Eminem because she had more #1 singles does not hold up in my book.

A stereotypical image of a stalker looks and dress like Eminem? That's something new. Oversize hoodie, a hat wore to an angle, sagging pants, hoodie over hat, etc. is the typical stereotype stalker? So she can't come up with a better image of a stalker? And out of everyone in the world, she choose to look like Eminem? And to hide the fact she was trying to imitate Eminem, she wore a goatee.

I never said Mariah was a ho, I said it's the image she portrays to the world. From the beginning of the thread I've said the music industry have changed from a classy image to a slutty/sex image. Mariah had to change her legendary image to sexy/slutty image to sell albums. I used Mary J. Blige as an example of someone who demonstrates real talent, she never appear half naked in her music videos, perform in lingerie, or look for ways to stay in the spotlight to sell album in today's industry. Why can't Mariah be that classy? Because she won't sell as much album so she have to pleasure the public and give what the public wants to see? Cleavage and legs?

I agree with you that each artist have their own image. But I just disagree that Mariah fans are blaming everything on Eminem when Mariah was also immature, in my opinion even more immature than Eminem.

Go read the thread from beginning to end. A Mariah bashing thread? Eminem was labeled as an racist, homophobic, richard simmons, sexist, white trash, retarded, etc. throughout the thread. And when their Eminem bashing failed, one of them turned to bashing Eminem fans.

Mariah? We (Or I) called her a diva and she use the sex image to sell albums in today's industry? That's it. Even you said Mariah feeds off of being called a diva, so we're actually complimenting her when we call her a diva. So whose bashing who?

Guest LostHazel

To be honest, I don't even understand why you guys are turning this into a great debate over two very different artist with different musical genres! This thread wasn't even started to compare who was better than who. Seriously, they have their flaws and greatness. Get over it.

Although I would like to add: I am very into debates with solid arguments, for that is what makes debates enjoyable. But to reduce oneself to personal attacks and name calling proves nothing. Stick with the facts and not the emotions. --not to name names, but if a 10 year old makes a strong valid point, people should just ignore it because of age? You could be 30 and have the most nonsense come out of your mouth. Age DOES NOT indicate intellectual thought. Nor does fanbase. I like Eminem AND Mariah Carey, what does that make me? Smart and stupid?

Actually, I am a bigger MC fan than I am an Eminem. BUT in regards to SONG. Obsessed was a failure to me, I liked Warnings so much better..even with it's profanity.

Guest colloquy

there is this one video where you will get a better idea about the media direction i wanted to show you

it's not NEW knowledge but it does give you a refreshing take on media today. i'm not saying that eminem made everything happen. but that a lot of these sort of "rebels" (i call them) or people who are very outspoken against what they truly believe in whether it be some social/political issue isn't wrong. their outspokeness from many many many years ago combined with technology is a social movement into making us SMARTER and AWARE. there are definately still TONS AND TONS AND TONS of places to work on. not saying we're perfect now in any way. the only reason why everything is seeming to get WORSE with the american culture is because all the dirty truths are coming out.

Um, I highly doubt that Eminem is considered by the majority to be a powerful, influential figure hailed for his positive, political viewpoints. He is most known for being in some controversial spat and putting out catchy rap music. Maybe it's because you don't live in America, but I still stand by the fact that Eminem has helped spread homophobia and sexism among the youth more than hinder it. If he's trying to do otherwise, well, I'd evaluate his gameplan if I was him. You're now criticizing Carey for using sex to sell her music, but you won't critique Eminem who has denigrated women more than she's ever done by wearing skimpy clothing and suggestive lyrics. Mmkay.

Also, didn't Carey split with her husband because he wouldn't let her wear revealing clothing?

Guest Tofu_Cloud

i agree with alot of comments he is soo delusional.. first it was britney then christina and then 10x other girls..

and now mariah... he soo whiney and annoying... he needs to retire again.

WILL THE REAL SLIM SHADY PLZ STAND UP PLZ STAND UP PLZ STAND UP... ewww.....

Archived