Eminem Lyrically Destroyed Mariah Carey Again.

1love

Guest tranceeee

^can we not bash one another please? =.=

anyways, lol i say its funny how the two artists are battling it out. but i'm gonna have to be biased and go for team Eminem!!! but i do love MC's songs.. they're very catchy and 'Obsessed' is no exception (:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kennesu

Same thing for you Mariah lovers, your making excuses for Mariah's actions. She did wayyyyyyyyyy more to escalate this situation than Eminem. She wrote a song, released it as the 1st single, and made a music video. In addition: She made a remix with Gucci Mane, and make a music video for the REMIX! Who makes a music video for a remix? Of course the remix music video is more rolling around half naked.

What did Eminem do that made it worse? I bet none of you have ever heard or know about Bagpipes from Baghdad before visiting this thread. And if you did, then your a secret Eminem fan at heart. Why? because Eminem didn't release it as a single. He didn't make a music video on it. So only his fans have heard the song until Mariah came out with Obsessed and Nick went crazy on Eminem on Twitter/blog, it got the attention of the media.

So who came out as the more immature one? Who wanted more attention? Who took advantage of the situation to promote him/herself? Yea Eminem made a song, but he kept it on the down low. Mariah went national with her song and made Eminem look like a obsessed stalker.

I agree both are at fault, but I'm on Eminem's side.

Um, I haven't listened to bagpipes but you do know it's been on youtube for a couple of months know as the "nick cannon diss". I still haven't listened to it but if someone put me in a song like that, be it the title track or a hidden single, I would not like it.

^can we not bash one another please? =.=

anyways, lol i say its funny how the two artists are battling it out. but i'm gonna have to be biased and go for team Eminem!!! but i do love MC's songs.. they're very catchy and 'Obsessed' is no exception (:

Sorry I didn't mean to bash, I meant to be a bit more constructive. I'll take that out. Seriously, I respect both artist but comparing a rap artist to a pop artist both with different styles beyond musically will not go very far. This thread is probably going to be closed soon imo =/

Well really it's not fair to compare album sale figures to success. Mariah sold as many as albums as she did because at the time when she came out, a lot of her CD's (Mariah Carey, Emotions, Music Box, Butterfly, Daydream, #1s, Rainbow) you could not get without buying the CD or the cassette. Eminem came out during the Napster period when illegal digital downloads were on the rise. Both their CDs from onwards have unaccounted for downloads and the figures that Eminem is selling from his debut and Mariah Carey's CDs from Glitter onwards are a reflection of what is considered good figures in terms of sales now that people are easily downloading CDs without repercussion. I will say that in terms of what Eminem has sold in his career compared to Mariah and the state of CD sales, he's pretty met or has even surpassed her.

I agree, 1love has made more valid points in this whole argument. LucasBunny, you've been repeating yourself then bring up random facts in relation to other celebrities then say it doesn't matter when those points get refuted and bring up something else. You did say that Eminem is grown up and can make responsible choices and actions, but so can Mariah Carey. She's 40 and has longevity and way more experience in the music and entertainment industry. Yet she was the one who decided to answer the radio question which perpetuated the whole situation in the first place.If anything, I think she should have known how to handle a professional interview and know that anything related to celebrity hook up and feuds are always going to be blown out of proportion. Although I will say it again, the both of them need to shut the hell up about something that happened 7 years ago. She's got a husband and a career, he has a child and career, concentrate on that.

But the whole thing is that there is no solid proof that Mariah directed "Obsessed" towards Eminem

and if she denied it...so what?

Why should she broadcast whether she and Eminem had sex ?

I will say it again

If Eminem and Mariah had sex it is between Mariah and Eminem end of story.

You are right they should concentrate on their own careers..as for me repeating myself

people keep asking me the same questions and bringing up the same arguments which is why I repeat myself.

I don't really care who gets annoyed by it, people keep asking "why are you judging Eminem" and saying junk like "They should know better than to mess with Eminem" "Mariah Carey dresses like a richard simmons" so I say what I have to say.

People (even though they say they don't) act like if Eminem starts a fight people don't have the right to fight back.

Guest jybaby

and i'm gonna tell you what i said to that argument you made PAGES back. i said

YOU THINK IT'S OKAY FOR MARIAH TO BE A TASTEFUL SL*T AND CARESS HERSELF FOR THE WHOLE 3 MIN OF HER OBSESSED VIDEO so why would she have to beat around the bush about her sex life? especially some fling that happend a few years back? i'd understand if a 17 year old miley cyrus with a disney image denied things but come ON. someone who uses SEX (YOU SAID IT FIRST!) to sell her stuff should not lie. she's lying to her FANS like you who for some reason feel that it's right to support her on this issue.

i can't believe you just said there's no real solid proof that obsessed if for eminem. lol this is gonna stay as a classic soompi for me. wow after all that...lolol. if you really believed that you would've said that in your first few arguments.

let me tell you why we repeat our questions. it's because you IGNORE them wheras we've answered all your questions yet you also decided to ignore them. this leads me to believe that you are in fact NOT reading what we're writing. ...those weren't even our arguments or questions directed towards you

yeah eminem started the song war but mariah initiated it. she lied and took his pride and stomped on it. like i said before, she had to bring out her diva-ness and act as if she was alllll that good stuff and eminem could not touch it. that's so...just wrong. she could've just said no comment. also...as a professional entertainer you should know straight up what you will be interviewed about or request specifically what you will not talk about ie. sex life, love life.

both good artists. mariah the artist has a good voice. no need to compare record sales. it doesn't justify their actions lol

Anyone know knows anything about Eminem know it's about him. Listening to the beginning of the song or 1st verse as we call it in hip-hop, it have Eminem written all over it.

What solid proof? You think Mariah will say "Yea, the song is about Eminem."? Of course she will deny it.

The guy in the video played by Mariah don't dress like Eminem? Well she did wear a goatee beard, I guess it can't be Eminem because he never had a goatee. If the song was really not about Eminem, then she would've used a hot model touching her body in the video. If have nothing to defend Mariah's immaturity then don't. Don't need to say "the song is not about Eminem" because we all know it is. I'm not saying Eminem isn't immature, but Mariah came out as more immature throughout the whole situation.

eminem.jpg

eminem-7.jpg

eminem-2.jpg

vs.

mariah-eminem-b.jpg

Guest Meenuh

were you trying to sound like a Richard? cuz if you werent, you succeeded anyways

if you were trying to be witty then you failed.

If you read my post carefully enough, you would have seen I said NOT on this forum but on another.

Did I ever say this? No.

Duh.

You talk as though Eminem is some kind of lyrical genius or prodigy. Off the top of my head, I can think of any good "verbalists." But regardless of my standards, it doesnt take a genius to see that lyrics like these:

"New Kids on the Block, sucked a lot of Richard

Boy/girl groups make me sick"

"Got pissed off and ripped Pamela Lee's richard simmons off

An' smacked her so hard, i knocked her clothes backwards like criss-cross!"

are crass, mediocre, and unworthy of praise.

@dabrain "he does have a lot of songs with "questionable" lyrics but did u listen to his good songs too?"

he has none.

@1love "So it's an excuse for Michael Jackson to act abnormal because of his childhood. It's wrong for Eminem who had a way worse childhood to have an abnormal personality."

no one said it was.

Rofl. How is saying that "it's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty" trying to be witty? Whatever credibility you had is now gone because you're obviously as dumb as you sound.

Why are you even here talking about issues from other forums? ...

No. You didn't say it. Hence the MAYBE. Do you know what MAYBE means?

You're referring to his more popular songs that were played on the radio which I have stated earlier that I DO NOT LIKE. You're picking out his "silly" lyrics. Obviously you can't name them "off the top of your head" otherwise you would have done so. Please don't go and google "best lyricists of all time" either. Lol. If you don't listen to hip hop then just say that you don't listen to it. Don't act like you do when it's pretty obvious you don't. I'm not saying this because you don't like Eminem. That's a matter of preference but if you're gonna sit there and pick out lyrics like THAT and judge whether Eminem is a good verbalist or not then it really makes me curious to know what you listen to.

I don't see anywhere where I "talk as though eminem is a genius or a prodigy". I just think he is skilled. Apparently that's a crime to you. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCkwlNq8DY

KRS ONE thinks Eminem is dope too. ;) Don't know if you think KRS ONE is "a good verbalist" but I hope he's on "your list".

I don't even know how this whole thing went so off topic. I'll say it once and i'll say it again. He ripped her a new one. I'm just gonna leave it at that. I don't care about their issues between eachother.

Why are you guys arguing over who's more talented? Mariah and Eminem are both talented in their own ways. You can dislike them but to deny their talent is silly. Just because they're not your style or fit your ideals doesn't make them talentless or their achievements any less worthy. Now, stop arguing about it because it has nothing to do with the topic. There's also no point in arguing who's the nicer of the two because the chances are, none of you guys know Mariah and Eminem personally.

As for the songs: The Warning > Obsessed.

THANK YOU.

and i'm gonna tell you what i said to that argument you made PAGES back. i said

YOU THINK IT'S OKAY FOR MARIAH TO BE A TASTEFUL SL*T AND CARESS HERSELF FOR THE WHOLE 3 MIN OF HER OBSESSED VIDEO so why would she have to beat around the bush about her sex life? especially some fling that happend a few years back? i'd understand if a 17 year old miley cyrus with a disney image denied things but come ON. someone who uses SEX (YOU SAID IT FIRST!) to sell her stuff should not lie. she's lying to her FANS like you who for some reason feel that it's right to support her on this issue.

i can't believe you just said there's no real solid proof that obsessed if for eminem. lol this is gonna stay as a classic soompi for me. wow after all that...lolol. if you really believed that you would've said that in your first few arguments.

let me tell you why we repeat our questions. it's because you IGNORE them wheras we've answered all your questions yet you also decided to ignore them. this leads me to believe that you are in fact NOT reading what we're writing. ...those weren't even our arguments or questions directed towards you

yeah eminem started the fight because mariah carey lied and took his pride and stomped on it. like i said before, she had to bring out her diva-ness and act as if she was alllll that good stuff and eminem could not touch it. that's so...just wrong. she could've just said no comment. also...as a professional entertainer you should know straight up what you will be interviewed about or request specifically what you will not talk about ie. sex life, love life.

That bold part doesnt make a bit of sense :mellow:

How is she lying to her fans???

Since when is her sex life her fans business???

I love Mariah...but I don't give 2 craps about her sex life, I'd rather not know about it, I don't care about it.

I don't give a damn if Mariah wanted to have sex with the old guy downstairs goodness. That is her personal business.

She said "No".....and?

would you blame any female for denying it with the way harsh way he talks about females???

Can anyone provide me with solid proof that obsessed was directed towards Eminem???

I'm not saying it wasnt but I don't jump to conclusions and I don't believe the media hype.

All I'm asking is for solid proof, I thought the song was addressed at him for sure until I read the statement from Nick Cannon which made sense. So all I want is solid proof.

That bold part doesnt make a bit of sense :mellow:

How is she lying to her fans???

Since when is her sex life her fans business???

I love Mariah...but I don't give 2 craps about her sex life, I'd rather not know about it, I don't care about it.

I don't give a damn if Mariah wanted to have sex with the old guy downstairs goodness. That is her personal business.

Can anyone provide me with solid proof that obsessed was directed towards Eminem???

I'm not saying it wasnt but I don't jump to conclusions and I don't believe the media hype.

You may not give a damn about her sex life but generally, the public does. And she is making her sex life our business--its called a publicity stunt. :\

You may not give a damn about her sex life but generally, the public does. And she is making her sex life our business--its called a publicity stunt. :\

Then honestly the public needs to find better ways to keep themselves occupied because no one's sex life is the public's business....how did SHE make it a publicity stunt??? how is saying "No" a publicity stunt?

she's not allowed to say no just because she's Mariah Carey??

Guest jybaby

i did not bold that so i'm guessing you did

you said that there's a difference between tasteful and slutty and that mariah is very tasteful. i mixed them together for a writing effect which wasn't even the point of the argument lol

their situation isn't revolved around you so why is half of your argument talking about how you don't want to know about their sex life and some old man downstairs...i'm just trying to say that she lied and as a FAN i thought you'd be a bit disappointed because i wouldn't want a celebrity that i look up to lie about something just so they can keep some fake image and make money off of me. if you don't wanna talk about it then say so and be smart about it.

All I'm asking is for solid proof, I thought the song was addressed at him for sure until I read the statement from Nick Cannon which made sense. So all I want is solid proof.

Everything makes sense when your biased towards Eminem and everything that makes Mariah look innocent would make sense to you.

And there is no way Nick Cannon or Mariah will say the song is about Eminem. They seem like they love to deny stuff and never man up to their own actions. For all you know, Nick Cannon finally realized he dug himself in a hole he can't get out of and now he is trying to fix it by denying everything and try to act like the innocent one.

From her lyrics:

"It must be the weed. It must be the E. Cause you be popping hood. You get it popping" - Eminem is known to have a drug problem. In his Relapse album, he talked about his battle with drugs and depression.

“You a mom and pop, I’m a corporation. I’m the press conference, you a conversation.” Eminem said things didn't work out between the two because Mariah was a diva and he is a regular person. In this line, Mariah states she is a diva and Eminem is a nobody, so why would I date you?

"Ohh finally found a girl that you couldn’t impress. Last man on the earth- still couldn’t get this"- Eminem in Bagpipes said "he wanted her back." So Mariah in this line answered his request saying she wouldn't date him if he was the last guy on earth.

So it just happens to be a coincidence that she is saying a guy with a drug problem is obsessed with her? So just happens to be a coincidence there is a guy with a drug problems saying they had sex? So it just happens to be a coincidence she dressed like Eminem in the music video?

So I guess this was all just a misunderstanding. And the last 15 pages of argument was irrelevant and a waste of time because Mariah or Nick Cannon didn't man up and say it is about Eminem.......

It's a marketing ploy.

It could start out as a small conflict triggered by a lyrical slip up then they call each other up or something and quickly get over it but their agents carry out correspondence, plan things out, and dump the conflict over to the media. They manage it to maintain hype for their artists' material and kill it before it gets too ridiculous/unbelievable.

Two grown adults making millions could care less whether they hurt each other's feelings as long as they use it to their advantage as a basis to market material. And cash out. True with NaS/Jay-Z, Kanye/50, and countless other beefs. Jay-Z's "retirement" was also BS - a basis for hype.

Real beefs aren't intentionally publicized/aren't managed... like how Tupac's beef ended and Biggie's beef ended.

Guest jybaby

you ask why it's a publicity stunt?

i don't think you're english is too good but as 1love said:

she's making her personal life our business

translated into easier english:

it's not because she said no on a radio show. she wrote a dis song with PERSONAL feelings for the world to hear. she's gonna put it in the album ..she's gonna sell it.. we're gonna buy it with our own money and then listen to it..and when we listen to it...it's our business. i don't know if i broke it down enough. but if you need help just say so.

it's a publicity stunt because she decides that THIS track is going to be the FIRST SONG she puts out for her "MEMOIR" oh yes. a memoir is when someone talks about their personal encounters. so she's going to put this song out RIGHT after eminem released his album. why oh why would she and her oh so clever marketing team decide to do that. must've been coincidence that this is creating SO MUCH HYPE because never ever would a marketing team want you to talk about the celebrity who's putting out an album soon. (you even said that there was media hype) crazy right? yes. the world is like this. shocking. but i read on your LJ and it said you were an 86'er? ...... well i guess you learned something new today.

so, you're implying that no one should buy this album because we shouldn't care about her personal life. in which she wanted to share with us. in which she wanted to make her debut single and make some music video that looked like it was directed by a 5 year old.

WOW we finally came into an agreement about something.

But the whole thing is that there is no solid proof that Mariah directed "Obsessed" towards Eminem

and if she denied it...so what?

Why should she broadcast whether she and Eminem had sex ?

I will say it again

If Eminem and Mariah had sex it is between Mariah and Eminem end of story.

You are right they should concentrate on their own careers..as for me repeating myself

people keep asking me the same questions and bringing up the same arguments which is why I repeat myself.

I don't really care who gets annoyed by it, people keep asking "why are you judging Eminem" and saying junk like "They should know better than to mess with Eminem" "Mariah Carey dresses like a richard simmons" so I say what I have to say.

People (even though they say they don't) act like if Eminem starts a fight people don't have the right to fight back.

That's what I meant, whether or not they did have sex, it should have been between them. Mariah broadcasted it by denying it when she was asked by the radio interviewer then later touching on the subject again. What I said was, Mariah should not have just commented on it at all when she was asked. Denial or affirmation would have had backlash from the media including entertainers involved in it, including Eminem himself. Had she just said that she had no comment or changed the subject, I really think this whole thing would have forgotten in time and the two wouldn't even have any relation other than maybe having had a private fling at some point. Instead, what started out as a question and answer on the radio led to songs on released to the mass audience and 15 pages of argument on soompi :P Like you, I really don't care about the sex lives and personal lives of stars; I care more about their careers as it's what we should be focusing on. These two should have just dropped this 7 years ago and focus on their lives now.

Yes, the subject definitely would not have been dropped at that point (it would've raised more suspicion) and it's tough having to live with those rumours and paparazzi and interviewers hounding you for an answer, but where there's no proof, there's no 'news' and it'll die down in time. That's what I meant =]

Guest A180585

First of all teh age thing wasnt directed towards you but I wouldnt be surprised if you were about 16

2. Who is trying to justify Mariah's diva attitude?

she may be a diva, but she isnt a spiteful bastard like Eminem

3. Without logic??

you must hate your own arguments then :rolleyes: none of the arguments in this thread have decent logic

4. When did I say Jay-Z was my hero....and whoever said Mike Tyson is a washed up boxer made me laugh. People act like everyone should be mini cooperting bricks when it comes to Eminem when he is far from scary. Jay-z knowing better than to mess with Eminem don't make me laugh.

5. You know damn well why I made the Se7enxTaebin reference,

you dislike Mariah for supposedly dressing skanky yet you respect Taebin for practically undressing Se7en on stage, all they needed was the honey...trashy much??? if Mariah's outfits are trashy then that is beyond trashy, why the double standard???

And about Mariah's oufits??

so what if her outfits are short, there is a difference between skanky and tasteful

so what if she wants to wear daisy dukes? why is that necessarily bad? Mariah doesnt look slutty in her videos, Mariah has an awesome body and she's showing it. I remember you all saying the same crap about Beyonce's outfits.

You all kill me thinking everyone should be scared of Eminem, Eminem can go kick rocks,Mariah has a right to defend herself

Eminem called her out first why should she stay silent???

One more thing...WTF is up with all of these sudden soompi accounts being created???

"First of all teh age thing wasnt directed towards you but I wouldnt be surprised if you were about 16"

LOL...no, it wasn't directed towards me specifically....just the whole bunch of us not supporting Mariah. Way to generalise. And no, I'm not 16....you would have known that if you read my comment properly.

2. Who is trying to justify Mariah's diva attitude?

she may be a diva, but she isnt a spiteful bastard like Eminem

YOU were trying to justify her diva attitude. You were trying to DENY she is a diva and then when everyone pointed out instances that she WAS a diva you went on defensive mode and starting justifying it. Read your post again...didn't you say Mariah may have her moments and can be a diva but Eminem is a spiteful, hateful person? That is considered justification. I don't even see the relevance of that statement. So Eminem is a spiteful prick so Mariah can be a diva....say what? :huh:

3. Without logic??

you must hate your own arguments then :rolleyes: none of the arguments in this thread have decent logic

No, I don't bring up irrelevant stuff in my comment. Enough said. You're the one pulling out Taebin and Se7en - whom have no relevance to this Mariah Carey Vs. Eminem debate - in the first place. That's lack of relevance and logic.

4. When did I say Jay-Z was my hero....and whoever said Mike Tyson is a washed up boxer made me laugh. People act like everyone should be mini cooperting bricks when it comes to Eminem when he is far from scary. Jay-z knowing better than to mess with Eminem don't make me laugh.

You're confusing me with 1love, I didn't say anything about Jay-Z being your hero. Get your facts straight. And no, I didn't even say Eminem is scary....I said Mariah would have seen this retaliation track coming because she would have known Eminem wouldn't have let it go. Eminem is just another rapper who uses words to fight. Why the hell would he be scary?

5. You know damn well why I made the Se7enxTaebin reference,

you dislike Mariah for supposedly dressing skanky yet you respect Taebin for practically undressing Se7en on stage, all they needed was the honey...trashy much??? if Mariah's outfits are trashy then that is beyond trashy, why the double standard???

Firstly Korean TV would not have let Taebin 'practically undressing Se7en' on stage and act 'trashy' as you call it. Exaggeration much? Mariah can roll around half naked on national television, sing about touching her body and have cleavage seen all the way in Mars and yet when Taebin and Se7en have a playful feel up on stage (not saying that this is right though) then it's 'beyond trashy'? And you say I have double standards. Oh how you make me laugh!

And also, if that occurred, you know as well as I know that it's not their method to sell. It was for that one period during Taebin's promo period and they don't base their whole image on sex and provocative poses. Don't even try and argue that out because you know damn well that you can't take one incident and compare it with a whole bunch of incidents (1 or 2 stage fan services Vs. almost every video Mariah has come out with since her 'Heony' days). When has Mariah covered up during a video or performance? Hasn't it always been the same, whether it be an emotional song like Bye Bye or a sexy song like Touch my Body. Hasn't it always been about breasts, skimpy outfits and provocative poses? God she couldn't even cover up at MJ's memorial! Oh and I didn't say I 'respected' Taebin for that whole fan service thing he did...when did i say that? You live in my head now eh?

As for respect, I disrespect Mariah's method to gain fame because she is a FEMALE and so am I. Way to set an example for the younger crowd eh? Strip, exploit yourself....that's how you'll be famous. You do realise that if Mariah Carey had not already made a name for herself during the 90's that in today's music scene, she won't be seen any different to the next female artist willing to strip down to almost nothing to be on the scene right? She has her following and fan base from back in the 90s. As for today's crowd, if she were to launch herself as a new artist then I highly doubt the fanbase would be very significant. There are younger, prettier female artists out there that uses their voices just as well as she does.

Don't try to belittle me with the 'I think you're 16' crap. I question your age by the way you write and carry yourself in here.

exactly what jybaby said. She's the one delivering it (her sex life) to us, so as the listeners the public must eat it up. If we don't, she won't get her precious record sales that everyone was previously arguing about. I'm definitely not saying that her musical talents had nothing to do with it--she is amazing--however this publicity stunt might just work in helping her sales.

As for respect, I disrespect Mariah's method to gain fame because she is a FEMALE and so am I. Way to set an example for the younger crowd eh? Strip, exploit yourself....that's how you'll be famous.

I don't understand why people are upset with Mariah Carey's way of dressing in that music video. Being half naked with cleavage showing and touching yourself is really nothing new.

Guest jybaby

@ delster^exactly.

you see lucusbunny. put yourself in eminem's shoes.

mariah KNEW that eminem had admitted it but she says that it didn't happen. well clearly...SOMEONE has to be wrong? it's quite obvious that if eminem was really at fault he wouldn't bring up the situation again after so many years when people have forgotten about it. it's like being a suspect in a murder case and you were actually guilty but got off free. why would you ever go back to the police and be like PLEASE INVESTIGATE AGAIN.

in return, mariah feels that she needs to be on the defensive (obviously because she lied) and sing "obsessed". she feels that she needs to look as innocent as possible and that it'll be okay if she flaunts this crap everywhere because she's innocent. that's what she's trying to do.

not only does this FURIATE eminem because she threw it in his face with a mv dressed up like him and all but the fact that he had just sorta let it go already but she just has to keep on pushing him to his limits. therefore he came out with THE WARNING to stfu mariah ONCE AND FOR ALL so he doesn't have to deal with her diva attitude. now this is where you don't like his cussing but we've all tried countless times to explain it to you but i've realized that you take us off track. anyways, if mariah comes out with another eminem dis track that i welcome then i will be waiting for the headline:

"EMINEM RELEASES MARIAH PHOTOS, VIDEOS, MESSAGES AND TAPES"

Rofl. How is saying that "it's a good thing you weren't trying to be witty" trying to be witty? Whatever credibility you had is now gone because you're obviously as dumb as you sound.

Why are you even here talking about issues from other forums? ...

No. You didn't say it. Hence the MAYBE. Do you know what MAYBE means?

You're referring to his more popular songs that were played on the radio which I have stated earlier that I DO NOT LIKE. You're picking out his "silly" lyrics. Obviously you can't name them "off the top of your head" otherwise you would have done so. Please don't go and google "best lyricists of all time" either. Lol. If you don't listen to hip hop then just say that you don't listen to it. Don't act like you do when it's pretty obvious you don't. I'm not saying this because you don't like Eminem. That's a matter of preference but if you're gonna sit there and pick out lyrics like THAT and judge whether Eminem is a good verbalist or not then it really makes me curious to know what you listen to.

I don't see anywhere where I "talk as though eminem is a genius or a prodigy". I just think he is skilled. Apparently that's a crime to you. Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCkwlNq8DY

KRS ONE thinks Eminem is dope too. ;) Don't know if you think KRS ONE is "a good verbalist" but I hope he's on "your list".

I don't even know how this whole thing went so off topic. I'll say it once and i'll say it again. He ripped her a new one. I'm just gonna leave it at that. I don't care about their issues between eachother.

I laughed at that :lol:. Because if he actually googled "best lyricists of all time", he would be surprised at the number of time the name Eminem pops up. Then he would come back claiming Ras Kass or Rakim is the best lyricists even though he had never listened to Soul on Ice or 18th Letter before. (Not saying Ras Kass or Rakim isn't the best. I got my money on Rakim though.)

But I agree, people probably just listen to Eminem's controversial singles and have never listen to any of his work outside of the radio and mtv.

Oh yea KRS-1 is dope!

Archived