How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

Guest hyo.jy

lol well

its mostly because we eat 50% liquid in our meals

i mean, we have rice and soup. and liquid fills you up but doesnt add weight so i guess thats how we do it..

EDIT: ohhh snapp i own this pageee

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveof

i've seen some pretty big korean girls.... :mellow:

that's like saying everyone from the uk are skinny because most models come from there.

Guest .:precious:.

maybe its how they eat! dont they consume a little at certain times of the day...regularly? did that make sense to anyone?...You know kinda like the eating habits of french girls?

Guest kiralz0mg

its genetics and lifestyle ... I'm 5'6 and i only weigh 95 pounds.. =x my dad told me i'm skinny because him and his family were too poor so they starved alot hence they are skinny LOL... but its also fast metabolism... and all my fat goes to my stomach and face and then fades off :mellow: i walk alot.. so all the calories i earn eating i burn it off i guess..? =x but yeah not all Koreans are skinny in general, its more of Asians that are skinny LOL

Guest Justalilodreamer

i think its the food. we eat mostly healthy food/food with less carbs (like vegetables, rice, meat) while in america its fast food for every one and practically everything has cheese, butter, fattening stuff =/

i also think its fast metabolism..i eat alot and hardly ever excersize but im still stick skinny T_T

Guest jenandhansun

its the type of food koreans eat (says my doctor in korea)~~

the main ingredient in many dishes is VEGGIES~~

and the dessert for any meal is 99% freshly cut fruit, not cakes or anything carby~(except for special occasion)

Guest b7jky

UK is considered to be the fattest country in Europe... <_< Aish...

I'm asian and get told I'm fat by alot of people, especially relatives etc.

I live in UK and in college the oversea students [mainly China] are tiny! I'm considered one of the tallest chinese girl in the college... but theres ONE and only ONE girl i know of who is taller than me and shes 5 ft 8 [pretty tall!] I'm 5ft 6...

the rest are probably 5ft 2 or under o_o

I guess it's lifestyle, and probably metabolism, but I'm pretty sure for any one of us to go to Korea, HK or Japan, China for long term, you'd probably start losing weight?~

I can't wait to go back to HK! But I'm considered as VERY FAT over there cuz like people said previously, HK people are STICK THIN!

I'm not going back till next year, but I'm already starting to diet x_x I don't wanna drop my weight down to 100lbs or less... cause i personally think my frame is quite big and I've not got a typical asian body.

But how ever much weight I lose, i will never fit in the skinny catergory in Asia.

Guest kyaaax3

I think you mean East Asian girls in general. o_0;; They're all twigs.

As for me, I'm pretty uh...round for my size (and as an Asian). >___> I don't think it's just genetics and all that though. Some Asian girls can get fat really easily, but they're only skinny 'cause they eat so little and like to keep watch of everything they eat. =O So yeah.

Guest Hemera

it's not just korean girls..chinese, taiwanese, japanese, etc. girls tend to be petite(im sure you know that already ^__^"), but i've noticed only in the metro areas are they like..stick skinny....you know..trend. my girl cousin is 5'2"-5'3" and she weighs about 80something pounds while two of my good mainland chinese friends are both taller than me(im 5'5") and they have nice, female-y bodies...damnit! i envy them -___-

Guest optimist

Well, now that i think about it...why would muscle weigh more than fat? I mean...like...a pound of muscle is a pound of fat right? (Kind of like that riddle with the feathers and anvils or whatever)

But still. Stilllll conFOUNDED.

The same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat.

Guest TutuKure

but they're only skinny 'cause they eat so little and like to keep watch of everything they eat. =O So yeah.

I'm 5'5 and weigh about 98lb, I don't excerise, Im not sure I mange to stay so skinny, and the fact that I eat too much. but i guess it has to do with genetics and how high your metabolism is. If you excerise more than they say your metabolism increases, also your intake on food too.

its weird, because i'm a really healthy girl at 5'5 and i don't look fat but i weigh a lot more than anything called "average" here. i'm serious that people who think they weigh a lot or think they're fat at 115 i'm like...are you serious? I don't know how girls can do it and yes i do wish to be skinny but i don't think i can ever be 100 lbs unless i'm starving to death. =___=;;

i exercise a LOT and i try to keep bad stuff out of my system to be healthy. =)

i see girls like in the chinese uhlzzang thread and they're my height or taller and weigh like 90-105 lbs. Is like body structure also involved because their arms are like twigs but they look healthy and seem to eat and not just binge or anything. I'm totally lost sometimes in the whole weight factor. O__O

Guest LightsPower

I guess it's uh..the media, pressure from parents, and genes. Some of them have really fast metabolism too. Basically everything you guys said.

Your parents will bug you to no end if they think you're fat.

For some of you gals who think you're fat...YOU'RE NOT. Do you REALLY want to look like twig that falls over when someone pokes you? -_- I know I don't. If you think you're going to look attractive weighing 80 pounds at 5'x", you're wrong. So...just eat normally, exercise a few times a week, and you'll be fine.

Guest Azn Drifto

The same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat.

I think whats meant by muslce weighting more than fat, is because if u get a chunk of muscle thats like the size of a tennis ball, it'll be much heavier than a chunk of fat that is a size of a tennis ball. If that makes any sense. Muslce is more dense and weights more.

Guest emc123

most of my asian friends don't have an richard simmons, boobs, etc. they're flat boards, so they weigh little. i used to be jelous of them, because i'm one of the wierd asian girls with a butt and boobs. so i guess i have more things to take into account then them.

Guest loveletters4U

most of my asian friends don't have an richard simmons, boobs, etc. they're flat boards, so they weigh little. i used to be jelous of them, because i'm one of the wierd asian girls with a butt and boobs. so i guess i have more things to take into account then them.

I know, thats what I think too, a lot of them are flat in the front and flat in the back I don't mind not being 100 pounds because I like to keep the weight i have in the chest and rear

Guest ahreum

I don't think I've ever seen a regular Korean girl as skinny as the ones I see in Korea and Korean entertainment.

I mean, the ones I see (the American ones) are skinny, but NO where near as skinny as the ones in Korea.

I was also wondering this. Like, how does Go Ara stay so skinny at like 170/5'7"?! She's 99 pounds; at least that's what it says in her profile.

And I recently read an article about one of the Twins girls, the HK duo... Gillian Chung (I think that's her name) how they said that she was fat?

I think they're crazy! She's SO skinny. Her face is a little bit chubby, but her body was so skinny. I can't even begin to imagine what they'd think of me...

Archived