How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

Guest vivi23

*nods* asian family are very direct, like when u put on a bit of weight they instantly point out ur fat and that u need 2 eat less sweet stuff do more exercise, blah blah,

and lifestyle would affect it too, coz in hot asain countries u dnt want to eat as much cause of the heat where as in palces when winters are longer than summer ur more inclined to eat ^^

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest r/-inbow

eh, genes.

but i actually gained weight during my visit to HK o___o;; and i got back to my normal weight when i came back to america XD; dont like the food here.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

bcuz krns are GENETICALLY superior n are naturally born thin. yea right. maybe girls actually IN korea are on the whole thinner. but that is because in korea the culture is to be thin and its embarrassing to be fat.

thats how it is in taiwan, hk, china, japan.

its because they diet that way or were born that way.

its not because they're krn, jpnese, chinese.

and yes. muscle weighs MORE than fat.

Guest cocobar

Yes, muscle weigh much more than fat.

I dont think Korean girls weigh that little. I've seen quite alot of regular overweight korean girls.

Anyway, what you eat is what you are. So yeah.

Guest happyhappyhappy

uh, there is a fair number of pretty heavy korean girls. (heavy doesnt mean fat necessarily)

Guest deportedkorean

Well, now that i think about it...why would muscle weigh more than fat? I mean...like...a pound of muscle is a pound of fat right? (Kind of like that riddle with the feathers and anvils or whatever)

But still. Stilllll conFOUNDED.

yes, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, but the pound of fat is greater in volume.

for example, compare a square foot of fat and a square foot of muscle, the muscle would weigh more.

in other words, muscle doesnt weigh more than fat, its more DENSE than fat

Guest MaC87

wow...i guess it depends on your family genes cux my family consists of tall and big people. I'm like 5'5 and weight like 150 but i'm considered overweight.... that why I play tennis and try to eat healthy but no matter what I will still look big because it the family genes...

Guest touche`

ohyeah.. I agree with you.. Esp girls that are 5'4 and up is like.. 95 lbs.. Its like umm. eat more, yo.

Guest pillowbox

i think you mean asian ppl in general... especially in hong kong...

the media is a big factor, but also their lifestyle...

they walk everywhere, and they consume less "fast food", if they want quick food on the go, its like curry fishballs, or a bowl of noodles, so a lot less calories consumed..

and seriously.. they walk everywhere or use public transportation...

omgosh i know what you mean exactly. Those celebrities who are obsessed about their weights, they are disgusting. Im not saying being skinny is no good, but at least have some meat in yourself. Those ppl in hk are like anoxeric .. yet ppl still goes around complaining they are fat.

lifestyle back in asian countries are different than US. i remember i was skinny back in china, but ever since i was introduced to all these junk foods etc, i began to gain weight. Sometimes i regret eating them since it resulted my current height. Im still growing though .. well not that much but my goal is at least 5'3 or 5'4 by the end of high school. I have 3 more years.

Guest RainFan4ever

im teeny tiny person i don't starve myself i eat like a cow sometimes it how u were built and family genetic.. 5'4 96 lbs been like that since middle school an dnow im in college 22 yrs and i still don't lose or gain ani pund but lately i knda lost my appitite b/c of braces but other than that i never starve myself somtimes ppl were built that my like my friends they are all skinny!

Guest i heart victoria's secret

that's a bit stereotypical cause i know some korena girls & boys that are overweight

Guest xthefluffyonex

Hmm I always see either really skinny or overweight asian girls, never medium size. But that's only around my college. I dunno..maybe b/c of genetics and fast metabolism? Or small bone structure?

Guest embol

They starve themselves. It's unfortunate, but true.

Not all.

Some people just have a really tiny frame to begin with,

and add a fast metabolism here and there,

one can be really tiny.

I'm 5'6 and I weigh 105, not because I starve myself, but because I have a ridiculously fast metabolism. I don't work out, I never excercise, and i can't even touch my toes. I do nothing but eat and sleep. And I don't eat healthy either. Burger King is my heaven and I love eating Whoppers with fries squished in the center. However, even though I am skinny (I have really skinny legs and arms), I do have a flab of stomach.. :sweatingbullets: hehe. lol yeah, so check for the stomach. Even though some girls may look really skinny from far away, check the stomach because it tells all.. whether they excercise or not, are anorexic/bulimic or not.. and etc

Guest fluffpuff

muscle weighs 2.2 times more than fat when taken volume for volume so if you're muscular, you'll definately tend to be heavier as compared to a person your size but without much muscle composition. Thin is IN in the asian culture now. It sucks but rings true in almost every asian nationality and culture i can think of. Look at our Asian celebrities - 99% of them are sticks. Even if they didn't start out in the industry as sticks, over the years they somehow progress to becoming toothpick-skinny. What kind of message will that be sending to young, impressionable Asian girls? They'll very naturally grow up thinking "oh THIN IS IN, i'm fat oh no i've gotta lose weight" even if they are nowhere near fat. It's sad but true - that's the power of the media on us. that said, i think that every girl should be comfortable with their body. When you have confidence, it shows and that is beauty in itself. Check out those Caucasians who aren't exactly what you consider slim in their mini skirts and teeny camisoles. They aren't afraid of ridicule, they don't give a fish what you think about them, they BELIEVE they are beautiful. We Asian girls seriously should learn a thing or two from our Caucasian counterparts when it comes to self-confidence and acceptance.

Guest rycekrispies1212

There are many Korean girls who aren't teeny tiny... Maybe it's just the Koreans that you're around...

• 1 year later...
Guest mrs.sierna

in general, it's their lifestyle. even though they, like... sort of excericise.. [not really]

they didn't really grow up with hamburgers and stuff.

plus, i think most of them have small bones and bone structure. so they might have the same amount of fat as you, [or more] but still look smaller.

- not saying you're fat. just for reference.

plus, in korea.. they seriously WALK everywhere and take the bus and stuff.

+ HAHA YOUR SIGGY IS SO CUTE.

Guest loveletters4U

I always wondered why some actresses that are pretty tall could weigh like 100 and not look anorexic. The thing is most asian girls have no muscle tone and muscle weighs more, so I guess they are skinny but mostly made up of fat.

Archived