How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

Guest ~>flytothestar<~

my friend thinks asian have poor nutrient <_<:lol: and my other friend never seen a fat asian before!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

I think they are skinny because of their lifestyle. Like my friends and I when we was in Vietnam. Leaving our house @ 6:00 AM study in school until 12:00 PM, have lunch then study until 4:00PM. After that we have to tutoring out of school, usually from 5:30 PM to 10:00PM. Going home, do homework and online until 1:00 or 2:00AM.

Stress+worrying so much about how to get good grade---> skinny lol

That's why my parents always forced me to eat more. My friend lost 20lbs-30lbs because of the exam to get in the University she wants.

Guest christina

Girls in Korea are skinny because they have to walk everywhere and also alot of societal pressure to be thin. If your slightly overweight like you are in America, the clothes there will NOT fit you. Plus, the food is definitley less fattening. When I went to Korea, I felt so fat because everyone there was very very thin and my relatives kept on telling me I needed to lose weight. Also, if your ove 110 ibs no matter how tall you are, you;re considered overweight in Korea. As for Korean Americans, most of them that I know are pretty thin and a few are fat. But I think they are mostly thin because parents put alot of pressure on them to lose weight if they're chubby and they dont really eat much. Oh, and we may appear a bit thinner because asians are generally more small boned than other ethnic groups.

Guest missavvy

wowiee..

my family is much different, lots of pressure to be chubby rather than skinny.

in vietnam, there wasnt much food for them, so when they came to canada it was like, EAT EAT EAT..

and now all my family is larger than they use to be.. when they were skinny in vietnam

Guest swtlilazn

omg...thats the same with taiwanese celebs...gosh i'd luv to be that skinny..ahaha, im pretty average, (typical aussie asian) my mum rekons it has sumthing to do with the environment and diet... she thinks meat is the reason why people in western countries are generally larger then ppl in asian countries. hahah...my cousins in malaysia are petite...they eat lots of laksa XD haahha

Guest Bo Ryeong
:D well my sis used to work in a korean restaurant n she told me dat some korean food is not fattening...especially de glass noddle...is really not fattening plus they come in a big portion so after eating dat big portion of noddle i dun think u will feel like eating anything else...

Guest RococoBaby

Welllll... i see where the stereotype comes from, but I mean its most likely because most Koreans study so much, korean food has less fat+sugar+calories than american food, and walking is their main way of transportation haha

Plus the Korean culture in general is stricter about weight =/

Guest pokeymochi

ah whenever i go back to Taiwan i feel so fat because all the girls there are much more skinnier than i am. I think it has to do with them walking daily where back here in CA we depend on cars to get anywhere

Guest baboisjjang

when korean girls go after girly looking men. their children grow more and more girly by genetics.

Guest love990024501

I know I'm not skinny... same with my sis. But main reason why Korean girls are skinny is cuz they eat healthy foods and they constantly stress about how much they weigh. I know when I used to live in Korea, I was like super skinny but when I came to Canada, I got fatter and fatter. T.T

Guest GreenTeaMochi

Well, sports maybe? I think swimming helps keep me in shape, though I'm still skinny after I stopped swimming. Taiwanese food isn't so fattening either, cause that's what I eat all the time. Yet, I'm only 5'2 and 94 pounds. ;/

Guest .:precious:.

yea all those things can contribute to it but honestly some of them are bone thin...un naturtal I think they are pressured to be skinny. prob anorexic >___>... some of them have bones sticking out everywhere lmao so nasty...

Guest J3nn1f3r <3

I don't know. But I talked to some of my Korean friends when we were in the school locker rooms a while ago, and they said their parents would throw them out if they were fat (not just fat, OBESE)...

Then again, they probably wouldn't actually do that, but probably something harsh.

My Taiwanese parents aren't like that though...

But muscle does weigh more than fat. It's density you're measuring, right?

Think of a piece of meat with a lot of fat on it. Isn't that fat a lot lighter (weight) than the actual meat part?

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I think it depends on where they are, because most of my korean friends weigh a lot more than I do, but they all said that they've gained at least 10 pounds since leaving Korea.

Guest Orange boogaloo

Lots of different reasons. Highschool kids (especially seniors) spend a lot of their time studying (pretty much all day everyday) so stress is one reason. Plus, in Korea most people walk more than they use cars and stuff so that really contributes a lot.

Guest stellabella

It's because asians (koreans in particular) worry more about their appearance than americans do. It's true.

Most of them starve themselves. Some never have time to eat (high school students spend most of their life in school or at cram school studying). Others are just lucky as hell and eat whatever they want and never gain weight (in which case it's no different from the select few of those types of girls that we have in america as well).

I'm korean and I am certainly not thin. I'm not heavy either. I'm about 5'3 50 kgs. Pretty average.

Most of my weight is muscle though, not fat. My life is sports so it's not easy keeping my weight down.

Guest cbxjenn

not really korea but still the same topic-ish right? x]

well... right now in HK, almost all the teen girls i see are underweight and pale as heck. im 5'1, around 105-110? and im considered fat fat fat. my cousin is around 5'3 and 104.. and they call her fat too.

i know im not the slimmest but dang.. such a self esteem downer.

but i do think its the life style, food, and pressure. ever since i arrived here in hk, ive been going to the bathroom everyday (today 4 times O_O) and i guess it clears my body and skin. ive been walking a lot whenever i go out too. .......but man. people here eat a lot though. my cousin eats more than me but yet im "fatter."

Guest iDoof

Well, now that i think about it...why would muscle weigh more than fat? I mean...like...a pound of muscle is a pound of fat right? (Kind of like that riddle with the feathers and anvils or whatever)

But still. Stilllll conFOUNDED.

don't know if this was covered already (I don't read all the posts)

you're right 1 pound of muscle = 1 pound of fat...but it takes more fat to make a pound than muscle because fat is lighter. So when you gain 1 pound of fat, you look a lot bigger than someone who gained one pound of muscle.

In answer to your topic question, I am a guy and I am desperately trying to gain weight. The only method that seems to work is to NOT eat home-cooked delicious Korean meals all the time. So in answer to your question, I'd say it's the Korean food that makes them skinny.....and most likely the stress of living under Asian parents.

Guest 4ever_sweet

YES...K-Girls are skinny.....at least, a lot of them. Even when they ARE skinny...many of them don't THINK they're skinny. Odd?? Just how girls are I guess.

Anyways, one of my friends who is a korean guy always told me that he didn't like korean girls because they were so skinny. (i'm not korean) More, he always complimented me by the way i look, dress, etc. I'm not skinny...i think i'm considered FAT compared to everyone here since i'm only 5'4" and i'm 130 lbs! But...he said, he liked a girl who would be my size.

Guest t0kki

My bones aren't as slim as my friends so I think that contributes to a bigger weight -.-;;

A large majority of the skinny Asian girls that I've seen at school and on the streets look very "willowy" because they have small frames without having a skeletal look to them but yea, they have no boobs or butt lol :x

Archived