How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aigoo

Yes. Oh man. Girls in Korean have no muscle at all...I don't know about Japan or China or Vietnam or anywhere else, but all the yuhjahdeul are all play-y hitty their boyfriends, kind of that "어ㅓㅓㅓㅓㅓ~ 오빠ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ~" kind of thing. They all kind of strike me as helpless... <_<

Guest Juli~<3

I think asian food is healthy.

western food is the fattening one.

generally it can be healthy but, considering how much oil is used and all, it depends really but compared to western food, it is healthy because theres a lot less junk

Guest Brouhaha

Not ALL korean girls are skinny.

There are a lot of overweight, medium weight, regular weight.....etc. girls around where I live. Maybe it's because I live in the chicago area, but the koreans over here are not so little.

Guest v1rgi3

why only korea??? have you guys seen the ppl in hk??? omg... chopsticks...

maybe it's b/c i've never been to korea. and some of the hottest korea stars, like sgh and yeh are average so i never thought the kroean girls are sooo tiny...

but b/c i watch hk tv. and all girls are anorexic looking... even of less than average weight will be made fun of as chubby, and then they are forced to be even skinnier... very scary...

my perfect, ideal figure would have to be jessica alba, richard simmons and richard simmons, but yet toned, and healthy...

Guest Rainie

Asians in general are rarely ever overweight...it can be genetic and also the type of food we eat.

Guest nacj88

where are you from? I'm from sj (second densest pop. for vietnamese). All the vietnamese girls are 5'2" and up. Normally the short ones are the ones from vietnam. So iono, malnourished?

I myself am 5'4"

NO! They are not malnourished and DO nOT come RIGHT from Vietnam- they are all i guess what u call viet-american? just they are just friggin' really short- there's one girl who's like 4ft tall- but she's also skinny also~

Guest t7kim

you start los'in weight at uni, honestly

and its soo true about not eating right == loss of weight

i had jaw-lines during my first year cuz i didnt eat breakfast ^^;;

cuz i was too tired (usually went to sleep at 4am) and never make it to breakfast (my rez was traditional ones)

and also drinking? hehe ^^;;

Guest yellowtutu

A lot of my asian girlfriends are skinny. But then again, they barely eat anything even though they keep saying how much they love food -_-

Also, 'skinny' is all the rage in Korea so everyone's always working out, the people I know anyway.

Guest aymei

I'm not korean, but I'm vietnamese I'm 5'5 and I weigh 95 lbs. Haha. It's hard to gain weight for me because I have a high metabolism, and I also excercise to stay healthy. Plus I also do cheerleading. But I wish I was around 115 lbs. :(

Guest pomeyy.

I don't know. But where I'm from, Koreans range anywhere from skinny to fat. But I know some people who no matter how much they eat, they don't gain any weigh! =.=

Guest la_deese

i think is because asian girl hav smaller bone

like my sis...she looks like average weight

but she only weight 100 pound

n beside...

muscles weight more then fat

Guest sheart

i think lifestyle plays a big part. the summer before i started h.s. i went to japan for a few weeks and after a few days i felt a lot healthier and (i think?) i lost weight. I didnt eat less or anything, its just that the diet changed and public transportation ALL THE TIME. freaking we we walked EVERYWHERE. haha.

Guest yuuka

kimchi is spicy

Spicy foods raise your body temperature

Raising your body temperature increases metabolism

Koreans eat kimchi

Therefore, kimchi plays a role in some part of their toothpicked-ness

*nerd bow*

Guest tuesday

I'm 5'7 and 125, average.

When I went back to Korea, I felt pretty fat. The majority of people there are toothpicks.

I think it mostly has to do with lifestyle.

Guest sonhyangel

walking more often than americans?

and they're often really obsessed with weight...

like i talk to people back in korea, and they always talk about how fat they are, when they aren't .. so they have lots of pressure to stay thin..

exercise, eat right....

Guest sweetz_01

When I went back to HK, my aunt said I was fat =(

I'm 5'7" and 115 lbs

But since in HK, you practically have to walk everywhere, it's hard NOT to loose weight XD After my trip i was 109 lb; too bad I'm back to my normal weight T__T"

Guest astar

well, i'm korean, but raised in a white family. i'd say i'm american average, but korean fat.

i'm 5'3" and weigh about 130...it seriously is basically all muscle. since i was 4 i was training for one sport or another, first gymnastics, then soccer, track and softball.

i have a feeling that if i didn't eat all the unhealthy foods, i'd weigh less.

since i tore my acl, i've been cutting back on my food intake and only eating needed calories and i think i've been losing weight. i can't be certain because my mom doesn't believe in scales.

you shouldn't rely totally on weight as a factor, bmi is better. i say this to the people who are saying "i'm fat i weigh ___ and i'm ___ tall."

otherwise, find your % fat

EDIT: Guess I should have read the 2nd page. I'll just repost the best thing I've read this whole thread.

I say girls, stop looking at the scale. Just pay attention to how your clothes fit. Because what if you ARE muscular? You'll think your fat because of the scale when youre not. If your jeans are getting tighter, maybe excercise a bit. nah mean?

Archived