How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikngfuu

Hmm. I think it was because of what I ate.

Because up to 7th grade, I was pretty skinny. -- 5'4" and 70 pounds.

Now I'm 5'5" ( I GREW!! measured myself last saturday.) and 104 lbs.

But I was MUCH healthier back in 7th grade.

Up to seventh grade, I only ate home-cooked korean meals with no sugar, msg, or grease. But the foods gave me a lot of energy, so I was also physically active. However, as soon as I entered middle school, I starting gorging myself on fatty snacks and sweets, and pretty much ate myself to fat, ending the year at 5'4" and 90 lbs. In 8 months, I had gained an impressive 20 pounds, and had lovehandles, chubby cheeks, slight signs of a double chin, and high blood cholesterol/fat content levels.

Since then, I have cut back on unhealthy "american" foods, and my weight is not growing as exponentially as it was back in 7th grade. But I'm still not skinny, either. =/

Omg, how is it possible to be that skinny and not anorexic/dead? xD I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs.

I would guess asians tend to have lower bone mass and higher metabolism along with their diet sometimes.

Guest babyxshh

im like 5'3 ish

and im like 112

but i think generall koreans don't eat much i mean my aunt is like 5'5 and she wearts pants size two and like 114 pounds.

and shes not like anorexic or anything.

i personally htink its the fast food

Guest wee33

Hmm. I think it was because of what I ate.

Because up to 7th grade, I was pretty skinny. -- 5'4" and 70 pounds.

Now I'm 5'5" ( I GREW!! measured myself last saturday.) and 104 lbs.

But I was MUCH healthier back in 7th grade.

Up to seventh grade, I only ate home-cooked korean meals with no sugar, msg, or grease. But the foods gave me a lot of energy, so I was also physically active. However, as soon as I entered middle school, I starting gorging myself on fatty snacks and sweets, and pretty much ate myself to fat, ending the year at 5'4" and 90 lbs. In 8 months, I had gained an impressive 20 pounds, and had lovehandles, chubby cheeks, slight signs of a double chin, and high blood cholesterol/fat content levels.

Since then, I have cut back on unhealthy "american" foods, and my weight is not growing as exponentially as it was back in 7th grade. But I'm still not skinny, either. =/

why do i get the impression you think you're fat? 5'5" and just over a 100lbs and you're not thin? then what is? interesting. "lovehandles, chubby, this that" lols. you ain't chubby. :D i mean, anyone--i don't care how short you are unless your a 3 ft.--who weighs 70lbs is stick thin. if anything, you should be happy you've gainned weight. you gainned weight because you went through puberty. there's were all that rapid weight came in.

i think asians in general tend to be thinner than other ethnic groups. it could be lifestyle or it could be genetic. i went to hong kong last summer and every girl i saw was underweight. and a lot of celebs in asia are underweight. i think its both influence from the media and lifestlye because as some one said before on this thread, they do eat less junk food than americans. we New Yorkers walk everywhere as well, if not, lots of public transportation but still walking and rushing to work, etc. but we have sooooooo many fast food resturants in NYC. and those snack deli. :lol:

Guest sometimes__*

i really don't know what you're talking about...i've never come across a thin korean girl, they are mostly all chubby or a little overwieght but maybe that's just where i live

Guest o6.91

Korean girls are pretty skinny.. Not just them, but other asians also. Im 5'1, 120 lbs-- Not skinny. How do they do it?

From what I see, most of them eat alot.. Yet they can keep their figure.

Guest MaryMagdalin

why only koreans?

you calling all other asians fat? lol

i went to taiwan and everyone looked like toothpicks.

i think its their diet.

It could just be their bone mass that's throwing it off. Most Asian girls have pretty small/slender bone structure, which is why standard BMI charts don't apply to them.

If the girl has little muscle, it could also make her much lighter than a girl who appears to be the similar in build but has more muscle as muscle weighs more than fat.

Guest System1430291513

not sure..but i know if i seem to have gained weight,

my mom quickly points it out to me. and then she tells me

to exercise and eat healthier until i lose all the gained pounds.

Guest Batgirl

Well, now that i think about it...why would muscle weigh more than fat? I mean...like...a pound of muscle is a pound of fat right? (Kind of like that riddle with the feathers and anvils or whatever)

But still. Stilllll conFOUNDED.

i believe its "what weighs more, 100 pounds of concrete or 100 pounds of feathers?"

Its the mass. You can easily get 100 pounds of concrete in just a medium size block right? But for the feathers since its so light you would need ALOT. Like fill up rooms with it.

Same with muscle and fat. Yea 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat is the same weight but not the same mass. The muscle holds more taught over your body. The fat holds loosely and there is more of it to weigh the same as the muscle.

I say girls, stop looking at the scale. Just pay attention to how your clothes fit. Because what if you ARE muscular? You'll think your fat because of the scale when youre not. If your jeans are getting tighter, maybe excercise a bit. nah mean?

Guest Juli~<3

in general but not always, asian people have a higher metabolism. or its just genetics, survival of the skinniest. -.-`

Guest dutsukyampu

could be a combo of things..i notice korean girls seem to weigh less than korean american girls, so it could be both diet and genetics.

Guest RainFan4ever

I eat like crazy not a lot of fast food though but home meal all the times.....Eat lunch and dinner and then after dinner i eat again..and don't really excercise much im like 5 3 or 4 but weight only 96 lbs..i look so small but at least my bone aren't hanging out and i have a lot energy laughin' and running around and smaller bone mass too!

Guest nacj88

all the azn grls in my skool are tiny - i dunno y but all the vietnamese girls ARE SUPERRRR SMALL- like THEY'RE ALL LITERALLLLY midgets( not to be rude) but they're like 4 ft somethin"! i dunno-maybe its just the viet girls here-but anywayz- alot of korean girls here are kinda "normal" some are reallllly skinny- some are just normal- but i just wish everyone could get over the stereotype of it- my friend just the other day was takin' about everythin' about me was tiny except my rib cage...she said "i dunno y u have a bigger rib cage than me- i mean- ur azn!" I FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN ANGRY! I HATE IT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Guest super_gaemi

possibly the height...

and the lack of breasts and the behinds

-how asians tend to NOT EAT on their diets

....thats all i knoe

.....the weird thing is...asian foods are soo fattening and yet asians are not that fat..(except me... :tears: ) :ph34r:

Guest Batgirl

all the azn grls in my skool are tiny - i dunno y but all the vietnamese girls ARE SUPERRRR SMALL- like THEY'RE ALL LITERALLLLY midgets( not to be rude) but they're like 4 ft somethin"! i dunno-maybe its just the viet girls here-but anywayz- alot of korean girls here are kinda "normal" some are reallllly skinny- some are just normal- but i just wish everyone could get over the stereotype of it- my friend just the other day was takin' about everythin' about me was tiny except my rib cage...she said "i dunno y u have a bigger rib cage than me- i mean- ur azn!" I FELT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN ANGRY! I HATE IT! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

where are you from? I'm from sj (second densest pop. for vietnamese). All the vietnamese girls are 5'2" and up. Normally the short ones are the ones from vietnam. So iono, malnourished?

I myself am 5'4"

Guest duckfry

I recently went back to Korea last summer...and honestly, the majority of Korean girls are skinny because the don't eat! My cousin who I think is 5'7" weighed less than I do, but she still thought she was fat. So she'd eat a cucumber for lunch.

I, am 5'2", and weight about 125-130 lbs ( I don't own a scale so I really don't know). In Korea, I think I was the only girl with any muscle. They're all spaghetti noodles. Even if they're the same general size and shape as I am/was, the fact that I have some muscle leads to the fact that I weigh 10-20lbs more than them. It's sorta insane.

My Vietnamese friend is the same height as I am, but she has a super fast metabolism and almost no fat. She weighs 95 lbs? And looks uber unbelieveably skinny, but that's because what she has is all muscle. Take your average Korean girl living in Korea, with the same height and mass, but take away the muscle....and you get something else: softy and plushy skinny...

So yeah, wanna be the skinny asian girl? Just don't eat. And don't even think of exercising. Which all in all, is incredibly unhealthy for you.

So, I think to repeat someone else...eat healthy and exercise....and forget the scale.

Guest dankyung

I DEFY that... im super short 5'1-3 and i weigh 125 T.T i WISH i was like down there T.T

-sophia

Archived