Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest aigoo

How do Korean girls weigh so little???

Guest aigoo

Not just Korean actresses...but just regular girls
:blink:

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but comprehending Asian weight and height ratio is BEYOND me.

I'm msure this has been asked loads of times, but how are you girls so...teeny tiny? I mean...I'm not very large, but I'm 5'6", and I can't even IMAGINE weighing UNDER 100. I mean...where does it all come from?! (or lack thereof...)

Well, I'm kind of lean...does muscle HONESTLY weigh that much more than fat?

Guest banana milk =)

HAHA, i LOVE your sig. it cracks me up.. i love explosm :)

but anyways, yeah, it's beyond me too. i'm a korean girl but i think i'm pretty "average" for my height.. 115 at 5'4''. i always feel bigger than my friends tho, cos they're freakin twigs.

Guest aigoo

Well, now that i think about it...why would muscle weigh more than fat? I mean...like...a pound of muscle is a pound of fat right? (Kind of like that riddle with the feathers and anvils or whatever)

But still. Stilllll conFOUNDED.

Guest chriquen

i think in general asian girls are shorter than average, and thus tend to way less. other factors? i'm sure having the typical hardass asian parents has something to do with it. even though i was never "fat" i managed to gain some weight and my parents were fast to point it out. as far as weight goes, i think asian girls tend to be less athletic than their other ethnic counterparts, and muscle weighs less than fat.

edit*haha, someone just corrected me. yes i meant to say muscle weights "more" than fat.. silly me.

Guest aigoo

But that wouldn't make sense. I did both varsity track and swimming....and I DEFINITELY don't weigh less than my Korean peers. And even if they're tall, they're like...teeny little feathers.

Guest dr jung

i think in general asian girls are shorter than average, and thus tend to way less. other factors? i'm sure having the typical hardass asian parents has something to do with it. even though i was never "fat" i managed to gain some weight and my parents were fast to point it out. as far as weight goes, i think asian girls tend to be less athletic than their other ethnic counterparts, and muscle weighs less than fat.

I think it's vice versa- muscle weighs more than fat.. so if you are muscular and have no fat, you are going to weigh more than someone with just fat and no muscle... maybe not.. I don't know..

As for Korean people being skinnier.. not entirely true...

Guest aigoo

As for Korean people being skinnier.. not entirely true...

Sorry, I wasn't quite sure how to phrase my thoughts. I was just looking through the Korean celebrity threads and realized how tall they were, but how...little they weighed. And the weight thread on this forum is unbelievable too.

Guest FirstTheWorst

Ah, curse those Korean Hula hoops. They just kill the cat.

Guest dr jung

Sorry, I wasn't quite sure how to phrase my thoughts. I was just looking through the Korean celebrity threads and realized how tall they were, but how...little they weighed. And the weight thread on this forum is unbelievable too.

That's exactly what I was going to say. They are celebrities who are pressured to look good, aka. skinny and fragile-looking. If you go to Korea, there are more cute chubby girls/women than skinny, 10%-body-fat ones.

As for the weight on Soompi.. you see that people care about their body image, etc.

OR, not calling people liars or anything, but the things posted here may not be 100% accurate.

Guest kendorules

:blink:

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but comprehending Asian weight and height ratio is BEYOND me.

I'm msure this has been asked loads of times, but how are you girls so...teeny tiny? I mean...I'm not very large, but I'm 5'6", and I can't even IMAGINE weighing UNDER 100. I mean...where does it all come from?! (or lack thereof...)

Well, I'm kind of lean...does muscle HONESTLY weigh that much more than fat?

They starve themselves. It's unfortunate, but true.

Guest WitchGoddess

my cousin doesn't excercise at all. Shes still pretty thin though. I have to excercise a lot to stay my weight and we satisfied. Girls are girls and we're all self-conscious, but she always seems to eat more but gain less than me. Maybe lifestyle?

Guest aigoo

It might be metabolism too. But having too fast of a metabolism can be kind of dangerous if you're not careful...

Guest illegalsarang

if you mean people who live in korea, well, by the time you hit high school, you leave the house in the morning for school and you eat lunch at school. then, afterschool, you ride the subway/bus to hagwon (kind of like afterschool study thing, except 99% of korean highschoolers attend). by the time you get home, its around 8:45 ish. so many of them forfeit their dinners, since its so late, to play computer games, talk online, and start their homework.

yah, its just their lifestyle. it may also be because nobody is really obese in korea, so it would be much easier to maintain a light weight if everyone else around you was light. plus, they rarely eat meat. Red meat is at least three times more expensive in korea becuase they don't have enough room to raise cattle in the country.

thats basically why. if you mean korean americans... well, maybe its becuse most korean parents (at least mine) would say "I think you're getting fat. better watch your weight. skip dinner" or something. haha

Guest aigoo

Well, I was borng in Korea and used to live there. And I remember being really thin, until introduced to fast food. Maybe that's the key. :lol:

Guest heineken.

5'6" and under 100 lbs? They probably have no curves at all.. which is kind of.. :crazy:

Guest aigoo

At first I thought they sacrificed their heads, but their bodies look intact in pictures. ^_^

Guest v1rgi3

i think you mean asian ppl in general... especially in hong kong...

the media is a big factor, but also their lifestyle...

they walk everywhere, and they consume less "fast food", if they want quick food on the go, its like curry fishballs, or a bowl of noodles, so a lot less calories consumed..

and seriously.. they walk everywhere or use public transportation...

Guest ilovefashion

^yeah it's asians in general.

Guest mangujowa

Hmm. I think it was because of what I ate.

Because up to 7th grade, I was pretty skinny. -- 5'4" and 70 pounds.

Now I'm 5'5" ( I GREW!! measured myself last saturday.) and 104 lbs.

But I was MUCH healthier back in 7th grade.

Up to seventh grade, I only ate home-cooked korean meals with no sugar, msg, or grease. But the foods gave me a lot of energy, so I was also physically active. However, as soon as I entered middle school, I starting gorging myself on fatty snacks and sweets, and pretty much ate myself to fat, ending the year at 5'4" and 90 lbs. In 8 months, I had gained an impressive 20 pounds, and had lovehandles, chubby cheeks, slight signs of a double chin, and high blood cholesterol/fat content levels.

Since then, I have cut back on unhealthy "american" foods, and my weight is not growing as exponentially as it was back in 7th grade. But I'm still not skinny, either. =/

Guest mango.baby

bone mass.

my friend is nearly 5'7" and she weighs less than i do (i weigh around 101-103), but she eats a lot, plays tennis weekly, and only has around 18-19% body fat, so she's healthy. she just has a really high metabolism.