What Is Your Impression On Someone Who Wears A Wig Daily? (not Because Of Cancer)

Guest jadeooo

Guest jadeooo

would you date someone who wears a wig?

What is your impression on someone who wears a wig? EDIT: ON A DAILY BASIS = dependent on it, NOT FOR COSTUMES OR SEEING WHAT HAIR COLOR SUITS THEM! (not extentions, not a cancer patient, no horrible hair cuts etc)

would you still be attracted to their looks and consider dating them (noninclusive of personality, more first impression)

I mean what if your dating someone who had circle lenses/colored contacts, a full wig, long fake nails etc and your making out and all of a sudden it she/he took it all off O.O she/he'd look like a completely different person! a hairdoo really can change a person's full appearance.

I see some people selling FULL wigs (NOT EXTENTIONS) on soompi & my eyes are like O.O"

I actually considered getting one because I was swayed by how the models look so cute with them on! ^^

But I'm not going to get one. *pats own back* (saving $$)

Personally, I think its err replusive* unless it is necessary to get a wig. For ex, cancer patients, bald spots, horrible hair cuts etc...) it would be sort of uncomfortable for me to see myself date someone with a wig* >.<" SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE, just expressing what I think >_< I am not saying I'm going to deem a wig person to be a freak or judge their personality based on a wig! I might think they have low self esteem or care about beauty alot though.

EDIT: After reading some responses, I began to think wigs are okay :) I just hope the person isn't dependent on wigs forever.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I_play_with_dolls

I'd rather much prefer my date to wear a wig rather than circle lenses and a whole load of eyeliner that it completely reshapes their eyes.

I don't find wigs disgusting, I don't really see how it is. You know, unless it isn't taken care of well and all dirty and what not.

my mom bought one last month for fun... it doesn't look good on her imo and i told her that. however, she likes it for some reason.... i was against buying it cause i thought it would totally look fake... but i'm okay with it now (maybe cause she never wears it)

Guest musicsmylife

doesnt really bother me :) i mean they could have that hairdo with their natural real hair.

i wanna go to a shop full of those awesome looking wigs and try on crap load of wigs to

see which hairstyle suits me :) and then trying to achieve it with my real hair. sigh only a dream </3

Guest zerokawaii

neutral.

i wear wigs as well. (well in anime conventions and in school sometimes)

so its no biggie.

Guest pocketsoul

I think it would be really weird too. It's like, "Hey, I actually have a whole other appearance other than the one I'm sporting now, but you'll figure that out later!"

Guest itsfate0604

I think that wearing a wig occasionally is fine. Like say someone has long hair but wants to have a short hairdo for a day, then she can wear a wig with a short hairstyle and go out with it. I like how you can change your hairstyle without having to drastically cut your hair (for those with long hair). Also, sometimes wigs can help you see if a particular hairstyle fits you or not, instead of taking the chance and have a certain hairstyle look bad on you, you could try it out first with a wig and see how it looks.

Guest deportedkorean

Well...for the people that you've seen wear a wig...how do you know that they don't have a bald spot, are going under chemo, etc?

I dunno, I think it's worse that you think you're better than/judging the people that wear wigs...you don't know their personality...

like this statement:

But I'm not going to get one. *pats own back*

I think wigs are fun...i'd wear one occasionally if not for the fear of it falling off...

Guest jadeooo

Well...for the people that you've seen wear a wig...how do you know that they don't have a bald spot, are going under chemo, etc?

I dunno, I think it's worse that you think you're better than/judging the people that wear wigs...you don't know their personality...

like this statement:

I think wigs are fun...i'd wear one occasionally if not for the fear of it falling off...

^

What is your impression on someone who wears a wig? EDIT: ON A DAILY BASIS, NOT FOR COSTUMES OR SEEING WHAT HAIR COLOR SUITS THEM! (not extentions, not a cancer patient, no horrible bald spots etc)

would you still be attracted to their looks (noninclusive of personality)

Personally, I think its err disgusting unless it is necessary to get a wig. For ex, cancer patients, bald spots, horrible bald cut etc...) it would be sort of uncomfortable or repulsive to me >.<" SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE, just expressing what I think >_< I am not saying I'm going to deem a wig person to be a freak or judge their personality based on a wig! I might think they have low self esteem or care about beauty alot though.

I wouldn't mind wearing it for a cosplay either, I'm talking about daily basis. And if you read my whole post, I never said I was better than people who wear wigs daily o.o"

& the pats own back comment, I was referring to hooray, I like my hair and wont spend $ on fake hair.

Guest HighSkies

As long as it looks natural and they aren't dependant on it then I don't mind. :3 Whatever floats their boat. If they can happily walk around with it off too then its ok however if they suddenly feel very insecure without it then I think something is up.

Guest koiey

I personally think it's fine as long as it's not uber ridiculous..like turquoise. Some people just want to

change their hair length/colour and such without doing damage to their hair.

When I was in school, I made a friend with this girl who wore a platinum blonde wig to school everyday.

She had a really cool style so I thought the wig suited it. She was a new student. Very pretty in the face.

Everyone called her "the girl with the wig". Not to her face of course. After a couple of months she came

to school without her wig. Her hair was short, but it looked awesome. Turns out she was just waiting for

it to grow out a little more.

Guest undyingxstar

^^oh if it looks okay then its cool but i wouldnt want to be known as "the girl with the wig" at school xP

and i think its kinda strange when people wear it normally(like not for halloween or something) since a person can usually tell if its fake or not

besides just show your natural hair(:

haha actually I had a majorly disastrous haircut recently so out of embarrassment, I actually bought a wig :lol: Hence, I don't think it's that big of a deal if someone wears one everyday. It's actually kinda fun! My friends suggested that I wore one to class on mon, wed, and fridays and then left my normal hair on tues/thurs haha.

Guest Daylightful

Yup! I find nothing wrong with wigs! I wear them for costumes and such, but there are nothing bad about people who wear them daily! If that's what they like then go for it! It isn't disgusting or anything of that sort! I mean, why can't you wear a big but you can put on tons of makeup, fake nails, or even contact lenses? If that's their style then whatever rocks their socks in the cereal box.

Guest X u e

I don't find it wrong to wear a wig daily. It's like a quick way to change your hairstyle to fit your mood on that very day, also a life saver when you have those bad hair days ^^b

The fact that some are already curled is convenient for those who hates using tongs on their hair.

I bought myself a wig not too long ago, it looks really weird on me, near the scalp area ^^;;

I couldn't help but have to adjust it every few hours or so~

Those are some of the major turn offs about wigs.

Most of my friends commented that it actually looked like my real hair only dyed dark brown with extensions. Plus the feel of the wig felt like real hair, although it's sytehtic. Before, when I told them that I was getting a wig, they were pretty much grossed out about it, thinking the wig would look weird/tacky on me.

Everyone at my prom must've noticed my drastic hair change, I think they all thought they were extensions xD

Personally I find adding on extensions to my hair a real pain in the neck. They come out easily since my hair is really thin therefore I have to re-clip it on and stuff, plus the extensions I have look really fake ¬¬

It's only not acceptable when one decides to give themself a full on make over so that they look beyond recognition as an end result.

Just wearing the wig alone is absolutely fine, as long as you don't wear those tacky party shiny fake ones.

Archived