Sweet Blue Flowers

Guest chiimin

Guest chiimin

now AIRING! - Episode 5 (July 30, 2009)Have anyone here watched or read the manga yet? image
I'm not the type that always watches yuri animes, but since this one is currently airing
i decided to start watching. it's REALLY CUTE, GUYS!

Sweet Blue Flowers

sweet-blue-flowers-header.jpg

Taken from: Wikipedia
Aoi Hana (青い花, lit. Blue Flower), also known as Sweet Blue Flowers, is a Japanese yuri manga series written and illustrated by Takako Shimura. It began serialization in November 2004 in Ohta Publishing's Manga Erotics F manga magazine. The first bound volume was released in December 2005 in Japan; as of April 2009, four volumes have been released. The story focuses on Fumi Manjōme, a lesbian high school girl, and her close childhood friend Akira Okudaira, who tries to keep her friends happy through difficult times. When Shimura was writing her manga Dōnika Naru Hibi, she became interested in a story between girls, leading her to create Aoi Hana. While she felt that the story focus should be on girls for yuri works, Shimura also wanted to introduce some males since she thought it would add an interesting aspect to the series.

An eleven-episode anime television series produced by J.C.Staff and directed by Kenichi Kasai began airing in Japan on July 2, 2009 on Fuji TV. An Internet radio show to promote the anime began in June 2009 on HiBiKi Radio Station hosted by Ai Takabe and Yūko Gibu, who voice Fumi and Akira in the anime, respectively.

don't read the plot on wikipedia, it's so much more interesting to watch the anime instead!

Volumes: 8 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2577Anime Episodes: 11
114.jpg

aoi-hana-wall-02.jpg

sbf03-00023.jpg

Characters (without spoilerish biography rofl):

Fumi Manjōme 万城目 ふみ
Voiced by: Ai Takabe
Fumi is a first-year student at Matsuoka Girl's High School, and is a tall, shy girl known to be a crybaby.
Fumi comes back to the town she grew up in and she meets, without realizing it, her childhood friend Akira Okudaira.

Akira Okudaira 奥平 あきら
Voiced by: Yūko Gibu
Akira is an innocent and cheerful girl in her first-year at Fujigaya Girls Academy.
She was the childhood friend of Fumi and after meeting her again after ten years is friends again

Yasuko Sugimoto 杉本 恭己
Voiced by: Chiemi Ishimatsu
Yasuko is a popular third-year senior at Matsuoka Girl's High School.
She is a cool upperclassman and the captain of the basketball team.

Kyōko Ikumi 井汲 京子
Voiced by: Yui Horie
Kyōko is a reckless girl who has eyes only for Yasuko.
She is in the same class as Akira and is a member of the drama club.

There are many others! Fumi's friends are really funny, but i only listed the ones this series is more foccused on.

Episodes (be up to date with aoi hana!):

01 Flower Story (花物語) [July 2, 2009]
02 Spring Storm (春の嵐) [July 9, 2009]
03 When I Wake Up in the Morning (朝目覚めては) [July 16, 2009]
04 Adolescence is Beautiful(青春は美わし) [July 23, 2009]
05 Wuthering Heights (part 1)(嵐が丘 (前編) [July 30, 2009]
06 Wuthering Heights (part 2) (嵐が丘 (後編) [August 6, 2009]

[more episodes to be added]

I hope there's not another thread for aoi hana. i didn't see any. image

Archived