Are You A Highly Sensitive Person (hsp)?

Guest chocopie

Guest vulgar812

I guess I can be overly emotional. I get teary-eyed over the dumbest things - criticism, threats, those lame/sappy love stories - you name it. I can cry on command.

People can't tell by just looking at me. I try to control my feelings by putting on an emotionless mask. I appear to be cold and distant on the outside. I am blunt and insensitive to other people.

Guest joie.de.vivre

I'm a sensitive person...but not as unhealthily now as before.

I had and still have an unusually high degree of empathy, though, which is good [compassion and all that] but also a liability at times [too bogged down in other people's issues]

I'm sensitive to things like criticism, put downs, etc. more than people think I am.

I don't cry or anything because I hate appearing weak in front of others...

but I do take it to heart & think about what they said to/about me.

I used to be a sensitive child... used to be sad at every insult said to me. Plus.. I would cry when it wasn't my birthday and someone elses. On top of that, I would cry when I couldn't get a mcdonalds happy meal :( lol. But around elementary I got over it and realized that things can't always be the way I want it. Now... I don't really cry at all... when someone makes a REALLY hurtful comment I just lock it up inside and let it fade away.

Guest rachii-ee

I'm quite sensitive ><

I start to cry really badly when someone nags me or yells at me,

or I become really sad if I heard someone say something bad about me ><

Guest FlYiNG HiGHx3

When I was younger I was able to take jokes about being fat because I was a chubby kid in elementry school but then I moved to Hong Kong and gained even more weight during Middle School and that's when the jokes began to hurt, and I cared about my image so much because like most of you guys know, most chinese people are really skinny and I wasn't. I was really dark, tall for my age, and was really over weight. Even my parents called me fat, and all my cousins and aunts would tell me I was fat. Partially since all my cousins are ethier models, or really pretty and skinny and I was just the one who didn't fit in at all. That got me to the point that I was obsessed about how fat I was and during one summer I lost 40 - 50 pounds by not eating, and my skin was bad as well, I transferred to a different school with a different name, and when I showed up at my old school everyone was suprised, and asked if that was me. Guys started noticing me, I started dressing better, and looking better. My friends in my new school were nice to me, and didn't care if I had too many dots on my face, or was fat. But even to now I'm still sensitive when people call me fat as a joke even though I'm not that fat anymore, and I take ages to go out. I've moved to a new school now as well in England and I've gotten good comments of being pretty or hot which boosted my self-confidence a bit. That was a good thing for me. But I still am sensitive, and try to loose weight all the time.

Guest mentalfiction

Well I used to be overly sensitive, but now the sensitive-ness (?) just gets replaced by anger.

Before if people made fun of me I'd start crying, but I was pretty insane kid (lol) so after some time I'd just go all-out crazy and beat them up or swear at them and stuff lol.

But as I started getting older I started becoming more sensitive. Every little thing was like fork in the heart but I usually never cried in public.

It was when I was in the 8th grade that my friends would go crazy with hurtful insults and I felt so scarred, and I just coudln't take it. So in the 9th grade, I figured I had had it. I started becoming mean and stuff, I'm still reallyyy nice, but I'm only mean when someone's saying something about me or stuff. And I kind of bullied some of my friends (the ones who said all the crap about me the year before). I don't regret a second of bullying them, i think they totally deserved it.

I've even stopped crying. The hardest I've cried in the past 2 years has been like a few tears at most, no sobbing/bawling etc etc. So yeah, once you feel like you're fed up, you'd eventually learn to become stronger.

Archived