--job Interview--

Guest tokki

Guest UnknownMelody

#1!

number three looks too stern, while number two looks like they aren't serious type of outfit.

Guest telethrow

I dont like to wear skirts cuz it's subjective on what is too short to different people. It also depends on what kind of job u are interviewing for.

Guest Angel1430267648

The second one because although darker colors are more professional, it looks way too boring and miserable looking. Brighter colors make you appear a brighter person and that's good for a interview. You want to walk in looking in positive energy! It's also trendy looking yet remaining in a professional image. I don't even know why everyone is always thinking the darker the better, in my opinion it makes you look like you're going to a funeral. For god sakes, the world is changing. Also the purpose of dressing up to a job interview is to look "presentable", just because you wear lighter and more colorful colors doesn't make you any less conservative than others. You can wear leopard print and still pull that off, as long as you know how to mix and match, your clothes will blend in looking just fine without atracting too much attention. Because don't forget, even dark solid colors can make you look like abit sluggish.

Guest tetteke

I think you should combine dress pants like in the third one with the shirt in the first pic, that looks pretty professional and cute without being too revealing.

Guest gibberish04

i think the first outfit looks the best, although i agree that it's safer to wear pants, for me anyway. i think that if you were to wear a skirt, you should wear tights with it.

in terms of color, i think darker colors are a safer bet than brighter ones. it just gives off a more professional vibe. you don't necessarily need to wear a one colored blue dress shirt and black slacks. experiment with patterns, such as herringbone and tweed for pants, and different prints for tops. just make sure they don't clash with each other. i think once you land the job, you can experiment more with color, but make sure to note how other employees are dressed in the office; that should give you a guideline. if you don't have a suit, try to get a nice blazer at least, preferably in a dark color. sometimes black is too harsh for daytime, which is why i suggest gray, but i think navy and brown would be nice too. wearing a blazer would make you look very put together, even if it's not part of an entire suit.

keep your accessories to minimal, such as a stud in each ear or a small necklace. closed toe shoes are best, although i think that since your outfit might be a little more demure, don't be afraid to have a pop of color in your shoes (such as a deep red or purple or blue).

all in all, be comfortable in your clothes since you are putting your best foot forward for this job. and lastly, be confident, positive and smile!!!

good luck!!!

Guest tokki

Thanks again for more responses and for the good luck! :)

I'm still unsure, but I've narrowed down a couple shirts. I have a simple baby blue pin striped collar shirt, a top like pic #1 but in a Tiffany's color (thinking it's too bright?), and a gray cardigan thing ..which I can't really explain. I'll probably just wear black dress pants... Maybe I'll take a pic this weekend if I can and get feedback. I mean it's for like a part-time assistant job (I think targeted for college students) so I feel like a suit or something that formal isn't necessary... I hope lol.

Archived