[JAPAN DRAMA 2009~2011] JIN

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Out of the topic but I really like Osawa Takao. Jin is my first Osawa Takao drama so I'm watching some of his works. I really cried with Life - Tengoku de Kimi ni Aetara - movie which is based on the true story of professional wind surfer who got liver cancer. (which took too long to download) Too bad the movie doesn't have subs but nevertheless I kinda understood the story. I'll probably check out Goemon and Ichi next.

There's subs out for Tengoku de Kimi ni Aetara.

http://www.dlaznmovies.com/search?q=osawa+takao

If you like romance story, Christmas on July 24th Avenue is good. Sky High is a pretty interesting movie. He plays the bad guy.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest garnet_moon

^ Actually I just lately saw that site after I watched the movie. Anyway, I 90% understood the movie so I guess I don't really need the subs that much. I have already watched Christmas on July 24th Avenue (haha I was joking to my friend that it is the movie where Jin and Miki met and become lovers XD). My friend recommended me to watch Metro ni notte so I'm going to watch that first XD (And I just saw that Tsutsumi Shinichi is on the cast list which adds some conviction to watch it)

I've never seen Osawa Takao in a production before. He has acted in many high profile movies but somehow, I've never had the chance to catch them. He's one of the breed of actors who has aged well and has a commanding screen presence. I can't think of any of the younger generation of actors who measure up.

Yeah he really aged well as I'm seeing the pictures from his older movies. I have watched SekaChuu but I really don't remember him there.

Edit: In the trailer, Jin is framed for murder because of people who feel threatened by him.

I'm seeing this to happen that somehow some people will hate him because of his out of this world techniques (well thinking at that time, his techniques are out of this world)

Since the manga is not yet finished in Japan, we can expect a season 2 or SPs for JIN in which I don't really mind. JIN's ratings is fairly high and consistent, so I guess TBS won't give a second thought to give JIN a sequel. And dramas with sequels are pretty a trend now in Jdramas

Guest Jaylee.x3

anyone know what happened in the short (very short) scene of ep.4 where Jin is saving that boss and saki's brother (Koide Keisuke as Tachibana Kyotaro ) went wondering outside, then he was talking to this girl behind the wooden bars asking her something like "Is there something wrong with me?" i thought that part was really random and i didn't understand it.

Guest Matahari_Biru

Jin thinks that he went back in time to perhaps change his destiny with Miki. If he advances medicine in the Edo era, medicine of the future may progress further.

He succeeded in producing penicillin but the quantity is limited because it is hard to cultivate. In the process of doing this, there are people in the medical institute who resent him for overtaking the institute and this will definitely become an issue to get rid of him soon I think.

The penicillin took effect but was not enough to save Yugiri. She died although her looks were somewhat restored. Nokaze was devastated but prepared for her death. The boss said she'd been looking for a cure for 3 years.

This episode also shows how Jin and Miki got together. And the photo changes again.

Edit: In the trailer, Jin is framed for murder because of people who feel threatened by him.

Hi Jade Frost, thanks for the spoiler... Now, i really can't wait for the link of ep 5 to appear.

I also cried in that movie where Osawa act as a wind surfer. I think Osawa has made me cried a lot of times cos he appeared in lots of movies where at the end he died... Midnight eagle, Metro ni notte, Ichi. But I still love him because those movies are beautiful. ;)

^ Actually I just lately saw that site after I watched the movie. Anyway, I 90% understood the movie so I guess I don't really need the subs that much. I have already watched Christmas on July 24th Avenue (haha I was joking to my friend that it is the movie where Jin and Miki met and become lovers XD). My friend recommended me to watch Metro ni notte so I'm going to watch that first XD (And I just saw that Tsutsumi Shinichi is on the cast list which adds some conviction to watch it)

Don't expect much from metro ni notte. The story was a bit disturbing and some things don't make sense. Okay a lot of things don't make sense. If you don't try to make sense of it, the movie okay.

Does anyone have the lyric translation for "aitakute ima" by misa?

Guest garnet_moon

^ Hehe I always don't have expectations while watching Japanese movies.

Anyway, good news for JIN's fans.

JIN episode 5 rating - 20.3%!!!!!!

Wow you rarely get a Jdrama nowadays with 20% ratings (Actually I usually don't care for ratings but I'm happy JIN is getting what it deserves). The raw is already out on D-addicts.

It's not uncommon to have dramas over 20% Most of Kimura's dramas are over 20%. But I'm glad Jin's ratings are going up. Hopefully it will go up higher to average over 20%. The first few eps were 16% and 17%. Let's hope it runs for a season 2 with the same speed and interesting script. Usually season 2 gets changed and it starts to suck like iryu 2.

Guest garnet_moon

^ I guess that proves to my post that I usually care about ratings XD I don't know much about the ratings trends. I just watch what I feel to watch even if it doesn't have high ratings.

Yeah Iryu 2 was quite a disappointment. It failed to bring back the magic of the first season.

anyone know what happened in the short (very short) scene of ep.4 where Jin is saving that boss and saki's brother (Koide Keisuke as Tachibana Kyotaro ) went wondering outside, then he was talking to this girl behind the wooden bars asking her something like "Is there something wrong with me?" i thought that part was really random and i didn't understand it.

I'm not sure but based on that scene it appeared that the girl is quite afraid to be picked up by a man. He's in the red light district so as to expect, he would pick a girl but instead he just asked: "Is there something wrong with me?".

I think that interaction will start as a new subplot for JIN.

I started watching this drama b/c I'm a big fan of Osawa Takao, really REALLY happy to see how good it is! This story handles time traveling and all the dilemmas it presents better than pretty much any other I've seen. Can you change the past? Should you? What happens to your present if you do? Plus there are lots of other mysteries (aside from the obvious one of why and how did Jin travel back in time?) Does anyone have any theories on what the embryo is supposed to represent?

Guest butterball

I watched the first episode last night and it was really good! I was hesitant at first but I am glad I gave this show a try. It’s so different and has the quality that just draws you in. And yes, it reminds me of the Butterfly effect in a way...

I am catching up with the rest now. Is the show going to be 10-ep long?

Guest Matahari_Biru

Yeay! 11 ep! Thanks for the info Seirin. i download the ep 5 again. Somehow the small file i dl from aja-aja can't be played. I can't wait to watch it over lunch today.

Guest Jaylee.x3

Just finished ep.5 I really liked how it ended :)

can't wait for ep.6 the preview gets me hoping that Jin will preform something amazing like he always does.

i'm quite curious about saki's brother and the 'squinting eye' woman xD

Guest garnet_moon

Just finished episode 5. I love the last few scenes T_____T So touching

Ayase Haruka is good as a supporting character in JIN. I really can't wait for episode 6 now that there's a nice turn of event from episode 5.

Based on episode 5, I'm thinking that in the future, instead of Miki's being in the vegetative state, it was actually Jin that's in the vegetative state. I'm not sure of that but it's just a guess. I love how Jin is making me think of different stuff XD

Guest 1.minute.1.second

does anyone know where i can read the manga Jin with the eng translations? T__T i really desperately want to read it T___T

Guest jade_frost

I realised I made a typo the last time and said that Jin is framed for murder. But the scalpel shown is actually Saburi's ... so Saburi is framed for murder to bring the school down ... as for Jin, I'm sure there are plans to get rid of him. I don't know if it's going to be through vicious rumours or attempted assassination. Whatever it is, he will eventually have his own clinic at the Tachibana residence. That will probably happen in the next one or two episodes.

Guest Matahari_Biru

oh the story is going to more tense... i can't wait to find the link for ep6 and watch it.... agian thanks jade frost for the spoiler

Archived