Lee Se Young 이세영

Guest PancakeMuffins91

Guest PancakeMuffins91

~ from child star to teen actress (Jewel in the Palace, Elephant)Lee Se Young
Credit: MBC

Name: 이세영 / Lee Se Young (Lee Sae Young)
Birthdate: 20 - December 1992
Blood Type: O
Height: 163 cm
Hobby: reading

Dramas
The Crowned Clown (tvN / 2019) - Queen Yoo So-Woon
A Korean Odyssey (tvN / 2017-2018) - Bong-Soon
The Best Hit  (KBS2 / 2017) - Choi Woo-Seung
The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop (KBS2 / 2016) - Min Hyo-Won
Vampire Detective (OCN / 2016) - Han Gyeo-Wool
Plus Nine Boys (tvN / 2014) - Sun-A (cameo)
Lovers of Music (KBS2 / 2014) - Park Soo-In
Drama Special Series: Puberty Medley (KBS2 / 2013) - Yang A-Young
Goddess of Marriage (SBS / 2013) - No Min-Jung (Ji-Sun's daughter)
I Miss You  (MBC / 2012-2013) - Han Ah-Reum
King's Dream (KBS / 2012-2013) - Chun Gwan-Nyeo
Bachelor's Vegetable Store (Channel A / 2011-2012) - Han Tae-In
Elephant (MBC / 2008)
High Kick! (MBC / 2006-2007) - Se-Young
Single Again - (SBS / 2005)
Beijing My Love - (KBS2 / 2004)
Land of Wine - (SBS / 2003)
Country Princess - (MBC / 2003)
A Jewel in the Palace  (MBC / 2003)
My Love Patzzi - (MBC / 2002)

Films
Duck Town (2018) - Hee-Jung
Hot Young Bloods (2014) - So-Hee
Horror Stories II  (2013) - Se-Young (segment "Beginning")
Grape Candy (2012) - female bank customer
The Wonder Years (2007) - Soo-A
All For Love  (2005) - actress Jasmine (cameo)
When I Turned Nine (2004)
Lovely Rivals (2004) - Ko Mi-Nam
Dance with Solitude (2004)

Awards
2017 53rd Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New Actress in Television (Laurel Tree Tailors)
2016 KBS Drama Awards: Newcomer Actress Award (Laurel Tree Tailors)
2016 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Hyun Woo (Laurel Tree Tailors)
2005 KBS Drama Awards: Child Actress Award (Beijing My Love)
2004 12th Chunsa Film Festival Awards: Child Actress Award

MVs
S.E.S's "S.Ⅱ.S" MV (2002)
Black's "Dear Heart, Stop" MV (2008)
Boyfriend's "Don't Touch My Girl" MV (2011)
Jung Dong Ha's "If I" MV (2014)
Lee Seung Hwan's "I Feel On You" (feat. Lee So Eun) MV (2014)

Guest FlowerofWisdom

it's that lucky girl that Minho kissed! lol

I knew she looked familiar! She was the younger version of the evil lady in Dae Jang Geum, she's a pretty good actress...I think she'll be the next Moon Geun Young.

She's really pretty.

Do you have any more photos of her?

Guest PancakeMuffins91

@FlowerofWisdom, here are some more photos of her :)

screen11.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Credit: Naver, newsen, as tagged

Photos from when she was Younger

kid01.jpg

young04.jpg

norm01.jpg

01.jpg

Credit: naver, as tagged

Guest MissDoeEyes

Soompi_Christmas_2023.gif?ex=6575a966&is

What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Snowflakes or Ice-crispies. :D

Soompi_X-Mas_Cards_2023_3.jpg?ex=6575c21

ORIGINAL POST:

---------------------------------------------

She kind of looks like Park Shin Hye a little and in some photos she resembles Dara from 2ne1...she's cute :)

Edited by partyon
Borrowed post for Soompi Winter Showdown 2023

Guest HanatheBrownEyedGirl

Back when the Nana B cf came out I was sooooooo jealous of her lol

She got to hold Taemin's hand AND was kissed by Minho, she's so lucky!

I saw her in Elephant and she was pretty good in that (but too bad she didn't end up with Baek SungHyun's character).

And she's grown up so much since Dae Jang Geum and My Love Patzzi, she looks basically the same, really pretty.

Guest PancakeMuffins91

gifs (from the infamous Nana B cf lol)

minsae01.gif

minsae02.gif

minsae03.gif

minsae04.gif

minsae05.gif

Credit: wallflower@soompi

Source: SHINee soompi thread

Guest HanaHangul

She's really pretty and a natural beauty (which is really rare these days) :)

I totally rofl-ed at the photo of her with the tissues in her nose!

I wonder when her next project will be?

Guest PancakeMuffins91

More Photos:

02.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

01-1.jpg

Credit: Newsen + Nate + as tagged

I don't think she has any upcoming projects :/

Guest FlowerofWisdom

She kind of looks like Dara from 2ne1 at certain angles.

I loved her acting, she's one of the VERY few talented K-actresses, she has a very wide range of emotions which is spectacular for someone her age.

01-4.jpg

Credit: K Bites

Guest MissDoeEyes

She does kind of look like Dara, and then at the same time she kind of doesn't lol idk what I'm saying.

They're both pretty though.

Guest HanaHangul

Hmmmm...they're both gorgeous but I don't see that much of a similarity between them.

I prefer Lee Sae Young because she's more of the pure, pretty girl next door while Dara is cute and dorky.

Anyways here are some more photos of Lee Se Yeong, she kind of looks like BoA

02.jpg

Credit: K-Bites

Guest MissDoeEyes

^^ those photos are so tiny but thanks for sharing :)

I found an old article about her...

Lee Sae-young Talks about the Turbulence of Being 13

Lee Sae-young is young but already an accomplished actress who first made her mark in the movie industry when she starred in Nine-year-old Life. She is finally back with her latest movie, Thirteen-year-old Soo-a where she plays the young girl who must go through unimaginable hardships at the mere age of 13. She gives us a quick look at the plot of the movie, as well as answering questions about her own tribulations that she faces as a young actress. After the interview with Lee Sae-Young, it was clear that she is extremely talented and passionate about her job. It is exciting to see this young actress grow as an entertainer and person. We expect great things from her!

TTT: Hi, Sae-young! You are growing up to be a beautiful young woman! Could you tell us about some of your experiences as a young aspiring actress? Your life must be very different from the average day an ordinary girl your age experiences.

Lee: Well, I remember there were times when I was just beginning middle school where the kids in my class thought that I was very different. It could be that they were jealous that I was becoming an actress. But I tried very hard to keep my friendships and now that I am in my third year of middle school, we have all become close again.

TTT: That's good to hear. Maintaining your friendships must have been challenging as you pursued your career, and it is great that you overcame that. So what are some other worries that you have as a young actress?

Lee: I am so worried that due to my busy schedule, I will not fall in love until I am 25 (laughs)! I keep hoping that my first love will not come too late! However, my biggest worry is loneliness. Sometimes people distance me because I'm a young actress. However, I just see myself as a regular girl who worries about the same things that every other girl worries about. I still need to feel that closeness with people, but it is more difficult because of my occupation.

TTT: Why don't you tell us about your upcoming movie Thirteen-year-old Soo-a? Can you give us a brief synopsis of the movie?

Lee: Basically, it is about the life of a young girl named Soo-a who is graduating from elementary school and is making the adjustment to middle school. She has an extremely heavy heart because she is forced to grow up so fast due to the death of her parents. It is an extremely realistic movie where viewers are able to see Soo-a's growth and change as she faces the tribulations of life.

TTT: Wow, I see. In Thirteen-year-old Soo-a, you are playing a very unconfident and hurt girl. However, in Teacher vs. Student, you are much more defiant and strong. How were you able to play both characters so well?

Lee: Well, I prepared differently for the two movies. During the shooting of Teacher vs. Student, I would exercise for three hours a day, never eat after 7:00 pm, didn't eat junk food or take naps, and I used to put ice packs on my face to prevent bloating. However, during Thirteen-year-old Soo-a, I ate all that I wanted and rested on many days. I didn't really think about anything until the director joked one day about how I was always eating, and that's when I got worried (laughs)! However, to be honest, I don't feel as though I play a defiant or extremely confident character in either movie. I think that both characters are much more similar than people perceive.

TTT: What are some directions that the director had in order to help you get into character?

Lee: He did not show me the footage of my acting because he did not want me to try to look prettier or be artificial. Instead of being an actress, he wanted me to be Soo-a. I needed to be plain and common, rather than attempt to be glamorous. I had to wear a school uniform, and my hair was never perfect. But that was who my character was. I needed to be natural.

TTT: That is a great technique. It makes me very excited to see the movie because I know that you will be completely in character. Finally, what types of roles do you want to play in the future?

Lee: After a very deep movie like Thirteen-year-old Soo-a, I would like to play a funny role where I can be silly! I think that's more of who I am, rather than a very serious person.

Credit: Mbest.co.kr

Guest HanatheBrownEyedGirl

^^ She sounds like a sweet girl who's trying to do what she loves (acting) while trying to maintain a "normal" life, glad to know that her fame isn't giving her a big head.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[Official M/V] Lee Seung Hwan - I’m Only Into You (feat.Lee So Eun): http://youtu.be/WJGj8S2uGt4 The MV is so cute and adorable although the couple dance look awkward. I like it. :)

• 1 year later...

Lee Se Young and EXO's Suho are falling in love

Suho-lee-se-young_1461028264_af_org.jpg

EXO Suho's partner in upcoming web drama 'How Are You Bread' is announced to be actress Lee Se Young!

The two are to portray the love story between a genius patissier and a variety show writer. Lee Se Young will be playing the role of Noh Mi Rae, who is the show writer of 'Top 3 Bakery Kings' and for the show, she must cast the genius patissier, Han Do Woo (Suho). But it won't be easy as she tries any and every method to convince him to join her show.

'How Are You Bread' is scheduled to air in both Korea and China, and the filming is starting soon.

Do you think Suho and Lee Se Young are a good match for the new web drama?

source

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Se Young 이세영 - Completed: tvN (The Crowned Clown)
13 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

The thread has been reactivated. ^_^

Thank you much.

@PancakeMuffins91, thank you for starting this thread.  I am loving Lee Se-young.  I hope you can come back here.

On 4/20/2014 at 1:27 PM, suchadiva42 said:

I'm waiting patiently to see LSY in another drama or movie soon and will continue to come here to this thread for completely updates as well..

@suchadiva42, have you seen her in The Crowned Clown. She was amazing....  
I think she first got my attention in Trot Lovers, where she played an antagonist, and did so very well. I thought she was amazing in the Crowned Clown.
I hope you can come back here.