FemaleQuixote

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

After School’s UEE blamed herself for the obstacles of “Birdie Buddy”

On April 4th, After School’s UEE guested on SBS’s “Night by Night” and revealed her feelings on her golf drama, “Birdie Buddy,” doing poorly because of her.

In response to actress Min Hyo Rin’s story on the obstacles she had to go through with “Triple,” UEE added, “I was also cast for a golf drama last year and recorded for nine months.”

She continued, “I saw an article a while ago and they had used the phrase ‘UEE’s collapse.’ I also saw replies that had said it was the end for me, and I truly was upset. The producers had given me such a big role, and I began wondering whether it was because of me that the drama wasn’t getting picked up by broadcast stations. Not only that, but I was scared that it’d affect After School as well.”

Despite “Birdie Buddy” having completed filming, the drama is still undergoing difficulty in securing itself a broadcast station to air through.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/after-schools-uee-blamed-herself-for-the-obstacles-of-birdie-buddy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

UEE speaks out about ‘Birdie Buddy’ and acting

tn_1303885622_-2023971138_0.jpg

Despite the failure to launch her first leading-role drama “Birdie Buddy“, After School’s UEE revealed her desire to continue pursuing acting.

On April 27th, UEE stated in an interview, “I want to continue acting” – revealing an extraordinary affection and passion for acting.

For those readers who may have not known, UEE was cast for a drama called “Birdie Buddy”, which was actually based off of Korea’s first golf cartoon, called Birdie” and was modeled after successful professional Korean golfers such as Se Ri Park, Michelle Wie, Y.E. Yang, Anthony Kim and others. It was planned to air through MBC, but those plans eventually fell through resulting in UEE to experience much heartache.

UEE stated, “I’m disappointed that ‘Birdie Buddy’ hasn’t aired on television yet, but if the opportunity arises, I would like to continue acting.”

She also revealed that she felt the power of Korean dramas when she visited Japan. She stated, “There was a time when I went to Japan with the After School members for a shooting. The many Japanese students in uniform came up to me saying, ‘UEE-san, we recognize you from ‘You’re Beautiful‘. It was really interesting.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/uee-speaks-out-about-birdie-buddy-and-acting

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

After School’s UEE cast for KBS’s upcoming drama, “Golden Pond”

After School’s UEE has been cast for KBS’s new weekend drama, “Golden Pond“.

According to info revealed by representatives, UEE will be playing the female lead role of ‘Baek Ja Eun’, a haughty young woman who only believes in her pretty looks and is quick to flare up with anger.

The drama revolves around the lives of the Hwang family, which consists of two parents and their four sons. UEE will be romancing their third son, who has yet to be cast.

Because she already has experience playing the role of a stuck-up woman from SBS’s “You’re Handsome” and filmed for “Birdie Buddy” (although that has not been aired), viewers are anticipating how she’ll fare with her first small screen comeback in a year and nine months.

Production company ‘Green Snake‘ stated, “We are currently discussing her schedule, since she’s busy with After School’s Japanese promotions.”

The drama is scheduled to begin airing on August 6th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/after-schools-uee-cast-for-kbss-upcoming-drama-golden-pond

Guest antinh85

I didn't realize there was a thread for UEE. I love her!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see her in the new series. We get to see 2 of them in August!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

I have watched bits and pieces of Ojakgyo Brothers. Uee is quite good in acting.

I didn't have much expectation in her acting for the drama but i'm impressed now.

She managed to portray the right expression for the scene.

I want her to diversify her roles in the future.

Wow i didnt knw she has her own thread. I was wishing someone would make a thread for her but theres already one im happyyyy!!! I like her so much. Her acting is really good better than expected. Wish her luck with more dramas in the future. Right now im watching her drama Ojakgyo brothers!!

Guest junnnnna.

Ahhh~ I heart UEE!

I really want-well basically almost all those who are watching OJ BROTHERS, want Tae Hee and Uee to KISS!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest addsleepywood

Should revive Uee's thread again. :). She already has numbers of drama since YAB days. Im her fan from Ojakgyo Brothers. She win the rookie award as well from her OB drama. Hope to see her again in drama with Joo Won. Love their pairing.

• 2 months later...
Guest padme

OMIII we will here too @traciecullen yeap *-*  I love her since her dramas I'm amused with her in we got married she is so lovely,cute and a crybaby  :D >:D<  and about her dramas get hooked by her in OB but I watch her in YAB hate her character xD but that's was great becouse that shows how good actress she is ^^ and I can't wait to this sunday BF xDD Uee's mom ;)

Awww, you guys are really here!
;))

UEE's last dramatic avatar in Jeon Woo Chi sageuk drama, princess Moo Yeon
Jeon-Woo-Chi-uee.jpg

This is one of my favorites photos of her in ger dramas ever, in fight position, wearing a pink & black hanbok. Stunning is the word!

Jeon-Woo-Chi-uee2.jpg
credit JWC official site

I think we'll have more to post only when she accepts another drama... who knows when will that be.

Guest padme

ahhh Uee [-O<  pleasee give us a drama yeahhh *-* after AS comeback we can hope for  drama-news ;)  @femalequixote  I like her look in Jeonwonchi even if I don't like much the couple pair with CTH xD I like more their off-screen scenes xDD she was having so much with him ^^ and of course among couples I love her ahjussi from "Birdie buddy" and her ahjussi  Tae hee¿? xDDD

UEE spends some quality time with her mother on 'Barefoot Friends'

5vyl3c.jpg
Where does UEE get her beauty from? Her mother, of course! On the upcoming episode of SBS' 'Barefoot Friends', UEE was joined by her mother on national television, revealing where the After School member gets her good genes from. The cast showed up on UEE's doorstep without notice, surprising her mother with the cameras.  The cast then had some fun with UEE's mother by asking her to rank the male members to find out who she thinks would be the best son-in-law material for her daughter. Lee Hyori will also be making a guest appearance on this episode, so make sure to tune in on the 2nd! 
© http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/uee-spends-some-quality-time-with-her-mother-on-barefoot-friends

UEE - After School's 6th Maxi Single teasers photos

cf1b9d16fdfaaf517b8ab3078d5494eef01f7a18

Uee-After-School-6th-Maxi-Single.jpg
credit https://www.facebook.com/pledisAS

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/05/after-school-comes-out-with-teasers-for-jooyeon-raina-and-e-young-uee
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/05/after-school-asks-about-your-first-love-with-a-second-set-of-teaser-photos

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"After School’s Uee Reveals Her Home in “Barefoot Friends”
54ajm.jpg
5b5nc6.jpg

On the recent episode of SBS’s “Barefoot Friends,” which was aired on June 2, the cast visited After School’s Uee’s home.

Uee stated nervously, “This is the first time my house is being shown on TV. I didn’t realize I would feel like this.”

Uee’s room, which consisted of mostly white and ivory colors, appeared to be very feminine. However, various pairs of boxing gloves were visible, surprising everyone. Special guest Lee Hyo Ri asked, “Why are there so many boxing gloves in a girl’s room?”

Uee answered shyly, “I am thinking about taking lessons.” To this explanation, the other members of the show teased Uee as they said, “Are you trying to imitate Lee Si Young?” Actress Lee Si Young has recently became the first female celebrity to make the national boxing team.

Netizens that saw this episode commented, “I was surprised to see the gloves,” and “Uee’s house was nice.”

http://www.soompi.com/2013/06/02/after-schools-uee-reveals-her-home-in-barefoot-friends/

------------

UEE's mother picks Kim Hyun Joong as perfect husband material

eijpfm.jpg

UEE's mother picked fellow 'Barefoot Friends' cast member Kim Hyun Joong as the best husband for her daughter on the latest episode of the travel variety program (although, to be quite honest, is anyone surprised?).

As the cast members gathered in one place with UEE's mother prior to departure, she was asked to choose the most well-suited husband for her beautiful daughter from the roster of cast members. Although she held some reservations - "he doesn't look the brightest" - she still picked Kim Hyun Joong as the one who would make the best potential suitor.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/uees-mother-picks-kim-hyun-joong-as-perfect-husband-material

Archived