Won Bin 원빈

~*kYo*~

7 Filipino Actors Who Played Your Favorite Korean Actors’ Drama Characters

From Gong Yoo to Kim Soo Hyun, these Filipino actors were cast as the local versions of your favorite Korean actors’ drama characters in the Philippines.

The Philippines has been importing Korean dramas since 2003 through local networks GMA, ABS-CBN, TV5, and even government-controlled channel PTV.

Aside from localizing the dramas by means of dubbing, local networks have expanded the localization of a number of dramas by remaking them and adding flavors suitable to the Philippine palate. At present, there are a total of 16 dramas remade whose original versions were also aired on local television.

A rumored remake of the hit Korean dramas Descendants of the Sun and Boys Over Flowers are also reportedly on the way. The buzz has been on since last year about Filipino actor Alden Richards becoming the Philippines’ Captain Yoo Si Jin.

Still, before Richards officially (if true) takes on the duty to be Big Boss, let us look back on the previous local adaptations and the Filipino actors who took on the pressure and burden to follow in the footsteps of top Korean actors including Gong Yoo, Hyun Bin, Won Bin, and more.

In this article, we list down seven Filipino actors who played your favorite Korean actor’s drama characters.

4. Dennis Trillo

Filipino actor Dennis Trillo joined Dingdong Dantes in the Philippine remake of Autumn in My Heart, playing Won Bin’s character, Han Tae Seok. For the local version, the character’s name was altered to Andrew Tantoco.

Trillo was also cast as the lead of the remake of Temptation of Wife which aired via GMA from 2012 to 2013. The actor played Marcelo Salcedo, the counterpart of Jung Gyo Bin (played by Byun Woo Min).

Endless-Love-2.jpg?w=720&ssl=1

Spoiler

Who is Dennis Trillo?

Before joining show business, Trillo was a member of a band called Moyg and the drummer for the DIY band in Baguio. He officially started his entertainment career in 2001 as part of ABS-CBN’s Star Circle Batch 10. He then took minor roles in television dramas before transferring to GMA where he received his breakthrough projects.

Following his Temptation of Wife role, Trillo landed his most controversial role to date as Eric del Mundo, a gay, in the drama My Husband’s Lover in 2013. He last acted as Liam Ilustre in the television series The One That Got Away which wrapped up its run in May 2018.

Dennis-Trillo.jpg?w=683&ssl=1

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

*** Taking a break for many years is too long. I guess he wants to pursue a different career path. I don't see why he should justify his choice in life. It's his life.  I guess he is contented of what he has & what he's doing right now. :P

Netizens criticize Won Bin for having no new projects and only promoting as an endorsement model

won-bin.jpg

Won Bin is receiving criticism for his lack of acting promotions. 

On July 3, Won Bin made a rare public appearance. 

won-bin_1530643440_wbbb.jpg

As the model for 'Cherish', the actor attended the fan sign event hosted by the Korean furniture brand. The event garnered much attention as it was Won Bin's first public appearance since having a son with Lee Na Young in December 2017. 

won-bin_1530643476_wbn.jpg

The private event was strictly secured with guards. Reporters were only able to catch a glimpse of the star as he got out of his vehicle. 

Following the event, an Ilgan Sports reporter criticized Won Bin, stating that he is unworthy of being called an actor since he's only been promoting as an endorsement model for the past 8 years. 

Won Bin's last acting project was the film 'The Man from Nowhere' back in 2010. He has only been making appearances on CFs and ads since then. 

Netizens agreed with the reporter, and commented, "I think his job is a model, not an actor..", "He's acting career is over", "Psh, not an actor. He's a CF model", "He's a CF model and so is his wife Lee Na Young", "We should stop calling Won Bin and Lee Na Young 'actors' from now on", "I mean, he probably does not have any reasons to give up sleep and go through the all that difficulties of movie filming when he gets paid millions for CFs."

On the other hand, there were some netizens who showed understanding, commenting, "It's his life. He can do whatever he wants", "Everyone's just jealous that he can live wealthily even without working", "Who cares. Everyone has different lives."

What are your thoughts on Won Bin's long hiatus as an actor? 

source : allkpop

*** I don't have words but I hope WB will change his hairstyle. Age has been good to him, though. I remember Gong Yoo had this similar look long ago, too.:P

K-actor Won Bin Has an Epic Bad Hair Day at Fan Meeting Event in Seoul

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2018/07/03/k-actor-won-bin-has-an-epic-bad-hair-day-at-fan-meeting-event-in-seoul/

Won Bin Breaks Hiatus With A Fan Signing Event

90881308.1.jpg?resize=600,399&ssl=1

Will we finally see Won Bin back in the small or big screen?

In 2010, South Korean actor Won Bin was Hallyu fans’ favorite ahjussi. But since then, he has been hibernating in film and television.

But in the afternoon of July 3, the news that he appeared for a fan signing ceremony of furniture brand, CHERISH, at a branch in Gangnam, Seoul excited his awaiting fans.

The elusive actor greeted his fans in bright appearance with a wavy hairstyle. He earnestly engaged with 100 lucky fans who visited the venue.

90881309.1.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

The clamor for his film/TV comeback has been a favorite discussion in the last eight years.

He married actress Lee Na Young in 2015 in a private ceremony and the couple has since lived quietly away from the limelight except for actively participating in advertising deals.

Won Bin received the Best Actor honor in 47th Grand Bell Awards for his role in the iconic film, The Man from Nowhere (2010) after stringing in acclaimed portrayals in Taegukgi (2004) and Mother (2009).

The actor rose to popularity in melodrama Autumn in my Heart (2000) with Song Hye Kyo and Son Seung Heon.

Let’s hope this will be the beginning of Won Bin’s return to drama and film.

90881311.1.jpg?w=554&ssl=1

source : Hellokpop

Koreans Vote For The Most Handsome Male Stars

Jang-Dong-Gun-Kang-Dong-Won-Won-Bin.jpg

Koreans voted for the stars that they think are the most handsome.

The July 6 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly” revealed the results of an annual online survey from the KBS Broadcast Research Institute. The survey took place from May 17 to 21 for a total of five days, and 1,034 men and women over 19 years old from all over the country named which celebrities (including athletes) they thought were the most handsome, with a total of 1,013 stars listed.

Jang Dong Gun took first place, showing an especially high number of votes from people in their 40s to 60s. Second place went to Kang Dong Won, who notably had the highest number of female votes. Third place went to Won Bin, while fourth place went to Jung Woo Sung, and Park Bo Gum took fifth place.

Check out the Top 30 below!

1. Jang Dong Gun
  2. Kang Dong Won
  3. Won Bin
  4. Jung Woo Sung
  5. Park Bo Gum
  6. Daniel Henney
  7. Kang Shin Sung Il
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Gong Yoo
  11. Hyun Bin
  12. Namgoong Won
  13. Go Soo
  14. So Ji Sub
  15. Bae Yong Joon
  16. Ahn Jung Hwan
  17. Kim Soo Hyun
  18. Ahn Sung Ki
  19. Choi Bool Am
  20. Cha In Pyo
  21. Song Seung Heon
  22. Park Chan Ho
  23. Lee Byung Hun
  24. Ji Chang Wook
  25. Ki Sung Yueng
  26. Kwon Sang Woo
  27. Lee Min Ho
  28. Kang Suk Woo
  29. Choi Soo Jong
  30. Park Seo Joon

Source (1) / soompi news

*** I guess he’s perfectionist about his work that it takes him a lifetime to decide on a new project.  I wish he goes back to making dramas or movies. It's really been quite a long while.....   :P

Won Bin Continues To Make High Earnings From Ad Appearances

Won-Bin.jpg

Won Bin has been on a hiatus from acting for the past eight years, but it’s said that he is making high earnings through his appearances in various TV and print ads in the meantime.

See Also: Koreans Vote For The Most Handsome Male Stars

On July 3, Won Bin made a rare public appearance when he attended a fan signing event for a furniture store in Seoul, which he is the spokesperson for.

On July 4, TV Chosun’s news program “Shin Tong Bang Tong” gave viewers more insight into what Won Bin has been up to and his earnings. A reporter said, “We see Won Bin often on TV ads or pictorials. How much are his ad earnings?”

A panelist answered, “Won Bin has appeared in around 40 ads since 2010. His exclusive contract fee is 600 million to 700 million won (approximately $537,720 to $627,340). Even if he only receives 600 million won (approximately $537,720), that’s over 24 billion won (approximately $21,508,000). He reportedly bought a building in the neighborhood of Chungdam recently.”

Won Bin last appeared in the 2010 film “The Man from Nowhere,” which will soon be available on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Koreans Discovered How Much Won Bin Makes From CFs And It Blew Their Minds

“No wonder he doesn’t work.”

Actor Won Bin recently held a fansign event at a furniture shop in Seoul and attracted interest from fans about his recent activities.

t1bu4ydPZAsKFnbM3Rr4554N-G3iPVBq1iU01uk5

The actor has not appeared much on television in the past 8 years since his marriage to actress Lee Na Young.

mvhZ7FAf7nj523Ge_rITX2zUO6wtVce7SH19BO0E

LINK here : https://www.koreaboo.com/news/koreans-discovered-much-won-bin-makes-cfs-blew-minds/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the elusive man

wb3.jpg?w=620

Won Bin. Wow. When was the last time we saw him in action. When I was in Seoul, his coffee ad was all over, from the street to the subway to the movie theatre, celebrating his 10th anniversary as the brand’s spokesperson. Well, now he models clothes and… let’s just say his hairstyle is rather regretful. I have never been a fan of Won Bin but I know I have seen him with better hair.

I finally watched Ajusshi, the movie in which in starred alongside a cute Kim Sae Ron. It was brutal and bloody, but good. My Sae Ronie was such an adorable pike then.

wb1.jpg?w=620

wb2.jpg?w=620

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/07/17/the-elusive-man/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, willenette said:

the elusive man

wb3.jpg?w=620

Won Bin. Wow. When was the last time we saw him in action. When I was in Seoul, his coffee ad was all over, from the street to the subway to the movie theatre, celebrating his 10th anniversary as the brand’s spokesperson. Well, now he models clothes and… let’s just say his hairstyle is rather regretful. I have never been a fan of Won Bin but I know I have seen him with better hair.

I finally watched Ajusshi, the movie in which in starred alongside a cute Kim Sae Ron. It was brutal and bloody, but good. My Sae Ronie was such an adorable pike then.

wb1.jpg?w=620

wb2.jpg?w=620

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2018/07/17/the-elusive-man/

OMG so handsome my second favorite Korean actor. Would love to see Won Bin back in the small and big screen soon. Also a very big thanks to you again for still updatin this thread. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 10:41 PM, Lily_Lovly said:

OMG so handsome my second favorite Korean actor. Would love to see Won Bin back in the small and big screen soon. Also a very big thanks to you again for still updatin this thread. 

Hi Lily_Lovly, so, you like WB, too. It seems that we have the same taste - hahaha. It's been ages that I've been waiting for him to make a comeback. So NICE to see you around here. :lol:

• 1 month later...

12 Idols Who Had The Most Awkward Dating Rumors

These rumors are just too wild to believe.

3. Sooyoung (Girls’ Generation) and Won Bin

Is it possible to date someone you’ve never even spoken to? Celebrity X-Files seems to think so. They claimed Sooyoung and Won Bin were romantically involved but, at the time, this would have been impossible.

-5uW7wxTC03MVul6R2w4vmn7pPVnYp-e_LuKpU8j

SM Entertainment said that the stars weren’t friends. They had never even met!

a_F7W9Ostw1CzRnGT7D0pxqcQtF3JcClxkvEamSy

At the time, Sooyoung was already dating Jung Kyung Ho. He didn’t mind being dragged into this unintentional love-triangle. In fact, he was happy about being mistaken for someone as attractive as Won Bin!

Even though the scandal was not her fault, Sooyoung felt bad about it. During an episode of Strong Heart, she asked Won Bin’s good friend, Gong Hyung Jin, to apologize to Won Bin on her behalf.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

11 Signature Korean Action Movies That Rival Hollywood Movies

These Korean films are as good, if not better, than Hollywood movies.

Hollywood may be known for its action movies, but Korea is no slouch either when it comes to thrilling, action packed films.

Here are 11 Korean action movies that could rival a Hollywood production.

2. The Man from Nowhere

One of Korea’s most popular films, The Man from Nowhere follows a former black-ops soldier who does everything he can to rescue a kidnapped child, who is also the only person he can connect with.

KTVhtsQZ-SRynfZ7beClBquMQ28StOpHxGPLfklr

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

September Brand Reputation Rankings For Male Advertisement Models Revealed

a8eb76238e9543e9a57b8fd63127006b.jpeg?s=

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced this month’s brand reputation rankings for male advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior using big data collected from August 22 to September 23. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of 50 male advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for September.

Park Seo Joon took second place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 729,935, while Won Bin followed close behind at third with a score of 703,829.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Jung Hae In
  2. Park Seo Joon
  3. Won Bin
  4. Wanna One’s Kang Daniel
  5. Gong Yoo

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

• 5 weeks later...

15 Golden K-Dramas That Are Always Worth Rewatching

As an avid K-drama watcher, there are a lot of dramas that I’ve watched more than once. There’s many factors that play into wanting to watch a whole series more than once. Most of the time, it’s because of two main reasons: the two main leads and their chemistry, and how captivating the storyline is. I find myself enjoying these dramas just the same the second time around despite already knowing the outcome. Here’s my list of 15 K-dramas that are worth the re-watch!

14. Autumn In My Heart

“Autumn In My Heart” is one of those classic dramas that stand the test of time for its heartbreaking script and beautiful cast. Song Seung Hun, Song Hye Kyo, and Won Bin star in this melodrama that is so tragic that it’ll have you shook for awhile. There are lines from the script that are still recited to this day, and it is also a series that was a huge stepping stone for the three now Hallyu stars.

autumn-in-my-heart-540x360.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

K-Dramas That Gave Actors Their Big Break

All it takes is one killer role for an actor to become a Hallyu star and secure his position in the Korean entertainment industry. A lot of actors go unnoticed and struggle for many years before they make their big break-out role. Here’s to all those actors who worked hard to make a name for themselves (and continue to work hard). Check out our list of K-dramas that boosted actors into the spotlight!

Won Bin in “Autumn In My Heart”

won-bin.jpg

Won Bin first graced viewers with his incredibly good looks as the boy next door in the series, “Propose,” but it wasn’t until his role as the second lead in “Autumn In My Heart” that he was able to secure his position in the industry. His character, Han Tae Suk, is a typical rich chaebol who tries to win the heart of the poor female lead (Song Hye Kyo), but he played the role so well that he has become one of the most notable second lead characters in K-drama history! Although he hasn’t been very active in the industry, he continues to model and do commercials. We are all (patiently) waiting for his return to the small screen.

won-bin.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

*** Geezz…………….this is the Wonbin look that I so adore. He seems doesn’t age at all. :lol:

Won Bin reveals his handsome visuals in new winter pictorial

201811070903230410_2.jpg

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/11/won-bin-reveals-his-handsome-visuals-in.html

"Let's Eat Dinner Together" Kim Sae-ron Says That Won Bin is Amazing

photo1015218.jpg

Kim Sae-ron remembered Won Bin.

She appeared in the JTBC TV show "Let's Eat Dinner Together" with Lee Sang-yeop for dinner in Banpo, Gongju.

The MCs asked her about Won Bin with whom she starred in "The Man From Nowhere". She said, "I appointed him during the Ice Bucket Challenge and he really did it".

"I was too young to remember what he was like when we filmed the movie, but he was very nice to me. I remember he was an amazing person".

Source : /news.nate.com/view/2...

Translation : Hancinema

Lee Na Young Talks About Her Long-Awaited Return And Her Husband Won Bin’s Hiatus

90e9f5ef79d54506b60049cc5d92a783.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview for her upcoming movie “Beautiful Days,” Lee Na Young mentioned her husband Won Bin.

Not only did Lee Na Young take a long break, but Won Bin hasn’t appeared in a movie since his 2010 movie “The Man From Nowhere” as well.

When asked about his hiatus, Lee Na Young joked, “What is he doing? Why isn’t he appearing?” Then she explained, “Won Bin would also like to tell a story. There aren’t many productions like that though. He wants to tell a story with humanism, so because of his search for a scenario with that kind of genre, [his break] is extending longer.”

Lee Na Young and Won Bin got married in 2015 and welcomed their first child in the same year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

Lee Na Young Shares Why She Continues To Act + Describes Her Relationship With Husband Won Bin

Set to make a comeback on both the small and big screens, Lee Na Young opened up about her acting career and family.

In the interview, the actress also touched on her relationship with her husband Won Bin.

She shared, “I also looked at my script with Won Bin. I showed him the script for ‘Beautiful Days’. He said it’s a difficult movie and it will be tough to grasp the character’s emotions and express them, but he cheered me on to work hard. Won Bin and I are like best friends. People may think we’re mysterious, but we’re not. We don’t seem to talk to each other much either, but we do.”

Lee Na Young also talked about how she wants to raise their son. She said, “I also want to raise my child comfortably. I want him to feel the natural scenery. If my son wants to act later, I would support him. I want to let him freely do what he wants to do.”

Lee Na Young currently has two productions lined up.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news