Won Bin 원빈

~*kYo*~

10 Korean Films That Need to Become Anime Right Now, Director-Senpai

Liar’s Game, Playful Kiss and Oldboy are all examples of great Korean films and dramas being inspired by equally terrific Japanese manga and anime. However, what if we were to turn the tables and get great anime out of Korean films instead? So, to hopefully give some very awesome producers some very awesome ideas, here are 10 Korean films that really, really need to become anime right now.

(skipped unrelated.....)

2) The Man From Nowhere

9651f839-e2c1-45f6-acc0-195330a60927.jpg

Simply one of the best thrillers, from any place, any era. Our protagonist is a “man from nowhere,” a loner that never talks to anyone except a little girl in his building. When the girl’s mother is killed and she’s kidnapped, he sets out to find her. As the criminals laugh, thinking he can’t even touch them, he simply tells them, “people like you are always thinking of the future, you never realize how badly someone can richard simmons up your present.” Now you know that’s anime fighting words.

source : dramafever

Netizens react to news of Won Bin and Lee Na Young’s baby

Won Bin Lee Na Young wedding

As Won Bin and Lee Na Young surprised everyone today with news that they are expecting a child, the internet reacted with much hype towards the news. 

Earlier today, the beautiful couple announced the news of Lee Na Young’s pregancy after marrying Won Bin in a pivot ceremony last May. The couple initially made headlines for their secret and intimate celebration two years into their relationship.

As the news broke out, the internet reacted positively towards the news with the tag #LeeNaYoung trending on Twitter’s worldwide topics.

Korean netizens also pitched in their thoughts on the news and left comments saying,

[+ 7225, – 72] Oh…My…God…..I’m already curious what the baby is going to look like

[+ 5950, – 60] The baby is going to be so beautiful ㅋㅋㅋ

[+ 4959, – 50] The baby is going to be crazy good looking congratulations

[+ 4313, – 47] Congratulations visual daebak

[+ 3324, – 581] Why so fast????

Source: Sports Chosun/ Koreaboo

Newlywed Star Couple Won Bin and Lee Na Young are Expecting Their First Baby

babs1.jpg

Another congrats are in order for Won Bin and Lee Na Young. A mere two months after the A-list top star couple tied the knot in the Korean countryside in late May of this year, the newlyweds are just brimming with good news as they have just confirmed that they are expecting a baby. Whether it’s a honeymoon baby or Lee Na Young was already expecting when they got married, in this case it way doesn’t matter since we’re talking about an adult couple in their thirties and not some teenage parents-to-be at a shotgun wedding.

Of course that hasn’t stopped the netizens from their usual tsk tsk-ing about the couple maybe tying the knot after conceiving a bun in the oven, even though the better question for those disapproving school marms is what they thought these two did while living together for the last two years since they started dating. I’m thrilled they are expanding the family so soon since a baby is such a joy and way better to enjoy as soon as possible if the couple has the financial means and desire to take on the added responsibility. Congrats, and onwards towards baby bump watch!

babs.jpg

With Lee Na Young expecting, that’ll continue to push her acting hiatus out since I can’t imagine she would take on any projects now when she hasn’t acted for the last few years even without carrying a bun in the oven. I still want Won Bin to act soon, and thought it was going to happen soon as his agent kept dropping word that Won Bin was seriously considering scripts for an acting comeback this year, but now I’m highly doubtful that will happen if he’s got a pregnant wife to take care of. I won’t be terribly disappointed if Lee Na Young decides to not act anymore even after the baby, but Won Bin seriously owes me (and the world) at least one more incredible performance and then he can hang up his hat. But if he does that then at least have the decency to announce that he’s not planning to act anymore, as opposed to leaving it open ended for fans endure the water torture of waiting for him to pick a next role.

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2015/08/04/newlywed-star-couple-won-bin-and-lee-na-young-are-expecting-their-first-baby/

Male lead actors of 'Season Series': Bae Yong-joon, Won Bin, Song Seung-heon have found true love in real life

photo620603.jpg

Bae Yong-joon, 43, Won Bin, 38, Song Seung-heon, 39, all of the male lead actors in the so-called 'Season Series' have fallen in love.

From 'Autumn in my Heart' to "Winter Sonata" and 'Summer Scent', the 'Season Series' by producer, Yoon Seok-ho, the male leads of the dramas have found their loving partners in real life recently in a row.

Bae Yong-joon, who had ignited the Hallyu trend with his role, Kang Joon-sang in "Winter Sonata", became a husband for a woman from everybody's lover, when he tied the knot with actress Park Soo-jin, 30, through a private wedding in a high end hotel last month.

Although it was a private wedding, about 100 Japanese fans visited the venue to congratulate the couple, which proved his undying popularity.

Han Tae-seok of 'Autumn in my Heart', actor Won Bin also had a nuptial ceremony with actress Lee Na-young, 36, in May and made himself unavailable in the market.

While Won Bin is famous for his charismatic line, 'How much will do?' in 'Autumn in my Heart', he opted to hold a quiet private ceremony for his wedding inviting only family members in Jeonseon, Gangwon-do. The couple's delightful pregnancy news also received many congratulations from his fans.

Song Seung-heon, Yoon Joon-seo in 'Autumn in my Heart' also has found his lover finally. The love across border between him and actress Liu Yife, who is called goddess of mainland, is a great surprise for many people.

The two met through movie 'The Third Love', which is to be released soon, and came into the romantic relationship. According to his agency, "The relationship is in a stage that just has begun".

Source : www.mydaily.co.kr/new...

Translation : Hancinema

What did these 15 celebs do before stardom?

1. Won Bin - Car Mechanic
won-bin_1439319274_Won-Bin-03.jpg
South Korea's national heartthrob Won Bin was not initially searching for stardom. He worked as a car mechanic after graduating from high school and dreamed of becoming a car racer.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

Male Netizens Pick Top 20 “Coolest” Korean Male Celebrities

The List 2015,” for last week and the week before last, featured lists of female celebrities, as voted on by Korean netizens: the 30 hottest K-celebrity females and the 30 “most beautiful faces” among Korean female celebrities.

This week, the show decided to switch it up, and took things from an entirely male perspective. This week, males voted for the top 20 “coolest Korean male celebrities.” A separate vote was also done by women, and you can see the disparity between the two lists, and the few guys that were voted on by both males and females.

Here are the top 20 “coolest” Korean male celebrities, as voted by 2500 men ranging from ages 20 to 59.

6. Won Bin

Won-Bin

Compare the above list with the top 10, as voted by females.

2. Won Bin

credit : soompi news

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Na Young's advertising royalties spiked after her marriage to Won Bin?

won-bin-lee-na-young_1442854755_af_org.j

Lee Na Young's side denied rumors that the actress advertising royalties had spiked after her marriage to Won Bin
According to a report by one media outlet, Won Bin and Lee Na Young's one year advertising royalties were fixed at 700~800 million KRW (~$593,000 USD to ~$678,000 USD), and Lee Na Young's advertising fees jumped around 200 million KRW (~$170,000 USD) after her marriage to Won Bin, which means currently, she has the same advertising earning power as Won Bin. 

However, their label denied these claims and a rep told Newsen, "There are parts that are different from the truth. There are no changes in royalties for both Won Bin and Lee Na Young. It's difficult to pinpoint the exact monetary amount but the truth is different from [what's been reported]."

• 2 weeks later...

School-aged Pictures of Popular Hallyu K-actors Show the Before and After

For years I’ve been seeing these types of pre-star pictures floating around here and there, and finally decided to collect as many as I can into one post. Half of it is for my own viewing lulz and the other half is to share since so many folks like one or more of these K-actors. This collection of school-aged pictures of past, present, and future Hallyu stars convince me that styling is a big reason why guys went from not to hot, that and also losing weight and/or plastic surgery.

(skipped unrelated.....)

disj11.jpg

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2015/10/04/school-aged-pictures-of-popular-hallyu-k-actors-show-the-before-and-after/

• 2 weeks later...

*** I wonder if WB hasn't done any work in many years now... Seriously, what's his reason? Won Bin, when are we going to be able to see that face of yours on the screen again? Ahhh.........he has such mysterious act... I’ve wanted to see him in a drama or movie again. ;)

Won Bin declines ‘With God’, when will he come back?

Won Bin declines ‘With God’, when will he come back?

Won Bin ended up turning down "With God". So when will he get started acting again?

According to the movie industry, Won Bin refused to be in "With God" which is in reaction to a web-toon and is directed by way of Kim Yong-hwa who could also be chargeable for "200 Pounds Beauty" and "Take Off". Ha Jeong-woo was once nominated for the drama which is set an angel of death who brings other people into the alternative world. the primary and 2d film is being made at the similar time.

When news were given out that Won Bin became introduced the role, many were excited in hopes of seeing him in action again. He"d been discussed for several videos up to now yet he"s been turning them down at an identical time.

However, Won Bin claims he needs to do anything this is more emotional.

So it form of feels like we won"t be seeing him anytime soon, again. He hasn"t been out with anything else because the 2010 motion picture "The guy From Nowhere". He"s being very trustworthy about his next move.

It"s now not that he"s refusing to act again; timing has something to do with it too.

Won Bin was going to visit Hollywood after "The Man From Nowhere" but the something was amiss. Then there has been the foundering of every other movie that he was considering. "That Winter, the Wind Blows" was also mentioned but difference in perspectives led to Won Bin to turn that down too.

Although he"s taking a break, if it takes too long then it could be tricky to stroll or run back at all.

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr... / ohkpop

Edited by willenette

Hallyu Representatives for 20 Years of K-Pop, K-Drama, and More Selected by Experts and the Public

The Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), which is under the South Korean government’s Minsitry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, announced its list of Hallyu representatives that have led it for its 20 years in various areas of Korean content, such as music, television, stage productions, games, and webtoons. It surveyed 10 experts and 1000 members of the public.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Television

Jewel in the Palace,” “Winter Sonata,” “My Love from the Star,” “Autumn in My Heart,” and “Running Man

“Running Man” was the only variety show on the list.

Source (1) (2)/ soompi news

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

December 2, 2015

Park Chan-wook tops revenge chart

Source: The Korea Times

Untitled-15-650.jpg
Untitled-16-650.jpg
Untitled-17-650.jpg
From top, scenes from "Sympathy from Mr. Vengeance" (2002), "Oldboy" (2003) and "Lady Vengeance"

Film director Park Chan-wook has topped an American movie-ranking website's chart for the best Korean revenge movies, with his "vengeance trilogy."

Website "Taste of Cinema" posted "The 10 Best South Korean Revenge Movies."

Topping the list was Park's trilogy "Sympathy from Mr. Vengeance" (2002), "Oldboy" (2003) and "Lady Vengeance" (2005).

Park is a frequent guest at prominent global film festivals such as the Cannes Film Festival with "Thirst" in 2009 and the Berlin Film Festival with "Night Fishing" in 2011.

Park's films portray brutal vengeance by a main character.

Untitled-18-650.jpg  
From left, posters for "I Saw the Devil" (2010), "Mother" (2009), "The Man from Nowhere" (2010) and "Pieta"

In "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," Song Kang-ho played a vengeful protagonist, while Choi Min-sik and Lee Young-ae each played a similar role in "Oldboy" and "Lady Vengeance," respectively.

Calling Park "the master of revenge," the website explains that the characters"are victims of a series of circumstances that soon become their own collection of tragedies."

On a news program on CBS Radio on Wednesday, actress Lee Jung-hyun, who won the Best Actress Award for "Alice in Earnestland" at the Blue Dragon Awards on Nov. 26, said Park had strongly encouraged her to take the role.

Park's trilogy was followed in order by "I Saw the Devil" (2010), "Mother" (2009), "The Man from Nowhere" (2010) and "Pieta" (2012). 

aoshima11@ktimes.com

Netizens discuss: Who is better looking: Won Bin vs Go Soo

ELLE Korea (left)

Korean male actors Won Bin and Go Soo are two of the hottest actors in the country and are highly praised for their extremely handsome looks.

In an “Appearance Battle of the Century: Won Bin vs Go Soo,” the title of the Pann thread posted by a netizen on November 29th, they posted various photos of both actors from graduation photos to their short and long hairstyles photos, asking others which of the two actors was better looking.

Won Bin, who married actress Lee Na Young earlier this year, rose to popularity in 2000 after starring in the drama Autumn In My  Heart. Other films he is known for include Taegukgi, Mother, The Man From Nowhere, and more. He and his wife are expecting their first child, announcing the pregnancy in August 2015.

Go Soo is known for his roles in Piano, The Chaser, Marrying A Millionaire, My Fair Lady, and more. He married his non-celebrity girlfriend Kim Hye Yeon in 2012 and have a son and daughter together.

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

tQXzEfOyT_1448734441_1448734021673492

j9mQt4z68_1448734442_1448734030058040

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

[+238, -28] Go Soo. If I was reborn, Go Soo.

[+226, -30] I vote for Go Soo.

[+206, -39] Won Bin’s face

[+74, -1] CG vs Statue

[+71, -2] I noticed how handsome Go Soo was after seeing a photo of him at Yoo Ji Tae’s wedding

Source: Pann / koreaboo

• 3 weeks later...

*** Wait.....so, it's a son for WB.....He has a junior! Congratulations! I'm happy for the couple. I hope people/netizens won't bash her that she is pregnant before they got married. God bless this family! It's a great year for this couple. I hope for the baby to grow up healthy & become a good person. :P

Won Bin and Lee Na Young Stay Secretive About Baby’s Birth Details

Won Bin and Lee Na Young Stay Secretive About Baby’s Birth Details

Actors Won Bin and Lee Na Young recently announced that they have welcomed their first child into the world. However, the couple has chosen to keep the details of the baby’s birth a secret.

Won Bin and Lee Na Young’s agency stated on December 19, “We cannot divulge the time the baby was delivered or whether or not the baby was born through natural childbirth, as those details fall into the area of their private lives.” The agency went on to say that Lee Na Young gave birth at an undisclosed OBGYN clinic in Seoul, and that both mother and child are healthy.

The reason behind the secrecy is most likely due to the speculation that Won Bin and Lee Na Young had a shotgun wedding. The two were wed on May 30 of this year, though the agency at the time denied any rumors that Lee Na Young was pregnant. They’ve been married for only seven months.

Source (1) / soompi news

Won Bin and Lee Na Young Welcome Their First Child Into the World

It looks like the world has gained another cute celebrity baby!

On December 19, an insider revealed that Won Bin and Lee Na Young recently delivered their firstborn child. She reportedly gave birth to a healthy son and is currently recovering and receiving postnatal care.

The star couple’s agency responded to the reports and confirmed the news. They stated, “After recently giving birth both of them are very happy. They are focusing on postnatal care and child care.”

Meanwhile, Won Bin and Lee Na Young got married last summer in a private wedding.

Congratulations to Won Bin and Lee Na Young!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

January 12, 2016

Won Bin mulling over role in Korean film

Actor Won Bin‘s agency has said he is currently mulling over a Korean film role, dismissing speculation that he may make a comeback to Chinese film.

His agency Eden9 said Tuesday, “He is currently reviewing scripts of Korean films. Although he is receiving some proposals from Chinese production crews, he is not in talk with any of them for now.”

“More proposals come from Korean firms than foreign agencies. Although it’s up for grabs, he is reviewing mainly Korean projects,” he added, refuting the early report by a local media outlet that he would star in a Chinese film. 

The top actor last appeared in “The Man from Nowhere,” which was released in 2010. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

Won Bin to prioritize working in Korean productions for comeback

72595-387125.jpg

Celebrity couple Won Bin and Lee Na Young will soon return to work.

Won Bin’s agency confirmed that the actor is currently reviewing offers, and it could be a Chinese or Korean production, but the latter will be a priority. At the same time, Won Bin’s actress wife Lee Na Young is also gearing for a comeback.

The clarification comes after media reports stated today that Won Bin will make his comeback after a long while in China.

The couple welcomed their first child last December.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

• Like 2

20 heartfelt moments when Korean stars gave back to communities

(skipped unrelated.....)

21. Won Bin official UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador since 2007

kim-woo-bin_1453162307_wonbin.jpg

Won Bin is another outstanding celebrity who has taken the time to work hard alongside UNICEF for over 9 years, with more than large donations including raising funds for vaccination efforts and disease treatment.

• Like 1

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000

WHEN IS WON BIN COMING BACK??????

This thread is so lonely no ones going on it bc our prince Won Bin won't pick up any works T_T

I miss him so MUCH