Diy Charm Hole For An Iphone Cover!

Guest baybeii_tee

Guest baybeii_tee

For all charm loverrrrrs
So i've owned an iPhone for awhile now and realised that i needed to spice things up! I wanted to add dangly cute things to my phone but unfortunately the iPhone itself doesnt have any charm holes nor does the cases. So i took matters into my own hands and made them myself. The case i am working with are the hard covers, i wouldnt recommend trying it on the flimsy, soft silicon ones because it would snap easily. I hope my tutorial has helped!

MATERIALS

sxp5d2.jpg2m50ae1.jpg

-Hard cover case

-Marker

-Lighter

-Sewing needle (Preferably one that has an appropriate diameter so the charm string can fit through and also one you wouldnt use again)

STEP ONE

Take your marker and mark two holes around 3 to 4 mm apart on your preferred corner. I opted for the top left hand cover so it wont interfere with the camera.

STEP TWO

Then carefully take your lighter and light the end of the needle. It would be extremely hot so hold it with a glove or something. Wait a few seconds for the needle to get hot. Then pierce it through the marked areas. I suggest you do it one at a time just in case.

STEP THREE

x39dg.jpg

Take your pretty charms and weave them through your newly created holes!

Sorry that my holes look pretty messy, i tried doing other methods beforhand and failed but this method works best.

VOILA! YOUR IPHONE IS NOW ALL PIMPED UP!

1zx1h0p.jpg

Guest abviolinplayer

ooh thanks for the tutorial! I'm getting an iPhone when the contract with my current phone ends, and I was worried about how I would attach my charms to it. XD

Guest isomaa

that's so smart. i never thought of that, and i always wanted to put my cell phone charms on my iphone.

thanks!!!~ :D :D

• 3 months later...

I wish I could do this for my iPhone, but my case is kind of thick. Well, it's still really slim, but the material is thick/tough, so it makes me sad that I can't do this TT-TT. Cool case though!

Guest tinatran_

i'll try this with a cover for any of my future phones. XD oh, and i think you can use a safety pin too, since it's easier to hold. =O

Guest rawr! :3

ouhh awesome idea. im going to do that next time.. but i always end up getting an iphone case with a hole already. but thanks for sharring.. def trying this next time :3

• 1 month later...
Guest xellekimx

That's a great idea! I'd love to have charms but I'm trying to stop my phone from being scratched even more. What's the point of having a cover then?

Archived