Did You Remain Friends After Dating Your Best Friend?

Guest xspringrollsx

Guest xspringrollsx

Seems like everyone I know doesn't remain friends after dating their best friends. I hope it isn't true for all cases. I just find it weird why you can't maintain the friendship if you guys got on so well in the first place unless of course the relationship didn't end well.

so yup, did you remain friends after dating your best friend?

Guest ShadowMax76

I just find it weird why you can't maintain the friendship if you guys got on so well in the first place unless of course the relationship didn't end well.

_ it's either one or the other who never thought of it as "just friendship". and once they satisfy the hunger they desired beyond friendship, they can't stand being so close to what they hunger for. and so leave.

and.. aha. of course relationships that start out spectacular

go down in spectacular flames. o0' i thought that was common place.

ah well. it's said that "once dated and still friends means someone's still in love" _ so.. m.

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

He was really cool as a best friend, but as a boyfriend he came possessive, jealous, and an immature drama queen.

After breaking up with him, it just became too awkward and I knew it was impossible to go back to the best friend stage.

Guest P a p e r_C l i p

I once heard that quote where it's

If two people can still be friends after a relationship, they're still in love or never were

Guest xspringrollsx

ah well. it's said that "once dated and still friends means someone's still in love" _ so.. m.

mmm true..

Guest ir3ni3

well it is much more difficult if one person chose to end the relationship (even if it wasn't necessarily on a bad note). it seems like once you get into the stage of being a couple, it is hard to go back to simply being friends and leave all your former feelings for them behind. i am not completely sure why it is so difficult but it usually seems easier to be friends with an ex that wasn't so close to you before the actual relationship.

Guest infinite*

He made an effort, while I was still affected by it.

After a few months we were back to normal though.

Guest oh tangerine x

I once heard that quote where it's

If two people can still be friends after a relationship, they're still in love or never were

i agree with that.

some still stay friends but probably not as close.

or one would still have feelings for the other.

Guest insanelyCRAZY

that's how it was like for me

..but after a year of not seeing eachother's faces or even bein in the same city as eachother

we've reverted back to being..not exactly being friends but just normal human beings that can interact with eachother w/o feeling awkward.

there was no hate, no love, no regret, etc.

maybe memories would flow back, but not enough to waver the heart.

-some people will never be friends again

-some people will be friends again

-and there are some who will only meet half way

-then there are some who become friends again and hook up again LOL!

i know various people in all the above 4 situations.

anybody follow me?

________________________________________________________________________________

also,

after that i set myself a rule to not date anybody within my group of friends, because if something happens, things between your friends won't be the same ever again.

im happy with my bf from a different school xD

****btw im referring to both serious and not-as-serious relationships.

Guest xspringrollsx

after that i set myself a rule to not date anybody within my group of friends, because if something happens, things between your friends won't be the same ever again.

im happy with my bf from a different school xD

That was a rule I had since early high school myself, but now I've been contemplating lately if that was a good rule or not. Ive missed plenty of opportunities now because of it and at the end I just thought I would forget the rule xD

Guest lifelovebeauty27

The only friend I ever dated... is now my husband (and best friend). I took the chance, knowing it might not work and knowing we might not be friends anymore, and I am so glad I did!

Guest kayara<3

we both changed after we started going out. he became somewhat suffocating, and i just got scared [it was my first relationship, and hence i felt really overwhelmed]. the breakup was mostly my fault; but i won't say it was ALL my fault. I think that because we both held the other in such high esteem, we ended up getting hurt even worse, if that makes sense. So... yeh, it was a messy breakup, and we haven't talked in nearly a year. he's had a couple of girlfriends since we broke up, and he's totally moved on, but i still feel sad about it... it was such a wasted relationship v.v

Guest S0URPATCH--

My first boyfriend was my best friend and since we had a lot of classes together this past year (although we were together two years ago o.o), we would try to be civilized and he'd always try to ask me out "discreetly" but I always denied him. I think he still had interest (not anymore, I don't think) in me but I had a new boyfriend so I didn't really care for the ex. Actually, even though he knew I had a bf, since we were long distance he thought it'd still be okay to ask me out. Good thing my bf at the time didn't know or else he would've destroyed him @_@

Guest shining_star-:

if i was dating&&i broke up with him, i would still remain friends with him;but it would be just to awkward.

Guest Kaze Hime

I dated my best friend once, and immediately after we broke up, we were kind of awkward towards each other. And it was still a bit awkward a year later, but now we're completely cool (2-3ish years later). No more awkwardness ! :) But we're definitely not much of a friend to each other now.

Guest AznSinger336

i remained best friends with my ex. we were on and off for like 3 or 4 years. we just realized it wasn't gonna work between us.

we still hang and stuff. i think our relationship as friends has growned alot.

Guest deviana

we kinda just stopped talking and then three years later I randomly apologized for my pinkberryiness but it's still very strained, when we talk it's good like nothing ever happened but it's not like how it used to be.

it sucks but iguess I'm just not those lucky ones who got to keep them as a friend :(

Well, we weren't best friends before we dated but after we broke up, we became best friends and became closer.

It was probably because we didn't last that long and we knew each other years and years before we dated.

Now we're all cool and we can talk about our past and laugh about it. I'm quite happy! :)

Archived