The Jolie-pitt Family

Guest Galchi

Guest <3Jaejoong

Angelina Jolie's Vanity Fair Interview - Highlights!

On her many kids: “Mad’s a real intellectual, which I can take no credit for genetically. He’s great at school, great at history. He feels like he could be a writer or travel the world and learn about places and things. Zahara’s got an extraordinary voice and is just so elegant and well spoken. Shiloh’s hysterically funny, one of the goofiest, most playful people you’ll ever meet. Knox and Viv are classic boy and girl. She’s really female. And he’s really a little dude.”

credit: justjared

aww there she's mentioned nothing of Pax =[

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sunny_dance

Angelina Jolie's Parade Interview - Highlights

angelina-jolie-parade-magazine-cover.jpg

Angelina Jolie is pure perfection on the latest cover of Parade, on stands this Sunday (July 11). Here’s what the 35-year-old actress shared:

On if her children are the reason she and Brad Pitt stay together: “The children certainly tie us together, but a relationship won’t hold if it’s only about the kids. You also must be really interested in each other and have a really, really wonderful, exciting time together. We do. Brad and I love being together. We enjoy it. We need it, and we always find that special time. We stay connected. We talk about it. It’s very important. If Brad and I are strong and happy, then our kids have happy parents, and that’s the best thing we can give them…. Brad knows me completely, exactly as I am, every part of me. He loves me. The kids love me. They know all my flaws and all my oddities. And they accept them. And so I can feel complete.”

On living for love: “I feel sad for someone who has never known love. Love elevates. You know, Brad would joke about me having this conversation about love. Love? It’s such a funny word. Brad can find certain phrases of poetry for it. I’m terrible at it. But I know it means wanting the best for the people you love, putting their interests above your own, always. Love does that. Love is what you live for.”

On her rebellious past: “I used to cut myself or jump out of airplanes, trying to find something new to push up against because sometimes everything else felt too easy. I was searching for something deeper, something more. I tried everything. I always felt caged, closed in, like I was punching at things that weren’t there. I always had too much energy for the room I was in.”

On her early roles in Hollywood: “I went through a period when I felt my film characters were having more fun than I was. It might partly explain why I ended up tattooed or doing certain extreme things in my life.” She points out an inscription on her arm, one of her 13 tattoos. “The wild heart caged. I unlocked my cage years ago. I want my children to have that freedom. I want that for other people, too.”

On the unrelenting media circus, the paparazzi: “We do everything we can to keep our kids away from it. We travel to places where the kids aren’t aware of that kind of thing. We try to give them a full life where they don’t have to come face to face with that world. With the paparazzi present, we’re careful when we leave the house. Other than that…” She laughs at the absurdity of it all. “We don’t stand in the checkout line at the grocery store looking at the magazines. Our friends don’t tell us about it. And our kids don’t know. I feel if we keep looking out for them, they’ll be fine.”

On balancing work and children with Brad: “He takes the kids to school; he visits me on set with the kids. I’m home for dinner, or I’m there for breakfast. We’re together all the time. We plan. Brad and I take time off between films to travel, have big experiences, do things together. That’s how we work it out.”

On being a happy homebody: “There’s never a period when Brad and I are pulled apart. We are not separated for more than three days, ever. We stay really connected. We actually don’t go out much. It’s funny. We’re very homebound. We’re very much Mommy and Daddy in our pajamas.”

On her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died in 2007 of ovarian cancer: “Mother never put herself first, ever. At the end, she said her greatest success was being a mother. I remember Mother singing in church. How pretty she was! I lit candles with her. She said she had missed nothing in life except getting to know her grandchildren. When she passed away, I brought my son to church to light a candle for her.” Angie’s eyes fill with tears. “Forgive me,” she says. “I loved her so much.”

Guest crashandburn

On her late mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died in 2007 of ovarian cancer: “Mother never put herself first, ever. At the end, she said her greatest success was being a mother. I remember Mother singing in church. How pretty she was! I lit candles with her. She said she had missed nothing in life except getting to know her grandchildren. When she passed away, I brought my son to church to light a candle for her.” Angie’s eyes fill with tears. “Forgive me,” she says. “I loved her so much.”

That last paragraph got me a bit teary-eyed. Angelina seems like a genuinly nice person.

Guest sunny_dance

Angelina Jolie: Press Junket & 'Parade' Extras!

angelina-jolie-promotes-salt-in-dc.jpg

Angelina Jolie leaves a press junket on Friday (July 9) in Washington, D.C. The 35-year-old actress spoke to the press about her new movie, Salt at D.C.’s Newseum.

Ang covers Parade magazine’s latest issue, and the mag released more excerpts from her interview today on Parade.com! Here’s what she had to share:

On avoiding the dangers of the movie business: “There are many people we’ve seen lost in this business because other people haven’t stopped to make sure they’re OK, you know? People are aware when others are breaking, but in this town they don’t tend to stop and help them. In the end, it costs a life. Part of the sadness in this business is that there are a lot of people in it looking for approval and love. I’m lucky because I was raised with so much love that I can take a lot of knocks and not take anything personally.”

On her opinion of religion: “I respect all religions. What I don’t respect is when people use religion to attack others. I’ve met people across the world, in the middle of nowhere, who are just trying to survive and all they have is religion. In some way it helps them, and I wouldn’t take it away from them. There are also people who use it to hate and kill. I don’t consider them religious people.”

On what her children are being taught to believe: “Brad and I are raising our children to respect everyone. We have a bookshelf in the house that has the Bible, the Torah, the Koran, everything. We will take our children to church, temple, Buddhist ceremonies, Mosques, teaching them about all faiths. Whatever religion they choose, the choice will be theirs.”

Guest sunny_dance

Angelina Jolie Defends Shiloh's Tomboy Style

071210_shiloh_angelina_shiloh_EXC-BRAD-PITT-KIDS-041B8AA.jpg

The mother of six calls her daughter’s clothing choices ‘fascinating!’

Angelina Jolie has come to the defense of daughter Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and her unique style choices saying she is happy to let her children express themselves and be who they are. “I think she is fascinating, the choices she is making. And I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not. I think that is just bad parenting,” the actress told Reuters.

Angie went on to say, “Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth. Society always has something to learn when it comes to the way we judge each other, label each other. We have far to go.”

credit: hollywoodlife

Guest sunny_dance

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Would Get Married – If the Kids Asked Them To

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have never made marriage a priority. But that could change with a request from a few special people. "I think it would be hard to say no to the kids," Jolie, 35, said Monday morning on ABC's Good Morning America in an excerpt of an interview airing Monday night on Nightline. But so far, it hasn't been an issue, as none of their six children seem to think it's a priority, either. "They're not asking," Jolie says. "They are very aware that nothing's missing."

Jolie, who stars in the new spy thriller Salt, touches on other aspects of her family in the interview, including whether it will get any larger. She and Pitt, 46, are torn about the issue – drawn to the idea of it, yet dreading how it would stretch them even thinner. "We always have this thing, first thing in the morning, where we're really, really tired, and we look at each other and we wonder, Are we ever going to get sleep?" the actress says. "And yet we still love the idea of having more children."

Offering a glimpse into their daily routine, Jolie says she's better at disciplining the girls, while Pitt is better at disciplining the boys. "I think girls and Daddy can just bat their eyes," she says. "And the boys, funnily enough, can kind of get me."

She also describes the pandemonium of the Jolie-Pitts at breakfast time. "We're like bartenders. We're like waiters," she says of herself and her actor-partner. "But we still, I think, are able to do it because we manage to have a great laugh. We do it together, and we find fun in it, and because of that, it doesn't matter if you don't get sleep. It's an honor to take care of them."

On the subject of love, Jolie is asked if Pitt is the love of her life – and if there is indeed one true love for anyone. "He makes me feel like there is," she replies. Asked if they'll grow old together, she doesn't hesitate. "Of course," she says. "We wouldn't have six children if we weren't absolutely sure of that."

credit: people

In other Jolie-Pitt news...HAPPY BELATED 2ND BIRTHDAY TO THE TWINS!

:D

brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-twins-venice.jpg

and...BRAD FINALLY SHAVES HIS BEARD!

:lol:

brad-pitt-moneyball-beard.jpg

Guest sugalicious_

Angie and Brad seem like great parents.

LOL IT'S ABOUT TIME BRAD SHAVED HIS BEARD! He looks SOOO much younger now !

he look handsome again lol xD

maybe he got a new movie

cant wait to see this 2 work together again

but i agree with what angie said that not everyone want to see a couple in a same movie as a lover maybe as enemy smth lol

Guest sunny_dance

Angelina Jolie Jolts A Man's World: Action Films

r3269729560.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The National Organization for Women should send Angelina Jolie a nice cheese basket (or vice versa).

The world's most famous Hollywood humanitarian might not have single-handedly erased gender inequality in the movie industry, but she sure has struck a major blow for actresses. How else to explain her $20 million payout for Sony's next big summer release, Salt, an action project that originally was written to star a man -- no less than Tom Cruise?

"It's definitely unusual that a female has become an action star," Salt producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura says. "But it's a funny thing. She's not a female action star; she's an action star. She's really the first female to transcend gender. I don't think it's occurred before."

To di Bonaventura's point, a star must be in some rarefied atmosphere when a lead role in a big studio action movie is rewritten from male to female. It's akin to the groundbreaking result when 25 years ago Jerry Bruckheimer had the white lead in the Beverly Hills Cop screenplay refashioned so it could star a 22-year-old black actor named Eddie Murphy.

Then again, given Jolie's track record, it's not so much of a stretch. In the past 10 years, she has starred in five action-dominated films that have averaged $124 million in domestic grosses. Worldwide, those grosses total nearly $1.5 billion. Again, that's just her action roles -- Wanted (2008), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003), Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) and Gone in 60 Seconds (2000).

The Philip Noyce-directed Salt, in which Jolie plays a CIA spook accused of foreign espionage who must go on the run, looks prepared to push that total upward when it opens next Friday. Industry tracking a week out has it opening north of $30 million, but its only competition that weekend is the kid-friendly Ramona and Beezus and the second week of Inception, which means interest is likely to spike as it gets closer to opening.

Wanted opened at $50.9 million against WALL-E two summers ago, and Smith opened at $50.3 million in 2005.

Sony also has her next project, The Tourist, a reworking of the 2005 French thriller Anthony Zimmer, which will open in February. That film pairs her with one of the most bankable actors in the world, Johnny Depp. As Elise, a femme fatale, Jolie gets to show off her sensual side and her active one when killers start chasing the patsy she has put in harm's way.

No actress in Hollywood history has been able to chisel out the supremacy Jolie has in a male-dominated genre. Actually, her achievement is bigger than that. Her standard deal, which she received for Salt and Tourist, is matched by only one or two other actors in the world, with $20 million up front, a hefty share of the profits plus other sizable ancillary benefits. She already was getting $15 million for Smith and Wanted.

"The fact that she is in the entertainment industry and can approach a male salary is an anomaly," says Lori Watson, director of women's and gender studies at the University of San Diego. "Maybe she can command a salary, but she can't break through the expectations that women are supposed to be beautiful and sexualized and fit a certain mold and behave in a certain way."

Over the years, mostly thanks to the efforts and vision of director James Cameron, audiences have been treated to a rare female lead who can handle herself in a gun or fistfight. Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in Aliens in 1986, Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2: Judgment Day in 1991, and Zoe Saldana and Michelle Rodriguez in Avatar last year all represented strong, confident women ready to knock some heads.

Kate Beckinsale and Milla Jovovich carved out B-movie franchises as action heroines in the fantasy-horror genre -- Beckinsale with Underworld and Jovovich with Resident Evil. And Cameron Diaz , Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore threw themselves into action camp with the successful Charlie's Angels movies -- but those were highly stylized three-handers, and all three thesps have since quickly retreated to more traditional roles. (Diaz did just jump on a motorcycle with Cruise in Knight and Day, but that has underperformed in North America.)

Television has been a better training ground for the female action archetype. Jessica Alba launched her career in Dark Angel (Cameron again!), Jennifer Garner was fierce as the college student/spy of Alias, courtesy of J.J. Abrams, and Joss Whedon birthed Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Sarah Michelle Gellar) and Dollhouse (Eliza Dushku).

It's notable that Garner dabbled in action on the big screen in Daredevil and its spinoff Elektra, but quickly returned to the world of romantic comedy when those failed. Alba suited up for the Fantastic Four movies but had very little to do. And while Scarlett Johansson's turn as Black Widow in Iron Man 2 looked promising, that was a small part and no one expects her to spend much more time in the blow-'em-up genre.

Other top actresses still command huge audiences in less surprising contexts. Sandra Bullock has reminded everyone that she can draw major bank, in feel-good drama (The Blind Side) and traditional romantic comedy (The Proposal). And Julia Roberts is likely to clean up in Eat Pray Love.

Like those women, Jolie also has an Oscar on her mantle, and a genuine yen to tackle challenging parts in adult dramas such as Changeling, A Mighty Heart and Girl, Interrupted, which got her that gold statuette (and an asterisk for oddest acceptance speech). But Jolie has also contributed her voice to three cartoons -- Kung Fu Panda, Beowulf and Shark Tale -- that have grossed another $1.2 billion worldwide.

Jolie's not bulletproof. She's had her misfires and middling movies (Taking Lives and Beyond Borders come to mind), but she's got the dramatic acting chops and the athletic prowess to sell herself in almost anything (though even her prestige movies don't always bring in the big bucks).

So what, precisely, can't she do? Well, just one thing, actually. Romantic comedy. She did try it once, in Life, or Something Like It in 2002, and the $14.4 million domestic gross sent a message she clearly noted.

"She's too strong, she's too forceful," says Hollywood historian David Thomson. "And that's not just her screen character. It's her public character, too. She's not got that sort of availability for romance. She isn't really sentimentally appealing. She needs to be doing strong things -- crazy things, sometimes -- to work on screen."

Put another way, Jolie is tough for female audiences to get behind. She's threatening. Whether accurate or not, many perceive even Jennifer Aniston to have been a victim of Jolie's sharkish charm after husband Brad Pitt became smitten with Jolie during the shoot for Smith.

"My feeling on the ground is at the beginning of that relationship a lot of women viewed her as a homewrecker," says Watson. "But since then, her charitable work, her adoption, her work with the U.N., and the work that they're doing in New Orleans and her public face as a mother appeals to a lot of women as a kind of person who has a completely supportive partner that a lot of women would like and don't have, and someone who can manage a family and a career and is committed to those mainstream values even if she lives in a very different, romanticized, Hollywood rich kind of way."

But how long can her appeal last? Her fans are beginning to slide more heavily into the over-30 crowd, away from the male teens who want to see her bend bullets and look at the camera over a naked, tattooed back. Sooner rather than later, they're going to want to see a new face (and naked back).

Perhaps Jolie is aware of this. Because now, at the pinnacle of her success, she is making noises that she might not be much longer for the business. "I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury," she recently told Vanity Fair . "But I don't think I'll do it much longer."

Jolie is only 35 years old. By the Indiana Jones standard, then, she's got another 30 years of running, punching and flipping ahead. Although she's trimmed her work commitments down to one film a year, she's got sequels to Salt, Wanted and even, possibly, Tourist to consider. Also, there's the Sleeping Beauty spinoff Maleficent, a new take on Cleopatra, the dark drama Serena for director Darren Aronofsky, and another potential franchise spun from the Patricia Cornwell character Dr. Kay Scarpetta, a sleuthing medical examiner.

If she did call it quits, is there anyone to carry the mantle if Jolie suddenly walked away?

"I don't see anybody right now," di Bonaventura says. "Will there be more female action heroes? There will be another one, yeah, I believe that. You look at these things as a progression. First they tried to mimic what a male action star was. And now with Angie , you're just letting her be what she is. We've gotten away from that male classification of what is an action star. And that means that will open possibilities for somebody else. You just needed somebody to break the ground."

Source: Reuters

Guest annieluvkattun

i really admire the whole family. hope they remain together forever.

just one hope that i want to angie to do. go eat a lot and pack up some pounds.

i think she will be a lot more beautiful than she already is if she has more meat on her.

Guest xSHADOW

Reading Angelina's answers to those questions put a smile on my face. I respect her way of parenting.

I love this family :).

I find myself smiling whenever I see Angelina & Brad's family. They're just really cute together (: And the way she answers all the questions are amazing. I like how her answers are straight from her heart <3

Guest sunny_dance

[20100719] Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt at SALT Premiere in Los Angeles

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-salt-premiere-10.jpg

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-salt-premiere-03.jpg

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-salt-premiere-08.jpg

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-salt-premiere-01.jpg

jon-voight-tcas-salt-premiere-06.jpg

jon-voight-tcas-salt-premiere-02.jpg

Angie’s dad and brother, actors Jon Voight and James Haven, also came out to support Angie. How sweet! ^_^

Guest sunny_dance

Angelina Jolie: My Kids Adapt to Any Environment

angelina-jolie-240.jpg

Whether enjoying their luxurious Los Angeles home or traveling to third world countries with their parents, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt‘s children — Maddox, 8½, Pax, 6½, Zahara, 5½, Shiloh, 4, and fraternal twins Knox and Vivienne, 2 — have learned to love it all.

“They like this house [in Los Angeles] because it has this pool. But they also love Cambodia because it’s got the fun places to throw rocks and cut coconuts and ride on elephants,” Jolie, 35, tells PARADE.

“They love Africa because the kids are really fun to play with and the nature is beautiful.”

Noting that she and Pitt “try not to spoil our children,” Jolie insists the family’s jet-setting ways have taught their brood to treasure what they do have — and sympathize with those who don’t.

“They spend time in Cambodia in a teeny hut and hang out with local children. They help me visit distressed areas. They have friends with no money. They also appreciate nice things,” the Salt actress reveals.

“We’re hoping that, organically, it will be in them to feel for people who do not have as much. They’ll be inspired to give and help people out because they’ll have close friends who don’t have as much. They won’t whine about things they want. And they won’t want more.”

And although strong friendships have been formed as a result of their travels, the proud mama raves the sibling bond — and general unity as a family — is what keeps them close.

“We’re a very close, very connected, very big family. The children talk to each other, and they look out for each other, and they have each other,” she says. “Yes, they have friends, but they also are very, very closely connected to each other.”

Still undecided on whether they will expand their family further, Jolie and Pitt realize their decision to adopt internationally has been brought under fire — but she insists their multicultural brood is what suits them best.

“Everybody likes to criticize people. It’s an uneducated moral snobbery. It shouldn’t matter where children are born,” she explains.

“When I first started working with refugees, people would say, ‘Why aren’t you helping these people and not other people?’ I simply looked to help. I make the choices I make because they’re the choices I feel are right. Becoming a mother was the most wonderful thing.”

credit: CBB@people

Guest sunny_dance

[20100722] Angelina Jolie Promoting SALT at Comic-Con

angelina-jolie-comic-con-salt-05.jpg

angelina-jolie-comic-con-salt-11.jpg

angelina-jolie-comic-con-salt-16.jpg

AJ looks READY TO KILL in all black. B)

Guest sunny_dance

Remember the breakup rumors a while back?

Well, they did something about it alright...

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Accept Damages from Newspaper

angelina-jolie-2.jpg

The parent company behind Britain's News of the World will pay an undisclosed sum to settle a lawsuit against the newspaper by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie that claimed the two were legally separating and had negotiated custody arrangements.

On Thursday, the couple's lawyer said in London's High Court that Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers accepted that its published allegations were "false and intrusive," reports the BBC.

In January, when the suit was filed, the couple's attorney, Keith Schilling, stated: "We can confirm unequivocally ... that the allegations published by the News of the World are false as well as intrusive."

Among the evidence in the case was a statement from the divorce lawyer reputedly cited in the original story. "I have never met. … your clients or had any involvement with either of them. The foregoing is true with respect to all other members of this firm," said his statement.

Pitt and Jolie, who this week were attending premieres for her new movie Salt, did not appear in court. Their attorney said News of the World would publish an apology and pick up Pitt and Jolie's legal costs and pay damages, which the couple intend to donate to their charitable Jolie-Pitt Foundation.

In other Jolie-Pitt news...

I'm glad to see THIS relationship on good terms.

How Jon Voight Stays Close to Angelina Jolie and His Grandkids

john-voight-240.jpg

Jon Voight was in proud-papa mode Monday at daughter Angelina Jolie's Salt premiere in Hollywood.

Soon, though, the Oscar-winning actor, 71, will be shipping out to Texas for the new TV show Lonestar, but he says the distance won't put a damper on the relationship he's building with his daughter and grandkids.

"It's hard for me to be away from my grandkids, yes, but I'll stay in touch with them," Voight told PEOPLE at a screening of show's pilot episode at the Paley Center in Los Angeles. "Thank god we have this technology, and you know, we use all of it."

Specifically, Voight means Skype – and he plans to use it to chat with Jolie, Brad Pitt and their kids. "We're just setting it up now," the actor says. "Anyway, I love being in touch with the family."

As for Jolie, with whom he had a famously fraught relationship, watching her in action in Salt was thrilling for Voight, who thought she elevated the action flick into something more gripping.

"Her work is terrific," he says. "And Angie, for some reason, has this emotional capacity to make every piece of this really authentic, 'cause it's really unreal stuff that they're doing. But that's the genre and she gives … another energy to it."

"She's very, very good," he says. "It's not like a novelty. She's really doing it."

One thing he admires about his daughter on screen: her versatility. "She's a really talented person with a very wide range and lots of interests," Voight says.

"It's interesting to talk to her about why she made the decision to this movie … She was nursing two babies at the time that she decided to do this role."

Such a beautiful family! They all look so happy =]

I cannot wait to see AJ new movie, SALT. It looks pretty good

And I seriously love her comment on other people criticizing her for adopting kids from other countries and not from the US.

“Everybody likes to criticize people. It’s an uneducated moral snobbery. It shouldn’t matter where children are born."

“When I first started working with refugees, people would say, ‘Why aren’t you helping these people and not other people?’ I simply looked to help. I make the choices I make because they’re the choices I feel are right. Becoming a mother was the most wonderful thing.”

Couldn't have said it any better.

Archived