Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Guest NO NAME?

Guest NO NAME?

Anime produced by BONES & Kinema CitrusTokyoMagnitude80full817294.jpg
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
http://tokyo-m8.com/

The premise of the project is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime will depict what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place.

The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yutaka at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yutaka strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hungrycollegeboy

I heard about this one. Looks pretty interesting. Totally stands out amongst all other anime for me.

I heard about this anime and read the summary on another site. It seemed interesting for me to watch. So, I watched the first episode and I'm definitely going to continue!

Are the episodes released weekly and it's subbed on the same day of each release?

Guest EHNerJI

it seems interesting so far (:

the main character is so.. depressing? LOL.

so negative hahaha but i really want to see what happens next >.<

Guest chiimin

i watched the first episode and loved it.

the first scene makes you wait until the episode ends to know what's happening.

also, the main character Mirai and I share the same personality. lol

Guest H i k a r i

I just finishing watching the first

episode and i really liked it.

I can relate to the main character.

I'm going to continue watching it!

I almost started crying at the end

when Mirai was calling out for Yuuki. I have

younger sisters close to Yuuki's age.

Guest EHNerJI

The first episode was very slow (well, the first half before I couldn't take it anymore).

Does it get better later? Like instead of showing all of the events that led up to what the opening had shown.

um, the first episode itself IS a bit slow,

but it gets a bit more 'exciting' i suppose at the end of the episode.

i'm still a bit confused as to where it will go as of now,

but i guess i'll just have to wait and see lol.

of course now they have to figure out what to do with the earthquake,

so i'm just hoping the rest of the episodes will move faster.

more action would be nice (: -waits for next ep-

Guest Take Five

also, the main character Mirai and I share the same personality. lol

i don't think that's a good thing lol. it was pretty accurate for a teenage girl though.

Guest EHNerJI

^ haha

yay. episode 2 released -watches now-

i like the opening song O.o;

edit- okay, i finished episode 2.

definitely more happens in this episode xD

episode 1 is basically just background info on the characters

(i think it's possible to actually skip this ep

and still follow along with the story in episode 2)

but yeah, it's a bit different than my normal taste

(it's basically a lady helping them back to their home after the earthquake?)

but hopefully i'll actually finish this series XD

Guest NO NAME?

Are the episodes released weekly and it's subbed on the same day of each release?

Yes. Episodes are released weekly on Thursdays (JP). I'm pretty sure subs are released the day after on Fridays.

Just finished the second episode. It's sad. Almost cried when Mirai found Yuuki. :tears:

Judging from the ED, I think that Mirai and Yuuki end up living with Mira that is if their parents didn't survive the earthquake. If that happens, I wonder if they give her the flower (As seen in the first episode, this is suppose to be a birthday present for their mother).

Looking forward to how things will develop.

Guest chiimin

i don't think that's a good thing lol. it was pretty accurate for a teenage girl though.

unfortunately, that's how i really am. i know it's not the best way to be but i can't change... - -

mirai and yuuki = me and my nephew. hah.

the episode 2 was awesome!! finally things happened.

i almost cried watching it.

actually i wish the 3rd main character was a man.. every anime needs hot men.

Guest eternal_bliss

I just started watching this. The first episode was kind of boring so I basically skipped over that part. But it's getting more interesting. I just really like the whole premise of this anime.

Guest Shinhwa LoVe

i started watching this after a friend recommended it to me, and i must say that the graphics are really good, the storyline is well written as well, i was in tears while watching the 2nd ep. it's a very emotional/meaningful anime...

So I decided to skip the first episode and go straight to the disaster, and I'm confronted by another challenge:

Mirai pisses me off. How can anyone be so pessimistic? Just watching her makes me want to throw a hammer at my screen.

"I'm not a kid"

Stop acting like one >_>

Guest Take Five

^if you ask me, i think that's probably the point of this show. her character developing and maturing during the course of the disaster, not michael bay-styled explosions and whatnot. kinda like seirei no moribito(motorcycle lady even kinda looks like balsa). it's probably why the 1st episode did nothing but mostly establish her character.

Guest knockblock

Mirai. All I get from her in that first episode is "my life is boring" that she lets off. It's still early in the series. There is still more to come in seeing how she evolves through the crisis.

Whatever that older lady's name is. She is a bit too nice to the brother and sister.

^if you ask me, i think that's probably the point of this show. her character developing and maturing during the course of the disaster, not michael bay-styled explosions and whatnot. kinda like seirei no moribito(motorcycle lady even kinda looks like balsa). it's probably why the 1st episode did nothing but mostly establish her character.

I guess, but I've already gotten into the "I hate her! I hope a building falls on her!" phase lol

Especially ep 3 where she lucked out. LOL darn.

I'll probably try to take it from a different perspective in the coming episodes so I can enjoy it (cause the explosions are definitely flashy).

Guest EHNerJI

^ LOL. well i thought it was funny how she was all like "i'm not a kid D<"

and the she got separated from them haha. she needs to stop with the tough act :x

but yay~ episode 3 was more exciting xD

Archived