[soompi] Sm Audition Experience Account

Guest nekochan92

Guest hanheeyoung12

nighmare_carousel said: I went to the global auditions in LA on the 28th and was part of the very last group. I noticed that they didn't seem to care much...I keep reading these accounts here about judges smiling at certain people or asking some to sing more songs or something but nothing of the sort happened out of the 23 of us and there were at least three *incredible* singers. All they did was let each person sing through as much of their song as they knew (sometimes it was a chorus and verse, sometimes almost a whole song) before moving to the next person. They never even stopped the people who were pretty terrible. I feel like we all weren't even given proper consideration or something ; ~ ;

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SMProdigy

안녕하세요!

So today, I attended the SM Monthly Audition in LA, USA!!!

And I will now share my experience with you guys :D

My memory is SUPER CLEAR so you guys can trust everything I say below :)

So first, I got to the building like at 1:54 p.m. (on the 3rd floor) and the door opens at 2:00 p.m. so I waited for 6 minutes and there was already 4 people waiting outside. Then the lady, who will be the judge in the audition room, came and open the door for us. On the counter will be a stack of registration papers. You just take one and a pen and fill in all the info, when you are done you just give it to the lady (remember to sign at the signature blank xD) and she'll tell you to wait until she calls you. I was the first one the turned the paper in (shame on me -_-) so after about 15 minutes she called me in with 4 other people as the first group. And the TV playing SM music was too loud -_- so I couldn't warm up (quietly) properly :(. By when I was called in there was already 20 people in the waiting room! My group was me, two other girls who is older than me -_- and two tall - really tall dudes. The lady lead us inside the waiting room, it looks like a practice room -- mirrors on three walls and posters in the back wall. We lined up along the blue tape against the posters wall. The camera was those small rectangular ones - which I find interesting xD, it is set up on the table the lady sits.  Firstly, the lady will call your name and give you a sticker number and then might ask several questions to some certain people to clear up what might be vague in the form. Next, she will ask if anyone had attend an SM audition before. She will then explain how the audition will works: 

1. Introduce Yourself - You say your NAME, AGE, and then YOUR STICKER NUMBER. Next will be your SCHOOL and GRADE (If Not In College Yet) and state your TALENT (sing/dance/rap)

2. Show Your Talent - If you are singing or rapping then you will recite the chorus or highlight of a song (there will be a rare chance of you being ask to sing a different song) If you are dancing then it will be free-styling to a random song played (you will be instructed how to not cross a certain boundary so the camera can get a hold of you ^^) 

Something was different this time. In other experience blogs I read about said that you will have to stand in front of a seperate tape near to the camera. This time we just stay where we are and the lady will just position the camera towards you. I was first in line (the order goes from left to right) so I went first. I introduced myself after the lady gave a cue (a really weird cue lol) and sing a song (you can stop whenever you want-but don't sing the whole song lol). After I finished the lady fixed the camera to the next person in line and gave him a cue and so on. After everyone finished we did the rhythm test to Britney Spears's "3". We were instructed to clap to the beat or just freestyle (staying in one spot because there isn't even space xD). Luckily, I knew the song so well (A Britney Spears Hardcore Fan) so I knew the beat and how it goes and clap proudly ^^. So if you know the song, in the beginning there will be claps at the beat -- very easy anyone can do this. The guy next to me start freestyle clapping and did unnecessary but impressive claps to the beat. Everyone else including me just clapped to the simple beat :) After that the lady explained to us how it will take 2 months for a response if you pass the audition (and how they even text you now xD) and if you didn't get any response you are welcome to come back and audition again. She also told us about an incident that happened at KCON -- that there was a man, white and Caucasian, his name is >•< I can't remember well but it is like Bernie or something and he is DISGUISING AS AN SM SCOUTING PERSON AT KCON - And unfortunately was kidnapping girls...They have reported him but haven't caught him yet :3 Yeah...So just something to warn ya

SO IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK ME FOR THE UPDATED AND TRUE INFO :D

Archived