[soompi] Sm Audition Experience Account

Guest nekochan92

Guest nekochan92

wow that great but I mean if I dont speak korean cause I am chinese how can I do? can I have a chance too??? for yg you send them an english and an korean song but like I dont speak korean do I need do sing a korean song..I can try but I mean I will be very bad at it and I didnt want cause I dont speak korean to affect my audition.

For YG, you MUST sing two songs, and they MUST be: one korean song, and one pop (english) song.

I think even if you aren't fluent, you'd have to sing a korean song...I mean if you're going to be working in Korea...

you have to speak korean! :D

hi its me again (well I send you a PM ) thanks a lot for your answers. I just want to know that about how many dollars you paid for the mail delivery ...cause you live in london and I live in montrea, canada so it cause a lot,,,, and how heavy it is (.....g...kg....lbs)

well thanks again post news if you make it or not for yg and sm and if you want to share some demos that you make for yg and some pictures it will be nice, cause I really want to hear you sing..(if you dont want to publish it like this well you can send PM tru my box too. and I can send you by MP my demo too.

oh well...i don't know how much it was, I sorta didn't check. It wasn't heavy or anything, it was just a CD and an application form. I'm sure it wouldn't cost much, it wasn't really a parcel, more like a medium sized letter?

I hope I've explained this well enough...;;

and a video recording...I'm in Korea at the moment, and all my stuff is back in London, on my desktop...

gahhh...

I'll try and post something up later when I get back.

but er, feel free to send your demo if you want.

can i hera you sing too?

hehe... even though i'm a guy, i just wanna hear in general what they're looking for.

still gonna use my own spice at the auditions though :P

gratz on passing the 1st round! hope u make it!

Sorry, as I told saraxx...all my stuff is back in london, I'm borrowing my aunt's notebook right now.

I'll try and post something up.

maybe a picture?

haha :)

Hi, if you don't mind, could you please post up a video or something of your singing? I would really appreciate it keke =) and wow, what an experience! Good luck!

Thank you!

and sorry, my recordings are back in London, and I'm in Korea right now...

gosh if I knew how many people would be interested in hearing me sing, I would have brought some with me...;;

OTL

if you wait, I'll post some up when I get back to London. :D

Man, I wish I could go to Korea somehow. xD

Hms, if I don't speak Korean at all, would they still let me pass round 1 if I'm good enough?

Do they speak English? o______0

Or maybe..I should just try global auditions. xD

if you came, I would be happy to meet up with all of you!

haha

They probably do speak english...Korean ppl like learn english in preschool and onwards.

I'm sure they would understand you :)

If you are what they are looking for, then of course you would pass round 1~

Man I wish global auditions would come to London...

I auditioned on 27th June...haha saturday open audition!!! LEt's pray for the best!!!!!!

YES LET'S!

hope both of us get in!

hi, i'm going to audition on 18th july,, ive already ask sm by email if there is audition on that saturday or not,, but i've got no relplay XD anyone know that there is weekly audition on that day,, because there sm artist concert (super junior) XD sorry stupid question but i just want to know,, because its quite expensive for me o go to seoul XDDD

thank you,,,, ^ ^

I think Saturday auditons are ALWAYS on unless there is some big accident or something in SM.

Even when the past president committed suicide and it was his funeral, the public auditions were still held, so

I see no reason in cancelling for a concert!

If you're coming to Korea, may I ask how old you are? Are you coming on ur own? WOW...

i went to a global audition in the USA

and i made a documentary style explanation video if you're interested

:D

it was fun watching it~

ooh ur so lucky!

umm.. do you think if i sent a email to sm would they tell me to like come there too?

but i live in Canada so will that work?

lol srry im a noob at this xD thanks!

erm... honestly I don't know, but you should send them an email and find out!

If you live in Canada, they might say that you should go to the global auditions when they happen next year, or whenever the auditions will be held.

XD

hey so just making sure, you got accepted through a private audition just by sending them your pictures, as well as your application form? So you didn't send them any sort of recording at first?

yes, just pictures attached to my application form.

And I didn't send them any sort of recording, and they just told me to come to the auditions,

and try out.

But apparently you are meant to send recordings and videos, as then you are more likely to pass!

hope I helped~

XOXO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahaha07

I think Saturday auditons are ALWAYS on unless there is some big accident or something in SM.

Even when the past president committed suicide and it was his funeral, the public auditions were still held, so

I see no reason in cancelling for a concert!

If you're coming to Korea, may I ask how old you are? Are you coming on ur own? WOW...

mmm ok thank you for your answer,,

because my korean still not good enough i'll going with my friend,, (although both of us still not fluent in korea XDDD)

Guest jenny620

For YG, you MUST sing two songs, and they MUST be: one korean song, and one pop (english) song.

I think even if you aren't fluent, you'd have to sing a korean song...I mean if you're going to be working in Korea...

you have to speak korean! :D

hi wellif you have your pictures please show us ...so like you didnt e-mail themany demos that mean that your the right look they are searching for..right? so sm do matter looks alot??? and for yg did you went to the audition if yes share your experience and if you got any replay from sm or yg tell us even if you didnt make is cause its so great to have someone to talk with who past the first round and wish all my luck

• 1 month later...

you should post a picture of you :)

and im so happy for you. if only i could get that far.

ive tried out for jyp 2 times but everytime, I failed.

this year, im going to be more serious and try out for sm.

thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Amethist

Thank you for your story :)!!

Woah so it is possible to do auditions when you live in Europe, darn if I knew that I would have already auditioned 2 years ago :x..

Anyway good luck with your future auditions, you made it far in your SM audition so you have a good shot of making it :D!! And 16 is a really young age indeed ( I'm 19 myself)..

Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this. Ignore this.

• 1 month later...
Guest laughwest101

After 2days, I got a reply asking me to come to the 'secret' or 비공개 or non-public auditions held on Sunday.

However the date was the 28th June and this was the day that I was coming to korea so obviously I couldn't make it.

I sent another email asking to change the date to 5th July and soon after they sent another reply that told me that

that was fine.

The email also consisted of what to do in preparation for the audition which was to practice 2 songs (korean)

and that was it. (there was more info if you werent singing but I'll leave that out)

so I was happy cuz id passed the first round of auditioning!

XOXO

Wow, you got in just with pictures? I know this sounds weird, but can I see the pictures you sent them? Like, either here or at lizi.french@yahoo.com

XD I'm just really curious, because it's amazing that you passed the first round like that in an email. :D I think I'm going to try and email them too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cho2_2701

hi...

i want to join audition too but now i'm in Melbourne..TT

do you have any suggestion for me?

and also..I can't speak korean at all..

but i really want to be K-pop singer..i really do..

now i'm preparing for online audition for JYP..for SM do I have to sing full song? and also for scan picture does it mean like ID picture?

i wish i can live in korea so it will be easier for me to auditioned..><

Guest Jan-Ken-Pon

hey

thanks for the info~ ^^

I'm relieved that they check their email hehe

I'm planning to send my email audition tomorrow~

.. it's the whole seeing if I'm gonna get an email back that I'm dreading lol

XD

ahh, they really should come London hmph. ^^

• 1 month later...
Guest lisayang01

Hi,

So first of all I'd like to begin with a big hug for all of us

who wish to enter the entertainment industry, wherever we are around the world!

I am quite shy in soompi so you probably won't have seen me around, at least not in the auditions section!

therefore...i shall introduce myself:

Name: Hyunji

Height: 5"4.5

Living in: London (but currently visiting relatives in Korea)

Ethnicity: Korean 100% :D

Languages: fluent in korean english french and spanish (like actually)

Auditioned for: SM ent. (singer) and will be going to JYP and YG when i'm free.

I think that should be enough...

Anyway, I'm putting my experience up as I know from experience how frustrating it can be to

find out information about auditions particularly as we all live abroad!

Plus I wanted to clear any rumours about the audition process for SM ent.

so here goes and hope this helps! :D

----------------------------------------------

So I had been interested in auditioning since I was around 14 or so, quite late considering how many primary

school kids in korea flock to the auditions every saturday. But even 14 was too early for me, and though I went to

Seoul to visit my relatives with my family that year, I refused to audition. Looking back, it was a shame, as I found

out from my mother this year when i told her about auditioning, that even at the tender(?) age of 16, I am rather late

in going into training and debuting as many trainees have been training for many years already.

This doesn't mean that I am TOO late, as 16 is not old (if we said that 16 was old to someone in hollywood they'd

probably snort and laugh at us...). It's just that as many of you know, the korean music industry somehow has

developed this fetish for idols and jailbait...

Still...my parents would know, (my dad is a close friend of a famous PD in korea...) and if they said that my age was

okay,

I thought I would go for it this year (16years old).

I soon found out about Sm through the internet, and decided that I didn't want to wait in line for 3-4 hours on a

saturday afternoon outside in Apgujung...so I chose to send an email in instead. (yes this is the email audition option)

I did what it told me to do on the website, I filled out my details and then I attached 3pictures, (facex2 and 1 body)

and since I didn't have a recording I just sent the email straight away to Sm ent. Oh, just for reference I used my

Daum mail account.

After 2days, I got a reply asking me to come to the 'secret' or 비공개 or non-public auditions held on Sunday.

However the date was the 28th June and this was the day that I was coming to korea so obviously I couldn't make it.

I sent another email asking to change the date to 5th July and soon after they sent another reply that told me that

that was fine.

The email also consisted of what to do in preparation for the audition which was to practice 2 songs (korean)

and that was it. (there was more info if you werent singing but I'll leave that out)

so I was happy cuz id passed the first round of auditioning!

On the 5th July (audition day) :D

I woke up did everything as normal, dressed and then my dad at around 1ish took me to 'Everysing' which is where

SM holds auditions, I went in and they told me to wait at the back with the rest of the auditionees.

There were 21 of us including me.

After a while at around 2pm, a lady took us down in to one of the rooms in the basement (Everysing is a karaoke

place btw) and we all waited and the lady gave us a form to fill out and told us the rules of auditioning, and then gave

us number labels.

**She told us that pop songs were not allowed. But then I asked her, as I'm much more comfortable singing in

English as I've lived abroad all my life, if I was allowed to sing a pop song and she replied yes, if that is more

comfortable for me.**

As I said there were 21 of us, and I happened to get the last one! :o

so she took the ppl in groups of 10 and then 5 stood outside and sung or w/e they do.

I thought the auditions were held in another room but actually its just outside in the hallway where there's a really low

stage.

Anyway you can hear what everyone is singing/judges are saying.

Most ppl just got cut off - i heard some awful off key singing.... :lol:

A small girl cried cuz she was scared i think...

Anyway so when the lady came back and the ppl 1-10 left, she said

"okay so ppl from 11-20"

And i was like WTF.

because I was no.21, and so that meant that I was going to be auditioning - alone.

so basically i was freaking about that, and when they all went out, i was like hyperventilating,

just going crazy, so then i drank some water (WATER IS A MUST!!!)

and calmed down.

after they all went, she came to get me and I stood on the stage. There were two women and the lady who led me

there. One was sitting and writing notes and the other was at the camera with the lady just standing and watching.

The notes lady told me to rake my hair back and behind my ears and stand in the middle of the stage.

She told me to sing, so I sang Umbrella by Rihanna.

"You had my heart and we'll never be worlds apart...ectectect"

The notes lady (sorry;;) said, "Can you sing another song?"

So I sang Navi's "A broken heart" (마음이 다쳐서)

My voice is really loud, and it sort of got amplified by 100 because I was nervous so they all kind of looked shocked

at me...

i was like OTL...

anyway, so after wards she asked me a couple of questions like,

1. How long have you lived abroad?

2. So you live in London?...are you here because school's finished?

3. How long is the Summer holiday? When does it end?

So I answered them, and then she just nodded and wrote stuff down,

and then she told me she was going to start the Rhythm test.

The song was Rihanna (haha)- Disturbia

So i did my thing, shook about and pranced around on stage,

and then after my dance was over, she said "Thank you, that will be all"

"You may return back home now."

and so I left.

When i was leaving I'm sure i heard something like, "So A is definitely a yes right?"

but i don't know who she was referring to...WHO IS 'A'????

I hope that was me...but that's pretty unlikely...MEH :(

So I hope this was helpful,

and btw Sm does reply to email auditions, trust me.

AUDITIONS ARE FUN!!!

kekeke

ill be going to JYP next, and YG has sent me an email back so I shall be visiting there soon too!

Hopefully, I'll get in to Sm or JYP or YG!

That would be awesome!

Questions are welcome~

XOXO

so you've auditioned for YG already??....and how was it??.... im sorry, i'm just curious..haha...

• 1 month later...
Guest nekochan92

i have a really full inbox full of ppl asking me about auditions so although this thread is dead i will answer here.

sorry this is so late, i have been on hiatus!

for those who want to listen to me sing...erm embarrassing but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7XWCcpDaE

i have a cold btw so excuse the off tone nasall-ness...

RE the sm auditions, i went back to call backs a round a weeek or two later,

they asked me to sit down, and interviewed me again, took some pictures, and then asked me to sing a song.

I sang "the end of the road"...

and then that was pretty much it.

she asked me how much i weighed...and i sort of died a little inside when she said i was too heavy...boo her

for yg, i couldn't go as my dads side of the family took me away on holdiay in korea to the seaside,

i was so sad!!! but i couldn't help that.

for jyp, i went to the centre auditions in korea,

there were a heck of a lot of ppl there.

Theres an interesting story about this but i have to go sleep as i have rowing at 7 30 tomorrow morning!!

i shall be back i promise and pls post qstions here!

sorry for the rushed answers!!!

X

Guest DuckieK

Wow they ask for your weight during the interview and actually said that you were too heavy? Jesus christ SM >.>

I think they care a lot for girls' weights, but not so much for guys. Still, I think they went a little overboard.

Guest squattingduck23

They said you weighed too much?!!? whhaattt?! ridiculous.. how did Shindong get in thenn o.O

you prob only weigh like 50 to 52kg right?! that's stupid.. -_-'

thanks for sharing your experience, seemed pretty fun! haha

when I read about you being auditioned alone, I even fell nervous in my stomach for you xD

Guest nekochan92

ahh yeah, im like around 51 ish so i guess you could say i was chubby...

meh

anyway just a quick post cuz my video got deleted so sucky youtube

but i put some new ones up!

so here:

acoustic gee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLGbu7dHbI

gee dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGAb5UTg68

oh also anyone excited about oh! ?

the teaser has me gripped lol.

have any of you auditioned by any chance?

XOXO

Guest mizgen17

OMG!! they seem interested in you xD

good luck for JYP and YG!! i really wanna get in JYP or YG too...but i'm busy for my GCSEs

yay!! another Londoner kekeke

where about's do u live??

Archived