Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest firefree

also we're still in need of korean as well as chinese translators (i.e  korean-english, chinese-english) if you want to assist the international epik high fandom that is growing day by day please email us at icaruswalksnet@gmail.com asap thanks

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"K-Pop Mixtape: Let's Grab A Cup Of Coffee
K-Pop Mixtape: Let's Grab A Cup Of Coffee

Sitting in a cafe with a nice latte: maybe you are reading a good book or sketching in your notebook. You might even be catching up on the latest episode of your favorite K-Drama.

But what to listen to? Don't fear! Another K-Pop Mixtape to the rescue!

This mixtape is full of some of the best coffee-themed K-Pop tracks out there, and was inspired by Kim Hyun Joong's groovy new Japanese single, "Cappuccino" - which just so happens to be first on the list!

Epik High - "Coffee" (2010) Epilogue

full article at http://

bit.ly/ZG4wVb

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"K-Pop Mixtape: Happy Father's Day!

Sunday, June 16 is Father's Day in the US and to celebrate we are bringing you a collection of some of the best K-Pop songs dedicated to dads.

Why not play them for your own father?

Epik High (feat. Jisun) - "Pieces of You" (2008) Pieces, Part 1

more dad songs at http://

bit.ly/11JC6r0

Guest firefree

[121024] Epik High's interview with MK news

Epik High's interview with MK news
Source
Translation by: akdong@icarus-walks.net

image_readtop_2012_691456_1351032375759185.jpg

The past 3 years have been dark for hip-hop group Epik High (Tablo, Tukutz, Mithra Jin). TaJinYo’s persistent allegations towards Tablo’s Stanford degree have proved to be tough on the members. Tablo’s wounds have been especially serious. “I can't make music anymore,” he thought. The members of TaJinYo have recently been taken to court for defamation, and have been sentenced to prison. Epik High is now preparing for their new album, 99.

On the 23rd in Seoul, Hapjeong-dong at YG Entertainment, Tablo stated, “It’s been hard because I feel that the music we've produced so far has become a mockery because of me. The truth that I've caused harm to the members hurts. I want to thank the people who have endured through this ordeal with me.”

As soon as questions about the TaJinYo incident came out, Tablo said, “let’s rest for 1 minute”, and avoided the questions. A sense of how deeply Tablo was hurt is able to be gleaned from the title song, ‘Don’t Hate Me’. “They only pick on me, turning mistakes into faults/the world hammers on my mouth/as if I'm a nail/only tears leak through the holes in my heart. [Don't Hate Me lyrics]”

“I've thankful that I've been able to overcome such an experience. I truly am thankful for both ‘love’ and ‘hate’. Because of what happened, I've learned to cherish the people around me. I've come to stop thinking about negative things,” said Tablo.

“I've thought back to a time when I was happy. It didn't matter when we [Epik High] didn’t earn money in the beginning. We flew in the past…we can't fly right now, but we made this album while keeping the thought that we’re at least running.” (Tablo)

Coincidentally, the day the interview was held was the day of Epik High’s 9-year-anniversary. To commemorate, they've included 9 songs in their album, 99.

“Because we're releasing an album after 3 years, it feels like we're rebooting; like we're starting anew,” said Tukutz.

“These 3 years have felt like 30 because of everything that happened. Next year is our 10-year-anniversary. We’re going around to clubs to self-promote, like we did when we first debuted.” 

Guest firefree

[121031] Epik High interview with TVREPORT

Epik High “Every day for the past 9 years has felt like a rollercoaster”

[121031] Epik High interview with TVREPORT

Source
Translation by: akdong@icarus-walks.net

Please take out with credit & comment at least a “thank you” on the original thread to show your appreciation towards the translator’s work 

Tablo, Mithra Jin, and Tukutz all together make up the hip-hop group, ‘Epik High’. Having debuted on October 24th, 2003, they’re looking to release their 7th album, and after working diligently and faithfully, they are arriving at their 9thanniversary later this year.

In the past 3 years, although they haven’t been making music, the years have been spent busily. Tablo and Tukutz have reconnected with their families and Tukutz and Mithra Jin have served in the military. They’ve untangled the twisted threads, and now even have matching outfits.

Likes and dislikes of the 7th album, the truth..

Mithra Jin: Isn’t this album jacket a bit childish? It’s actually glowing.

Tablo: I guess you’re right. But since the fans support us by waving the CD around, they’d be sad if we couldn’t see in the dark. We’re just supporting their means of supporting us. Other fans have light sticks, so we should at least prepare something like that for ours.

Tukutz: I heard fans divided themselves into two groups: ones who like this album and ones who don’t.

Tablo: Our albums were always like that. This album really captures that feeling of the teenage years. All we really did was go back to the mid-1990s.

Tukutz: That’s right. I always did like old school hip-hop.

Mithra Jin: In the 1990s, I liked the 80s music you heard in skating rinks.

Tablo: If you think about it, if we’re the kids in the 90s, then Yang(HyunSuk) is like the high school principal. (laughs)

Tukutz: There’s been a lot of prejudice towards our album since we’ve joined YG Entertainment. Honestly, if people didn’t look at the credits, they’d say that Epik High has still retained their color.

Tablo: You’re right. They’re too aware of the co-producing. Only the concept has changed; fans will recognize that our essence hasn’t changed.

Tablo: We’ve especially had our part in the title song, ‘Don’t Hate Me’. That’s why the empathy is so high. I’ve dumped my feelings of loneliness and hate into the song. Anyone could experience these feelings – at work, at school; ‘why do they only hate me?’ ‘why do they only bother me?’ I’ve wanted to directly tell these people that it’ll all turn out okay in the end. At least one person will always stand by you.

Debuted 9 years ago; feelings of riding a rollercoaster

Tablo: It’s already been 9 years since our debut. The fans probably feel the same way we do. If I were to turn back time, I’d say that every day was like riding a rollercoaster. There’s probably no other team that’s had as many ups and downs as we’ve had. There are a lot of bad memories. I’m just thankful for our fans.

Mithra Jin: Happiness, anger, sadness, joy..

Tukutz: We’re an eventful team.

Tablo: So in the end, we’re only different by words? (laughs)

Tukutz: We’re the people who couldn’t even plan for the next day, and we’re already at our 9th anniversary

Tablo: In 2003, it was strange to think that we released an album under our name. We didn’t know what it was to do well. We didn’t know what rankings or sales were. We were just glad that our songs played on the radio.

Tukutz: It feels like we’re rookies again because we’re releasing an album after a 3 year hiatus.

Tukutz: When were you the most happy during these 9 years?

Mithra Jin: There’s a lot of moments, but I’d have to say when ‘Fly’ ranked first. There was a sense of accomplishment when these kids who performed in Hongdae reached the top.

Tablo: I’m the happiest right now. There have been hard times, but I like this feeling of being able to start again.

Tukutz: Next year’s our 10th anniversary. Have you thought about what we’ll do to commemorate it?

Tablo: A 10th anniversary is a heavy number. Because it’s a huge chance, rather than a specially planned event, we’re going to dream. Rather than celebrating a 10th anniversary, we need to gather our fans because we’ve been inactive for so long. We’ll return to the mindset of a rookie and do our best in the remaining year.

Dusting off the past 3 years

Tablo: I felt the most sorry to you two while I was trying to overcome past problems. You weren’t able to work because of me. I could’ve overcome it on my own, but you guys also.. I think that’s why I immersed myself even more in my music. I signed with YG Entertainment through Hyejung (wife), and YG gave us an opportunity. Although I released a solo album, I’m happier with the members. Because of you, I’ve let go of my negative emotions.

Tukutz: Let’s go ahead and do everything we couldn’t do, like preparing for our next CD; performing at clubs.

Tablo: I want to do a high-school-festival/club tour. Since Tukutz and I are married, the only ethical way for us to go to clubs is through performances. (laughs)

Mithra Jin: You two husbands are causing me damage. People are telling me that they thought I was already married.

Tablo: Oh yeah, Mithra. You’re not saying much today. You usually talk the most amongst ourselves. You’re usually so witty. Where did your ‘Ad-lib Talent’ go?

Tukutz: He was told in a recent interview that he spoke too many unnecessary words. Maybe he’s still sulking. (laughs) 

Mithra Jin: I’ll show my ‘Ad-lib Talent’ in some other broadcast.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Brainiest K-pop Idols

BRAINIEST K-POP IDOLS

K-pop idols may have the dance and vocal skills to score high on the music charts, but behind the entertainment facade, there's a handful of artists who are also intelligent human beings. Here's a list of the brainiest idols in K-pop!

82660.jpg

Let's start with our one and only K-pop Stanford graduating veteran idol, Tablo of Epik High. WIth an IQ of over 160, the "Umbrella" singer is one of the most well-known brainiacs in the Korean entertainment industry. Tablo once completed a complicated IQ test in a mere 11 seconds. The test says whoever finishes the problem in less than 20 seconds possess an IQ of around 170 which in laymen terms, means you're darn smart!

full article at http://

bit.ly/159R9hX

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"K-Pop Celebrities and their Non-Famous Siblings Part III

Epik High's Tablo has an older sister and brother who are just as intelligent as he is. His sister, Lee Sun Joo, graduated from Cornell University and became a lawyer. His older brother, Lee Sun Min, graduated from Columbia University and attempted to debut as an actor in Korea. Mama Lee and Papa Lee must be a proud duo. 

83197.jpg

full article at http://bit.ly/122WlAj

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Kpop Alumni: 'I Went to College in the States'

I WENT TO COLLEGE IN THE STATES

While most K-pop idols are busy popping out performance after performance, music video after music video, and variety show after variety show, some do make the time out to ensure they get their education in check. Most idols get their degrees in Korea, some have hit up schools in the states to get their diploma. Here are a list of K-pop idols who possibly went to a school near you!

Epik High's Tablo is well known for being a graduate of the prestigious Stanford University. He received a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature and a Master's in Creative Writing. Tablo faced massive controversy when a two fan sites claimed that the hip-hop icon was lying about his degrees from Stanford. Crazy netizens claimed that it was impossible for Tablo to gain both a BA and Masters in just 3 1/2 years and demanded to unveil the truth. The truth was soon unveiled and many were arrested and jailed for their false accusations.

84323.jpg

full article athttp://bit.ly/1aQdQvG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 33px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 34px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; border: 0px none;"2NE1-Son Dam Bi-Epick High Performs at 'Y-POP Party' in Shanghai in Front of 20,000 FansAt this concert, over 20,000 local fans attended after hearing that top stars Son Dam Bi as well as group 2NE1 and Epik High would be performing.full article athttp://bit.ly/12trpJE

Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Now Available: K-pop on iTunes

HOW EFFECTIVE IS ITUNES TO KPOP?

How relevant is iTunes to Kpop? Does it boost popularity? Does it help with promotions? How does it benefit the international fans?

Here's how I see it; the answer is yes to every single question.

iTunes is relevant because it's on the internet and the internet makes most things, if not all things accessible to the public no matter where you live. As long as you have internet (illegally or not, it's cool, we're all human), then you will be able to find a way to get a hold of the hottest tracks of Kpop.

Now, how does iTunes help K-pop in terms of recognitions. 2PMTabloXia Junsu-- these are only some of the names of the Kpop artists who have ranked number one in iTunes charts in a number of countries. iTunes provides for an international audience and it is through the diversity of the sales that K-pop can gauge the diversity of their fans. And though this said diversity has been proven many a time, it's still gratifying to keep track of the progress each year.

full article athttp://bit.ly/1aHY0Re

Guest firefree

Epik High fanstories

Note/Disclaimer: these stories cannot be guaranteed to be 100% valid since they’ve been floating on korean Epik High boards/bases for quite a while.

Translated by akdong@icarus-walks.net 

a stranger once sat next to tablo and when he caught a whiff of his smell, he leaned in and said, ‘you…smell…like…hamburger..’

Guest firefree

Epik High, Beenzino, and Buckwilds - HOT hip hop concert in Busan

Source: Starin E Daily

Translation by: kmsrh@icarus-walks.net

Epik High, Beenzino, and Buckwilds, current "hot" musicians, participated in a hip-hop concert titled "2013 Rock Da Mic Show vol.1" on the 19th [of July] at 7:00 PM at the Hive Club on the first floor of Grand Hotel, Haeundae-gu, Busan. The organizing group Hyorim Entertainment predicted that "people will soon forget the heat from the three hot and diverse hip hop team's stage performance." 

Epik High is a hip hop group with its own color who have taken the 1st place in a music show program. They're one of the nation's representing hip hop groups that have not lost their music color while receiving much love from the public. Beenzino has currently featured in popular music artists' works and is one of the artists to look out for in the year of 2013. His album released in 2012 that caught many of the teens and girls in their 20s' heart, is steadily ranking in the music chart. Buckwilds is a talented  group of musician in which  is J-Tong's  is part of the hip hop crew. 

• 2 months later...
Guest firefree

131006 Haru visits Tablo in Hospital tumblr_mu8qt3Iwma1rqdda7o1_500.jpg

Translation of blog entry (by: mr_wannabe@icaruswalks.com)

Did an exhausting surgery (iron is also inside his body) Sigh ㅠㅠSince the pain is really extreme Blo oppa cannot even sleep 
But after his most beautiful daughter in the whole world gave him her most precious whale sticker to Tablo oppa made him smile for a while
Sigh ㅠㅠ even the pain killer isn’t enough for him
After the surgery in two days he only slept 5hrs in order to endure his pain sighㅠㅠ
Blo oppa- Haru I apologize since I cannot hug you
Haru- father Haru will heal you
Awww ㅠㅠ
I hope he gets better soon and want to see him play piano for Haru during the weekendsㅠ

Guest firefree

[rumour epik high's comeback costumes]

Translated Rumour of what was posted on DC Gallery
NOTE THIS IS A RUMOUR NOTHING MORE. TAKE IT  with a grain of SALT

translated by mr_wannabe@icaruswalks.com

I believe they will comeback in the end October
My friend thecuvcuc who works in costume design team
said and Balko who is one of the artist and he needs costume for Epik High’s MV and he needs 12pair(four pairs each) of costume ordered~
I’m saying he already designed it and asked for the order and the period is 10 days~ Long time ago my friend’s company person who named Balko asked for 9 pairs of Epik High’s MV costume and about a month after MV came out?
I believe it’s the same time period
Asked for three mask custom made
Costume color of the jacket is mainly khaki, black, and dark blue
The jean is size 9 from ripped black jean and there are also jeans with jewelry attached to them~
Seriously there is also turtle neck(?) jacket
Anyways I just wanted to spread some news~ bye bye”

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hiaarhg

Tablo's daughter accidentally reveals Epik High's upcoming 10th anniversary album

Epik-High-tablo_1383508601_af_org.jpg

Kids can be very unpredictable, and Epik High's Tablo was reminded of this fact when his daughter, Haru, nearly revealed their group's secret 10th anniversary album!

The latest episode of KBS's newest variety show, 'Superman Returns', found the Epik High artists at YG Entertainment, working hard on their newest album. Tablo brought his daughter Haru to the proceedings, and she was promptly distracted by the computers. 

Although Tablo warned her to be careful, she ended up accidentally playing a snippet of Epik High's upcoming album! Fortunately, the members were able to shut down the program before any of the music could be heard.

"Our Haru revealed our 10th anniversary album on the air," Tukutz said, laughing.

Unfortunately, it seems that fans will have to wait a little while longer to hear some more of Epik High's work!

The hilarious moment starts at 22:00:

LINK

source: alkkpop

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"YG Family Concert to hit Singapore September 13 & 14BIG BANG, 2NE1, Epik High and more will hit Singapore for the sole Southeast Asian stop for the YG Family Concert tour
773556A29E5F75D568F47DA7A.jpg

Fans of YG artistes such as BIGBANG, 2NE1, PSY, Epik High and WINNER, rejoice – your wishes are finally coming true. After giving our sunny island (and most of Asia) a pass for their 10th Anniversary World Tour and 15th Anniversary Concert Tour, they will make their mark in Singapore on September 13 & 14 with the YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore in the tour's only Southeast Asian stop.

BIGBANG and 2NE1 are no stranger to our shores, having graced us with their respective solo concert tours and fan meetings before. PSY also rocked out to a crowd of 4,000 in 2012, just after the release of his mega-hit ‘Gangnam Style’. Fans of soon-to-debut group WINNER and Epik High, however, have much to cheer about as this will mark their first local performance here.

Kicking off their 2014 tour in Osaka and Tokyo earlier this year, the agency has so far only announced their Shanghai stop, which will take place on August 30. The Korean fans will also be treated to an extravaganza at their AIA Real Life Now Festival in Seoul on August 15.

VIP (BIGBANG fans) will be happy to see all five lads standing on one stage as the members are currently focusing on solo activities and rarely perform together. Likewise, fans of WINNER, who have been dropping teasers of their long-awaited debut after coming out tops in last year’s reality show WIN: Who Is Next?, will finally be able to see their beloved quintet do what they do best.

The last entertainment and previously only agency to hold its group concert here was SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR III in Singapore, which thrilled a 24,000-strong crowd despite the sudden downpour that night.

After a year without any joint concert after the infamous last-minute cancellation of the MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore, fans are undoubtedly eagerly awaiting the return of such star-studded events.

YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore is organized by ONE Production.

YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore Concert Details 

Date: September 13 (Saturday) & 14 (Sunday) 

Time: 6PM & 5PM respectively 

Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium 

Ticket Prices: S$398 (VIP), $268, $198, $168 (excluding ticket charges)

VIP packages will include a Category 1 concert ticket, an entry pass to the VIP Soundcheck Party, an exclusive laminated pass, merchandise and a chance to get up close and personal with the artistes via a Meet & Greet session. Tickets will go on sale on July 19 (Saturday), 10am across all SPORTSHUBTIX channels

Cr: xinmsn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

윤하(Younha) - 우산(Umbrella) Official MV

This song is a cover from Epik High song that Younha featured. Check out here for Tablo shout out to her.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy 11 years Epik High! I can't stop playing the Shoebox album. It's so good. They must be proud of this one because listening to it collectively, careful thought and selection was put into it. Definitely a contrast to the energetic, kind of experimental vibe of 99. Happen Ending and Amor Fati are my favorites so far.