Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest imomo

I wonder what kind of song Younha is going to sing with Epik High. Her voice seems a little too happy and upbeat for the songs Epik High usually does. Even when she did LoveLoveLove, she made it sound really upbeat.

well if you look at their earlier albums, their songs are upbeat. And Love love love's intention was to be upbeat-- but with deep, heart stabbing lyrics. Take Fly for example, it's a motivating song for people with low self-esteem, it strikes the hopeful dreamers-- but their melody is no way dark or melancholy, you agree?

Their 1st and 2nd album contained the more pop-like hiphop songs, very upbeat and catchy. Ex. Lady (high Society), Tuturu, High Skool, Day of Peace to name a few.

It wasn't only till their 4th album did they experiment something more... hardcore, a bit sentimental rapping if i were to categorize, but as they said themselves, it's nogenrejustmusic.

Music is music. Music is life for these guys. No matter what, I think they used Younha's talent to portray a message they know their fans will take great heed in.

But hey! Even just the featuring list leaves us in anticipation no?! [:

Guest kstaree

ahhh i love epik high specially tablo <3

I wish they make a single with Younha <3

that would totally be kuuuuuute :)

Haha...I only know Younha nad Dynamic Duo. I guess Younha is lending her vocal. :P

Are all the other artists also rappers? I can't wait for their album!

i'm pretty sure most of them are rappers and i think a DJ or too was mentioned...ugh i have to look at the list again. the only people i remember off the top of my head are dok2, double k, and TBNY...=rap.

Dok2 is now solo. He's coming out with an album pretty soon.

:0 nice! i'll be checking it out then. he's talented..and only a year or two older than me haha. i can't wait to hear the song with him in it...(:

the younha featuring is something i'm looking forward to.

but i trust in epik. if they can see something in her in their music, then i am excited. i believe whatever they do will always be awesome.

Guest YeonCouture

hey guys, can someone translate tablo's "100 questions" for me

i can only understand up to like question 3 -_-

haha well i'm really looking forward to their new album

it's coming out in april right?

aghhhh, only a few weeks i guess

i'm sure epik high won't dissapoint us, as always.

[link to the 100 questions : http://www.deeppurplemoon.com/bbs/view.php...desc&no=149]

Guest WanMinBin

Thank for the translation, Melodygreenleaf! :D

Seeing Tablo update his cy about the album with more and more info each time, makes the album release just a bit closer.

CAN'T WAIT!!!! :w00t:

Guest JPizMe

Seeing Younha being on the featured list just make me excited for the CD.

I can't wait!

Reminds me of the special stage with Younha and Epik High.

Here's the link if anyone interested in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIxF6WPkGrc

Yeah Agree, yet im abit disappointed Younha sings abit differently as in the original song @ Love Love Love.

Can't wait for the album ^__^!

Guest aiongaku

Can't wait the the new album. The artists participating are pretty interesting. ^__^

I also thought about the Special Stage the two did before. Maybe because of the

success of that they started to make an original song of the two.

MY POSTS KEEP ON DISAPPEARING T____________________________T

I cbb repeating. So I'll just say something new.

You know, it took me to realize that the rapping they did in PW 486 was off 'Music' xD

Guest imomo

Tablo's Radio ;D

타블로와 꿈꾸는 라디오

MBC 91.9㎒ 10 - 12PM

4월 7일 부터 매일 만나요!

Tablo's Dreaming Radio (Dreaming with Tablo Radio) Sorry I do literal translations ;P

starting from April 7th let's meet everyday!

;D Just notifying fellow fans!

You figure out the frequency-- I can't help you there ><;

Just notifying ;D

Oh and btw, you guys should check out his video on cyworld. It him and his little nephew LOL, i swear, you can't tell which one's the uncle and which one's the newphew; they're just both.. so cute and childish[:

I dig how Tablo is almost 30 but is still so expressive, it doesn't matter even if it's in a chidlish manner[:

Guest WanMinBin

thanx for the info, imomo!!! ^0^

yay!! I hope there's a way I can listen to it online! coz I don't have a radio. x-x;;

or maybe I'll just go buy one. xDDD

ahhhh and it starts 1 week before my bday! \^0^/

Guest imomo
^^ i reckon. i love that he's nearly 30 yet he totally doesn't act like it. :)

Hear! Hear! ;D

We're all little kids at heart; some of us are just too afraid to show it XD

Guest seiwei

I so set aside money to buy Epik High's 5th album even though I was starving myself and clawing to get through to pay for rent.

Dok2 and Younha! The wonder kids! I'm glad they didn't leave off TBNY and Dynamic Duo. But but...no JW from Nell D=? I love any songs that Jongwan features in....

Epik High have been working so hard for this album. Tablo can finally rest now that the worst of it is over.

Guest WanMinBin

well actually....now that he's picked up the radio DJing job and he's MCing for MusicBank PLUS promotion for the new album will start soon, Tablo won't have much time to rest. if anything, he'll be even more busy, going from place to place. Fridays will probably be the worse for him, coz after finishing live recordings at KBS, he has to go over to MBC for the radio show.....unless that's pre-recorded.

*sigh*

he's going to become real thin again.

imono that video is just so cute :) thanks for sharing. i hope i can be be young like tablo in my late 20's :lol:

melody! thanks for that piece of news.. im so glad the 5th album is coming out soon :)

"Pieces, Part One."
a part of me still wishes it was still 'menace to society'. but i really don't mind.

"most personal production" ayy?

i wonder if its going to be all emotional/deep/dark/'rant' like the 4th album...who knows? it might be upbeat/hilarious like the second..

and the feature lineup...makes me want the album more. looking forward to jinbo, dynamic duo, younha & TBNY

thankyou to everyone who answered my previous question, especially druken epik for the info.

yeahh, i had i feeling tablo's solo ep would be like remapping the human soul & eternal morning. heavy, yet awesome stuff.

oh, and some of you might know already,

but mithra is featured on Eru's new single 'Last Concert' (ft. mithra jin, brian, mc mong), where he raps for like 20seconds.

i personally reckon that mithra's rap > brian&mcmong

heres a link to the MV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjgdw39ntA

and a cap

mnithra.jpg

anyway, today i was browsing on youtube and found this old YSMM clip with tablo of him explaining how epik debuted, how he got into music, what he had to go through.

(this one, anyone have the date of the show?->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6hlzDgbfys)

bah, i know this is old news... but it made my respect for epik high & tablo increase by 1000000%