Vietnamese F4 Drama Casting

Guest truffles14

Guest BattleRoyale

ha, thats not happening or atleast anytime soon. Lets not forget it's Soompi. Korean version will always be the best and thats not changing anytime soon.

serious? i prefered that japanese version over the korean version.

i think a lot of people might find it cheesy/crappy acting because of course they'd be comparing it to the other versions. but if you follow vietnamese dramas you'd probably really enjoy it because you're use to the acting styles so it doesn't seem crap at all. I know I will (:

I'm seeing a lot of comments saying "i watched viet dramas with my mum/dad/parents and they sucked" etc but i find there's a big difference in acting styles of different generations. not saying it completely sucked back then but its just that the newer generation of actors seem more natural. it has improved.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Inconnu

I dont understand all this negativity towards the Vietnamese industry.

It's kind of sickening and dissapointing to watch someone diss their own

country. :huh: Way to have national pride.

By the way. If you think it's hard to find a pretty/cute Vietnamese person than do you consider yoursef ugly? But if you think you're pretty... than I applaud that you're one of those so-called "RARE" pretty Viets. :mellow:

And thanks truffles14 for those self-cam pictures. LOL I wasn't very much

looking at Baggio. Chi Thieeeennn<3

^^^

Yeah it's pretty sad that some people are ashamed of their own race, but guess what? The country is ashamed of YOU.

Guest shinhdeplol

i will watch this because of Chi Thien :wub: he's so hot :D

i really dont like the idea of putting Ngo Thanh Van and Khong Tu Quynh here <_<

Guest panda.b3ar

I think this cast is better looking than the taiwan remake, like, the boys fit it more (are more versatile)

i'm stokedddd!

keiryu40; Seriously dude. Stop calling all Western Viets/Asians in general white-washed. How do you even know that irishkahlia is Viet to begin with?

Sorry for cutting your post ma99ie. Oh, so he/she was referring to me then? Being white-washed??? Thanks for posting this to my defense and yes, I am not Vietnamese. And jeez, if keiryu40 read my post, I didn't even said anything bad about them. I just don't have any knowledge of Vietnamese entertainment.

Guest Swtess

I agree with you inconnu.

Really it makes me think that the viets themselves that are dissing how ugly their own race is must be pretty unattractive themselves. Pretty shameful.

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

Oh...woah...LOL...

AT first, I went, WTH?! to o.O.

The casting looks pretty good!

I think this is the one time where I actually likes all of F4 members in this casting, though I don't think Minh Tri fits the role though...

Anyways, if this is really going get going soon, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Then again, I've never been satisfied with a Viet series before....let's hope this one does!~

I'm kinda looking forward to Bao Thy as a mean girl cuz she seems too nice outside! LOL...

She's so tiny, but so pretty too! LOL...XD

Guest Naruta Uzumaku

wth, they all have the same haircut and they look alikee. how the heck are we gonna tell them apartt haha jk.

Guest aymei

ha, thats not happening or atleast anytime soon. Lets not forget it's Soompi. Korean version will always be the best and thats not changing anytime soon.

i dont know who you're talking about, but i preferred the japanese version a loooot more.

Guest funkypicklez

wow

that is such a ignorant comment

im embrassed as a korean

sure, anyone has the freedom to say that the korean version is the best

but to say that it will always be the best....please stop being so ignorant and stupid

the korean version had lots of faults and can easily be beaten by another countries version

stop embrassing us koreans

Guest VI-SOL5407

New pictures of Chi Thien (Rui) with his group member. This is his latest photoshoot "Fashion for Summer". By the way, just wanna let you guys know that his group will be release a new album coming up this September ;)

Wanna listen to the title track (Click here). It sounds good, isn't it. I really love Chi Thien's voice, so warm and sexy :wub:

You guys might wanna try out these songs as well. They're all my favorite :)

1. Dream

2. Lovesick

3. The Sun And The Wind

4. A New Day

5. Give Up On Loving You

6. Our Paradise

090715flathang-10.jpg

090715flathang-8.jpg

090715flathang-9.jpg

090715flathang-2.jpg

090715flathang-3.jpg

090715flathang-4.jpg

090715flathang-5.jpg

090715flathang-6.jpg

090715flathang-7.jpg

Guest dinky-monkey

i think a lot of people might find it cheesy/crappy acting because of course they'd be comparing it to the other versions. but if you follow vietnamese dramas you'd probably really enjoy it because you're use to the acting styles so it doesn't seem crap at all. I know I will (:

I'm seeing a lot of comments saying "i watched viet dramas with my mum/dad/parents and they sucked" etc but i find there's a big difference in acting styles of different generations. not saying it completely sucked back then but its just that the newer generation of actors seem more natural. it has improved.

There's something I just cannot understand...

I watch Viet dramas almost everyday ever since I was a little kid - and I've probably watched hundreds of Viet series since then. I don't know what kind of "overly cheesy/corny" Viet dramas most overseas Vietnamese here claim to have watched. Anyhow, I watch Viet dramas made in Vietnam, aired on either Vietnamese television or VTV4, and in 90% cases, they are no way "cheesy". I would say Korean dramas are cheesy, Japanese dramas are cheesy, and Taiwanese dramas, also cheesy (which is why they appeal to teenagers) but Viet dramas are certainly not.

Especially North Vietnamese dramas...they are often very "dry", hard-edged and blatantly realistic as they almost always revolve around serious social problems of Vietnam (drug addiction, poverty, corruption, prostitution, crimes, family problems etc.).

If you guys have watched "Slumdog Millionaire" and feel shocked and bitter when seeing all the misery and crimes, well that's how I feel when I watch North Viet drama. I think "cheesy" is not the right words to describe them.

South Vietnamese dramas aren't as hard-edged (which is why I prefer them), most of the time there is some love story included, but all in all they place much less emphasis on the love story than in e.g. Korean dramas, so I can't understand why some ppl complain about the "cheesiness" of Viet dramas when they watch dramas like "Winter Sonata", "Full House", "A love to kill", "Devil Beside Me" (a LOT cheesier) with pleasure.

IMO, those who say "i watched viet dramas with my mum/dad/parents and they sucked" just don't like the dramas their parents watch simply because they don't understand the content of these dramas as they are too young/not familiar with Vietnamese culture/whatever.

I think the acting of the younger generation has not improved. Whether or not the acting is good depends on each actor. And it depends on the director, too. Actually, I personally prefer the acting of the older generation. I know many middle-aged actors and actresses who can control every muscle and sinew of their body, like.. you can see how the sinews of their neck stick out, their mouth muscles shaking while they are trembling with anger...etc. That's what I call natural acting. Now the younger actors and actresses don't show that much perfection.

Also, (I might get bashed for this), many young Vietnamese actors try to imitate Korean acting style, which makes me cringe every time I watch them because that's sooo unnatural... 'cause the behavior and body language of Vietnamese are different: Vietnamese people smile differently, talk differently, behave differently. One can see that so clearly in "Golden Bride" of Korea. Lee Young Ah earned the Best New Actress award for her portrayal of Nguyen JinJu, a Korean-Vietnamese raised by a Vietnamese mother in Vietnam; so I guess from the Korean point of view, her acting must be very persuading and natural. Now, every Vietnamese watching that drama says she doesn't act like someone who was born and raised in Vietnam at all. Even if you turn off the speaker so you can't hear her Korean accent, her body language still reveals that she's fully and truely Korean. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgG6uVWsgU&feature=related)

IMO, Vietnamese acting style is in NO way inferior to Chinese/Japanese/Korean acting. I really hope I'll see Vietnamese acting style in the Vietnamese remake of Boys over flower.

Guest CitrusFlower

wow

that is such a ignorant comment

im embrassed as a korean

sure, anyone has the freedom to say that the korean version is the best

but to say that it will always be the best....please stop being so ignorant and stupid

the korean version had lots of faults and can easily be beaten by another countries version

stop embrassing us koreans

Haha ignorant? I think your ignorant for not getting I'm being sarcastic. If you look around Soompi everyone praise the Korean version but when another country decide to do a remake on it they all diss that it will be no good. So for now everyone will only accept the Korean version and won't give any other a chance except for the Japanese one. So before you go calling people ignorant why don't you try to reread and actually understand what I'm trying to say :rolleyes:

i dont know who you're talking about, but i preferred the japanese version a loooot more.

Please reread. I said this is Soompi a forum dedicated to Koreans so the Korean version would always be the best in people eyes and they will not give any other version a chance. If you look through when they said Phillipino were remaking it was all diss and no good so now it's the same but when Koreans decide to remake BOF everyone anticipate.

Guest forever21

^ Er, chill. They just misunderstood what you wrote cause when I read your comment, I also wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not so I didn't comment, but thanks for clarifying.

--edit--

Chi Thien looks so familiar but I don't know where I've seen him from....

Either I've seen him in magazines or I know someone that looks like him O___o

Guest CitrusFlower

^ Er, chill. They just misunderstood what you wrote cause when I read your comment, I also wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not so I didn't comment, but thanks for clarifying.

--edit--

Chi Thien looks so familiar but I don't know where I've seen him from....

Either I've seen him in magazines or I know someone that looks like him O___o

I'm not angry or anything I'm just not fond to idea of being called ignorant just like that and yes I did want to clarify to people what I actually meant.

Archived