Vietnamese F4 Drama Casting

Guest truffles14

Guest truffles14

check out here. http://www.hoahoctro.vn/CINEBOXPHIMANH/26501.hht

Hoahoctro.vn is kind of like Soompi. The difference is it gives news, updates, forums, and info about V-pop (Vietnamese Pop) and other pop cultures in the world.

seriously, you viets who have never heard of viet dramas before are white washed. you dare call yourselves vietnamese, give me a break.

...Hoa Hoc Tro is NOT like a Soompi AT ALL. i swear, seeing all your comments and all your topics, it's like you pull your info straight out of thin air.

edit: and I was just at crunchyroll.. apparently a ton of people are saying that the vietnamese cast doesn't look viet. and most of thme were coming from viets who weren't "into vietnamese stuff". i doubt they could even speak the language much less know anything vietnaemse related. & it's so ironic since if they weren't into it, how would they know what our celebs look like. esp the ones in vietnam. idk i just thought it was humorous.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Minnie-chan

wow another remake? O_O *shrugs* oh well

anywaiz I like the guy who MIGHT play Sojiro he's so cute xD

but all the Domyouji's are....blah :sweatingbullets:

Guest Inconnu

edit: and I was just at crunchyroll.. apparently a ton of people are saying that the vietnamese cast doesn't look viet. and most of thme were coming from viets who weren't "into vietnamese stuff". i doubt they could even speak the language much less know anything vietnaemse related. & it's so ironic since if they weren't into it, how would they know what our celebs look like. esp the ones in vietnam. idk i just thought it was humorous.

It's because to them ANYONE who is attractive is either Japanese or Korean.

It's a SHOCK that the person is Viet though! OMGSLITWRISTWOW.

Apparently, there's this thought going on that Vietnamese celebs cant be

pretty or something? :lol:

Guest truffles14

It's because to them ANYONE who is attractive is either Japanese or Korean.

It's a SHOCK that the person is Viet though! OMGSLITWRISTWOW.

Apparently, there's this thought going on that Vietnamese celebs cant be

pretty or something? :lol:

not just japanese or korean, but any other race that's NOT viet. lol . but yea, i wish people would just open their minds a little....do some searching and know that theres a whole actual viet ent. industry out there besides the paris by night crap that we're being fed here in the states. :/ then maybe thye could actually differentiate between what viet people really look like without all these comparisons to their favorite k/j/c-actresses/actors...

Guest lena_b

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! :crazy: I figured there would be a Vietnamese version AFTER an American version rofl. ^_^ I'm suprised though; the guys are pretty damn handsome. And I didn't know Bao Thy was looking into acting? When my mom watches Vietnamese dramas, I can't stand the acting. -____-" SO I hope if this really comes out, it'll be good so I can make my mom watch it. (:<<< And then make her watch the Korean version MUAHAHA. :D

Guest julieluv

Lol at all the ppl complaining about remakes and yet they would prance around and scream that the Korean BOF - the THIRD REMAKE lol - is the best. Ppl bashing the Taiwanese version (Hello? It was the first adaptation of the manga and it aired EIGHT friggin years ago?) and the Japanese one (who are originally the ones who should have adapted the manga first anyway basically?) - and now the future viet version should chill up.

I personally liked the Korean BOF but I wouldn't diss on other country's attempt to make a remake. If Koreans can do it, why not others? O_o If anything, the Japanese should be mad (since it's their manga) or the Taiwanese! (since they were the first to do an adaptation of the manga!)

And yeah, I'm not Viet but seriously, ppl should stop generalizing that when there is a cute asian, he or she cannot be Viet ._. That's pretty messed up.

Guest funkypicklez

Lol at all the ppl complaining about remakes and yet they would prance around and scream that the Korean BOF - the THIRD REMAKE lol - is the best. Ppl bashing the Taiwanese version (Hello? It was the first adaptation of the manga and it aired EIGHT friggin years ago?) and the Japanese one (who are originally the ones who should have adapted the manga first anyway basically?) - and now the future viet version should chill up.

I personally liked the Korean BOF but I wouldn't diss on other country's attempt to make a remake. If Koreans can do it, why not others? O_o If anything, the Japanese should be mad (since it's their manga) or the Taiwanese! (since they were the first to do an adaptation of the manga!)

And yeah, I'm not Viet but seriously, ppl should stop generalizing that when there is a cute asian, he or she cannot be Viet ._. That's pretty messed up.

no ones saying that viets arent cute

some ppl disagree on the casting

but they did that too for the korean bof

and the only reason the korean bof didnt get such negative response (on soompi at least) was cuz it was a full two year after the first (and second?) and then koreans are well know for their really good dramas >.<

and ppl only dissed the taiwanese version b/c F4 didnt seem rich....

stop being so defensive peeps

Guest SophiaSan

OMG JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's so annoying

i don't think they can pull it off.

the best one(s) were the korean and japanese one.

other than that. STOP.

Guest truffles14

OMG JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's so annoying

i don't think they can pull it off.

the best one(s) were the korean and japanese one.

other than that. STOP.

You know you don't HAVE to watch it, right?... They're not made to cater you...lol.

Guest keiryu40

Also there is some inaccuracy by the thread opener. I've checked other teen Viet sites today like Hihihehe.com and Rap.vn. They said this Viet drama is adaptation of the Korean BOF, not the manga. Heck, most Vietnamese are not even interested in Japanese entertainment at all. They are into Korean and American entertainment more. This remake isn't really a Vietnamese remake of HYD, but a Vietnamese version of BOF Korean one.

Guest truffles14

Also there is some inaccuracy by the thread opener. I've checked other teen Viet sites today like Hihihehe.com and Rap.vn. They said this Viet drama is adaptation of the Korean BOF, not the manga. Heck, most Vietnamese are not even interested in Japanese entertainment at all. They are into Korean and American entertainment more. This remake isn't really a Vietnamese remake of HYD, but a Vietnamese version of BOF Korean one.

noone said it was be a remake of HYD. heck no one said it's a confirmed remake at all. but like my source clearly said: the Japanese names from the original manga were only used as reference because it was the original script. and was BOF not a remake of the HYD script??? is there that much of a difference if its a remake of meteor garden, hyd, bof, etc. they're all still F4 dramas. -_____-

i've only seen hana yori dango and havent watched the korean or taiwanese version, and i liked shun oguri + matsumoto alot so this one has some big shoes to fill!

but personally i dont think the manga is great enough that there has to be like 5 remakes of it.. does it sell well in every country or something? (cos i rkn ive seen better dramas/movies than boysoverflowers)

some of the girls look great, one of the guys look good. the rest are o_O, some of them definately look viet lols. I have no idea about their acting though, goodness please let it not be another lame lame lame lame lame vietdrama like the many i've unwittingly come across in the home via parents/siblings.

i dont agree with the possibles for dmyouji at all they all look wayyyyy off for the role. i cant see the domyouji in them (comparing them to matsumotojun)

I hope they try to add some viet zing to it because it will be so sad and boring if it is an exact copy (i have nightmares abt times where my favourite korean/chinese songs are remade into viet versions and are performed on trungtamthuynga/asia/somethinksimilar). I only have one word for plagarism in general :

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if ya gonna do it, please do it well!!!!! >.<

Guest Swtess

Oh god the ones in crunchyroll are like little kids. Telling them the truth just makes them cry and their only defence is that VN is a poor poor country. Only thing good about that place is to kill time and argue with them

Guest ma99ie

keiryu40; Seriously dude. Stop calling all Western Viets/Asians in general white-washed. How do you even know that irishkahlia is Viet to begin with? Dump an Asian person in the whitest part of town and hey look - what are the chances of them turning out white in their interests? Dump an Asian person in the most Asian part of town and hey - they come out Asian. Dump them in the part of town where there's Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Spaniards, Sudanese, African Americans, Russians etc and hey - they could turn out a combination of all of those.

As for the people who don't even give the Viet industry a chance - your "observational evidence" about what constitutes "good-looking" can be easily skewed or shaped purely by Korean and Japanese media (being here on Soompi helps that too). I really hate how narrow-minded some of the posters are in here. You guys give off the very strong impression that anything Viet must be automatically crap and ugly.

Stop freakin' generalising and step outside your front door because hey - not all Americans look like the people on Gossip Girl. Just like not all Koreans you see on the street look like the Korean celebs. Like ZOMGWTFBBQ WHO KNEW?!!?!!

Man why do I keep replying to this thread. I feel like my braincells die each time I come in here reading stupid posts from narrow-minded people.

Guest pillowbox

^ LOL. I think these guys are pretty good looking. Don't worry, I hate it when some people comes and trash about remakes just because it's already been done so. Ive been visiting the Chinese one alot. It just bothers me that everyone thinks of Korean is the best because all the guys are dead-drop gorgeous. It's nice seeing the Vietnamese entertainment industry slowly rising. You know many Vietnamese in USA are quite talented, but I feel like they can give a shot in Vietnam and actually improved the industry. However, I don't think many of them are willing to since why bother going back when you're living in a better environment , you know what I mean.

But then you can't blame some people since this is a Korean forum, and of course Korean/Japanese's media will consider to be better and everything.. Some people are quite narrow-minded -.-

Guest julieluv

no ones saying that viets arent cute

Re-read some of the posts, esp the first pages. A couple of posts before mine, ppl were also talking about what I mentioned. And besides, I'm sorry but you can check some of the 411 of some of the Viet members here and you can often see comments like "You are cute, you don't look Viet".

some ppl disagree on the casting

but they did that too for the korean bof

Yes? And? Did I say anything to those disagreeing about the casting? No. I'm talking about those saying things like "OMG another remake? We all know the Korean BOF is the best", when the Korean BOF is a...remake too.

and the only reason the korean bof didnt get such negative response (on soompi at least) was cuz it was a full two year after the first (and second?) and then koreans are well know for their really good dramas >.<

And coz Soompi is a Korean forum. Let's keep our minds open, people.

Guest Swtess

^ LOL. I think these guys are pretty good looking. Don't worry, I hate it when some people comes and trash about remakes just because it's already been done so. Ive been visiting the Chinese one alot. It just bothers me that everyone thinks of Korean is the best because all the guys are dead-drop gorgeous. It's nice seeing the Vietnamese entertainment industry slowly rising. You know many Vietnamese in USA are quite talented, but I feel like they can give a shot in Vietnam and actually improved the industry. However, I don't think many of them are willing to since why bother going back when you're living in a better environment , you know what I mean.

But then you can't blame some people since this is a Korean forum, and of course Korean/Japanese's media will consider to be better and everything.. Some people are quite narrow-minded -.-

Sorry but that I'm gonna have to disagree. Some are talented, but most only sounds good in studio. They'll get creamed for sounding like crap live. Plus too many political issues involving this.

Guest funkypicklez

Re-read some of the posts, esp the first pages. A couple of posts before mine, ppl were also talking about what I mentioned. And besides, I'm sorry but you can check some of the 411 of some of the Viet members here and you can often see comments like "You are cute, you don't look Viet".

Yes? And? Did I say anything to those disagreeing about the casting? No. I'm talking about those saying things like "OMG another remake? We all know the Korean BOF is the best", when the Korean BOF is a...remake too.

And coz Soompi is a Korean forum. Let's keep our minds open, people.

first, just cuz someone says ur cute, you dont look viet

does not mean that they mean ur too cute to be viet

where da hell did u get that from?

ppl say that all the time

for example, everyone tells hyoyeon that shes pretty and that she doesnt look korean, more chinese (all the new snsd fans think shes chinese at first)

that doesnt mean the fans are saying koreans are ugly

(omg...i cant believe thats the best example i can come up with right now sorry -.-;; brain dead right now)

anyways its true, a lot of the boys casted dont look viet

(but then again im not a 100% percent how exactly viets look)

as i posted be4, a lot of them look mixed, and thats just an observation with no feelings behind

and i agree, there are some ppl here that think that, but just ignore them, they are extremely stupid

finally everyones reaction is "OMG ANOTHER REMAKE"

cuz its not even been 6 months since bof stopped airing

and yet chinas coming out with them and vietnam already has their casting (well according to this thread)

im sure in two years like ur suppose to (korea waited two years after hyd)

more ppl will be over bof and be excited

its just theres a hyd overdose right now, which is why people are so negative right now

Guest julieluv

first, just cuz someone says ur cute, you dont look viet

does not mean that they mean ur too cute to be viet

where da hell did u get that from?

ppl say that all the time

for example, everyone tells hyoyeon that shes pretty and that she doesnt look korean, more chinese (all the new snsd fans think shes chinese at first)

that doesnt mean the fans are saying koreans are ugly

(omg...i cant believe thats the best example i can come up with right now sorry -.-;; brain dead right now)

First of all, this convo is kinda turning in circles :S

As I told you, maybe you can read the past pages and you will get why I stated that ppl shouldn't stereotype Viets as unpretty asians. I think we both agree on that, right?

About the girl from SNSD, I am not really familiar with her (Not a fan of the group) but isn't she supposed to originally the less 'pretty' one of the group pre-surgery? Anyway, I won't go into the SNSD stuff since you seem more knowledgeable than me;)

Anyway, basically, what I was saying is...if you hang around on Soompi for some time, you will definitely see (and judging from the previous posts in this thread, I'm not the only one who noticed this) that there is some sort of belief on Soompi that the cute asians are usually Japanese (since the West stereotypes the Japanese as goodlooking) or Korean (since we are on Soompi). To give you a concrete example and not an abstract one which can easily be refuted: I remember reading in the 411 of one of the most popular Viet guy on Soompi (forgot his name but at some pt his name kept popping up) the comment of a person (I will not mention her ethnicity) who said "you are cute for a Viet". I was completely shocked and found that to be very offensive even if I'm not Viet. Anyway, it's not only for Viets, it's for the Chinese ppl too etc.. It just seems to me that some ppl on Soompi tend to categorize all pretty asians as either Korean or Japanese. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just hang out on Soompi too many years and read too many things? But if I AM wrong, well I would be HAPPY to be wrong ;)

anyways its true, a lot of the boys casted dont look viet

(but then again im not a 100% percent how exactly viets look)

as i posted be4, a lot of them look mixed, and thats just an observation with no feelings behind

Yeah I get your point and I understand. However, as someone said before, it's not like the Americans we see on TV are like the ones we see in real life or that the Korean and Japanese celebrities represent the average Korean and Japanese (I've been to both Korea and Japan and I can confirm this). It's normal for celebrities to look 'better' or "different" compared to the average citizen of this or that country since the entertainment industry is based on looks.

and i agree, there are some ppl here that think that, but just ignore them, they are extremely stupid

Agreed:P

finally everyones reaction is "OMG ANOTHER REMAKE"

cuz its not even been 6 months since bof stopped airing

and yet chinas coming out with them and vietnam already has their casting (well according to this thread)

im sure in two years like ur suppose to (korea waited two years after hyd)

more ppl will be over bof and be excited

its just theres a hyd overdose right now, which is why people are so negative right now

Yes I agree with the overdose, esp since the Korean one just finished but it's not like it's going to be aired soon right. It's just the casting (and even for that, it's not confirmed yet?). I didn't have anything against those who said "OMG another remake". I just felt that I should say something to those saying "OMG another remake. Don't bother, the Korean one is the best" or whatever.

Anyway I think we are both on the same side of the argument, just that we were looking at the same thing from different perspectives.

Peace out. I'm brain dead too. I just came back from work. :vicx:

Is this supposed to be offensive? I'm not full Vietnamese anyway, and I wasn't born there; nor America.

"seriously, you viets who have never heard of viet dramas before are white washed. you dare call yourselves vietnamese, give me a break."

My mom is from Vietnam and she always watched them, and maybe I did a bit when I was younger. The reason I never continued to because they simply sucked. Not because I'm "white-washed," but because they just weren't interesting. I'm not going to prove how Vietnamese I am by watching crappy Vietnamese dramas.

Also, to those that are saying Vietnamese people aren't generally attractive--I would have to agree. I live in Hawaii, and I don't see many Vietnamese; but when I do, 3/4 of them just aren't attractive. So when I see attractive Vietnamese, I go "Wow!" but never more than that.

When people think of a cute Asian girl; it's usually Japanese or Korean, and I could well understand that. No need to go into statistics about surgery, etc. But they are known to be attractive because most of them are. And they just have a more interesting culture than say, Southeastern Asians. (In my opinion?)

But like all ethnicity, there are the ugly ones, and the pretty ones. I understand that this is a Korean forum, but I notice so much hatred towards other races; it kind of disgusts me. I'm here because I like this site, but I get annoyed reading a lot of your posts. Just a bunch of discrimination. I was quiet at first but it's getting immature. You sound like a bunch of frustrated 12-year-olds.

Your post is full of my happy poopoo, it's not even worth arguing :rolleyes:

Archived