Snsd Controveries: Genie Remake Or Original?

Guest Econxp

Guest Econxp

Original please read
SNSD's 'Tell Me Your Wish' got Plagiarised

14138s3.jpg

medgallery2423103810556.jpg

aww group hug

gallery10102317878.jpg

because i love this pic of sooyoung

SNSD, who has been surrounded by controversy due to plagiarism claims, have found that it was actually the female singer from Uzbekistan that used the SNSD without permission, and have received a huge shock.

The song had been recently circulating around the the internet titled 'Tell Me your Wish Original Song' and caused a stir among netizens. The song 'Ruqsga Tushgin' performed by female Uzbekistan singer Dineyra was uploaded on to YouTube in April, sparking rumours that SNSD were plagiarising music.

However, it was revealed that it was in fact Dineyra, not SNSD that had used the song without permission.

Universal Music Publishing Group, who own the rights to 'Tell Me Your Wish' stated on the 2nd of July that "We do not know who Dineyra from Uzbekistan is, and we have never given her permission to use this song." and continued to say, "Dineyra's version is clearly a case of plagiarism." They also stated, "We will pursue legal action over this blatant plagiarism." and vented their frustration.

SM Entertainment also released a statement, saying, "The rights to SNSD's 'Tell Me Your Wish' were bought officially from Universal Music Publishing group by SM, and received permission to release it for the first time in the world. We received a demo from the Dsign team, and SM adjusted the song, editing the melody and lyrics to create the new song." clarifying the rumours.

-----

Credits to: Jo Sangwon jsw0724@kwnews.co.kr

Translation: junyeoli@soshified.com

http://www.kwnews.co.kr/view.asp?aid=209070100180&s=601

--------------------

i apologize for the excessive boldin and resizing, but some ppl just dont know how to read. plus im tired of ppl/anti goin directly to gg thread tellin us how snsd plagiarised

So yes Dineyra did release it before snsd but the copyrights were sold to sm first thus sm owns the song. this is an original song not a remake. dont blame Dineyra since it's probably their company's fault. the song got leaked while deliverin the song to sm, i think

So antis u Fail =P now go away...to the rest: neutral/fans-sones, this is the truth, hope this clears up some misunderstandings

anyways to ease the tension

zjv0n5.jpg

taengoo! <3

maniloveheragressivenes.gif

taengoo says ARG/Roar to all the bashers

agressivekissu.gif

n kiss u goodbye <3

Cr. lowD@ssf

ps. preview to myungsica "cold noodle" song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVaU--Th_c

luv how the girls are fangirling

~NaengMyeon, Naengmyeon, Naengmyeon~

u know the rules, no bashin please

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest baby-swts

yes yes yes thank you for posting

:)

Tell me your wish (genie)

IS SNSD's SONG FIRST!!!!!

they copied snsd

so all haters should shut their mouths :rolleyes:<_<

pointing at you "STAND" :lol:

can't wait for Dineyra to be sued LOL

Guest vpower

haha...those two gifs of TaeYeon. she's such an adorable, special one.

i'm glad this is starting to get cleared up. people were so quick to jump on SM's back and point fingers. actually, that's been happening a lot lately with SNSD. these girls are so popular to a point where certain people will find anything, big or small, to bring them down. they should know by now that SNSD comprises of some of the toughest girls out there and that when someone tries to break them, they only fight harder to raise themselves back up. they've proven that quite a few times already.

Guest disfunktional.

Oh, then yay ^^ i was disappointed it wasn't an original by them but it is so i'm happy =) I knew SM isn't that dumb or careless, haha. The lady will probably get fined badly.

Guest jgal16

Even though the truth is out now, some people will keep saying its SM who plagiarize and this song is a remake..

No matter how many times you tell antifans the truth they will just say that snsd fans are just overprotective.

I bet this thread wont even make more than half of the pages the previous thread got.

Guest she-smiles

they copied snsd

so all haters should shut up :rolleyes:<_<

pointing at you "STAND" :lol:

we should actually be thankful to the antis (if it even were antis who discovered this). :rolleyes:

if not for them, dineyra's song would probably still be floating around freely, and SME probably had no clue.

Guest fallen*angel

^why would sones be thankful to antis?

thats the most ridiculous thing i've heard today .____.

even if they found the vid (but not for the right reason) because they wanted to try to prove

that snsd are copy catters.

The lady will probably get fined badly.

Indeed she will, its SM baybee. 8)

Im glad Anti's know the truth now, and they can stop bashing on the girls

saying they copied, cause they can't!

... they need to get a life l0l..

snsd ftw

Guest Lishathestain

Im glad Anti's know the truth now, and they can stop bashing on the girls

lol u know they won't stop.

I bet this thread wont even make more than half of the pages the previous thread got.

yep, to be expected.

Guest KsDreams

antis will always be antis, no matter what the girls do, they will still hate and bash.

but it's still good that those issues are solved quickly because even simple non-fans/non-antis tend to judge and bash before knowing the truth. -.-"

Guest minanki25

what a relieved thanks for clearing up the situation

true antis will always be antis but for now In Your Face Antis

Guest damifino

Something is not quite right. When the SNSD song first came out, SM never mentioned anything about the song being written by anyone other than Yoo Young Jin and proudly boasted that Yoo Young Jin who wrote hits for DBSK and BoA also wrote this song. But having heard the other version of the song, it seems clear that Yoo Young Jin didn't have anything to do with the song other than the Korean lyrics. They said that Yoo Young Jin changed the melody around as well as other contributions, but the melody is virtually identical in both songs. So why didn't SM mention that the song was purchased from foreign songwriters when the news of the song first came out? Why claim that Yoo Young Jin wrote the song? Also the song is too similar for the other artist to blatantly steal a demo from a HUGE corporation like Universal Music. I don't know about the singer from Uzbekistan's position, but both SM and Universal Music's statements seem a bit suspicious.

Guest MIZxSUZIExQ

this was posted by someone on daum

this is from universal publishing group

To whom it may concern:

Regarding:

ORIGINAL VERSION:

I JUST WANNA DANCE

Original Composers. Authors: Harambasic, Nermin / Jenssen, Robin / Svendsen, Ronny / Wik, Anne Judith / Schjoldan, Fridolin Nordso

Original Publisher: Universal Music Publishing AB (SWEDEN)

Sub Publisher: Universal Music Publishing KOREA

APPROVED KOREAN VERSION:

TELL ME YOUR WISH (GENIE)

Recorded. performed and released by Korean artists Girls Generation (SM Entertainment)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stockholm, Sweden July 2, 2009

It has come to my attention that there’s an unauthorized and illegal version of “I Just Wanna Dance / Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)” floating around on internet and YouTube with an Uzbeki artist called Dineyra.

This artist’s version of “I Just Wanna Dance / Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) “ is entitled “Raqsga Tushgin”. It also seems that the people behind “Raqsga Tushgin” are unlawfully crediting themselves as the original composers and authors.

I hereby confirm! that this is an illegal, unlawful unauthorized version recorded and released without any formal approval from the original writers and publisher - Universal Music Publishing AB (UMPG). The only artist given exclusive permission to first recording rights of this song is Korean pop act Girls Generation on SM Entertainment Korea. This approval was personally given by me to SM Entertainment in early 2009.

I also hereby confirm! that there’s no act of plagiarism, fraud or unethical business practice on Girls Generation’s and SM Entertainment’s behalf. The group and label have, as always, acted utterly professional and in good faith. UMPG and SM Entertainment have a tremendous and very successful relationship. Evidence of this, is the large amount of UMPG-songs SM Entertainment have chosen to record with their top artists BOA, TVXQ, Super Junior and Girls Generation.

UMPG is the world’s largest music publisher and we exclusively represent the very talented Norwegian writing and production team DSign Music (R Jenssen / AJ Wik / R Svendsen / N Harambasic) as well as non-exclusive representation of selected publishing work of Danish top writer / producer Fridolin. These writers are shocked and outraged by the fact that their work has been violated and abused. UMPG will of course immediately look into the legal matters of this copyright violation.

Sincerely,

PL

Pelle Lidell

European A&R Executive

Universal Music Publishing Ltd

Universal Music Publishing Group

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best wishes

Robin Jenssen

CEO / Producer

Dsign Music AS

Jamthaugveien 96

N-7562 HUNDHAMAREN

NORWAY

Guest Banana Robot

So Dineyra was the one who plagiarized? Deym, this is a huge embarrassment to the anti's. Lmfaooo.

How did she copy SNSD when her song was released in April and Genie was released a few days ago? Someone clarify.

That made me stop to think for a while. Reading from the article you gave, Genie was leaked? I'm a confused dudeee now.

Guest i.said.hi

this does not make sense.

how did the group copy snsd? their mv was posted up on april of 2009, snsd came out in june. whhhhhhaaat?

Archived