[variety] God Of Cookery Expedition 식신원정대

Guest Diavle

Episode 88:

HQ, LQ, Stream: http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/2009/0...ion-episode-88/

I opted for the official ep numbering so this is the real ep 88.

Thanks for looking out for our manly interests binaa2, too bad I can't stand SGB.

As for the ep and the new format, I'm really digging it. Looks like one of the staff picked up a dictionary and looked up "expedition". Its more open/unpredictable now with more time spent on the go fooling around instead of sitting and eating.

They had em up and running at 4:00 a.m. :blink:

I don't know if he's a permanent but the new guy is rather... unique... both in the looks and voice department. They had his face blurred out at first and he spoke with this odd/cartoony voice (not unusual for them to change voices with blurred out ppl) but it turned out that that's his actual voice. I don't know if they were kidding or not but it seemed that they told him that if he did well then they'd let him stay on and if not then they would kick him of the bus... yeah, its a bus now and t comes with its very own staff member who hides behind seats and gives out hint cards.

It was HY's birthday when they were filming this ep, they got a real nice cake for her too. I wonder if JJH will actually succeed in stamping her face into a dessert one of these days?

Lol at HY taking a big bite out of that really hot green pepper.

The way they were making that paste sure didn't look appetizing, still, KSY aced that one by a mile compared to the others.

Wonder why JJH is into South Asian finger/nail coloring all of a sudden? the orange stuff

The new guy was in the preview for the next ep, not sure if he's actually staying permanently but I wouldn't mind it at all. The force seems to be strong in this one.

The next ep looks great KSY, being the short little thing that she is, can't be very heavy... can she?

The only show I was watching on a regular basis was IaSF: Survival & now, GoC. I usually only watch other variety shows when someone of interest appears.

I think you're right & this show will reach the 100 episode mark. It'll suck major if it gets to episode 99 & is canceled eh? laugh.gif

There wouldn't be enough drop kicks in the world :lol:

Dang, I'm surprised you don't at least watch Family Outing, it gets subbed regularly and the majority of the eps are really great. Kinda surprised at how little you watch actually (unless the ppl that interest you appear on other shows a lot, of course).

I haven't yet but I think I'll start to watch it to see how HY does on it.

Sweet, guess we'll be raiding the GM thread soon eh? :P

If the show is to our liking, of course.

Thanks binaa2 for the info on HJY being picked as a cheerleader on IS...I pretty much had zero interest in that show but now I think I'll start to watch it.

Cuts plz.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why JJH is into South Asian finger/nail coloring all of a sudden? the orange stuff

Dang, I'm surprised you don't at least watch Family Outing, it gets subbed regularly and the majority of the eps are really great. Kinda surprised at how little you watch actually (unless the ppl that interest you appear on other shows a lot, of course).

I explained that a while back i think. He lost a game on Infinite Challenge and the punishment was

that they coloured his fingers. They used that old korean herb/flower that girls are supposed to use on their

fingernails during summer and if the colour is still on the nails in the fall you will meet your loveed one,

or something like that. So it's a pretty hard colour to remove i guess.

Personally i download a LOT of different shows each week but i also fastclick through them if i find them boring :)

I hardly watch any normal television nowadays. I'm too used to beeing able to quickly fastforward through boring parts

and avoid commercials.

I explained that a while back i think. He lost a game on Infinite Challenge and the punishment was

that they coloured his fingers. They used that old korean herb/flower that girls are supposed to use on their

fingernails during summer and if the colour is still on the nails in the fall you will meet your loveed one,

or something like that. So it's a pretty hard colour to remove i guess.

Ah sorry, missed that.

That's interesting, hope he meets a really nice guy. I thought he did it like in India etc where they use it as hand/foot decoration.

Personally i download a LOT of different shows each week but i also fastclick through them if i find them boring :)

I hardly watch any normal television nowadays. I'm too used to beeing able to quickly fastforward through boring parts

and avoid commercials.

We might as well be twins lol.

I've stopped watching television completely. for the same reasons as you. well that and I think American/Canadian programs suck

About the new format. Seems interresting though one drawback is that the more talking and other food unrelated stuff

they do, the more dependant on understanding korean you are.

Maybe they kicked off all idols to have more budget for the expeditions :lol:

j/k don't think the appearance fee for one or two idols/guests will make or break the show.

So personally i hope we get to see more guests again.

offtopic:

Here are the 'cheerleading' cuts from the last episode...btw, this show isn't really that entertaining & Battery is about the only thing to keep me even interested in it. :lol:

Cheerleading cuts subbed by Tiara's fansubgroup. Well most since it's focused on the tiara member.

Do you recognize that guy with the glasses who apparently joined this show? Is he a gag guy or something?

I recognize him as in i've seen him on shows before. But i have no idea who is.

Probably 'cause i wasn't paying attention. :lol:

Thanks for the summary & links^^

I gotta get around to watching this soon 'cuz it sounds like a really entertaining episode. Who is this new guy you mentioned & that I see in cute girl's previews? I don't recognize him at all? I noticed the SS501 guy MCing on some new SBS variety show about the environment, so I wonder if he got the boot permanently from GoC? Not that he'll be missed & this new guy sounds like he will add much more than that guy ever did anyway if he stays on as a permanent part of the crew.

Looking more closely at those caps, that guy with the glasses & cartoony voice looks like one of the regulars I've seen appear on that MBC Body, Body, Body show but not sure? :unsure:

No prob

Never seen him before but I'd be surprised if he's anything but a gagman first and foremost.

Is it that show which SS501 will be hosting with some other idols (like Brian, iirc)? Eitherway, yeah, good riddance.

Let's hijack that thread while we are at it.

Its as good as ours, buddy.

We'll be the 3 Hijacking Musketeers, if binaa joins us.

Here are the 'cheerleading' cuts from the last episode...btw, this show isn't really that entertaining & Battery is about the only thing to keep me even interested in it.

So good, thanks man.

*sigh* I wish I had a fast internet connection which would allow me to download a lot of shows too but alas, I have to pick & choose which ones to spend bandwidth on. <_< I got my fingers crossed that my neighborhood gets fiber optic broadband soon.

I can mail you a bunch of DVDs filled with shows if you like, have 6 DVDs worth of FO alone hehe.

btw Diavle, here is the cut of the auditions from the previous ep...must see TV hehe...especially Battery & that girl from f (x)

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=501...c5577947867a5

Can't wait to watch this when I get back from work, thanks.

Says "file not found" :(

Cheerleading cuts subbed by Tiara's fansubgroup. Well most since it's focused on the tiara member.

Awesome, thanks.

About the new format. Seems interresting though one drawback is that the more talking and other food unrelated stuff

they do, the more dependant on understanding korean you are.

Maybe they kicked off all idols to have more budget for the expeditions

j/k don't think the appearance fee for one or two idols/guests will make or break the show.

So personally i hope we get to see more guests again.

Wasn't it the other way round? More activity, less talk.

You guys know how much these guys get to appear as a guest on a show? Like GoC or Song Battle etc? Been curious about this for a while.

Yup, guests would be great but if not then I won't mind, more than content with the current four (now that the weak link has been removed).More time spent having fun, less time spent baby-sitting guests

Dang, was KSY going to eat all those hard boiled eggs by herself? I must say she had a cool one hand technique for cracking the shells & stuffing her mouth with them.

KSY showing her prowess at hording apples. Man, I have to say those apples looked really good & super juicy. The inside looked different from the type of apples we are used to here in the 'states. :o

She was just joking , you can see later that others are eating eggs also.

That apple reminds me of a sort my grandmother used to have when i was little.

I didn't remember it's name so i had to look it up.

Apparently it was a local swedish sort called "stenkyrkeäpple" (direct transl. stone church apple)

Anyway it was reddish outside and had darker spots inside because it was so full of fruitjuice.

And yes they were delicious. I guess thoose types of apples don't fare well in todays massproduction.

Because of all juice they are very fragile. They whould probably be ruined before they got to the stores.

EDIT:

offtopic:

The subbed KBS world version of SGB ep 249 with Battery (among others)

has been uploaded on d-addicts (as torrent)

It seems like "Song Battle" been cancelled according to someone in that thread. Last ep will air 15th Oct.

Episode 89:

HQ, LQ, Stream: http://wolfbladedemon.wordpress.com/2009/0...ion-episode-89/

Another great ep, really liking what they have done to the show overall (now I pretty much enjoy it in its entirety).

SOME SPOILERS

Seems HY has a thing for bewbs. First it was Eun Hye and now its KSY turn:

MBCDRAMAGodofCookeryExpeditionE8-5.jpg

The real kicker was KSY saying that not only did she grope her but squeezed as well :lol:

MBCDRAMAGodofCookeryExpeditionE8-4.jpg

Anyone else finding this quirk of her's incredibly hot?

MBCDRAMAGodofCookeryExpeditionE8-7.jpg

You were right, the guy was sweating buckets they kept talking him into cutting more and more even though they only needed 4

And KSY got a taste of her own medicine, though its a much bigger sack:

MBCDRAMAGodofCookeryExpeditionE8909.jpg

Man, she's powerful as hell. On Song Battle she picked one guy up and carried him over her shoulder.

The flag game was fun. What were they rolling about when they were saying the game's name? Sounded like "Son of a -something-"

MBCDRAMAGodofCookeryExpeditionE8-3.jpg

Too bad there was no preview for next week.

Yeah, that sounds cool but I might be moving soon, so I'll PM you to let you know where to mail them. ;)

Great, lmk when you're all set up.

Sorry about the cheerleader auditions, I was half asleep when I posted this morning & somehow managed to screw up the link. Here is the correct d/l link:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=501...c5577947867a57e

Its cool.

I was tingling all over they was yellow *snort*, thanks man.

okay finally managed to catch episode #88, it was pretty fun but that new gag guy wasn't that funny when he was trying to intentionally make the crew laugh with his impersonations & zany faces.

Didn't get it either, looked pretty lame.

LOL at that one kid who was scared to shake KSY's hand.

He expression was pricess, lol JJH saying he looked at KSY as if she was a monster I think its a word they use for a water dwelling monster but not sure.

This was funny when they had the little chili pepper plots labeled after the crew.

They had em labeled after the GoC crew? Awesome :lol:

That apple reminds me of a sort my grandmother used to have when i was little.

I didn't remember it's name so i had to look it up.

Apparently it was a local swedish sort called "stenkyrkeäpple" (direct transl. stone church apple)

Anyway it was reddish outside and had darker spots inside because it was so full of fruitjuice.

And yes they were delicious. I guess thoose types of apples don't fare well in todays massproduction.

Because of all juice they are very fragile. They whould probably be ruined before they got to the stores.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Hope to try it one day (juicy/hard are my fave types, hate the soft/cotton like ones).

It seems like "Song Battle" been cancelled according to someone in that thread. Last ep will air 15th Oct.

No big loss for me regarding "Song Battle" getting the axe but Diavle might feel differently.

Meh, no big loss for me either. It was fun and became part of my weekly ritual but it was no Schoolympics/IaSF..

Is it just me or does HY enter a new show right before an existing one gets cancelled? First she enters GOC and IaSF gets canned, now she enters Gold Miss and Song Battle gets cancelled. Guess we will have to fear for GOC if she announces a new show :P

Is it just me or does HY enter a new show right before an existing one gets cancelled? First she enters GOC and IaSF gets canned, now she enters Gold Miss and Song Battle gets cancelled. Guess we will have to fear for GOC if she announces a new show

You might have something there. But it's probably the other way around. She knew the old one was going down the drain

and made sure she had a new gig in the sack.

I have to admit i'm getting to like this new format also. But that new guy is just in the way.

I'd rather see 3 plus a guest than 3 plus a deadweight as it is now.

One other thing as they now scurge the countryside more. The food is a bit more recognizible if you also watch

1n2d and FO. I think this bamboo thing plus grilled meat featured in a 1n2d episode.

They had to play the perfect pitch game and if they failed MC Mong's manager, who was grilling the meat, got to

eat it instead. lets just say the manager got more meat than he wanted that day :lol:

You mentioned the PD. I wonder if this change is because he got a bit more budget to play with and/or if there

is a new PD for the show also.

Yea no preview. But those outtakes of cut scenes was pretty funny also.

^Thanks for the research, I uh… don’t think I will be following his work any time soon.

thanks for the links + stream ppl :)

Noticed they were playing the theme song to "MacGyver" when JJH was cutting that bamboo & even showed a pic of Richard Dean Anderson.

No prob

I never could get into that show for some reason.

I heard HY say something about him having a pointy, sharp pelvic bone or something that jabbed her leg when that gag guy had her on his back. :lol: Forget about it, when she tried to carry him.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen her carry someone and it had to be a toothpick of all things

Not sure but I thought that 'sekkya' was a curse word lol. So the name is "grab this you SOB" :lol: That staff guy seemed to get embarrassed a couple of times he said the name of the game.

That was hilarious.

About the staff guy, is he just staff or the PD? Either way I rather enjoy his presence, far more than the toothpick. Lol at him hiding behind JJH’s seat in the bus (you could see his butt sticking out the whole time he was undercover).

I have to say that kalbi looked really good. But did anyone else notice that dog was no longer showing up when they brought out the meat? I'm just sayin'... :ph34r:

They did say something like it was so delicious that you would never look to a stake again.

About the dog, yeah its reactions were very ‘I don’t give a snap’. Usually when they see dogs in shows they go all “Oooh, a doggie?!” and stuff but I found it interesting how the foursome just walked by it, it too just ignored them and continued liking itself. Seemed like a very smart dog overall, even obeyed JJH.

Yellow is my favorite color now hehe. Oh, just in case you another Battery fix, here's the cut from this week's Invincible Saturday...she looks good in the hoodie & shorts.

Yellow is my fave color too! this moment would have had potential if you weren’t a fellow man

Too bad for the stupid pillow she hung on too.

Really appreciate all the cuts, you is my Battery source :P

I noticed that gag guy is extremely useless. I gave him a pass last week 'cuz it was his first episode but he hasn't done anything to make me even notice him on this show. He is kinda annoying as well. Makes me wish that SS501 guy came back. The show would be better off with just the main three MCs IMO.

I have to admit i'm getting to like this new format also. But that new guy is just in the way.

I'd rather see 3 plus a guest than 3 plus a deadweight as it is now.

Very much agree, he hasn’t done even one thing worth mentioning during the span of both episodes.

He wasn’t in the preview for the new format and the official site still only has three mugs so it seems pretty safe to hope for guests (maybe that’s why they didn’t show a preview for the next ep?).

You might have something there. But it's probably the other way around. She knew the old one was going down the drain

and made sure she had a new gig in the sack.

Yeah, pretty much.

But those outtakes of cut scenes was pretty funny also.

I love that this show shows these.

EDIT:

Description for ep 90 is up:

Siksin Expedition 90 times

Siksin expedition "with a peer-to Chuseok"

* Baek Ji Young, Kara's 한승연, Kim Tae Woo, Shawn Sides, boom, grinding jin

"Siksin expedition" hanging?!

* Savory rice and veggie sandwiches and crisp garlic chicken tongmaneul,

Sweet and chewy on the Chuseok deunggalbi gangjeong Songpyeon!!

* In the lemon juice saengmaneul!? Chuseok gift set of MC's breath

Blocked · ³ îÀÌ face! Ta-dah! Chuseok Special Attractions

Rich "siksin expedition"!

October 2 ~ 6:20 p.m. Friday! Please watch a lot ~

Woot!

Looks like you're right binaa, PD seems to have gotten his hands on some money.

Guest binaa2

EDIT:

Description for ep 90 is up:

Siksin Expedition 90 times

Siksin expedition "with a peer-to Chuseok"

* Baek Ji Young, Kara's 한승연, Kim Tae Woo, Shawn Sides, boom, grinding jin

"Siksin expedition" hanging?!

* Savory rice and veggie sandwiches and crisp garlic chicken tongmaneul,

Sweet and chewy on the Chuseok deunggalbi gangjeong Songpyeon!!

* In the lemon juice saengmaneul!? Chuseok gift set of MC's breath

Blocked · ³ îÀÌ face! Ta-dah! Chuseok Special Attractions

Rich "siksin expedition"!

October 2 ~ 6:20 p.m. Friday! Please watch a lot ~

Woot!

Looks like you're right binaa, PD seems to have gotten his hands on some money.

Ahh BJY , KTW and thats Kara's Han Seung Yeon.

Looks like its going to be a real special special.

Offtopic

September's four episodes of "Happy Together Season 3" KBS world versions.

Have been uploaded to d-addicts. Since the first two of them is the summer special with

Hong Jin Young among others. I thought you might be interrested.

Guest Diavle

Diavle I think that gal (Park So Hyun) you thought was cute from Miss Gold is going come on too!

Oh snap, her and Baek ji Young?

The gods, they smile upon us.

Well let's just say I'm glad the pooch didn't end up on the grill.

Amen.

Just as a side note, I thought this article was interesting & shocking! :o

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...lebrity_crimes/

I heard of some of these incidents but dang, didn't realize people were killed! Guess it pays to be a celeb & rich everywhere in the world eh? Except in Tiger JK's case it seems, with the cops setting him up. :blink:

Someone showed it to me yesterday, crazy what money can do over there. Gotta blame the people themselves as well, settling cases out of court for money.

The guy getting out of jail after just 1 year of prison after killing that woman and trying to hide her body left me speechless. That and he instantly goes back to variety shows? Just... yeah.

Have you seen the Korean movie Holiday? It tackles a similar theme, very good stuff. I can up it for you If you want to watch it but can't find it

Guest binaa2

Thanks for the torrent as usual.

I see from the screencaps of Kim Tae Woo and KSY that it's from

behind the scene of the recording of the chusok special "shall we dance".

BJY was one of the MC's there and KTW , KSY , Kara's Han Seung Yeon , Boom and Park So Hyun

were among the contestants. So I don't know yet if they are just shown briefly backstage, or if they

are in the whole show. Guess i'll know when i finish downloading :)

PSH won btw, but she has a background of dancing ballet if i remember correctly.

Guest binaa2

The game this week was some board game to see who gets to receive some prizes for Chuseok & apparently the loser has to eat/drink some nasty stuff like this shot of straight lemon juice. I think Boom was supposed to play but he split & this guy had to fill in hehe.

I was surprised JJH gave a gift to that gal from KARA & even invited her to come on the show but totally shafted that 2AM guy who was on this show before haha. He treated him like a total stranger in the hallway.

Think boom had to hurry over to the "shall we dance" recording, as i mentioned he was one of the contestants also.

And he treated that kid as a stranger because it WAS a stranger :lol:

Thats not a 2AM guy , that was just HSY's dance partner. Some random kid i guess who does ballroom dancing.

(and now probably is envied by all his male friends)

offtopic

HJY on 1000 song challenge chusok special 091003

hjyon1000songchallenge0.jpg

EDIT

Because of chusok aigo-media.net has open registration again.

If you like downloading shows in MU format i recommend getting an account there.

(if you don't allready have one that is)

Edit 2

Just felt for uploading this:

HJY singing Gee on 1000 song challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWSrI4aexU

Guest binaa2

Quick headsup. It's HY's first episode on Gold Miss today.

Watching it live since it is aired right before this dance battle show i wanna catch.

Archived