GANTZ

Guest c h r i s t i n e

Guest c h r i s t i n e
violence, horror, science-fic.
has anyone read it? i haven't finished it yet, but i think it's really good... in a twisted way. gantz27an01.jpgBasically, this is bout a 16-year-old high school student named Kurono Kei. He lives by himself in an apartment, has no friends, and is very selfish. Oh yes... he's also very perverted and wishes to have sex with every girl with gigantic breasts... o_O One day, Kurono meets his old classmate, Kato Masaru, on the subway platform. When Kurono and Kato try to help a man who has fallen on the subway tracks, they get decapitated. All of a sudden, their body parts begin to disappear, and both Kurono and Kato find themselves in a small room with a black sphere. It's as if the accident never happened. They also find many other people there, who supposedly had died too. Gantz, the black sphere, gives them these really cool high-tech weapons and suits. Their mission is to kill the aliens that the sphere shows them a picture of. Those who try to go home end up dying by the explosives that are planted in their brains, and therefore they are forced to carry out the missions within a time limit. Many die in each mission, and those who survive are allowed to go home--- well, until the next mission. This keeps going on and on, and points are given to those who manage to kill the aliens. No one knows who made this black sphere and who sent it. The only thing that the "chosen" people know is that it chooses who lives and dies. Some of the questions that keep recurring are: Is this a TV game show or is it reality? What is the true nature of the aliens and where did they come from? What is this world? Why can't people see them? Where did these weapons of superior technology come from? Who and what is Gantz? Who programmed or created this black sphere? You have to register and become a member with 15 points to read the manga here: http://manga.anime-source.com/manga/module...name=Manga&id=4 Or just click here, but it doesn't have as many chapters scanlated as above: http://www.thespectrum.net/manga.shtml#gantz
Published by: Dark Horse
Anime Episodes: 26
*This series has also games released WARNING: THIS MANGA IS FULL OF GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND SOME NUDITY.
gantz_wallpaper_hd_3-1280x960.jpg
gantz_wallpaper_hd_2-normal.jpg
648c95f5c94bab28396e1cauf6.jpg

Guest Take Five

i like it a lot...i think it's pretty exciting. i guess my only gripes with it are that after awhile, i sometimes can't tell who is who and they don't explain much about what's going on. i wanna buy the dvds someday since they're uncut. watching the edited version of season 1 was the most painful thing ever.

They killed off too many new charaters too fast. Some of them are interesting too. Btw is that stupid lil kid that yells Muscle Rider dead yet?

Guest Take Five

^nah, i think everyone from that mission lived...which is kinda amazing. and one of those guys got 100 points...the guy with sunglasses(don't remember who he is...psychic guy maybe?). he chose to bring some other guy back but i don't know who it was. anyway, sorry if that's too much info lol.

Guest c h r i s t i n e

^ yeah... something like that. i haven't read farther than that because they haven't updated it yet.

does anyone know how long this manga is? i mean... what's the last chapter?

i really want to watch the DVD. it sounds so cool. =D

i dont think the author has an ending volume for it yet. so far, they did not explain the origin of Gantz and the man in it. All we see so far are pretty much missions after missions.

• 2 years later...
Guest yennchan~~

i think it's a great manga~~love of how the manga is drawn..cool!! it's pretty exciting,actually~~hehe

Guest azn_dorothy

oh my goodness T-TT

it's an awesome manga... i cried at some points : [[[[

the art is really good too.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest l-article

Ahhh~ I just read the most recent ch(321)~

It's sooo great!! And apparently there's going to be a two part live action movie! I'm not a fan of japanese live action movies, but it looks so good so far in the trailers~

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Clips from Japanese TV shows

• 1 month later...

by the time I got to chapter 90'sh, I was pissed off cause the story was building up and then

they killed off a lot of people

. If the series would have ended there, I would have been satisfied but noooooooo lol. Now I really don't want to finish it <_< .

Guest Patchou

i don't really like gantz.

it's like:

-are you over 40?

-are you a hot girl whose name is not reika?

-are you a male that has had any sort of emotional interaction with the protagonist?

-are you shy?

oh, well then you're dead.

not to mention they introduce all this stuff with hardcore samurai vampires and such, only to completely throw them away at some point. it's like you could start in the last 30 chapters, and you wouldn't be missing much.

Archived