What was your first korean drama/movie?

Guest kiwistar

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The first Korean drama I remember watching is Pine Tree and it came out in the early 90's... around 92 or 93 I believe. However, I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade and could barely speak or understand Korean then so it was just me watching my mom watch the drama. The first drama I remember watching because I wanted to watch it was Papa in 95 or 96 ish I believe.

Guest ManetaT

Hmmm.. There were lots of Korean dramas shown locally before but I had no interest in them then (maybe because I was still a kid who was crazy about Sailormoon) though I remembered gushing whenever 'Lovers In Paris' would be advertised.

Anyway, the very first Korean Drama that got me really sticking from first ep to the last was "Baker King:Kim Tak Goo". My family and I watched it together and we lived like hermits for almost three days. One of the best Kdramas ever.

For the Korean Movie, it was 'Diary Of June'. What a heartbreaking, tearjerking movie! :)

Guest calendar

My first kdrama was To The Beautiful You. I watched it because of Sulli and Minho, and I fell in love with Lee Hyun Woo. So cute! ^___________^

Guest minjjangxx1846

My first drama was Paradise Ranch, but I didn't get to finish it -- the first one I actually finished was Boys Over Flowers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zulmme.

first Korean movie was in 2005,  Oldboy  followed by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Tidal Wave (Haeundae), Treeless Mountain, The chaser (Chugyeogja), Members of the funeral ... and many others.

"Jewell in the palace" was the first k-drama, in 2009 followed by Yi San, Damo, Hur Jun, Queen Seon Deok and many other Korean historical dramas.The first modern k-drama was Heartless City.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RosemarieP

First k-drama is beautiful days by lee byung hun and choi ji woo

First k-movie is Rough Cut by So Ji Sub and Kang Ji hwan

Guest bajgajka

My first korean drama was My Princess. I watched it whole in two nights when I was supposed to study for my exams :D

Archived