[drama 2006] Someday 썸데이

ay_link

Guest Rosepetal

Waah...I found this "Someday" thread...yay!!^^

I am watching "Someday" right now,,,,,,I have watched till episode 8 so far...and I must say I am loving this drama so much!!!

It's too bad that Yellow Film who produced "Alone in Love" (another well-made, quality drama from what I heard) produced "Someday" and decided to broadcast it on OCN, a cable channel (?) that airs movies, foreign dramas/films.

Thus, it didn't get too much exposure and didn't receive the good rating which it deserved...

But, I read somewhere that it has won awards and is recognized by the critics as a great drama, different from other typical K-dramas and their cliche plot.

My friend burned this on DVD for me, and I decided to watch it because I became a fan of Lee Jin-Wook after watching "Air City". He is really a great actor despite the fact that he's fairly new, acting experience of only 1 year at the time when he acted in Someday.... I like Bae Doo-Na in this drama and Oh Yoon-Ah is also great!! ^^

I am going to watch ep. 9 tonite and it will get even better! This drama is so cute, beautiful, mellow, funny and yes, very heart-warming!!! It really makes me think alot...I can't pass each line what the character is saying!~

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waah...I found this "Someday" thread...yay!!^^

I am watching "Someday" right now,,,,,,I have watched till episode 8 so far...and I must say I am loving this drama so much!!!

It's too bad that Yellow Film who produced "Alone in Love" (another well-made, quality drama from what I heard) produced "Someday" and decided to broadcast it on OCN, a cable channel (?) that airs movies, foreign dramas/films.

Thus, it didn't get too much exposure and didn't receive the good rating which it deserved...

But, I read somewhere that it has won awards and is recognized by the critics as a great drama, different from other typical K-dramas and their cliche plot.

My friend burned this on DVD for me, and I decided to watch it because I became a fan of Lee Jin-Wook after watching "Air City". He is really a great actor despite the fact that he's fairly new, acting experience of only 1 year at the time when he acted in Someday.... I like Bae Doo-Na in this drama and Oh Yoon-Ah is also great!! ^^

I am going to watch ep. 9 tonite and it will get even better! This drama is so cute, beautiful, mellow, funny and yes, very heart-warming!!! It really makes me think alot...I can't pass each line the character is saying!~

Hi!

This is a rather "lonely" thread after 2 months over at Coffee Prince, but this series is airing in the US on AZN television.

I'm really enjoying it too.

Glad to know I'm not the only one on the planet watching this!!

Nice to meet you.

canyayasis

So, I have been grabbing this off AZN with my dvr, and have seen up to the end ep 11 and part of ep 12. Wow. Such a sad turn of events. So much heartbreak. I can't stand to watch anymore of it until I have the last few episodes in one sitting.

Lee Jin-wook as Seok-man and Bae Doo Na as Hana are perfect. I wish there were more happy scenes between the two. Now, they never see each other. And when they do, it's so sad.

Kim Min Joon is a great actor and plays Dr. Go Jin Pyo really well! Too bad he had to go from cute though somewhat creepy manga fan-boy to such an opportunistic manipulator. Sometimes, I wish Hana would just stand up for herself more... Not that he does anything truly evil... He just misleads Hana into believing the worst of Seok-man every chance he gets... taking advantage of her confused feelings for Seok-man.

(This is a quiet thread, but that's okay. At least, there's not a lot of spam to wade through.)

I do hope more people will post their opionions of this series. I had more to say, but have forgotten, now...

I cannot wait to watch the rest of this series and am seriously considering buying the dvds... I love the animations/drawings/sketches that they show... especially how each episode ends with a sketch of the scene.

Kim Min Joon is a great actor and plays Dr. Go Jin Pyo really well! Too bad he had to go from cute though somewhat creepy manga fan-boy to such an opportunistic manipulator. Sometimes, I wish Hana would just stand up for herself more... Not that he does anything truly evil... He just misleads Hana into believing the worst of Seok-man every chance he gets... taking advantage of her confused feelings for Seok-man.

I really hope the doctor ends up with Hana. I understand your opinion on him. But that Seok-man is such a depressing guy, who wants to be in a relationship with him. I know he has reason to be like that but still. He such a downer. :(

I really hope the doctor ends up with Hana. I understand your opinion on him. But that Seok-man is such a depressing guy, who wants to be in a relationship with him. I know he has reason to be like that but still. He such a downer. :(

Dude, no way!!!

Seok-man was so awesome in the beginning, such a romantic. I love how he always teased Hana. I think she needed someone to point out to her how introverted she really was, to help her come out of her shell a little more. And seriously, I like how he doesn't treat her like she's a kid who can't do anything for herself. The doctor is always just doing things for her, he's really irksome. haha I'm totally rooting for Hana and Seok-man.

Have you noticed that, although, Lee Jin-wook usually looks sooo serious; when he smiles, he looks like a little boy with a secret. Very cute.

And, I wish the doctor would realize that it's Hye-young that he really loves. I think they're perfect for each other. It's such a contrast, though, the way they help the other two. Like, Hye-young really helped Seok-man out when he needed it most and all she asks is that he works hard for her project. She does things for people in the background and never lets on that she knows their secrets. Very respectable. Whereas the doctor goes out of his way to do things for Hana and her family and let's everyone know his intentions and she really can't give anything back in return; but she's supposed to fall in love with him and marry him? That's creepy.

;D

Dude, no way!!!

Seok-man was so awesome in the beginning, such a romantic. I love how he always teased Hana. I think she needed someone to point out to her how introverted she really was, to help her come out of her shell a little more. And seriously, I like how he doesn't treat her like she's a kid who can't do anything for herself. The doctor is always just doing things for her, he's really irksome. haha I'm totally rooting for Hana and Seok-man.

Have you noticed that, although, Lee Jin-wook usually looks sooo serious; when he smiles, he looks like a little boy with a secret. Very cute.

And, I wish the doctor would realize that it's Hye-young that he really loves. I think they're perfect for each other. It's such a contrast, though, the way they help the other two. Like, Hye-young really helped Seok-man out when he needed it most and all she asks is that he works hard for her project. She does things for people in the background and never lets on that she knows their secrets. Very respectable. Whereas the doctor goes out of his way to do things for Hana and her family and let's everyone know his intentions and she really can't give anything back in return; but she's supposed to fall in love with him and marry him? That's creepy.

;D

You make a great point the doctor is more better with Hye-Young, but I also like Seok-man with her too. I might be in the minority but I like Hye-young better then Hana. To me the character Hye-young is more interesting to me. ;)

You make a great point the doctor is more better with Hye-Young, but I also like Seok-man with her too. I might be in the minority but I like Hye-young better then Hana. To me the character Hye-young is more interesting to me. ;)

I like Hye-young more than Hana too. She and Seok-man are my favorite character on the show, so I'd love to see them end up together :D

So I think the last episode airs on Monday on AZN? :(

I like Hye-young more than Hana too. She and Seok-man are my favorite character on the show, so I'd love to see them end up together :D

So I think the last episode airs on Monday on AZN? :(

Too bad I don't think Hye-young and Seok-man are going to end up together. But I love the scenes they had together in episode 15. yep Last show monday :(

Guest atreyu112

Finally, i owned the dvd of this drama, after for soo long waiting for it to be available in dvd.. and now, i LOVE THIS DRAMA.. there are soooo many phrases that are good.. this drama reminded me of Alone in Love.. i just love the ending.. it's soo sweetttt.... love all.. at first, dun like the doc.. but after when he started to like hye young, i am ok with him.. i dun like his love turn into obsessiveness... anyway, good drama!

I downloaded the last episode and watched it without subs - and all i can say is that it has something for everyone and you won't be disappointed. I will definitely purchase the official DVD set. This series has been Unique and admirable in the most unusual ways.

I bought the soundtrack as well, the music was just as unique and worthwhile.

a great series - i hope it gets some exposure again after airing on AZN TV.

Guest delightful123

^ i like hye-young better than hana as well... granted, i haven't really watched every episode of someday (i'm still watching it on azntv.. and i missed a lot of episodes)... but hana is really boring to me. everything from her face.. to her voice.. to the way she acts. she's just kinda dull... and .. just there. hye-young has more fire.. and i really like how she handles her one-sided love for the doctor. respectable and classy =]

and i guess the doctor is kinda weird (in the manga fan boy sense), but i love him anyway... hahaha he's just so darn attractive =O i think he should just give hana to seokman and go for hye young.. they look better together anyway ;P

seokman really annoyed me in the more recent episodse aired on azntv... i really wish he'd stop drinking and crying and be a man. yes.. he had to go through a LOT of hardships.. but i'm sorry.. suck it up. especially when he was crying about hana being "engaged" to the doctor.. geez -_- either go and do something about it.. or just suck it up. grieve and move on.

Guest captiva

I watched it on AZN as well. I'm happy about the ending. I really liked it , it had a different feel that then other dramas but still a love story which I think most of us watch dramas for. I'm crazy about LJW now and plan on watching Alone In Love in the next couple of months.

I watched it on AZN as well. I'm happy about the ending. I really liked it , it had a different feel that then other dramas but still a love story which I think most of us watch dramas for. I'm crazy about LJW now and plan on watching Alone In Love in the next couple of months.

Yeah, I really liked the finale. It was very sweet, but not corny or anything.

The show is very good. Good cast, great story.

And Lee Jin Wook! :wub:

Guest Rosepetal

Hey, I must agree with almost all of you who had said positive comment about this wonderful drama,

"SOMEDAY"! I just finished watching it on DVD that my friend made for me...

WAAH!! I really loved it, loved the last episode alot too, but over all, every episode is precious!! ^^

I have nothing but high praises for all the four main lead actors, they are so fabulous!!!

This drama is high quality in all aspects, especially in terms of highly detailed expression of emotions, the scriptwriter was just wonderful in delivering great lines for each actor and the unusual photography techniques that sets it apart from other dramas!~

I thought Lee Jin-Wook as "Yim Seok Man" and Bae Doo-Na as "Hana Yamaguchi" were soooo..cute and perfect!

Also Oh Yoon-Ah as "Hye Young" was so cool....she's also a very talented actress, I never knew her before...^^

Kim Min-Joon as "Dr. Ko Jin Pyo" was great, too....I agree that he was a bit unusual character though!~~

I highly recommend this drama to everyone, ....like someone said above, you won't be disappointed!!! ^^

I can't find theses dvd with english subtitles to be shipped in France (my country)...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004777045/

Us Yesasia is the only way to have these Dvds , and they dont ship outside USA or Canada :( :( :(

global yesasia doesn't have subtitles...

I'm sooooo waiting to see these drama with english sub...

any help, please ? i'm dying here...

:blink:

That's weird...

Maybe it's because the YA entertainement edition is a US release, but it's stupid, this item is available for worldwild shipping on other shops, so its not a US-only.

Wait for the end of the preorder period, maybe it will be available then...

If not (and it sucks, I need to buy this DVD too) you can order it on AsianDVD (it's the "same" price, but shipping is not free for overseas, it cost 78$ to France)

edit : it looks like a lot of YA edition aren't available on the global site. I don't know what goes wrong with them...

(when I think it's because of their @#&$! US edition that the Korean one is not subtitled and then we can't buy it, it's nonsense)

I preordered from YesAsia and they came right on time( U.S. obviously)

but i wanted to say something about the boxset - and this series -

it is the CLASSIEST - COOLEST - boxset i've ever bought in ANY LANAGUAGE!

sturdy, each DVD has a special side case - box is heavy duty sturdy with a magnetized flap.

the english subtitles are wonderful-

and it makes you realize that this was an OUSTANDING SERIES!

These characters are rich with layers of emotions and thought.

very well-written!

I can't find theses dvd with english subtitles to be shipped in France (my country)...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/prdTransfer.aspx/pid-1004777045/

Us Yesasia is the only way to have these Dvds , and they dont ship outside USA or Canada :( :( :(

global yesasia doesn't have subtitles...

I'm sooooo waiting to see these drama with english sub...

any help, please ? i'm dying here...

Archived