[drama 2006] Someday 썸데이

ay_link

^I know Beating heart, but since there's no download on the net... :sweatingbullets: I was dying to see it because it has Dongwan AND Doo Na, but because it's an omnibus drama, I guess no one was interested in subbing?

would popular channels had broadcast this drama ? (indeed Someday is not a basic drama - but there are exceptions, if you like Bae Doona watch the MBC drama Beating Heart, unfairly unknown but just the best Korean TV show I ever saw)

- would this drama had a larger audience if broadcast on a popular channel ?

- is a broadcasting on a popular channel enough to make a drama (even a very ordinary one) popular ?

I read somewhere (maybe in this thread?) that it was this channel (OCN) that put the production (of Someday) together, no? o_O I think cable channels now are going for more creative, "different" dramas (example: Hyenna again :D and of course this one), and they must have satisfied their viewers (since their pool of viewers must be different from the "popular mass"). I don't think we can judge if a drama on a cable channel is "popular" or not, because there are people who don't have easy access to cable TV (I guess).

What makes a drama (or anything, for that matter) popular is very...um...arbitrary (that's why we need professional producers who know what CAN be popular). Like, we know how many crappy singers/actors/books/etc. are out there, still alive and kicking lolz. It's just the way things are...once in a while we get something both good AND popular (in my opinion, My name is KSS, feel free to laugh lolz). But that doesn't happen very often, which makes things like that special.

Anyway...

Just finished watching ep 1. I wanna cry :tears: it looks so good, even the music is good, but other than the Japanese part, I DON'T UNDERSTAND A SINGLE THING :tears: And once it all happens in Korea...I'll be forever...lost >.< I don't think Doo Na's voice is different at all, even when she's speaking Japanese. It's her usual low, husky voice :D but maybe it's just me. It's true that ppl tend to "high-pitched-ize" their voice when they speak Japanese (which is funny), though.

edit: hahaha the doctor character cracked me up! I wish I had THAT many manga series lolz. Seriously, anyone pls sub this? :(

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drama is surprisingly GOOD.. but I'm even more surprised when I see 13 O__O , such drama only has 13 pages discussions ??!! omg

No doubt why I dun't watch kdrama anymore...

I really want to say thank to 'someone's signature (sorry I dun't remmber name) saying that I've missed out 2006's best drama "Someday" !! and yup, I think this is probably my fav drama after a long long time withdrawing kdrama, I feel like coming back ,akak, ^____^

Yes I will buy the dvds of a kdrama for the 1st time of my life LoL

well I only bought jdrama before ^.^

Guest Epikt

Yes I will buy the dvds of a kdrama for the 1st time of my life LoL

Hum... don't buy the HK release (crappy bootleg inside ^^), wait for the US edition from YA entertainement (coming on 21th of august)

Guest ecl75

Hum... don't buy the HK release (crappy bootleg inside ^^), wait for the US edition from YA entertainement (coming on 21th of august)

There's a korean edition (english subtitled) on yesasia, expected to release on July 11, 2007.

I want to buy this product, i hope that quality is as good as "Alone in love". Any news about this ?

Guest Epikt

Be careful ! The korean edition has not english subtitles ! :excl:

(according to yesasia and DVDfromKorea)

But if you understand Korean well, it can be interresting, the box look nice and it migth be good quality (I wonder if I won't by it only for collection :blush: )

Guest anticipating

one of my favorite part

cap by mamee-l

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where did u get the eng subs from?

Guest Epikt

where did u get the eng subs from?

From the HK release. There must have copies on some clubboxes (I think).

Guest ecl75

Be careful ! The korean edition has not english subtitles ! :excl:

(according to yesasia and DVDfromKorea)

But if you understand Korean well, it can be interresting, the box look nice and it migth be good quality (I wonder if I won't by it only for collection :blush: )

Thank you ! english subtitles disappeared ... I will wait for the international version. I can't wait to see the show ... and Bae DooNa ;)

Guest Epikt

Thank you ! english subtitles disappeared ...

It seams that english subs were planned, but disappeared from the Korean DVD because the drama had been bought for a US release. It's more and more common (it was the same thing for Korean edition of Linda Linda Linda) and it's sad (I love Korean editions).

PS : you can preorder Someday US edition on yesasia (70$)

I am watching episode 4, decided to watch it after I seen this thread. The first 4 episodes started out quite slow, but I am going to watch till the end since people here are saying it's nice. I hope the ending will be good. The music really go with the drama quite well. Will post again after I watch more episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All! They started broadcasting it in California this week. I am totaly hooked up with this drama. I find it smart and it gives you a lot to think about, the acting is evenly good. I also like the way it is filmed (photography, lightings etc...) and the pace of the story.

It may end up having a larger audience outside Korea because of the networks where it is aring.

I saw episode 3 tonight. Really good.

Has any of you received their dvds yet? Here they advertise the release with English subs in Sept 10 or 11 instead of August 5...

Guest chuck97

Hi All! They started broadcasting it in California this week. I am totaly hooked up with this drama. I find it smart and it gives you a lot to think about, the acting is evenly good. I also like the way it is filmed (photography, lightings etc...) and the pace of the story.

It may end up having a larger audience outside Korea because of the networks where it is aring.

I saw episode 3 tonight. Really good.

Has any of you received their dvds yet? Here they advertise the release with English subs in Sept 10 or 11 instead of August 5...

Is AZN channel airing the YA Entertainment sub version? Please confirm...

Is AZN channel airing the YA Entertainment sub version? Please confirm...

Yes. AZN is airing the YA Entertainment version. In fact every commercial break tells you that YA entertaining is releasing the dvds... Might just buy it ;D

I was very surprised by this drama... Scrolled through channels a few weeks ago and noticed this was playing but had no idea what it was about, so I set it to record. I didn't have time to watch it until a week later. What luck--Five episodes in one sitting.

It's very heartwarming... mellow but moody in an understated way. I adore Hana and Seok-man. I feel like these two need each other. And I really like Hye-young. But, Dr. Go just makes me think of a creepy manga-fan-boy. hehe

Take care.

It's very heartwarming... mellow but moody in an understated way. I adore Hana and Seok-man. I feel like these two need each other. And I really like Hye-young. But, Dr. Go just makes me think of a creepy manga-fan-boy. hehe

Take care.

Dr. Go is indeed very creepy. Looks like he has stalker tendencies. He needs to forget about her and look elsewhere.

I'm watching this on AZN but I find it both interesting and boring... lol. Maybe I just need more action. But I'll keep watching.

Guest chuck97

Yes. AZN is airing the YA Entertainment version. In fact every commercial break tells you that YA entertaining is releasing the dvds... Might just buy it ;D

I was very surprised by this drama... Scrolled through channels a few weeks ago and noticed this was playing but had no idea what it was about, so I set it to record. I didn't have time to watch it until a week later. What luck--Five episodes in one sitting.

Take care.

I can't believe YA Entertainment is releasing this on TV first. Haven't had the chance to see this yet.

Guest jojijunjy

Take care.

Ha, ha, your Dr. Go (Kim Min Jun) creepy manga-fan-boy comment cracks me up. His character even has a secret passage to a hideout thru his office? complete with a bed and comicbooks. Being a doctor but still a kid at heart, he's endearing at best. I've learned to like this character and it helps that I admire the actor.

It was uncanny that I finished Someday just recently, having found a single boxset by chance in a remote video store, and then, AZN started advertising it's broadcast on tv. I am enjoying rewatching this drama on tv, especially with BETTER subs (YA version.) Someday did not get alot of exposure like other shows, and yes, I thought it to be understated, mellow and moody. It was stylish and very well done also.

Archived