[drama2009] Dream 드림

Guest sayroo

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting to like this drama more and more. (Have to catch up with eps 5 and 6 though.)

And I hope the plot will concentrate alot into the love triangle with the main cast. ^^;;;

So far, JJM really has impressed me (yet again). And he's a funny pair with Kim Bum. : ]

Guest sondambifan

Some thoughts on the quick glances of episode 6.

1) The pace was definitely slowed down a little from the previous two episode. I like it because it allows more development of the characters and their relationship. I am really impressed with the writers in that they don't try and rush the relationships and allow us the audience to go along for the ride rather than just having to be satisfied to get to the end.

2) The writers are definitely keeping the love triangle interesting. Just when one thinks that JI and SY will end up together...they throw in a scene between SY and JS and makes you think that the two are a better match i.e. the bicycle/running scene Then another moment where you think that JI is the better man.

3) Poor JS...the cake thing was so mean (especially to my lovely Dambi :D) but he is so naive and immature that he does not know what else to do to make SY like him. JI, on the other hand, is smooooooth :P

Reserving the spoilers for when the c-subs come out...this episode has more dialogue so I want get it mostly right :lol:

Guest babyblues7

Some thoughts on the quick glances of episode 6.

1) The pace was definitely slowed down a little from the previous two episode. I like it because it allows more development of the characters and their relationship. I am really impressed with the writers in that they don't try and rush the relationships and allow us the audience to go along for the ride rather than just having to be satisfied to get to the end.

2) The writers are definitely keeping the love triangle interesting. Just when one thinks that JI and SY will end up together...they throw in a scene between SY and JS and makes you think that the two are a better match i.e. the bicycle/running scene Then another moment where you think that JI is the better man.

3) Poor JS...the cake thing was so mean (especially to my lovely Dambi :D) but he is so naive and immature that he does not know what else to do to make SY like him. JI, on the other hand, is smooooooth :P

Reserving the spoilers for when the c-subs come out...this episode has more dialogue so I want get it mostly right :lol:

EH YOU always make the episode sounds so interesting before I get to watch it!!!!! Tell me tell me more!!!!!

My laptop is not loading the youku links well... BUMMER.

Hahhaah

Is it me or did JJM cut his hair in this episode? lol

Guest sondambifan

Looks like it's taking a while for the c-subbers to sub episode 6...it's okay..I was getting spoiled anyways...I guess :(

Of all the episodes, this was the one that the most dialogue. Oh well, I will just wait.

Edit: Spoke too quickly :D Here is the link! http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTExODcyMTQw.html

Somewhat good news...Dream's rating for episode went up to 6% (although Queen went almost to 40 percent and the KBS mini-series got 6.8 percent). The fact that the widely panned KBS mini-series got higher ratings than Dream just perplexes me. Oh well, I will just enjoy it for myself.

Spoiler time!

1) SY takes over for her father in riding with JS during his run because the father was not feeling well. JS is excite and cannot contain his smile. He comments to SY that he hope her father does not feel everyday :lol: A cute montage ensues with SY riding and JS running.

2) After the training session, we learn that it's SY's birthday. She has not celebrated it since her mother past away because she was afraid that it would remind her father of the death. Even goes well until JS decides to push SY's face into the cake in a joking fashion...however he is the only one laughing. Next scene: JS is seen with another bloody nose. :lol:

3) The prez finds out about the gangster's partial ownership of JS's right and has them sign a contract to fight with Do-Pil. JS is confident that he will win but everyone else know better. They know that D-P is a superior fighter and that the prez is setting up the fight to crush JI and SY's family. JI tells them that he will try and reason with the prez to try and cancel the fight.

4) Before he leave, JI gives SY sneakers as birthday gifts. He also write a card that states that birthday should not be celebrated alone but rather with family. SY is obviously touched.

5) Predictably, the prez refuses to cancel the fight but not before leading JI on and making him kneel and beg. JI eventually catches on and vows to fight. As he goes down the elevator, he punches the wall to the point where his hand/knuckles are bleeding.

6) In a parking structure (not sure where), JI in front of the PD's car (land rover...nice) in order to talk to her. The PD wraps JI's wounds (in a caring way). JI convinces the PD to cover the DP-JS fight. JI also talks to her about his larger dream of finding his way out of fear and to find his self-esteem.

7) JI returns to the house where SY was trying to call him. SY sees the bandage on his hand and wants to take a look at it...leading to a second time in which the two hold hands. :D

8) JI finally convinces SY and her father to allow JS to fight DP. JI also convinces the newspaper reporter (who had sold him out earlier to the prez) to heavily promote the fight so that it will be seen by everyone. JI then uses both the newspaper and television coverage to get a sponsor.

9) The team begins training JS and trying to use their past knowledge of DP to their advantage. Best line of the night was from the uncle in response to JS's cockiness. He stated that "even a tiger needs strategy to catch rabbit..this is especially true in this case when the rabbit (JS) is trying to catch the tiger (DP)" :lol: Apparently, DP is a very patient fighter with a strong low kick.

10) The prez is ticked off about the heavy coverage and tries to downplay the fight without success. The PD incites the prez by stating that JI is doing it to go after the prez.

11) At the press conference, the prez is confronted with the allegation that he is trying to wipe out JI. DP gets cocky and tells the PD that he will show JS "high-level" fighting. JS gets mad and tells him that he will KO DP in the first round. DP then calls JI a thief, causing JI to go crazy!

Jae Il look absolutely marvellous in pink ..lol is that why they keep putting him in such bright colors .ah but there is such saddness in him that is not revealed yet.crying while he is singing and no one cares .` i want to run to hug him!!!!!! .......ke actually i prefer more scenes between JJM and KB .they make such a lovely couple* JJM delivered so well on the emotional moments , their interaction bring out so much more .better than any romance line maybe ..there are cliched moments in the script but it is going fine .i guess there will be times when betrayl wil come between the two men .but first i love seeing how the bond is growing ..i did wondered if Jae li speech to the coach was from his heart .about taking in the young boy .who will othewise waste his fist on the street ..being nothing .but it was pretty convincing to me ..this agent has a heart ..~ that was buried too long ..there must be something behind his urge to be so successful .might be about his father ..i suspect like the young boy , he too has issues with his father.

anyway this is a making of clip of the singing scene in esp when Jae li finally get his first signed client * lol but it focus more on that champion who by the way is funnie lol ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7qjMTbpJlI

Guest nysophia_x_ii

i'm really getting annoyed at how immature and naive JS is. i know that this whole drama's gonna be about how he overcomes difficulties and matures and such, but it's just so annoying. i mean like, he gets angry so easily, and has so much of an ego. i love kim bum and i hate that his character's like that T.T

like at the end of episode 6 when he flips out at mae dopil and flips the table over, it's just so stupid. that's totally what MDP wanted him to do: to totally be emotionally attached to the match and to react to his threats seriously, i rolled my eyes at the end of today's episode, thinking that he's just so stupid.

Guest babyblues7

What fun is it if Bum's character has always been prim and proper? What character development can he undergo if he has always been cool and collected? Plus, dont you think how he is behaving make sense with his past? Growing up with a thief and always having to fight off the debt collectors since young. It will be super duper rare if Bum still emerged calm and sensible from all these rubbish since young. Rash and childish aside. I'm glad that at least Jangseuk has a good and righteous heart (: But I also did o_O at the flip table scene. I wasn't at the roll-eyes stage but I was seriously taken aback. I think Bum's temper is something the rest of the characters had to help him overcome, if not it is really detrimental to him as a sportsman.

That being said, I am looking forward to him stop doing things like smash the cake into people's face. LOL.

MDP is a super conflicted character isn't he? He gets all upset when he thinks about SY (which makes me wonder if there was anything going on before!) but still listen to what the evil man asked him to do. Tsktsk~

Why Episode 6 doesn't have preview for Episode 7:(

Guest nysophia_x_ii

MDP is a super conflicted character isn't he? He gets all upset when he thinks about SY (which makes me wonder if there was anything going on before!) but still listen to what the evil man asked him to do. Tsktsk~

Why Episode 6 doesn't have preview for Episode 7:(

lol yeah that's what i thought too. i'm guessing he's really going to be JS's main rival, in love AND in boxing. haha, a love square?! he always has these flashbacks and they make him feel so guilty. i think he's always had a crush on her...i hope JS can beat him up in the next match!

and i guess they wanted to leave and air of mystery for episode 7? haha

Guest starlight5

I'm really excited to see how the love triangle develops. So far it's equal for Jang Suk and Jae Il, I really have no clue since it all balances out and you just can't decide which relationship is a better match or has the better chance of coming true. And yes, there's also Do Pil, who obviously has something on So Yeon and vice versa. Something might also spice up again between Jae Il and Jang PD, their scenes are really heated with sexual tension.

I don't think those two other girls (I forget their names) will be part of it. They act exactly the same, Jang Suk's fangirls. If one of them had more character and developed a bond with Jang Suk than the other, I might consider, but it looks like they both disappeared after he kissed So Yeon. :lol:

Guest sondambifan

Some more positive news regarding the ratings for Dream...the AGB number shows that the show had a 7 rating for episode 6, an increase of 1.5 percent. I hope this is a sign of things to come!

Just to throw my two cents in...I am also enjoying what is now becoming the love "polygon" between SY, JS, JI, DP, and maybe the PD. I still think that SY and JI will end up together but I could also see SY ending up with no one (blasphemy for a K-drama I know :D). We will just see what happens.

As for JS's immaturity, I wasn't as annoyed at the table flip as I was with the cake incident and him sleeping at the press conference. They just don't really make sense for a normal person. But as babyblue7 says, JS is not really socially "normal". JS reminds me a little bit of the Eliza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady" (the movie, not the k-drama) or Julia Robert's character in Pretty Woman, people could never fully hid their less refined upbringing.

One more reason why I like this drama...the characters/actors have melded into one for me...always a good sign :D

Ahhh...no spoiler for week 7...I truly have to wait another week...:(

Guest HelloOperator

Looks like it's taking a while for the c-subbers to sub episode 6...it's okay..I was getting spoiled anyways...I guess :(

Of all the episodes, this was the one that the most dialogue. Oh well, I will just wait.

Somewhat good news...Dream's rating for episode went up to 6% (although Queen went almost to 40 percent and the KBS mini-series got 6.8 percent). The fact that the widely panned KBS mini-series got higher ratings than Dream just perplexes me. Oh well, I will just enjoy it for myself.

Spoiler time!

1) SY takes over for her father in riding with JS during his ride because the father was not feeling well. JS is excite and cannot contain his smile. He comments to SY that he hope her father does not feel everyday :lol: A cute montage ensues with SY riding and JS running.

2) After the training session, we learn that it's SY's birthday. She has not celebrated it since her mother past away because she was afraid that it would remind her father of the death. Even goes well until JS decides to push SY's face into the cake in a joking fashion...however he is the only one laughing. Next scene: JS is seen with another bloody nose. :lol:

3) The prez finds out about the gangster's partial ownership of JS's right and has them sign a contract to fight with Do-Pil. JS is confident that he will win but everyone else know better. They know that D-P is a superior fighter and that the prez is setting up the fight to crush JI and SY's family. JI tells them that he will try and reason with the prez to try and cancel the fight.

4) Before he leave, JI gives SY sneakers as birthday gifts. He also write a card that states that birthday should not be celebrated alone but rather with family. SY is obviously touched.

5) Predictably, the prez refuses to cancel the fight but not before leading JI on and making him kneel and beg. JI eventually catches on and vows to fight. As he goes down the elevator, he punches the wall to the point where his hand/knuckles are bleeding.

6) In a parking structure (not sure where), JI in front of the PD's car (land rover...nice) in order to talk to her. The PD wraps JI's wounds (in a caring way). JI convinces the PD to cover the DP-JS fight. JI also talks to her about his larger dream of finding his way out of fear and to find his self-esteem.

7) JI returns to the house where SY was trying to call him. SY sees the bandage on his hand and wants to take a look at it...leading to a second time in which the two hold hands. :D

8) JS finally convinces SY and her father to allow JI to fight DP. JS also convinces the newspaper reporter (who had sold him out earlier to the prez) to heavily promote the fight so that it will be seen by everyone. JS then uses both the newspaper and television coverage to get a sponsor.

9) The team begins training JS and trying to use their past knowledge of DP to their advantage. Best line of the night was from the uncle in response to JS's cockiness. He stated that "even a tiger needs strategy to catch rabbit..this is especially true in this case when the rabbit (JS) is trying to catch the tiger (DP)" :lol: Apparently, DP is a very patient fighter with a strong low kick.

10) The prez is ticked off about the heavy coverage and tries to downplay the fight without success. The PD incites the prez by stating that JI is doing it to go after the prez.

11) At the press conference, the prez is confronted with the allegation that he is trying to wipe out JI. DP gets cocky and tells the PD that he will show JS "high-level" fighting. JS gets mad and tells him that he will KO DP in the first round. DP then calls JI a thief, causing JI to go crazy!

ahh thank u i watch the entire thing w/subs but i still cant understnad wat is going on T_T is it just me or is this kinda hard to understand??

neway thank u

dambi is so pretty..

i like dambi kimbum couple :lol:

Guest sondambifan

HelloOperator...I think there are scenes in the drama that are hard to understand because the meaning is revealed later (i.e. when JI was talking to the PD regarding a show which turned out to be part of his strategy to publicize the fight) One more reason for me to like this drama, the connections and plot go much deeper than the surface.

I am still leaning to the JI/SY pairing...JS just seems too immature at this stage to woo SY...it could change but right now I see JI in the lead...:D

Archived