[drama2009] Dream 드림

Guest sayroo

Guest starlight5

deeta...I want to see how the relationship between SY and JS develops. I think the hand holding got people excited but it was inadvertent as JS was trying to stop SY from confronting JI (and probably find out the actual reason for the fight). The other thing is that JS has not really shown a romantic side..he has been self-made man focused on his job. It would weird to have a hard driven/workaholic like JS to sudden a Romeo character. I think the same can be true said of SY (who is as of now focused on help her dad and just had her heart crushed).

I agree that the interaction between SY and JI is better right now but the SY and JS plot has just got going. A crush is easier to develop than romance. I trust the writers enough (based upon the first 4 episodes) to do it right (i.e. not rush it).

nysophia_x_ii...I think there will be a love triangle :D

Cannot wait until Monday!

You must have confused Kim Bum and Ju Jin Mo's character names around. :D

I really like this drama. It's great seeing Kim Bum as a tough kid. I really hated BOF. xD I'm rooting for KB and SDB to develop a romance, even though from my experience of Kdramas she'll probably end up with the main character. -_- But no worries, it's still only the beginning, and a fiery love triangle is better than nothing!! I'm dying to see Kim Bum jealous and fight for the girl, unlike in BOF.

The preview for Ep 5 looks good!! :)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to save this drama for later look but after the two first episodes, I think I'm hooked... ^^;;;

And I guess things will get more interesting and upbeat now.

JJM is great!

Guest sondambifan

You must have confused Kim Bum and Ju Jin Mo's character names around. :D

I really like this drama. It's great seeing Kim Bum as a tough kid. I really hated BOF. xD I'm rooting for KB and SDB to develop a romance, even though from my experience of Kdramas she'll probably end up with the main character. -_- But no worries, it's still only the beginning, and a fiery love triangle is better than nothing!! I'm dying to see Kim Bum jealous and fight for the girl, unlike in BOF.

The preview for Ep 5 looks good!! :)

You are absolutely right! :P This is why I stuck with the actor's name instead of the characters names. :lol:

Just flip JS with JI and you guys know what I mean...sorry! Can't wait for episode 5!

Guest sondambifan

In case anyone is not excited about the next episode of Dream...this will happen: :D

15x98ab.jpg

m8cu4o.jpg

2a69rwl.jpg

credit: chosun.com

Need I say more? :D

Guest starlight5

LOL, I can just imagine So Yeon punching Jang Suk in the face after the kiss. xD

Is anyone uploading english subbed episodes online or on youtube? =D

Go and stalk Mysoju!! They're extra quick!! :D

Guest Mardi09

weird, i thought everyone said the kiss was tomorrow night...

Kim Bum so did it on purpose lol. but look at JJM's reaction....a bit...shocked like everyone else, esp. SDB since it was her "first kiss"

ah, Chung Lim had some lines too~ how happy was I!~

the lines he acted out were so cute :D

i like the JJMxKB relationship..

they seem really comfortable with each other.

but i think it's so fruity how they had the tissue in their noses ha

ah, Chung Lim had some lines too~ how happy was I!~

the lines he acted out were so cute :D

Funny I decided to watch this because of Kim Bum but I'm more excited about Chung Lim getting a role! Just when I was feeling sad about him losing in rookie challenge in Star Golden Bell, he jumps on screen back again.

btw, your avy is so damn hot!!! 8D♥

Guest babyblues7

OH WOW!!!!!!!

The caps just made me so very excited about this episode 5! I didn't know there was a kiss man!! So the its a love triangle for sure now???? Bummie is serious about this???? AHHHHHH very fun to watch! I wanna watch! WHY DON'T THEY SHOW THIS IN SINGAPORE!!!!!!!

=\

Hhahaha I must be crazy.

But thanks people, thanks for the speedy updates. Appreciate it (:

Guest raahmose

When I first heard about the drama, I wasn't excited. I've had enough of the sports themed dramas with same old story lines. The sports are suppose to be the fresh twist I suppose.

And when the Jerry McGuire angle kept coming up, I rolled my eyes and went "nah, not gonna watch it".

After reading the summaries on Dramabeans for the first two episode, I was a little intrigued.

After watching the next two episodes on viikii, i'm hooked.

This is why the drama works, in my opnion:

1. you have this young man who has raw talent waiting to be nurtured and guided. He is poor, comes from a not so pretty background, is unsure of what to do with his god given gift, lacks purpose and dare I say lost in life. Your classic underdog.

2. you have this agent who has been in this young kid's position once. But found someone who helped him but in the process, morphed into something which is very further from his inner true self. Basically, he is lost too. You have a classic material man lacking happiness and joy.

Then, you have all these secondary characters who all have a particular reson to be there. They all have a well-defined and intertwined story lines.

We have the good vs. evil theme.

We have an underdog going all the way.

We got a triangle love.

We got loyalty and betrayl.

We got eye candy plus good acting.

Now, one may ask: other shows have had similar things on paper. Why will this work?

The actors believe in the cause of their characters. Inturn, we as audience are begining to believe in them. All successful dramas have one thing in common: they make you feel for their character(s). Once the audience is emotionally involved, game over.

I'll keep coming back to dream cuz i care to know how the yound kid develops into a young man guided by his mentor, agent, brother. I want to see how their relationship blosooms. I care to know how the triangle will evolve and what emotional conflicts it will cause for the three. I care to see the villians defeated at their own game. And as long as I have a reason to care, alongwith others, I will come back and watch.

Guest sondambifan

Just finished glancing at episode 5 and the series has not let down...:D JJM is great at the different scene (funny, sad, angry...) KB is doing well portraying his character and Dambi is still strong!!! The interactions between the three are great!

One other thing I like about this series is the "realism" of it, especially for a K-drama. There is no miracles or weird developments...the characters are conflicted and things do not happen as planned (see below). The characters' actions and words affect each other in realistic ways. There is a believability to the events in the drama in that they show the ups and downs of life.

Cannot wait for the subs to come out :D

Some spoilers (to be confirmed when the c-subs come out :D): Sorry for the long post!

1) JS is motivated by JI's words and completes his training with good results.

2) JI meets up with the PD (the CYI characteR) and has a conversation (about what I do not know). However, it does cause JI to have a flashback about what it was like being at the Superstar agency...the power, prestige, respect, and money that he had. He obvious miss it. (example of realistic inner character conflict...any reasonable person would be conflicted.) He then remembers what JS says to him before their fight.

3) JI tries hard to get a sponsor for JS but is blocked by the Superstar agency. Every sponsor he approaches turns him down because they get a deal with the agency (so evil). Ever resourceful, JI asks the girl who has a crush on JS (the Lee Ah Hyun character?) to help them out. Apparently the girl's father owns a bed factory and JI tries to get the girl to convince the father to sponsor JS. The father initially refuses prompting the girl to run away from home. As she is leaving, JI "shows up" and "scolds" the girl for forsaking her father for a friend (same trick as the agency pres did with one of his top fighters). The father buys the act and sponsors JS. BTW: I think the girl was not in on the act, JI just "used" her.

4) JS is all cocky before the fight and (at least to me) wants to show off in front of SY. Instead, JS loses the fight (thanks to a couple of low blows by the opponent) and some behind the scene manipulation by the gangsters (I think). JS gets mad at everyone for losing.

5) There is a funny scene where SY tricks JS into opening the door to get his clothes after showering. As JS opens the door to get the clothes, SY "leers" at him (I think as a payback for JS's peeing tom incident :D). JS is embarassed and closes the door. SY comments that JS has a "cuteness" to him. (2nd favorite scene!)

6) Everyone makes up thanks to the efforts of SY.

7) JS is in a second fight in which he uses his cockiness into having the opponent attack wildly. JS knocks the guy out with two punches. Everyone is excited and JS picks up SY in celebration. JI is clearly jealous. Everyone then rushes in to the ring to celebrate. JS sidesteps JI and go directly to SY who was going to hi-five him. Instead, JS hugs her and then kisses her (pretty long kissing scene). Everyone is in shock and SY runs out completely embarrassed. (favorite scene-oh the love triangle is on!)

8) JS and JI has a conversation in the locker room in which the two bonds (good scene).

9) Everyone is the dinner table with JS sporting a bloody nose (tissue with blood) that is assumed to be caused by SY. JI says something to SY and then seen with the same bloody nose in the following scene!

10) Another bonding scene with JS and JI with their bloody noses. :D

11) JS starts winning and gets a lot of attention. JI convinces the PD to spotlight JS on her show. The pres sees the report and is ticked.

12) Cliffhanger (I think): The pres tells Do-Pil that he is fighting JS next! (How evil again!)

Sorry for the super long post again. If you think the spoilers are good, you have to watch the characters in action...so much better. If anyone is still on the fence about this drama, please give it try!

Archived