Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** Song Joong Ki said during an interview with the press prior departing for Cannes - “Cannes Films Festival is such a good opportunity for me, and I’m honored to be invited. Who knew a countryman would ever visit here". He added that he had asked his wife for advice as she had attended the film festival previously. She is also currently in Cannes in support of him.  “I received the scenarios for ‘Hopeless’ as I was striving for something in a darker genre," he recalled. "The scenarios looked so good that it gave me goosebumps". He added that he didn’t mind at all taking a non-lead role.   “At the same time, I was afraid of the film not receiving any investments, that’s why I said that I’d do it without getting paid,” he said.  :kaching3:

credit : JoongAngDaily 

*** After the "Hopeless" screening, the actors and director received a four-minute-long standing ovation. Song Joong Ki told the audience that he is satisfied with his acting and he’s glad that he decided to shoot the film. “I love challenging myself with uncertainty. This may sound a bit bold, but I’ve been successful so many times that I wanted to give myself time to do something fun,” he told reporters.   :ohboy2:

credit : Korea Herald

*** Song Joong Ki's wife was not seen with him at the Cannes red carpet event held at 9:30 PM on May 24th. During the official screening of "Hopeless"  on May 24th at 11 AM, he graced the event with his presence. He warmly interacted

with his fans, taking pictures and signing autographs.  :rubchin:

01-1-1440x2048.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230525063337992?x_trkm=t

*** According to fans at the festival, there was a large throng waving at Song Joong Ki as he made his dashing red carpet debut in Cannes. All eyes were on him as he arrived at the Cannes Film Festival 2023, exuding elegance and charm in a stunning all-black ensemble. He looks dashing. He was also seen signing autographs for fans at the event. With his track record of delivering captivating performances, I'm eager to see him bring his talent to this exciting project. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of "Hopeless".   :heart2beat:

12643166_whatsapp-image-2023-05-25-at-15

Korean actor Song Joong-ki attends Cannes Film Festival for premiere of ‘Hopeless’ 

Korean actor Song Joong-ki, who starred in the dramas “Reborn Rich” and “Vincenzo,” attended the Cannes Film Festival for the first time for the premiere of his film “Hopeless (Hwaran).” 

“Hopeless” was invited as an official selection under the Un Certain Regard at the 76th Cannes Film Festival, which will run until May 27. 

Hopeless9_d4d8638864.jpg

(Top photo, from left) Song Joong-ki, director Kim Chang-hoon, Kim Hyung-seo and Hong Sa-bin at the premiere of "Hopeless" at the Debussy Theatre in Cannes on May 24 (Photos from Plus M Entertainment)

Hopeless8_e5d47e19e3.jpg

The stars and director of "Hopeless" at the photo-call event at the Palais des festivals in Cannes (Photos from Plus M Entertainment)

Spoiler

Hopeless6_450cd1eef3.png

Song Joong-ki at the premiere of "Hopeless" in Cannes in May 24 (Photo from Plus M Entertainment)

Hopeless3_f50e2cc76d.jpg

Poster for "Hopeless" (Photo from Plus M Entertainment)

Its stars, Hong Sa-bin, Song Joong-ki and Kim Hyung-seo, and director Kim Chang-hoon attended the red carpet event and premiere of the movie at the Debussy Theatre. 

“Hopeless” tells the story of Yeon-gyu (Hong Sa-bin), “a teenage boy who wants to escape his hometown where violence is commonly enacted among neighbors. He only hopes to have a peaceful life with his mother. When Yeon-gyu needs a hand from grown-ups, Chi-geon (Song Joong-ki), a thug of the town, offers a favor. The simple favor leads Yeon-gyu to explore the world of Chi-geon. It ironically results Yeon-gyu gradually falling into Chi-geon’s life,” according to the Cannes Film Festival website. 

The following day, Song Joong-ki and his co-stars attended a photo-call at the  Palais des festivals in Cannes. 

Before the screening, Song Joong-ki, his co-stars and the director went on stage to greet the audience. He was originally scheduled to attend the event together with his wife Katie Louise Saunders, who is in her ninth month of pregnancy. 

However, due to the film’s violent scenes, his wife did not attend the premiere, Korean media reported. 

"After watching the movie, I am satisfied that it seems to have come out deeper than the emotions I felt in the script,” said Song Joong-ki after the screening. 

Director Kim Chang-hoon told Cannes, “Hong Sa-bin, Song Joong-ki, Kim Hyoung-seo, and the rest of the cast took the characters that already existed in the screenplay and made them even more vivid, more outstanding.

They always provided me with good ideas regarding aspects that I had sometimes not considered. I consider myself extremely lucky, and I’m very grateful for their involvement.”

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/5/26/korean-actor-song-joong-ki-attends-cannes-film-festival-for-premiere-of-hopeless

*** Song Joong Ki was wearing his wedding ring in Cannes on his left ring finger. He plans to leave for Bali on May 27th to film the movie “My Name Is Loh Kiwan” after finishing his schedule in Cannes. His wife is said to not join this journey due to her childbirth schedule, which is about to happen soon. The ring was always visible when he was waving or posing in front of reporters.   :sweet:

20230526150213166ezdp.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230526150209802

*** His wife is currently staying in Rome, Italy, where her parents live, and she only flew to Cannes to support him.

Originally, Song Joong Ki had announced that his wife would also attend the official premiere, but she ended up not attending due to recommendations from those around her that certain violent scenes depicted in “Hopeless”. Her due date is in a month, so these scenes could have a negative impact on the fetus.

In “Hopeless,” Song Joong Ki chose a supporting role instead of the lead. He mentioned, “I did everything I wanted to do without feeling pressured by box office success. Lead actors always carry the burden of box office performance. There are times when they get tired. From the audience’s perspective, ‘Hopeless’ may be a breathless film. But for me, doing this film made me breathe.”   :blush:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230526n08485?mid=n1008

*** Song Joong Ki, following his appearance on the red carpet, captivated with a bright smile and simple yet sophisticated visuals at the official photocall event on May 25th (local time) of the Cannes Film Festival for "Hopeless" held at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès alongside Hong Sa Bin and Kim Hyung Seo (Bibi), as well as the director. He wore a black jacket and, instead of a shirt, paired it with a black t-shirt of a different shade, adding a touch of white pants for contrast. He gave off a casual yet neat vibe. He expressed his feelings after the screening through the distributor Plus M Entertainment. He said, “I was very satisfied after watching the movie because I think the story was portrayed more deeply than the feelings I got when reading the script. Especially when I saw the expression on Yeon Gyu’s face as he looked at Chi Gun’s ear from behind at the reservoir scene, I was convinced that the emotions I felt when I first read the script were accurate. It made me think, ‘I made the right choice to be a part of this film’. Thank you to all our staff and actors, and I hope that ‘Hopeless’ would receive much love.”   :heart:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230525n39621?mid=n1008

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 29 to May 29. Song Joong Ki took second place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 6,229,237.   :heart2:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Suk Ku
  2. Song Joong Ki
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Jeon Do Yeon
  5. Kim Hye Soo
  6. Park Seo Joon
  7. Kim Tae Ri
  8. Heo Sung Tae
  9. Hyun Bin
  10. Cho Seung Woo

(skipped unrelated.....)

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202305290911039041499def050a_30

*** Song Joong Ki's 'GQ' magazine photoshoot in collaboration with 'Louis Vuitton' was released. He perfectly pulling off various bold outfits. From different versions of a white suit, plaid suit, detailed pattern shirts, to a knit vest with jeans, he revealed his never-before-seen visuals.   :Megathanks:

1685421563-befunky-collage-2023-05-29t23

photos source : allkpop

*** I'm looking forward to the long-awaited comeback of Song Joong Ki on the big screen for his movie "Hopeless".  His latest project was a drama “Reborn Rich”, which created much buzz. Now, he has chosen to return in a big-screen

project.   :rubchin:

hopeless-1-2905231.webp

*** On May 30th, Louis Vuitton shared a video of their new ambassador, Song Joong Ki, on its official Youtube channel. The clip features him getting ready for the 76th Cannes International Film Festival in the brand’s suit. He is seen wearing a nice black suit exuding his dandy visuals and brightly smiling toward the camera. His wedding ring on his left hand also is visible. In an interview ahead of the event, he stated, “I can’t wait to meet my fans on the red carpet. I’m very excited. This suit makes me more confident. I love this moment, and I love Cannes.”   :kaching3:

2023060101000015300302532.jpg

2023060101000015300302531.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202306010100001530030253&servicedate=20230531

A RebornRich prequel focusing of the past of Jin Yangcheol (LeeSungmin) is said to be in planning stage, but the VFX prod reps says nothing is official yet to be shared/confirmed. Insider sayings mention that the novel writer is involved in discussions about the prequel and the original drama's writer & director are likely to be changed

Prod. team of RebornRich says that following the great response towards the drama, it's true that they are in open discussion about season 2 but nothing has been specifically talked yet

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

A RebornRich prequel focusing of the past of Jin Yangcheol (LeeSungmin) is said to be in planning stage, but the VFX prod reps says nothing is official yet to be shared/confirmed. Insider sayings mention that the novel writer is involved in discussions about the prequel and the original drama's writer & director are likely to be changed

Prod. team of RebornRich says that following the great response towards the drama, it's true that they are in open discussion about season 2 but nothing has been specifically talked yet

@backstreetboysfan  well, many viewers are anticipating a second season of this drama. In case this will push-through, I hope the ending will satisfy the viewers this time, meaning give it a proper ending to make it good, a better ending this time. Despite, I love the SHOW. I watched it because of Song Joong Ki. I'm not really into S2 of any dramas but, if my bias is starring on it, no choice but, to support him anyway. If there's a S2 for Reborn Rich, I hope they'll do this as well with Vincenzo - hahaha - I share only my personal opinion.    :Megalol:

• Blob 1

*** Too bad that he doesn't look so dashing in LV gave him for his GQ Korea pictorial, which is the opposite of what he wore during Cannes. And I think this was from GQ 2023 March issue and not June. Do I stand corrected? He looks more dapper gentleman in that fitted tuxedo. Well, for this photoshoot, it definitely has a theme so his outfits are like this. It's a western style fashion. But, is it just my eye sight? Is it just me? I guess it's just an expression of artistry and creativity - a pretty boy look. But, Song Joong Ki always looks so young whatever he wears. This pictorial is doing him a great service indeed! A different style - Gradually, I should learn to love it maybe?   :twerk2:

*** "Reborn Rich" season 2 will reportedly focus on Chairman Jin Yang Chul's story, played by Lee Sung Min. Now, it is yet to be confirmed if he will reprise his role. The same goes for Song Joong Ki. This will showcase major changes. In the same report, the director and scriptwriter are likely to be replaced. The changes are due to controversy in season 1, after "Reborn Rich" ended with a different finale story from the original webtoon. The show deviated from the original story. Big question : Will Song Joong Ki join the sequel?     :7555_attack:

Will There Be a ‘Reborn Rich’ Season 2?

MX3Csxu0UNxbflzfx3emr0jmqftJzCwT4VLzmU_J

Will there be a Season 2 to drama Reborn Rich?

On June 1st, the production team of JTBC’s drama Reborn Rich stated, “There haven’t been any specific discussions yet, but due to the significant interest from viewers, we are currently considering various options for Season 2.”

On the same day, another media outlet reported that there are discussions underway for the pre-production of a sequel to Reborn Rich. However, it has been confirmed that the production team has not engaged in specific discussions regarding the sequel.

source : http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202306011153371228117_1

*** According to QQ, Song Joong Ki decided to have his wife give birth to their son in the UK, which is Katy Louise Saunders’ home country instead of SK. The reason given is that he wants to protect his wife and child from the scrutiny of the South Korean media. He is always aware that his actions will be the focus of the media’s attention, so this is a way for

him to protect his wife and son from the media.   :wut:

• Like 1

*** On the afternoon of May 31st, images of Song Joong Ki and his wife together in Cannes, France, spread across Korean newspapers and social media. In front of the “passerby’s” camera, she cleverly covered her baby bump. Prior to this, Newsen reported on the evening of May 25th that they had taken advantage of a private date to enjoy romantic moments together. Insider sources revealed that the celebrity couple went shopping, strolled around the city of Cannes (France), and his manager did not accompany them. In an interview with Sina on May 28, he once again emphasized the importance of his wife and child in his heart, stating, “To me, family is always more important than a career.”  

:Woah:

song-joong-ki-wife.jpg

Source: Twitter, Naver

• Like 1