Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

25 K-Dramas To Celebrate 25 Memorable Years With Soompi

25-dramas-4.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Can you believe it—Soompi is 25 years old!

Soompi first launched in 1998, and we have loved experiencing all the excitement of Korean entertainment with you.

Thank you for continuing to support Soompi, and walk down memory lane with us as we celebrate the past 25 years with a drama that aired each year!

2016: “Descendants of the Sun

descendants-2.jpeg

In the worldwide hit “Descendants of the Sun,” Song Joong Ki stars as special forces unit captain Yoo Shi Jin who falls in love with the doctor Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo). As they begin their love story, they struggle with differences in their occupational backgrounds and values, and they unexpectedly find themselves working together in a foreign land, running into dangerous situations along the way. 

Watch “Descendants of the Sun” below:

Watch Now

2022: “Reborn Rich

reborn-rich-1.png

“Reborn Rich” is a fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family.

When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

Watch “Reborn Rich” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** Just now, April 7th, nominations for both the TV and film sector of the 59th Baeksang Arts Awards were revealed on Baeksang’s official website and SNS. However, I was surprised and shocked why Song Joong Ki was not nominated despite the success of “Reborn Rich”. This means that despite the overwhelming success of the drama, the leading actor goes empty-handed. It is disappointing to see his efforts went unrecognized. Baeksang’s nominations really confused me.   :weary:  :tears:

song-joong-ki-reborn-rich-1-2712222.webp

*** I've watched the erotic movie of Jo In Sung and Jo Jin Moo "The Frozen Flower". It's crazy that I didn't remember  SJK was also starring in it, not until I've read in one article. I guess because he actually started his acting career with  this controversial project. According to the article, he played the role of a soldier called No Tak. Song Joong Ki had very few lines in the movie, but he later shared that it was a special experience for him.   :sweet:

I can never forget acting for the first time in front of Jo In Sung sunbaenim, Joo Jin Mo sunbaenim and Director Yoo Ha. My role wasn’t big, but I was really happy when the director would give me lines.

—Song Joong Ki, in an interview with Max Movie

kqOVlI3ZGMciJ87gqyT3KGapn4SuLEG5e2kRWKGe

k1O4wOT_XNI5xHgFePebwqH8IrNU0_5ZZzcrRktq

photos source : Koreaboo

*** After Lee Seung Gi and Lee Da In’s private wedding,  attention is being paid to the expenses for the wedding. It's reported that the couple spent millions of won into their wedding day. However, Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki’s wedding ceremony is still the costliest. The expense for their wedding was 300 million won, including the costs for location, decoration, guests’ meals, outfits and wedding rings. Their wedding ceremony still tops the list because of its whopping expense.   :rubchin:

source : https://kbizoom.com/lee-seung-gi-and-lee-da-in-spend-millions-of-won-into-their-wedding-day/

(Updated) Top 12 JTBC Dramas With The Highest Ratings Ever

- Please note that these ratings are the highest ratings ever reached, not the dramas' total average ratings.

2. Reborn Rich - 26.9%

reborn-rich.jpg

When a loyal employee of a conglomerate is murdered by his employers, he has a chance to get his revenge as he is reborn as the grandson of the family. Armed with the knowledge of the future and the company, he steadily gains the influence and power he needs to become the next chairman of the company. However, even with his knowledge and smarts, his path is not a rosy one as other forces create stumbling blocks on his way toward revenge. Starring Song JoongKi, Shin HyunBin, and Lee SungMin, with its engrossing storyline, the series gripped the attention of many viewers which saw its ratings reach an impressive high of 26.9%.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-jtbc-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-ever/

** Viki has always been one of my main sources for watching K-dramas.   :blush:

37 Most-Rated K-Dramas Of All Time On Viki

Viki has been bringing K-drama lovers quality content for many years now. The love and appreciation that viewers have for an inclusive platform that is able to provide accessibility to various shows has been endless. With the long history of Viki and K-dramas, there are certain titles that prove to be consistently popular. These K-dramas have garnered over 100,000 ratings each, showing that these dramas have been the most popular among Viki users over the years. Here are those 37 dramas!

Ratings updated on April 3, 2023.

8. “Descendants of the Sun” (2016)
152,313 ratings / ★9.7

descendants-of-the-sun.jpeg

In “Descendants of the Sun,” Song Joong Ki stars as Yoo Shi Jin alongside Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mo Yeon. Yoo Shi Jin is an army captain who falls head over heels for Dr. Kang. They embark on a whirlwind of a romance despite their different backgrounds. Although they want to be with each other, Yoo Shi Jin’s job consistently puts his life at risk, which is difficult for Mo Yeon to handle.

This one comes as really no surprise. “Descendants of the Sun” is one of the big dramas that brought on the Hallyu wave of international fans and stardom. With Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki taking on the reins as the main leads, there was no stopping the drama’s success.

Watch “Descendants of the Sun” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** I love SJK's character as mafia lawyer in "Vincenzo". There is nothing holding him back from winning his case. He's smart, bold, and even  calculative. He may not be an angel and his methods are completely different (and often against the law), yet I am still rooting for him. I can't help but be rooting for him across the scenes! Vincenzo is competitive but what makes him different is his approach to cases. He is like a rebellious leader who put the wrong doers in their place. You feel that as long as you have him by your side, there is nothing to worry about. He can approach the case in a way that no one could imagine. I wish and choose to hire him in real life because he's a  fighter! He is the deadliest lawyer to exist and hence, becomes one of my favorite lawyers from the K-Drama land.   :kaching1:

photo1650954.jpg

photo1650957.jpg

photos source : Hancinema

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

Korean Romantic Movies according to their IMDb ratings

19. A Werewolf Boy (2012)

• Movie Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance
  • Duration: 127 min
  • Star Cast: Song Joong Ki, Park Bo Young, Yeong Ran Lee, Jang Young Nam
  • Director: Sung Hee Jo
  • Year of release: 2012
  • OTT Platform: Netflix 
  • IMDb Rating: 7.2/10

Streaming on Netflix,  A Werewolf Boy is one of the best Korean romantic movies released in 2012. The movie features Korean stars like Song Joong ki, Park Bo Young, Yeong Ran Lee, and Jang Young Nam and is a must-watch romance fantasy. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Pinkvilla

*** The upcoming film “Hopeless” (also known as “Hwaran”) has been invited to screen at the 76th Cannes Film Festival! Yesterday, April 13, the French film festival announced its Official Selection for this year. This is the movie where SJK chose to appear for no pay— This year's Cannes Film Festival will take place from May 16 to 27.   :Megathanks:

credit : https://www.festival-cannes.com/en/press/press-releases/the-films-of-the-official-selection-2023/

Song Joong Ki’s “Hopeless” And Song Kang Ho’s “Cobweb” To Screen At 2023 Cannes Film Festival

Song Joong Ki’s “Hopeless” And Song Kang Ho’s “Cobweb” To Screen At 2023 Cannes Film Festival

Two Korean films have been invited to screen at the 76th Cannes Film Festival!

On April 13, the historic French film festival announced its Official Selection for this year.

The upcoming noir film “Hopeless” (also known as “Hwaran”), which marks director Kim Chang Hoon’s feature film debut, will be screening in the Un Certain Regard section at this year’s festival. The film stars Song Joong Ki—who chose to appear in the film for no pay—as a mobster who becomes entangled with a teenager (Hong Sa Bin) who is desperate to escape his hellish hometown.

Meanwhile, director Kim Jee Woon’s upcoming film “Cobweb” will be screening Out of Competition. Song Kang Ho will star in the black comedy as an obsessive film director in the 1970’s who is struggling to complete his new movie, leading a star-studded cast that also includes Im Soo Jung, Jeon Yeo Been, f(x)’s Krystal, and Oh Jung Se.

Notably, Song Kang Ho made history last year when he became the first Korean male ever to win an acting award at the Cannes Film Festival (for his starring turn in “Broker”).

The 2023 Cannes Film Festival will take place from May 16 to 27.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579983wpp/song-joong-kis-hopeless-and-song-kang-hos-cobweb-to-screen-at-2023-cannes-film-festival

*** SJK has been selected as a Coffee Brand model. It's a Lotte Chilsung beverage. The company stated yesterday, April 13th, “Based on his wide range of acting spectrum, Song Joong Ki’s diverse image that is soft yet gives a sense of trust aligns with the characteristics of the new product that reflects various consumer needs, making him the ideal model for the advertisement. We plan to reach consumers through various marketing activities, starting with the advertisement modeled by actor Song Joong Ki. Through the release of new products, the enhanced Cantata Contrabass coffee with six types will offer consumers a wide range of choices and lead the trend of large-capacity coffee.”  The advertisement was filmed with the concept of “modern office workers’ super-focused signal” against the backdrop of an office. It says that the products allow people to enjoy a new taste while increasing concentration in moments that need self-immersion. I hope we could get to see the video ad soon.   :Megathanks:

img_20230413111630_ec3be06f.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/845103

‘Cobweb,’ ‘Hopeless’ invited to Cannes Film Festival

Blackpink’s Jennie also invited to Cannes for her acting debut in HBO series “The Idol”

Director Kim Jee-woon’s upcoming black comedy “Cobweb” and director Kim Chang-hoon’s debut film “Hopeless” have been invited to this year’s Cannes Film Festival, according to the event's organizers Thursday.

No South Korean films have been selected to compete for the main prize, the Palme d'Or, at the 76th edition of the festival running from May 16-27.

Meanwhile, director Kim Chang-hoon’s debut feature film “Hopeless” has been selected for the Un Certain Regard section, a competition focused on arthouse films running parallel to the main competition.

Featuring actor Song Joong-ki, the film revolves around Yun-kyu (played by Hong Sa-bin), who wants to escape from his everyday struggles. One day, Yun-kyu meets crime organization underboss Chi-gun (Song) and becomes involved in risky situations.

Produced as a low budget film, Song appeared in the film without any guarantee pay.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Kim Da-sol (ddd@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

Two Korean films invited to this year's Cannes International Film Festival

Cannes Film festival General Delegate Thierry Fremaux and Cannes Film festival President Iris Knobloch attend the presentation of the official selection of the 76th Cannes International Film Festival in Paris, France, April 13, 2023. [REUTERS]

Cannes Film festival General Delegate Thierry Fremaux and Cannes Film festival President Iris Knobloch attend the presentation of the official selection of the 76th Cannes International Film Festival in Paris, France, April 13, 2023. [REUTERS]

Two Korean films were invited to the 76th Cannes International Film Festival to be held in May.

Director Kim Chang-hoon’s “Hopeless” and director Kim Jee-woon’s “Cobweb” were invited in the Un Certain Regard and Out of Competition categories, respectively. No Korean films were invited to the In Competition section, meaning no Korean films are eligible for awards such as the Palme d’Or.  

The executive committee of the Cannes International Film Festival held a press conference Thursday local time and announced the official invitations to the film festival.

“Hopeless” from director Kim Chang-hoon is a noir depicting the story of Yeon-gyu, played by Hong Sa-bin, who wants to escape the harsh realities of his life. He meets Chi-geon, played by Song Joong-ki, and steps into the world of organized crime.

This marks Song's first invitation to Cannes.

A total of 19 films are up for the In Competition section of this year’s Cannes, including “Monster” by Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda. American directors who have seen critical and commercial success such as Wes Anderson and Todd Haynes are also among the 19.

The opening film is “Jeanne du Barry” by French actor-director Maïwenn Le Besco. Swedish director Ruben Östlund, who won the Palme d'Or last year for “Triangle of Sadness,” serves as the head of the jury for the In Competition section.

This year’s film festival will be held in Cannes, France from May 16 to 27.

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** Song Joong Ki and wife attended a wedding in Mexico on April 11th. Their picture at the wedding of a friend draws attention to Katy’s  baby bump growing. In the photo, Song Joong Ki appeared to have slimmed down, and was wearing a simple black suit. His wife was in a pastel pink dress with floral print. Many speculate that she's pregnant for 6 months.   :twerk2:

song_joong_k_wife_1.jpg

photo source : lovekpop95

*** I would love to see SJK venture out into Hollywood in the future. He dominates the entertainment industry on a national level, so I'm sure he can make it in Hollywood. This feat is no longer impossible. Song JoongKi is a legendary name within the K-Drama industry. He’s grown his fan base a tremendous amount.   :ohboy2:

SongJoongKi-scaled.jpg

*** Still cuts of Song Joong Ki’s new advertisement shoot have been released TODAY, April 18th by HighZium Studio. He's on the set of a CF shooting with the title “I just joined the company and my supervisor is Song Joong Ki”. The photos show him perfectly digesting the concept of a handsome office worker by wearing a neat shirt and an ID card with his own photo. Whether he sits, stands, or focuses on something, everyone can’t help but surprise at his handsomeness.   :blush:

song-joong-ki-2-1804231.webp

song-joong-ki-2-1804232.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230418n25186?mid=n1008

• Like 1