Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** SJK has recently been fairly active on Instagram and has been updating fans on his upcoming project ever since he reached Europe. The cast for his upcoming movie "My Name is Loh Ki Wan" was officially released in early

February this year.   :shaq:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpC1Sodh8Fh/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=e80501be-7397-4b94-94ed-fc958f56c133

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpC5LyIhTaF/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=cab50e28-869c-4d69-bc0c-1cf5afcca10a

*** Recently, many actresses are featured on the cover of “College Tomorrow,” netizens are choosing the best male and female actors for the cover of the magazine. The magazine is a campus magazine for college students. Recently, an article titled “The final match between male and female models for College Tomorrow” drew attention by containing photos of Song Joong Ki and Han Ga In, who were featured on the cover of the said magazine. Netizens who saw the photo of Song Joong Ki when he was a cover model left comment, saying, “Song Joong Ki still looks like

a student".   :rubchin:

Song-Joong-ki-Han-Ga-in-1-04032023-2-102

img_20230303155919_880f1372.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/833649

*** Recently, fashion magazine GQ Korea released Song Joong Ki’s cover and pictorial for her March issue and an interview. In a following interview, he said, “I wanted to get older quickly because there were limits to my roles in the past. But that’s not possible. Because everything has its time. Now there is none at all. As you get older, you play a role that suits you.” In addition, he cited “a desire to be proud of himself” as “something he does not want to lose even after time passes” and said, “I hope this will not disappear.” He was asked what he really wanted to do this spring, he said, “It’s the last spring before I become a father, so I really want to go on a lot of dates with my wife. A lot of it.”   :kaching3:

Song-Joong-Ki-2-1.jpg

Source: Nate

MORE --

*** In an interview with GQ Korea, Song Joong Ki talked about his marriage, “It’s great. I’m so happy, but I’m a calm person. It’s true that I’m having these new feelings, but in a way, I feel the same way. I’ve said it in a previous interview, but making a family and having kids were my biggest life goals. So I’m very excited and full of delightful nervousness. But I try not to get carried away. Of course deep down, I’m rejoicing.” He then showed his love for his new wife. “If I had to explain what kind of person Katy is, she’s a great person who I can go on and on about.  Simply put, she gives me confidence in many areas. There are these thoughts and philosophies I live by. And she reassures me that I’m right. She’s someone who tells me, ‘That’s like you.'”   :heart:

img_20230305164936_0035452c.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/833906

tvN’s Top 10 dramas with highest viewership ratings of all time: Will Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin’s co-starred drama be able to secure its position at the top?

A new name just broke into the top 10 of the dramas with the highest viewership ratings by tvN.

8. Vincenzo

“Vicenzo” earned a place in the list as a drama starring Song Joong Ki with a 14.6% rating nationwide and 16.5% rating in Seoul. The mafia drama brought a dark and gloomy atmosphere filled with suspense, opening up a new page in Song Joong Ki’s acting repertoire.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/tvns-top-10-dramas-with-highest-viewership-ratings-of-all-time-will-son-ye-jin-and-hyun-bins-co-starred-drama-be-able-to-secure-its-position-at-the-top/

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Let's Get Quirky

Fashion can seek to be elegant and exquisite, but there is always a fun and unusual side to explore. In this week’s For Your Viewing Pleasure, we venture into an unusual and vibrant world. Song Joong-ki‘s flower jacket is bound to be an eye-catcher.

20230307_seoulbeats_songjoongki_gq.jpg

20230307_seoulbeats_songjoongki_gq_2.jpg

source : Seoulbeats

*** KBS came under criticism for using divorced couple― Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's kissing scene on a large display at their March 3 concert, 'Your KBS, Our 50 Years Together' in celebration of the company's 50th anniversary. There was GUMMY who sang 'You Are My Everything', which is a song released in 2016 as a soundtrack for KBS' drama 'Descendants of the Sun'. While she sang, a huge display behind her showed the video compiled different scenes from the drama, and it also included a kissing scene of the lead stars. Many are claiming that it was inappropriate for KBS to play the part where they share a passionate kiss; they should have left that out since they are no longer together. And Song Joong Ki recently got married and that makes this being inconsiderate of the newlywed as well. Some are saying

that it is only a scene from a drama, so it was completely okay for them to play that particular part.  :surprisedwut:

201759070_1280.webp

photo source : KBS

*** The magazine cover photos of Song Joong Ki recently became a hot topic again. Go Yoon Jung, Park Ji Hyun, and Shin Ye Eun were revealed to have started their career as cover models for the university magazine called “Univ Tomorrow”. Apart from the mentioned female stars, there is one actor who decorated the cover page for Univ Tomorrow even before them.  In online communities, many people who saw his cover photos praised him as “the best male model for Univ Tomorrow”. It was also said that his friend applied for the cover model position but SJK ended up having a photoshoot.   :ohboy2:

20230310075042187urey.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/2pijsRGM0b

*** jTBC was officially crowned the Most Successful Network in 2022 and this is solely because of "Reborn Rich". SK cable and major channels are trying to survive to do well. The drama had huge rating and buzz and coming in 2nd in all-time highest cable ratings. For the Seoul ratings it surpassed 30% in the final EP. It's just so unfortunate that the ending didn't work for most

people and I was one of them.   :surprisedwut:

10 revenge K-dramas that you can stream online

As South Korea's drama series have grown in popularity across the world, so too have their stories diversified, branching out from the usual tales of romance to touch on a variety of genres such as horror, fantasy and sci-fi.

These days, K-dramas are getting more attention for their take on revenge: a protagonist who dedicates his or her life to get back on people who have wronged them, whether they be school bullies, crime groups or greedy businessmen.

One recent example is the Song Hye-kyo-starrer "The Glory," which ranked on Twitter Philippines' trending topics list for days after releasing its second half last March 10. It's also the top TV show on Netflix Philippines as of writing.

For those looking to quench their thirst for vengeance, we've rounded up 10 revenge-themed K-dramas that you can stream online.

Reborn Rich (2023)

Starring: Song Joong-ki, Lee Sung-min, Shin Hyun-been
Watch on: Viu

A murder victim is reincarnated into the body of the youngest grandson of the rich family behind his death.

Vincenzo (2021)

Starring:     Song Joong-ki, Jeon Yeo-been, Ok Taec-yeon
Watch on: Netflix

A Korean-Italian mafia lawyer teams up with the tenants of a building to fight a corrupt conglomerate. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/03/15/23/10-revenge-k-dramas-that-you-can-stream-online

8 Enemies-To-Lovers K-Dramas To Make Your Heart Skip A Beat

They say there is a thin line between love and hate. Boy meets girl and BOOM! It’s hate at first sight. The battle lines are drawn, and the volatility of their dislike is so heated that they are better off apart than together. The RickRoll'D in the armor crack, and the spark of hostility has ignited a flaming passion. The one-time enemies are now hopelessly and passionately in love. Have you ever loved and thrived on the push and pull of apathy and ardor between a couple, the intensity of their feelings so strong that it burns up the screens? K-dramas have given us several such moments. Here are eight such K-dramas which have made many hearts skip a happy beat.

The Innocent Man

Innocent-Man.jpg

When a bright medical intern named Kang Ma Ru (Song Joong Ki) takes the fall for his girlfriend Jae Hee (Park Si Yeon) for a crime he didn’t commit, his entire life is turned upside down. Betrayed by the one woman he loved, his dreams are crushed, and Ma Ru is on the path of self destruction. As a gigolo bartender and swindler, he is coldly dispassionate and has no qualms in using people. When he runs into Eun Gi (Moon Chae Won), a brusque heiress, he finds the perfect bait to exact his revenge on Jae Hee. Ma Ru calculatedly plays Eun Gi and makes her fall in love with him, only to break her trust and heart. But life comes full circle when Eun Gi swears revenge on Ma Ru.

“The Innocent Man” is one of those romance dramas that sucks you in. Even though the writing stretches at points, the angst and heartbreak of its lead couple draws you into their narrative. Song Joong Ki gives a nuanced performance as the tormented Kang Ma Ru and is supported by a brilliant Moon Chae Won.

Start watching “The Innocent Man”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** Song Joong Ki's spring update has been revealed on a recent episode of the KBS program “Entertainment company Live” on its March 16th episode. They featured an “SNS News” corner, where they introduced stars who welcomed the warm spring. Among them, his spring fashion was introduced. Regardless of shapes and tones, he easily pulls off every fashion item, fully embracing the sharp yet vibrant spring fashion.   :heart2:

Top 10 dramas with the highest ratings in the history JTBC dramas : “Reborn Rich” ends up in 2nd place

The top 10 highest-rated dramas the history of JTBC was recently announced. 

2nd place – Reborn Rich (26.948%) 

The Friday-Saturday drama “Reborn Rich” is another drama adaptation of a web novel of the same name. It was aired with an intense schedule of three times a week. Song Joong Ki, Lee Sung Min, and Shin Hyun Bin appeared in the drama. It is a fantasy work about what happens when the secretary, who manages risk for his boss’ family, returns to life as the youngest son of the family after being killed by the exact same hands. Lee Sung Min’s performance was especially well-received.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/top-10-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-in-the-history-jtbc-dramas/

*** Filming of K-dramas are not only limited to the Korean peninsula. It's not unusual for the production staff to take us on a global adventure, filming in places like Canada, the United States, and Europe. Through these filming locations, we are able to see and experience even the tiniest bit of Europe's various cultures and landscapes. We're allowed us to travel all across Europe without leaving the comfort of our home like “Descendants of the Sun”, which was filmed in  Greece. They brought us to the lovely country of Greece. By watching this drama, we were able to visit locations like Navagio Beach in Zakynthos Island, Arachova. We were not only limited to traveling on land, but were brought across the clear, pristine waters too.   :Megalol:

Descendants-Of-The-Sun-e1679350899675.jp

descendants-of-the-sun-kbs-greece-1.jpg

*** I have re-watched his last drama, "Reborn Rich". I found it to be a rollercoaster of a ride, that's why, it deserves my 2nd watch.  Although,  it has been declared the drama with the worst ending by viewers, but, it’s the second highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history in both viewership ratings and number of viewers. And it achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its series finale. I loved the drama. The episodes are well-connected. Although, the show is not without its flaws. There are moments when it does get difficult to keep up with the history of Hyun-woo entangled with Do-joon. One of the best things about the drama is that it engages the audience to keep a tab on the timeline of the story. It is a show that needs a lot of attention. Oh, definitely, Reborn Rich” is worth a binge-watch.  :Megathanks:  SJK for giving your fans this good series.

*** SJK is still currently in Hungary filming his upcoming movie, "My Name Is Loh Kiwan".  According to the film crew of the movie, Song Joong Ki loves and cares for his pregnant wife very much. He rented a luxurious apartment in the suburbs of Budapest for his wife to rest and take care of her pregnancy. Apart from filming, he spends all of his remaining time with his wife. In particular, the film crew revealed that he refuses to allow Katy Louise from going out alone to ensure her safety during the first few months of her pregnancy.   :heart:

song-joong-ki-wife.jpg

photo source : lovekpop95

50 Best KDramas to watch right now

Right from Crash Landing on You and Alchemy of Souls to Squid Game and Goblin, keep scrolling for a comprehensive list of the best KDramas to watch ASAP!

It’s good news for all the entertainment-loving audiences out there, because this time we have curated an ultimate list to guide you through the world of Korean entertainment. In fact, right from interesting cast to addictive plots, we have hand selected only the best Kdramas to watch right now. Apart from an interestingly intense and unpredictable storyline we have made sure to list down incredibly binge-worthy shows that will definitely make you a K-drama fanatic.

Ahead, find the best Kdramas to watch right away, along with their IMDb ratings and OTT platforms. 

12. Vincenzo

• Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
  • Cast: Wyatt Bowen, Song Joongki, Jeon Yeobin
  • Director: Kim Huiwon
  • Writer: Park Jaebeom
  • Year of release:  2021
  • OTT Platform: Netflix
  • IMDb Rating: 8.4/10

Another K-drama we highly recommend is this action-crime comedy drama. Watch the show to witness the best of Vincenzo. The show features stars Wyatt Bowen, Song Joongki, and Jeon Yeobin and is available on Netflix to watch. 

13. Descendants of the Sun

• Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama
  • Cast: Song Joongki, Song HyeKyo, Jin Goo
  • Director: Eung Bok Lee
  • Writer: Kim Eunsook, WonSuk Kim
  • Year of release: 2016
  • OTT Platform: Netflix, Hulu
  • IMDb Rating: 8.2/10

Another Korean show that we highly recommend is Descendants of the Sun. This action comedy K-drama features the best of Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, and Jin Goo among others. The show is a legendary Korean show that features the story of Captain Yoo Sijin and how he falls in love with Kang Moyeon played by Song Hyeko.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Pinkvilla

From Co-Stars To Lovers: 10+ Couples Who Started Dating After Filming A K-Drama Together

Even though some of these couples didn’t stay together, all these relationships made headlines.

K-Dramas often make viewers swoon with their heart-fluttering romances.

Many K-Dramas even gain more attention for the actors’ chemistry while filming or sometimes in the behind-the-scenes content.

For instance, the K-Drama couple in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon remains a fan favorite as both leading actors, Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, later confessed that they fell for each other at different times. And fans are currently highly anticipating the return of their character’s relationship in the extension K-Drama, Strong Woman Gang Nam Soon.

But sometimes the chemistry between the actors leads to something more, and here are twelve times K-Drama actors went from being co-stars to lovers.

9. Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki

Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki made waves with their stellar performance in Descendants of the Sun.

tIEg3MBgwn9aUYsBIiisN4XppNtTsBQgkedWS8W7

Eventually, the two publicly announced their plans to get married, and Song Hye Kyo even opened up about their loving relationship. Unfortunately, shortly after getting married, the two got divorced, although both have continued to have incredibly successful careers.

2by4GFTGRwyjlqrrd2-tT_tKSEd959ZcgnbjWXTH

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo