Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Must-See Korean Romance Films to Tug at Your Heartstrings

1674275661-1.jpg

If you're not a fan of K-dramas, why not give Korean romance films a try? Unlike K-dramas, you don't have to wait a week for the next episode, and you can immerse yourself in a romantic world in just one sitting. To get you started, here are six heart-wrenching Korean romance films that you should definitely check out!

1. "A Werewolf Boy": A fantasy romance film where a young girl is sent to the countryside for her health. As she makes her move, she stumbles upon a beast-like boy and takes him under her wings, teaching him how to live like an ordinary civilian! Starring the lovely Park Bo Young and charismatic Song Joong Ki, this is a film you don't want to meet!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/must-see-korean-romance-films-to-tug-at-your-heartstrings

*** Song Joong Ki's appearance on TV while he was in college is garnering attention again. KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Company Live' reported on the "celebrities discovered by KBS" in the latest episode that aired yesterday, January 26th. The entertainment news program revealed ranks 1 to 8 on this day, and Song Joong Ki came in 2nd place. The show revealed that he had appeared on KBS 1 TV's television program 'Quiz Korea' back in 2006 when he was in his first year of studying social science at Sungkyunkwan University. Even at the time, he had his good looks and revealed that his dream was to become a news anchor. Due to his visuals, it was revealed that even a fan cafe was created after his appearance in the show. I’m not surprised. Song Joong Ki himself admitted, "I actually went on the show as a replacement but then a fan club was created after the broadcast. I was really dazed because I wasn't even a celebrity back then."    :Megalol:

1674775238-image.png

photo source : allkpop

*** Lee Sungmin talks more about working with Song Joong Ki. "It was fun filming with Song Joongki," he said. He was a special guest on the January 25th episode of tvN's 'You Quiz on the Block'. He shared the behind story of the famous car-accident scene in the drama. He explained, "The car-accident scene was actually filmed with the car parked and was retouched using CG. Song Joongki and I just shook our bodies back and forth and glass pieces were thrown at us."   

:Woah:

20230126_014914_006_0.jpg

photo source : gstarlive

*** Song Joong Ki reminisced the past when he appeared on the quiz show. He said, "Initially, someone else was going to participate in the quiz show. But that person cancelled at the last minute, so I ended up going on it. I pulled an all-nighter for like five days before the quiz show to prepare myself for it. That's how I made it up to the finals. When I heard that an online fan club was made after the show, I just couldn't believe it. I mean, it wasn't like I was a celebrity or anything, so...", then he jokingly added, "If I had a girlfriend back then, she probably would have been really mad."    :heart3:

201745653_700.webp

Source : SBS Star /

Credit= KBS Entertainment Weekly Plus

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Is Your Favorite K-Drama Bromance?

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Welcome back to a new edition of the “Soompi & Viki Staff Talk”! This time, some of our staff members discuss our favorite K-drama bromances.

Here are our staff’s faves!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead

Ginny: Yoo Shi Jin & Seo Dae Young (“Descendants of the Sun”)

jin-goo-song-joong-ki.jpeg

I have to say Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo in “Descendants of the Sun” had the greatest bromance chemistry of all K-drama bromances. Song Joong Ki plays Yoo Shi Jin, the captain of a Korean special forces unit, and Jin Goo plays fellow soldier Seo Dae Young. While they have their own respective romances going on, the two clearly show a solid friendship. Considering that they are in a war zone, they get stuck in unbelievable situations but manage to get out of it using their skills and amazing teamwork. It’s also hilarious to see how Seo Dae Young reacts to Yoo Shi Jin constantly poking fun at him. It’s a must-watch series with unforgettable bromance!

Watch “Descendants of the Sun” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for all stars!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of various stars’ media coverage, consumer participation, interaction, and community awareness indexes, using big data collected from December 29, 2022 to January 29, 2023.    :sweet:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. NewJeans
  2. BTS
  3. Lim Young Woong
  4. BLACKPINK
  5. IU
  6. Song Hye Kyo
  7. Yoo Jae Suk
  8. Song Joong Ki
  9. Younha
  10. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  11. Son Suk Ku
  12. Lee Jong Suk
  13. Son Heung Min
  14. NCT
  15. Lim Ji Yeon
  16. Lee Chan Won
  17. IVE
  18. SEVENTEEN
  19. (G)I-DLE
  20. Baek Jong Won
  21. TWICE
  22. Kim Yuna
  23. EXO
  24. Lee Do Hyun
  25. Super Junior
  26. BIGBANG
  27. Lee Young Ji
  28. Kim Min Jae
  29. Kang Daniel
  30. Park Sung Hoon

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : gpkorea.com

97191_212099_5625.jpg

*** Ahn Jinyoung, a reporter for Munhwa Ilbo and a Youtuber, revealed the appearance fees of top actors on his Youtube some days ago. First, the reporter revealed that Song Joongki, Lee Jongsuk, Ji Changwook, Kim Soohyun, and Lee Minho were actors who opened the way for a Korean actor to be able to get paid around KRW 300 million (around USD 244,000) per episode for drama on terrestrial channels. In other words, they receive approximately KRW 4.8 billion (almost USD 4 million) in appearance fees for a 16-episode drama. In the case of Kim Soohyun and Lee Minho, who have high popularity overseas, receive incentives on top of their appearance fees, per the reporter's words. He added that actresses still tend to earn less than actors. Jeon Jihyun and Song Hyekyo were said to receive the highest appearance fee among actresses, which is said to be KRW 200 million (around USD 163,000) per episode. As for actors who appeared on OTT, which is known to pay more, Lee Jungjae is said to be the star with the highest appearance fee. "In October last year, it was reported that the amount Lee Jung Jae got paid for one episode had risen to KRW 1 billion (USD 813,000).   :twerk2:

20230127_202242_213_orpay.webp

Breaking: Song Joong Ki Announces Marriage And Wife’s Pregnancy With Letter To Fans

Breaking: Song Joong Ki Announces Marriage And Wife’s Pregnancy With Letter To Fans

Song Joong Ki is starting a new family!

On January 30, the actor took to his official fan cafe to share the news with fans.

His letter reads as follows:

Hello. This is Joong Ki.

Today, I am greeting you because I want to share a promise that is more happy and valuable to me than anything.

I have promised to continue life together with Katy Louise Saunders, who has been by my side supporting me and who I have spent valuable time with while cherishing each other.

She has a kind heart, and she has lived her life passionately. She is a sensible and amazing person to the point that I revere her.

Thanks to her, I am becoming a better person.

We naturally dreamed of creating a happy family together. We have put in much effort to keep each other’s promises, and we are sincerely thankful as a new life has come to us.

And today, based on our deep trust and love for each other, we are on our way back from registering our marriage to begin life as a married couple.

As we are now, the two of us will walk our days ahead beautifully while facing the same direction.

I sincerely thank all the fans who always cherish me no matter what.

Especially following the wishes and support of Ki Aile (Song Joong Ki’s fan club) who provide the greatest strength to me throughout my acting career, I will work to fly higher as an actor and individual with the wings of greater responsibility and passion.

I hope everyone will be happy and healthy until the day I can greet you in person.

Song Joong Ki confirmed that he is in a relationship back in December of last year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564720wpp/breaking-song-joong-ki-announces-marriage-and-wifes-pregnancy-with-letter-to-fans

• Shocked 1
  • Love 1

Song Joong Ki’s Agency Briefly Comments On Wedding Plans

Song Joong Ki’s agency has briefly commented regarding his marriage to Katy Louise Saunders!

On January 30, the actor took to his official fan cafe to share exciting news of his marriage and wife’s pregnancy through a heartwarming letter. In the letter, Song Joong Ki revealed that he registered his marriage with Katy Louise Sanders.

A source from Song Joong Ki’s agency High Zium Studio additionally shared, “The wedding ceremony will be held separately, but nothing specific has been decided yet.” They added, “The two will spend their newlywed life going back and forth from South Korea and the United Kingdom.”

Song Joong Ki confirmed that he is in a relationship back in December of last year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564723wpp/song-joong-kis-agency-briefly-comments-on-wedding-plans

Congratulations Joong Ki -ah, so glad you’ve found someone who cherishes you enough to help you build a family of your own. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness on the road less travelled which has made all the difference, and definitely for the better!!! Forever your fan!!!

:fullofhearts:

17 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Congratulations to SJK and to KLS.:wub:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. Yesterday, January 30, Dispatch reported that Song Joong Ki and his wife Katy Louise Saunders have been living together in a villa in the neighborhood of Hannam in Seoul since last spring. So, no one can talk about “sudden” pregnancy.  They also reported that he invited her parents to Korea after she got pregnant, and they are reportedly living together.   They’ll definitely make a beautiful and CUTE baby. I hope we could get to see later. - hahaha - CONGRATULATIONS, SJK! Wish them well. I was shocked at first because it's so sudden to me but, it's an awesome news. I’m so happy for him! You deserve all the happiness that's coming your way. Live a happy and healthy life. They look so good together.

:popcornjackson:

source : https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2237118

*** It is not known whether or when they will hold a wedding ceremony.  :heart2:

Song Joong-ki announces he's tied the knot, new wife is pregnant

Actor Song Joong-ki, left, and his wife Katy Louise Saunders [NEWS1, IMDB]

Actor Song Joong-ki, left, and his wife Katy Louise Saunders [NEWS1, IMDB]

Actor Song Joong-ki married British actor Katy Louise Saunders and the couple is expecting their first child.

"Today, I wish to share with you precious and happy news," Song wrote in a letter uploaded on his fan site on Monday afternoon.

"I have vowed to spend the rest of my life with Katy Louise Saunders, someone who has supported me and stuck by me. She has a good heart and lives her life passionately. She is amazingly wise and wonderful."

According to the letter, the couple wed today.

Song also wrote that they have been "blessed with precious life."

"We promise to spend the rest of our days together in the loving way we have done so far," he said. "I thank the fans for the constant support you always give to me."

Born in 1985, Song debuted on screen through the 2008 film “A Frozen Flower.” He rose to stardom through KBS drama series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” (2010), “The Innocent Man” (2012), “Descendants of the Sun” (2016), and tvN series “Arthdal Chronicles” (2019), “Vincenzo” (2021) and films “A Werewolf Boy” (2012) as well as “Space Sweepers” (2021) on Netflix.

He tied the knot with fellow actor Song Hye-kyo in 2017, but the pair divorced a year and nine months later.

Saunders was born in 1984 in London, United Kingdom, and debuted through Italian romance film "A Journey Called Love" in 2002 but has not had an acting job since 2019. She and Song are said to have bene introduced by a mutual acquaintance last year.

BY YOON SO-YEON [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

21 hours ago, FavSong_JKWL said:

Congratulations Joong Ki -ah, so glad you’ve found someone who cherishes you enough to help you build a family of your own. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness on the road less travelled which has made all the difference, and definitely for the better!!! Forever your fan!!!

:fullofhearts:

@FavSong_JKWL  welcome to SJK's thread. Also, thanks for sharing your message here.  I have to say this - People do have the right to move on. One failed marriage does not prevent anyone to get marry again and in all honesty one bad experience in something should not discourage you to try again. It is honorable of him that he wants to marry again and recognize the baby. In life, you move on and find something or someone that works. It’s kind of amazing to see a K- celebrity being in a relationship with a Western celebrity.  :heart3:

Actor Song Joong-ki Married and Expecting a Child

January 31, 2023 10:11

2023013100854_0.jpg
Song Joong-ki (left) and Katy Louise Saunders

Actor Song Joong-ki is married to a British colleague he recently admitted to being in a relationship with and the couple are expecting a child.

In a message on his official website on Monday, the 38-year-old actor said, "I made a pledge with Katy Louise Saunders, with whom I have shared precious moments, to spend the rest of our lives together."

"We just registered our marriage to start a life as a married couple based on deep trust and love. We are also so fortunate to have a new life coming to us."

Song married actress Song Hye-kyo in 2017 after they co-starred in the mega-hit series "Descendants of the Sun," but they divorced amicably just two years later. He met Saunders in 2021.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

Song Joong-ki marries British woman, expects baby

Actor Song Joong-ki / Yonhap

By Kim Rahn

Actor Song Joong-ki is a married man again and is also an expecting father.

The 37-year-old disclosed on his online fan community, Monday, his marriage as well as his wife's pregnancy. The announcement came about a month after his agency confirmed that he is in a relationship with a British woman.

"I made a pledge with Katy Louise Saunders, with whom I have shared precious moments, to spend the rest of our lives together," he wrote. "A new life has also come to us," he added, implying that the couple is expecting a baby.

"We just registered our marriage to start a life as a married couple based on deep trust and love. We will start our beautiful journey and spend our remaining days together."

Katy Louise Saunders / Screenshot from Katy Louise Saunders' Facebook

When rumors emerged that the heartthrob is dating a woman and his agency confirmed the gossip in December, it was widely believed that the woman is Saunders, who appeared in several movies but has not been acting for some time.

She accompanied Song to a press conference in Singapore in early December.

Song said his wife is a kind, passionate and wise woman who earned his respect.

"Thanks to her, I'm becoming a better person," he wrote. "With a greater responsibility and passion, I'll make efforts to become a better person and actor."

In 2017, Song married star actress Song Hye-kyo after they co-starred in the hit series, "Descendants of the Sun," the previous year. But they divorced about 20 months later.

credit : Korea Times

On 1/30/2023 at 3:15 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Song Joong Ki’s agency has briefly commented regarding his marriage to Katy Louise Saunders!

On January 30, the actor took to his official fan cafe to share exciting news of his marriage and wife’s pregnancy through a heartwarming letter. In the letter, Song Joong Ki revealed that he registered his marriage with Katy Louise Sanders.

A source from Song Joong Ki’s agency High Zium Studio additionally shared, “The wedding ceremony will be held separately, but nothing specific has been decided yet.” They added, “The two will spend their newlywed life going back and forth from South Korea and the United Kingdom.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564723wpp/song-joong-kis-agency-briefly-comments-on-wedding-plans

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. According to Newsen, Song Joong Ki completed his marriage registration at the Jongno-gu office in Seoul after passing through the British Embassy in Jung-gu, Seoul. Jongno-gu Office is recognized as a ‘gateway’ to become a legal couple for couples with international marriages. Many embassies are located near the district office, so same-day business operations are possible. For that reason, it can be said that the Song Joong Ki-Katy couple also took the traditional course of international marriage like any other couple. Regarding the March wedding rumor, which is the most talked about at the moment, it is revealed that Song Joong Ki will have to start filming soon, so a wedding in March will be physically impossible. He will travel abroad in February to film the movie “Ro Ki Wan”.    :ohboy2:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Surely, he will be an amazing father. He has played a father before in the movie "SpaceSweepers", so I'm excited to see him finally be a dad in real life too. He also played basketball with the child actor from this movie. He also posed with Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi’s daughter.   :kaching3:

source/photos : Koreaboo

GxL4vPFYVrjKDQ0AMQ0Y67ejyAWGwW73yH1842IH

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 2:35 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Song Joong Ki is starting a new family!

On January 30, the actor took to his official fan cafe to share the news with fans.

His letter reads as follows:

Hello. This is Joong Ki.

Today, I am greeting you because I want to share a promise that is more happy and valuable to me than anything.

I have promised to continue life together with Katy Louise Saunders, who has been by my side supporting me and who I have spent valuable time with while cherishing each other.

She has a kind heart, and she has lived her life passionately. She is a sensible and amazing person to the point that I revere her.

Thanks to her, I am becoming a better person.

We naturally dreamed of creating a happy family together. We have put in much effort to keep each other’s promises, and we are sincerely thankful as a new life has come to us.

And today, based on our deep trust and love for each other, we are on our way back from registering our marriage to begin life as a married couple.

As we are now, the two of us will walk our days ahead beautifully while facing the same direction.

I sincerely thank all the fans who always cherish me no matter what.

Especially following the wishes and support of Ki Aile (Song Joong Ki’s fan club) who provide the greatest strength to me throughout my acting career, I will work to fly higher as an actor and individual with the wings of greater responsibility and passion.

I hope everyone will be happy and healthy until the day I can greet you in person.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1564720wpp/breaking-song-joong-ki-announces-marriage-and-wifes-pregnancy-with-letter-to-fans

@backstreetboysfan thanks for sharing this. For sure, his fans were shocked/surprised/emotional hearing/reading this news that he got married & will be a father soon. It's a lot to handle at once. Then the congratulations for the happy couple came pouring in. Well, I hope he finds lasting happiness this time round. No word on when the baby will arrive because she didn't look pregnant at all in the photos taken of them in November when he was in SIN to promote his latest drama, "Reborn Rich" returned to Seoul with her. But, there's a report that they were spotted visiting an OB-Gyne clinic that time. There was a report that he revealed that his wife is in his second month of pregnancy. So, she will give birth to their first child this August? There's also a rumor that his parents are against with the marriage. As far as I remember, he was interviewed some years ago in W Korea’s magazine and he was asked about “the thing that makes you move forward the future", he replied, “I dream about having a family. The most important thing in my life is family. It’s the biggest motto in my life, a gift, and the direction for me to go. Due to the nature of my job as an actor, I try to balance my working life and my daily life in my family. Later, I want to become a good father and a good husband. That’s my ultimate goal”.   :kisslevel:

On 1/30/2023 at 2:02 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Through official announcement, SongJoongki shares that he has married his girlfriend Katy Louise Saunders and she's currently pregnant with their child.

Congratulations to the couple!

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. There's a report that Song Joong Ki tried his best to make Katy’s life in Korea comfortable. During the time of "Reborn Rich", as he was often away filming for his drama, he even enlisted the help of an English-Korean translator to help assist her when he was away. Once Song Joong Ki found out Katy was pregnant, he flew in her parents to help take care of her. Currently, Song Joong Ki, Katy Louise Saunders, and her family are living in his house in the Itaewon area. Dispatch also spotted her shopping for baby clothes with her mother at a baby clothing store in January in Apgujeong. It is reported that baby clothes purchased by his wife are from a luxury French brand.  Also, there's a report that Song Joong-Ki is planning to hold a small and private wedding ceremony with Katy. It will be more humble and low-key like the one he and Katy attended together in Bali, Indonesia. The date and venue have not yet been confirmed. So, this won't be as fancy/grand/luxurious as his first one. It's not the 'wedding of the century" anymore.   :heart2beat:

-_gI7NFM5LMghyQ4jyjDVG7zqldCYQAoWG4OFaQK

Song-Joong-Ki-1.jpg

source : https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2237118

• Blob 1

*** The YouTube channel “Entertainment President Lee Jin Ho” revealed that at that time, Song Joong Ki was filming the movie ‘Ro Ki Wan’ and he had a meal with other actors then Song Joong Ki surprised everyone when he showed the photo of Katy on his cellphone and said, ‘I’m dating her’. The actors there exclaimed about Katy’s beauty and they were very shocked that Song Joong Ki showed the picture himself. He did not say a word about marriage or pregnancy at that time but Song Joong Ki told others that he had dated Katy for nearly 3 years.   :blush: