Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Looking at this picture makes me want to see Joong Ki and Park So Dam in a movie/drama together so much! PSD is such a talented actress. Joong Ki greeted Director Bong Joon Ho in BIFF event, too :w00t:

Oppa participated in a meaningful act again :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, ssteph said:

2021.10.6 BIFF opening ceremony

Reveal hidden contents

FBAikBaVkAAypYm?format=jpg&name=900x900

FBBB923UYAcoxXk?format=jpg&name=large

•••

2021.10.7 Open Talk : Space Sweepers

Reveal hidden contents

FBFMjJvVkAIKJ2w?format=jpg&name=900x900

FBFM5-eVUAETAer?format=jpg&name=900x900

Before the event started

Reveal hidden contents

@ssteph thanks for sharing this. Yesterday, October 7, the 30th annual Buil Film Awards were held. The Buil Film Awards are hosted by the newspaper Busan Ilbo and typically take place during the Busan International Film Festival, which kicked off this year on October 6. Best Art Direction: went both to Jung Sung Jin & Jung Chul Jin (“Space Sweepers”). Congratulations to the team! :blush:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20211007n38066?mid=e0100

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, bearcreek said:

TODAY Oct 6 : BIFF opening ceremony - MC: SJK

Red carpet 18:00 KST; Ceremony 18:30 KST

SJK at red carpet

@bearcreek thanks for sharing this. During the “Open Talk” for his movie Space Sweepers, Song Joong Ki brought up Netflix‘s Squid Game and how popular it really is. He shared that while traveling abroad to film Bogota, he rode a small plane that didn’t carry many people. He went to an island in Europe. While on the plane, Song Joong Ki shared that (3) foreigners with him were downloading Squid Game on their phone to watch during their plane ride. While residing on the small European island, he shared he witnessed many residents watching Squid Game there as well. It truly made him realize just how popular that show is. Song Joong Ki then expressed that the popularity of Korean content such as Squid Game or his film Space Sweepers has made him feel very proud.  :Twerkdatbutt:

source : http://mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202110071702305255

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

@bearcreek thanks for sharing this. During the “Open Talk” for his movie Space Sweepers, Song Joong Ki brought up Netflix‘s Squid Game and how popular it really is. He shared that while traveling abroad to film Bogota, he rode a small plane that didn’t carry many people. He went to an island in Europe. While on the plane, Song Joong Ki shared that (3) foreigners with him were downloading Squid Game on their phone to watch during their plane ride. While residing on the small European island, he shared he witnessed many residents watching Squid Game there as well. It truly made him realize just how popular that show is. Song Joong Ki then expressed that the popularity of Korean content such as Squid Game or his film Space Sweepers has made him feel very proud.  :Twerkdatbutt:

source : http://mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202110071702305255

Love to hear snippets about his recent filming! And yes SJK feel free to come to NY and we can show you how popular you are! 

:Pandabulous:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ssteph said:

2021.10.9 Song Joong Ki IG update

Ahn Bo Hyun IG update

"Our forever Captain Yoo Si Jin"

DOTS reunion at BIFF

•••

Interview with Song Joong Ki before Space Sweepers open talk

Interview & more photos

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002995471

@ssteph thanks for sharing this. SJK promised to host last year’s event, but the opening ceremony was canceled due to the pandemic. And this year, he kept the promise with the festival and returned with a new movie. Here's the interview :ohboy2:

Q1. You were with director Jo Sung Hee 10 years ago, and you’re with him once again.

When I was here with A Werewolf Boy ten years ago, I sat in the back with director Jo Sung Hee and Park Bo Young. And this time, I’m excited to be with director Jo Sung Hee and my beloved friend Seon Kyu. 

Q2. It’s been a while since you met with the audience.

From an actor’s point of view, I personally enjoy the fun of going on stage greetings very much. I agreed to host the opening ceremony because I wanted to enjoy that atmosphere. I’m delighted to meet audiences like this. 

Q3. Ten years ago, you were still a young actor. And now, you’re an actor in your 30s.

Well, I just think I’ve gotten old (laughs). Still, I think I’ve lived my life to the full, and I’m ready to work even more diligently. There is definitely a charm in this vibe that film festivals give off. Once I visit the festival, it makes me think, “Oh, I really am an actor,” and really makes me want to work harder.

Q4. Meeting in person, you seem like an easygoing and calming person. I can see Tae Ho from ‘Space Sweepers’ in you.

I love the word “natural.” I met director Ho Sung Hee for a business without knowing each other so well for A Werewolf Boy. After the work was finished, I met with him often. I’m sure he had this idea and thoughts about me. And I think that’s why he gave me the role of Tae Ho. I once thought to myself that he gave me the role because he and I have a similar vibe.

Q5. The moment when you looked at Jeon Yeo Bin, who was called on the red carpet, became a hot topic.

I haven’t seen her for months since Vincenzo. I walked first, and I heard Jeon Yeo Bin’s name, so I looked. And fans loved it, saying that Vincenzo is looking at Cha Young.

Q6. How do you feel about the screening of ‘Space Sweepers’?

It’s the first time I saw Space Sweepers on the big screen with a loud sound, and I was very satisfied. After the screening, Jin Seon Kyu and I went up to the stage. We answered the audience’s questions, and I heard someone saying he’d watch the movie again. There was also someone who said that he cried after watching the movie. Hearing such wonderful feedback, being at the GV came alive, and it felt great. It was nice to finish the Space Sweepers schedule with a GV. 

2021100918110042817_1.jpg

source : https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021100918110042817&outlink=2&SVEC=

• Love 1

*** Hmmm.....I'm happy for all the things that he has achieved so far in his career. I'm glad of all the blessings coming his

way. This was such a good interview. So proud of Song Joong ki. I'm happy to see him.. where he is now.    :wut:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Song Joong Ki On Attending Busan International Film Festival For 1st Time In 10 Years, Reuniting With Jeon Yeo Been, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Joong Ki talked about his latest film “Space Sweepers” in a recent interview with Star News!

After attending the Busan International Film Festival in 2012 for “A Werewolf Boy” with director Jo Sung Hee, Song Joong Ki returned to the 26th Busan International Film Festival this year as the opening ceremony’s host with Park So Dam for his performance in Jo Sung Hee’s latest film “Space Sweepers.”

Song Joong Ki explained that it’s his first time coming to the film festival in almost 10 years. He shared, “10 years ago, I saw ‘A Werewolf Boy’ at the very back seat in theaters with director Jo Sung Hee and Park Bo Young. I’m touched to think I’ll watch while sitting with director Jo Hee Sung again this time. If there’s something that’s different, it’s that I watched with Park Bo Young back then, but I’ll be watching with Jin Sun Kyu this year.” He joked, “The lineup is kind of gloomy,” but also said, “I’m excited to be with director Jo Sung Hee and Sun Kyu, whom I like.”

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN1.jpg

The actor expressed how glad he was to come to the film festival, especially after seeing all the well-known directors and veterans from the film industry as well as all the effort put in by the industry people to set up the event.

Song Joong Ki touched on his complicated feelings of wanting to greet viewers but facing the difficulty of doing so during these times. He shared, “From an actor’s perspective, I personally really enjoy greeting viewers after a premiere.

We aren’t able to do that now. Personally, I agreed to be the MC for the Busan International Film Festival’s opening ceremony because I wanted to enjoy this atmosphere.” He added, “Although there are people who are having a more difficult time because of COVID-19, it was difficult for me not to be able to communicate as an actor. I’m happy to meet the audiences like this.”

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN-5.jpg

Song Joong Ki revealed how happy he is to have Jin Sun Kyu with him, but he also mentioned that it’s a shame that Yoo Hae Jin and Kim Tae Ri couldn’t also join them at the festival. Song Joong Ki explained that he had been surprised by the mixed responses for “Space Sweepers” as well as the fact that many people from all over the world had seen it, making him curious about the reason. Mentioning how “Vincenzo” is also loved abroad, Song Joong Ki commented, “I’m grateful, of course, but I’m also curious. Since I only hear that people like it, it doesn’t sink in.”

On his plane ride to Cyprus for his upcoming film “Bogotá,” Song Joong Ki had seen three people next to him watching “Squid Game.” He explained, “Seeing that, I got the thought that foreigners also must have watched ‘Space Sweepers’ just like that. I was happy to hear ‘Squid Game’ is popular, even though it’s a project that has no relation to me. I felt the impact, thinking that foreign viewers watched ‘Space Sweepers’ and enjoyed it. I got the thought that I should do even better with a greater sense of responsibility in the future.”

Spoiler

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN-6.jpg

When asked how he feels about “Space Sweepers” not showing in theaters, Song Joong Ki jokingly mentioned,

“Every time I receive this question, the Netflix employees always look at me from the side to see how I’ll answer.”

He added, “Rather than what format the film is revealed through, it’s more important whether or not the film gets released. The film was released, and as a result, we were invited to the Busan International Film Festival where I could meet the audience.” Song Joong Ki explained that he’s very thankful that “Bogotá” could be released because it took almost two years to film after he first went to Colombia in November 2019 with just Kwon Hae Hyo and Lee Hee Joon and without their managers.

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN-4.jpg

The interviewer asked the actor how he thinks of himself from 10 years ago, and the actor replied, “There’s not much. I just think I’ve aged a lot. I think I still lived diligently, and I feel as if I should live even more diligently.” He added that the film festival made him feel as if he should work hard on filming even more projects, explaining, “My next project is a drama. After doing that project, I think I should quickly take on another good film.”

Song Joong Ki stressed that he likes giving off a natural atmosphere. Revealing that he often met director Jo Sung Hee after “A Werewolf Boy,” Song Joong Ki wondered if he was given the role of Tae Ho from “Space Sweepers” because the director had a certain image of him. He elaborated, “I’ve thought on my own that the director perhaps gave me the role because he feels similar to me. I often thought that we’re similar too.”

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN-31.jpg

The actor also talked about his reunion with “Vincenzo” co-star Jeon Yeo Been for the first time in a few months.

He shared, “I arrived first, and I looked because I heard actress Jeon Yeo Been being called, and many fans enjoyed it, saying ‘Vincenzo (Song Joong Ki) is looking at Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Been).’ My chemistry with actress Jeon Yeo Been was great because we were together the most during the eight months while filming ‘Vincenzo.’ In my opinion, our teamwork was good because Yeo Bin adjusted to me very well. She’s a very considerate person.

She’s considerate of the actor playing opposite her, and in that aspect, our personalities fit well together.”

Song-Joong-Ki-XPN-21.jpg

After viewing the screening for “Space Sweepers,” Song Joong Ki shared that he was very satisfied. Recalling how he attended the guest visit (GV) event at the exact same location 10 years ago, Song Joong Ki talked about how touched he felt, especially to receive such great feedback from the viewers. He added, “It’s my film, but I felt happy to see a fun film on the big screen for the first time in a while.”

Watch Song Joong Ki in “Descendants of the Sun” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, bearcreek said:

TODAY Oct 6 : BIFF opening ceremony - MC: SJK

Red carpet 18:00 KST; Ceremony 18:30 KST

SJK at red carpet

@bearcreek thanks for sharing MORE photos during the event. I have watched his latest movie "Space Sweepers".  This movie is fun to watch with impressive CGI and a worthy substitute for a new Star Wars or Marvel movie. I love this memorable dialogue in the movie - “In space, there’s no up or down. From the universe’s viewpoint, nothing is worthless or

precious. Everything is precious in its own place.”      :wut:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, EInfinity said:

Joong Ki's instagram is updated so frequent now, I am not used to it yet :D

Oppa looks so good :wub:

*** thanks for sharing this. I wonder why he keeps on changing his IG username, huh before his current one. It seems like he was looking thoughfully for a long time about his IG username. - hahaha - Earlier this year, Song Joongki opened an official Instagram account. He debuted on Instagram with the username '@hi_songjoongki.' When you go to his Instagram information—before coming with 'hi_songjoongki,' he changed his username many times!  He tried different names made from his name and the word 'official,' as well as the number '85' that represents the year he was born, 1985. :Megalol:

1634184684544-0.gif

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, EInfinity said:

Bogota filming finally finished after nearly 2 years, can't wait to see our Guk Hee on big screen!

OMGGGG look who is in Busan today :heart:

*** Finally..............they wrapped-up the production after that long of shooting the movie. I wonder if there were only (2) locations here, Korea & Colombia?  :twerk2:

• Like 2

Always enjoy the articles and photos of SJK. That smile! Those eyes! That voice! Don't know about other coutries, but a lot of the popularity of both Space Sweepers and Vincenzo for Americans is that both have an element of the average person struggling to tred water while their efforts are confiscated with the cooperation of lawful and unlawful actions of courts. Both these productions give the viewers the satisfaction of seeing the tables turned, bad guys punished and good guys rewarded. It was a nice difference from having good guys killed and the ending coming up with the corrupt government and corporations on top. I feel great every time I watch them and I have rewatched both numerous times.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, willenette said:

*** thanks for sharing this. I wonder why he keeps on changing his IG username, huh before his current one. It seems like he was looking thoughfully for a long time about his IG username. - hahaha - Earlier this year, Song Joongki opened an official Instagram account. He debuted on Instagram with the username '@hi_songjoongki.' When you go to his Instagram information—before coming with 'hi_songjoongki,' he changed his username many times!  He tried different names made from his name and the word 'official,' as well as the number '85' that represents the year he was born, 1985.

To be honest, I think the Instagram account is made and managed by his agency, to satisfy his fans only, oppa does not use it :D

16 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Finally..............they wrapped-up the production after that long of shooting the movie. I wonder if there were only (2) locations here, Korea & Colombia?  :twerk2:

The movie was first shot in Colombia back in Jan 2020 before Covid 19 outbreak, they completed only about 40% before having to head back to South Korea. They started filming in SK again in June 2021 using CG for the overseas scenes. The filming crew including Song Joong Ki flew to Cyprus in September 2021 for 3 weeks to wrap up filming. I am so glad that Bogota filming was successful despite Covid situation, definitely look forward to watching in next year :)

Did you notice Joong Ki's skin looks so much tanned in the BIFF pictures, I think it is because of the sun in Cyprus, also Guk Hee seems to be tougher character than most of Joong Ki's roles before.

Joong Ki's instagram updated. So many Joong Ki in the pictures, can I have one please? :wub:

• Love 1

On 10/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, bearcreek said:

Vlogger Joongki era is coming!!! Can’t wait!

:tightdeadline:

@bearcreek thanks for sharing this. Welcome to the new vlogger in town! In this 30-seconds teaser, it can be seen that Song Joong Ki's first vlog will cover the behind-the-scenes footage of his previous attendance at the BIFF. Song

Joong Ki's first-ever vlog is slated to premiere next week! Looking forward to this.    :popcornjackson:

• Like 2