Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** “Reborn Rich” is topping streaming platforms in the Asian market, according to Hong Kong-based streaming service Viu TODAY, Thursday December 1st. Six episodes have been released so far, and the show quickly became “the most watched show” in Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines over the span of the past 10 days. Viu, which currently holds the exclusive rights to distribute the drama to foreign markets, commented that the series’ popularity is noteworthy considering that K-dramas which have gained global popularity before were usually focused romance, while this drama generally focuses on revenge and corporate infighting.  The drama releases three episodes per week, which, I think is a contributor to the show’s quick rise in viewership.   :heart4:

credit : JoongAngDaily

• Like 1

*** "reborn Rich" will be ending this December. Time flies so fast..... :popcornjackson:

Reborn Rich Korean Drama - Song Joong Ki

photo source : Kdramakisses

Reborn Rich is about a man (Song Joong Ki) who was loyal to a chaebol family but was framed for embezzlement and then killed. He is reborn as the youngest son of the family and sets out to take over as he plans his revenge.

Reborn Rich airs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on JTBC.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kdramakisses.com/2022/12/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-december-2022/

5 Korean actors with outstanding successes in 2022, known for visuals that age like fine wine

2022 introduces fans to a lot of successful K-dramas and movies, and below are some notable actors with outstanding works within this year. 

Song Joong Ki

After a cool image in “Vincenzo”, Song Joong Ki continues to steal hearts with his transformation into Jin Do Joon of “Reborn Rich“.

Ever since the first teaser images, “Reborn Rich” has been the talk of town, and the K-drama truly lived up to expectations. So far, there have been various praises as the audience tune into the interesting plot, the scheming characters, and the brilliant acting of Song Joong Ki and Lee Sung Min. 

While “Reborn Rich” has only been half-way through, the success it has seen so far is undeniable, and the series is expected to do even better in the future. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/5-korean-actors-with-outstanding-successes-in-2022-known-for-visuals-that-age-like-fine-wine/

***  Reborn Rich” will be taking the night off. Due to South Korea’s upcoming World Cup match against Portugal, the drama will not be airing a new episode TONIGHT, December 2. The match is quite important for SK. Instead the drama will be airing a rerun before returning with its next episode tomorrow,  Saturday, December 3. After airing Episodes 7 and 8 tomorrow December 3 and 4, the drama will return to its usual three-episodes-a-week broadcast schedule for Episodes 9 through 14. The drama will then air its final two episodes on Saturday, December 24 and Sunday, December 25. The drama has 16 EPs.   :cheers:

202212021010431910_1_20221202102404653.jpg?type=w540

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000660822

*** Can "Reborn Rich" reach or surpass the 15% rating soon since attention is focused on the rating performance of this drama. Its rating increase through episodes and recorded 14.9% in episode 6, which aired in the second broadcasting week. Therefore, I am expecting the new episode 7 this week to surpass 15%.   :heart1:

song joong ki reborn rich

photo source https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=477&aid=0000397670

*** “Reborn Rich” is available on various OTT platforms, making it the K-drama with the highest number of firms competing for airing rights. As a result, the drama can now be found on Netflix, TVing, Disney+, and so on, and even topping charts on these platforms while at it. The drama managed to land in Top 10 non-English TV dramas for Netflix Global, despite only being available in Netflix Korea. In particular, the drama ranked 4th with over 10.35 million watching hours from November 21st to 27th, proving its intense

popularity.   :rubchin:

reborn rich ranking

The ranking of “Reborn Rich” on Disney+ Korea from November 24th to 30th. 

reborn rich ranking

The ranking of “Reborn Rich” on Netflix Korea from November 24th to 30th. 

reborn rich netflix

Reborn Rich” made it to Top 10 non-English TV dramas for Netflix Global

source : https://kbizoom.com/reborn-rich-is-harvesting-achievements-breaking-records/

Exclusive Interview: Song Joong Ki Talks About His “Reborn Rich” Characters, Chemistry With Co-Stars, And More

Exclusive Interview: Song Joong Ki Talks About His “Reborn Rich” Characters, Chemistry With Co-Stars, And More

Song Joong Ki has taken time for an exclusive interview with Soompi!

Ahead of the recent premiere of “Reborn Rich,” the actor sat down to share insight into the drama, what he is like as an actor, and more.

Check out his responses below:

In this drama, you had to play dual roles. How did you express the difference between the two characters Yoon Hyun Woo and Jin Do Joon? What was the most difficult aspect about playing these characters?

While preparing for “Reborn Rich,” I placed a lot of importance on physical appearance. When expressing the character Yoon Hyun Woo, I wore glasses for the first time in a drama, and when I was portraying Jin Do Joon, I prepared a lot of props and outfits that college students would have actually worn and used at that time. At first, I also thought it was one person playing two roles, but because of the fact that Yoon Hyun Woo entered into Jin Do Joon’s body, I came to the conclusion that I am playing one character. Afterwards, I could navigate [the drama] and act more comfortably.

If you were to be born again like in the drama, what kind of life would you want to live other than being an actor? Also, if you were to go back to the past, what age would you want to go back to?

It is hard to imagine anything else other than being an actor. If I could go back in time, I would like to go back to my freshman year of university.

How similar are you to Yoon Hyun Woo?

I think about 60 to 70 percent. I feel we are alike because I have somewhat cold and nonchalant sides within me, but the difference is that I laugh a lot while Yoon Hyun Woo doesn’t.

Spoiler

song-joong-ki.jpeg

When starting a new project, do you have any special way of becoming closer to the other actors?

I think I tend to show my candid side. I think the most important thing is having conversations, and I try to find common interests while having meals or working out together.

The billiards match with Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min) in one of the teasers was quite memorable. How was your chemistry with actor Lee Sung Min?

I had very natural chemistry with Lee Sung Min. He often put me first and was very considerate of me, so we could match each other’s acting even without elaborate conversations. I was very much looking forward to working with him, and it was indeed a great experience.

Viewers are curious about the relationship between your character and Shin Hyun Been‘s character which has yet to be unveiled (at the time the interview took place). How was your chemistry with Shin Hyun Been?

I met actress Shin Hyun Been for the first time through this project. Shin Hyun Been has a very wide perspective, and she has an instinctive nature to be considerate of others. She helped me a lot, and our chemistry was great.

shin-hyun-been-song-joong-ki.jpeg

There have been a lot of dramas with the theme of revenge. What makes “Reborn Rich” special?

I think it’s a bit more interesting because it’s revenge that makes you think more about the process and self-reflect rather than revenge where the outcome is important.

What do you consider the most when choosing a project?

I think it is the project’s narrative. I tend to think the direction of how the story flows is the most important. I try to select projects that are interesting and worth watching for viewers.

What do you look forward to the most as an actor when starting a new project?

It would be the people I work with. I look most forward to creating the project together with new people including actors and staff members.

reborn-rich.png

Please share a memorable event or the most interesting thing that occurred while filming!

The K-drama fans I met while filming in Turkey left the greatest impression on me. I was very surprised that the Turkish fans who came to watch have seen so many Korean dramas and that they even remember the details. I could feel that they love K-dramas a lot, so I don’t think I’ll ever forget that.

Please give a shout out to global fans who will be watching “Reborn Rich” through Soompi and Viki!

Hello! The narrative of “Reborn Rich” progresses as it introduces events that actually happened in Korean society since the 1980s. These incidents may be unfamiliar to global fans, but I think it will be more helpful and entertaining if you search about them on the Internet while watching the drama together. Please enjoy!

221125_Reborn-Rich_Stills-2_166961849553

Watch Song Joong Ki in “Reborn Rich” below:

WATCH NOW

credit : soompi news

*** "Reborn Rich" cast recently enjoyed a barbecue party, courtesy of Song Joong Ki! Yesterday, December 1st, actor Kim Do Hyun shared this picture of the cast members out at a restaurant via his Instagram with a caption - "The day we ate meat. #TheDayDoJoonPaid #TheYoungestSonofaConglomerate."  In particular, Song Joong Ki sat in the center of the group, tongs in hand. Lee Sung Min is not with the group?   :kaching1:

1669966509-20221202-song.jpg

*** "Reborn Rich" is available on Viu. This year’s most anticipated series is exclusively shown in the Philippines on Viu. Also, his other drama, which is "The Innocent Man" (2012) will also be shown via Viu. Song Joong Ki is no stranger to shows where he plays characters out for revenge.   :heart2beat:

PLDT-Home-x-Viu-Reborn-Rich.jpg

PLDT-Home-x-Viu-The-Innocent-Man.jpg

photos source : https://mb.com.ph/2022/11/30/watch-song-joong-kis-new-starrer-reborn-rich-plus-more-riveting-revenge-shows-only-on-viu-powered-by-pldt-home/

***“Reborn Rich” debuted at No. 4 on the non-English TV chart with 10.35 million hours viewed during the period Nov. 21 to 27.   :blush:

TV (Non-English)

1. Elite: Season 6 – 48,270,000

2. Til Money Do Us Part: Season 1 – 32,210,000

3. Under the Queen’s Umbrella: Season 1 – 18,080,000

4. Reborn Rich – 10,350,000

5. Somebody: Season 1 – 9,940,000

6. The Unbroken Voice: Season 1 – 9,900,000

7. Chiquititas – 7,280,000

8. First Love: Season 1 – 7,220,000

9. Khakee: The Bihar Chapter: Season 1 – 6,330,000

10. Café con aroma de mujer: Season 1 – 6,310,000

114556.jpeg

photo source : https://mb.com.ph/2022/11/30/wednesday-addams-series-sets-premiere-record-on-netflix-reborn-rich-in-top-10/

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Joong Ki And Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany Face An Unexpected Crisis In “Reborn Rich”

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Reborn Rich” is a new JTBC fantasy drama starring Song Joong Ki as Yoon Hyun Woo, a loyal secretary to a chaebol family. When he dies after being framed for embezzlement by the very family that he had faithfully served, he is reborn as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon, and he plots to take over the company in order to exact revenge.

Spoilers

Previously on “Reborn Rich,” Jin Do Joon was devastated after losing his mother from his original life for the second time. The shocking knowledge that Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min)’s greed and corruption led to her death made him more determined than ever to take his revenge.

Pulling the strings from behind the veil of his investment company Miracle, Jin Do Joon threw his support behind his uncle Choi Chang Je (Kim Do Hyun) and helped him successfully run for mayor. With the mayor of Seoul now in his corner, Jin Do Joon managed to beat out Soonyang Group and win the highly-coveted rights to oversee the development of the Sangam neighborhood. The episode ended on a major cliffhanger, with Jin Do Joon boldly revealing to his grandfather that he was Miracle’s majority shareholder.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the battle between Miracle and Soonyang grows fiercer than ever. However, while Jin Yang Chul and Jin Sung Joon (Kim Nam Hee) seem to be happily celebrating a welcome new development, the atmosphere at Miracle is visibly darker. Jin Do Joon looks worried as he pores over a map, and the matching expressions on Oh Se Hyun (Park Hyuk Kwon) and Rachel (Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany)’s faces suggest that not everything is going according to plan.

The contrasting vibes on the two sides of the battle raise the question of what kind of attack Jin Yang Chul has made—and what strategy Jin Do Joon will come up with in the face of the ensuing crisis.

Song-Joong-Ki-Park-Kyuk-Kwon-1536x1024.j

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Min-1536x1024.jpg

Kim-Nam-Hee-1536x1024.jpg

Park-Hyuk-Kwon-1536x1024.jpg

Tiffany-1536x1024.jpg

The producers of “Reborn Rich” teased, “In Episode 7, Jin Yang Chul will set out to play a revenge match with his eldest grandson Jin Sung Joon by his side. The new side of the ‘Soonyang Republic’ that surfaces during this process will make Jin Do Joon feel a sense of crisis.”

“Please keep an eye on what kind of method—and whose help—Jin Do Joon uses to fight his way through this adversity.”

The next episode of “Reborn Rich” will air on December 3 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Song Joong Ki And Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany Face An Unexpected Crisis In “Reborn Rich” | Soompi

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” continues to gain steam!

Despite taking the night off on December 2, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki returned stronger than ever on December 3. According to Nielsen Korea, “Reborn Rich” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its latest episode, which earned a nationwide average of 16.1 percent—maintaining its perfect streak of increasing its viewership with each new episode.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022

Just halfway into its run, JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” has already become the most-watched miniseries of the year!

On December 4, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the eighth episode of “Reborn Rich” scored an average nationwide rating of 19.449 percent, marking an impressive 3.3 percent jump from the night before.

Not only has “Reborn Rich” set a new personal ratings record, but it has now also overtaken ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” to become the most-watched miniseries of 2022. Before last night’s episode of “Reborn Rich,” the previous record for the highest ratings achieved by a miniseries this year was the 17.534 percent rating achieved by the finale of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” back in August.

Ever since its premiere last month, “Reborn Rich” has maintained a perfect streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise with each new episode. With eight more episodes still left to go, it remains to be seen just how much higher “Reborn Rich” will climb before the end of its run.

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022 | Soompi

***  Reborn Rich” & SJK have once again dominated the latest rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors! For the second consecutive week, the drama took No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon. 

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of November are as follows:

1. JTBC “Reborn Rich”
  2. tvN “The Queen’s Umbrella”
  3. tvN “Behind Every Star”
  4. SBS “The First Responders”
  5. tvN “Alchemy of Souls Part 2”
  6. SBS “Cheer Up”
  7. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings”
  8. ENA “Summer Strike”
  9. KBS2 “Vengeance of the Bride”
  10. KBS2 “Curtain Call”

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpg

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Reborn Rich”)
  2. Kim Hye Soo (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  4. Lee Sung Min (“Reborn Rich”)
  5. Oh Ye Ju (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  6. Moon Sang Min (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  7. Kim Hae Sook (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  8. Kim Jae Bum (“The Queen’s Umbrella”)
  9. Shin Hyun Been (“Reborn Rich”)
  10. Kim Nam Hee (“Reborn Rich”)
  11. Kim Rae Won (“The First Responders”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit ; soompi news

On 12/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale

JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” continues to gain steam!

Despite taking the night off on December 2, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki returned stronger than ever on December 3. According to Nielsen Korea, “Reborn Rich” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its latest episode, which earned a nationwide average of 16.1 percent—maintaining its perfect streak of increasing its viewership with each new episode.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High As “The Queen’s Umbrella” Gears Up For Finale | Soompi

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. "Reborn Rich" continued to break its own ratings. This is an increase from 14.88% (Ep.6) recorded in the previous episode and is the drama's highest rating.   :Megalol:

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 28-Dec. 4, 2022

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-28-dec-4-2022/

Friday, December 2      
Reborn Rich JTBC
The First Responders 6 SBS 9.4%

Saturday, December 3      
Reborn Rich 7 JTBC 16.1%
Three Brave Siblings 21 KBS 16.7%
The First Responders 7 SBS 8.4%
Under the Queen’s Umbrella 15 tvN 13.4%

Sunday, December 4      
Reborn Rich 8 JTBC 19.4%
Three Brave Siblings 22 KBS 18.8%
Under the Queen’s Umbrella 16 tvN 16.9%

*** Viewers expressed their negative thoughts regarding the love line between Song Joong Ki and Shin Hyun Bin in 'Reborn Rich'. I agree with them, too. The love line itself is not convincing, it's totally unnecessary.  I can say they have no chemistry, i really see no spark with them or is it just me?  I don't even understand how they fell in love. Even there's no romance the story will proceed the same.  :getmygrooveon:

On 12/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022

Just halfway into its run, JTBC’s “Reborn Rich” has already become the most-watched miniseries of the year!

On December 4, the hit fantasy revenge drama starring Song Joong Ki achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the eighth episode of “Reborn Rich” scored an average nationwide rating of 19.449 percent, marking an impressive 3.3 percent jump from the night before.

Not only has “Reborn Rich” set a new personal ratings record, but it has now also overtaken ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” to become the most-watched miniseries of 2022. Before last night’s episode of “Reborn Rich,” the previous record for the highest ratings achieved by a miniseries this year was the 17.534 percent rating achieved by the finale of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” back in August.

Ever since its premiere last month, “Reborn Rich” has maintained a perfect streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise with each new episode. With eight more episodes still left to go, it remains to be seen just how much higher “Reborn Rich” will climb before the end of its run.

“Reborn Rich” Overtakes “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” To Become Most-Watched Miniseries Of 2022 | Soompi

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. It's reaching almost 20%. 'Reborn Rich' nearly tripled their viewership rating since their first broadcast. The drama has been receiving a lot of love from viewers. It deserves it.  :blush:

• Like 1