Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Couldn't sleep last night so got out a good book and because I like a good movie to go along as background noise, turned on Netflix and my ???? viewing of Vincenzo. Hard to read when I just want to look at him, especially the fight scenes.

PLEASE give us a Part Two with all the original characters!

The very first one hit me like a hammer between the eyes. Would love a poster of this. In fact would love a poster of all of them.

Typed a message yesterday and evidently forgot to send it, about the food commercials. All the food looked good, as it did in the series. I wanted to take a bite of everything.

These actors are so polite and good to each other. Watching Space Sweepers... again. Tried watching it dubbed in English but it didn't have the rich voices of the Korean actors, especially the tones and inflection of Song Joong Ki. Started it from the top with the Korean language.

10 hours ago, shadowhawk said:

These actors are so polite and good to each other. Watching Space Sweepers... again. Tried watching it dubbed in English but it didn't have the rich voices of the Korean actors, especially the tones and inflection of Song Joong Ki. Started it from the top with the Korean language.

Agree with you here, I love Song Joong Ki's voice so would love to listen to his voice more than the dubbed voice :)

SJK is such a supportive sunbaenim, he really adores JYB :D

Does anyone know how long SJK will need to stay in self-quarantine? He hasn't finished filming Botoga and we are still patiently waiting for news from his new drama. Miss him already!

• Love 1

Didn't realize he was in self quarantine. I follow Ssteph for my information on him and being in America there is not a lot of coverage on Asian actors unless there is a scandal. With his talent and the popularity of Vincenzo and Space Sweepers on Netflix, I would expect that to change rapidly for him. He is elegance persnified and whether it is clothing or food or accessories, no advertiser could go wrong with him.

2 hours ago, ssteph said:

Hello @EInfinity :)  I don't know how long...

Hi, I hope not too long so we can see SJK at the filming site again. Botoga takes more than 2 years for filming already, it'd better be good, can't wait to see it :D

Thank you for all the updates!!!

@shadowhawk Some Asian Song Joong Ki facebook fanpage update SJK's information daily so I normally follow them, you can check them out. 

I am new to this thread but have been a fan of SJK since Sung Kyung Kwan scandal, he was such a cutie there.

I personally think his best look was during DOTS days, he became much more manly after Military services and was not too skinny then. Vincenzo look is awesome, too but he lost quite a bit of weight since the 2019 incident (can't imagine how hard it was for him :( ). Hope SJK eats well and gain more weight during the self-quarantine time :)

I am currently rewatching Vincenzo, as much as I adore HCY and Vincenzo together (JYB is such a lovely and down-to-earth girl), I do not want to ship the actor and actress, especially after how SJK's previous relationship ended. SJK called Vincenzo project a healing point for him (took him nearly 2 years) so I hope he goes back to his happy out-going self and films more successful projects. 

(Sorry for the long rant, I am sadden by some comments after SJK sent JYB a coffee truck yesterday, it was such a sweet and caring gesture of him but some people took that chance to criticize him. They can't move on, keep dwelling on his past and made comments like they knew the whole story)

• Like 2

I don't do Twitter and Instagram so had no idea but am so happy to hear his test was negative. This Mastercard advertisement was a pleasure to watch as are all his efforts. He is such a beautiful/handsome man and his smile seems to reflect in his eyes. Makes my day to watch him doing anything at all. I don't understand the Korean language, but I have not yet tired of watching Vincenzo and listening to him speak. Most all my viewing for the past few years have been of Asian fare as the American films and TV are mediocre and the acting is subpar to what I found in Asian offerings, especially Korean and Japanese. I am so delighted to have found Vincenzo and the range of emotions Song Joong Ki can display with his eyes and a smile or a frown. And I still think Vincenzo would be a terrific discussion for an Ethics class.

Thanks @ssteph for the new video of SJK. I love all the contents that History D&C is making. Gotta love our Joong Ki's voice there, so manly and soothing. I am impressed by how humble and hard-working our SJK has always been, ever since he was a rookie actor until now. He truly deserves all the recognition he is getting so I am thankful that he is not giving himself so much pressure anymore. Way to go SJK <3

16 hours ago, shadowhawk said:

I am so delighted to have found Vincenzo and the range of emotions Song Joong Ki can display with his eyes and a smile or a frown. And I still think Vincenzo would be a terrific discussion for an Ethics class.

Totally agree with you here, Vincenzo teaches us a lot of life lessons, many meaningful lines there especially from our beloved consigliere :)

He seemed to give so much of himself to this interview. I've never heard of another actor who has admitted the hesitations and insecurities involved with starting out in the business. I had to watch it more than once because, as usual, whenever he speaks, I become lost in the tones and melody of his voice. While reading some of the comments following the interview, it appears others are like myself and appreciate that voice as well. The only other actor who has ever had such an effect with just speaking that I can recall is the late Elvis Presley. His voice had the same soothing quality. OK, so that was in the very long ago past, but Joongki has a voice that is out of this world. His honesty in admitting how it affects him to hear the "okay" from coworkers, or just the minute nod of the head from the camera people is an indication of how he respects their contributions to his own work and success. I have such great admiration for this man.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, shadowhawk said:

He seemed to give so much of himself to this interview. I've never heard of another actor who has admitted the hesitations and insecurities involved with starting out in the business. I had to watch it more than once because, as usual, whenever he speaks, I become lost in the tones and melody of his voice. While reading some of the comments following the interview, it appears others are like myself and appreciate that voice as well. The only other actor who has ever had such an effect with just speaking that I can recall is the late Elvis Presley. His voice had the same soothing quality. OK, so that was in the very long ago past, but Joongki has a voice that is out of this world. His honesty in admitting how it affects him to hear the "okay" from coworkers, or just the minute nod of the head from the camera people is an indication of how he respects their contributions to his own work and success. I have such great admiration for this man.

Agree with you that Joong Ki is such a honest, sincere and humble guy. In all the interviews I have watched or read, or even when he went on stage to receive prestigious awards, whenever he is praised for the success of the drama/movie, he always says he is still lacking and the credit goes to other main actor/actress, the Director and the whole filming crew. Totally admire him for that <3

I was re-watching the interview yesterday and came across this video, which SJK would you choose? :D

I think I'm still most in love with the handsome, smart and mischievous Caption Yoo :)

• Love 1

Although I am hooked on Vincenzo, it felt traitorous to choose just one Song Joong Ki character. They all have his eyes, smile and voice. I listened to the interview with the candles and as usual, it melted my heart with his apparant sincerity and emotions, and the genuine accolades he gives those who share his work experience, actors, writers and technicians alike. I believe I could listen to him talk and watch his facial expressions all day even if I didn't subtitles. He is extraordinary.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Song Joong-ki brought me to Lord Saya and I have no plans of returning to my old bubble. Since taste is subjective, I believe this is his best performance for drama (as Eunseom and Saya in #ArthdalChronicles) 

It sealed the deal for me to become his fangirl (for life ) Take note that I watched Space Sweepers first then onwards to Vincenzo which was also the first drama of his that I watched and when it's not airing I decided to watch other projects he had done in the past (Arthdal Chronicles, Descendants of the Sun and Innocent Man) 

What I like about his transformation as Lord Saya (and for his other characters), the way he acts was so distinct and he's so versatile that you can easily disassociate it from the cute and manly Joong-ki

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, ssteph said:

@kiaoticsaya I am familiar with your name :) So excited to know your Pilgyeonggwan project. Is it an archive for all about Arthdal Chronicles?

Yes. Like the actual Pilgyeonggwan Library in the show, It's an information storage room for all things Arthdal Chronicles. 

However, these are like e-book styled format - or in pdf form and like the style of libraries, the method would be fans will fill up a request form to what kind of e-book compilation would they want to be sent.

Ever since I made the Arthdal Chronicles Entrance Exam, I started to think of a solution to make the fans love even more the show and make it handy to store the mind boggling infos. This can be also convenient to new fans who are watching the show. 

The name is also pun-intended bc Saya has read all the books numerous times there. It's a fitting tribute to the all-knowing fave fictional character of mine. Hahaha. 

• Love 2