Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello. I want you to know these things.

I saw many false rumors about song joong ki on english youtube. 

1. He married her to use her? 

When he announced his marraige, most koreans thought he gave up many things. As he married her, he lost his popularity and good oppotunities. 

2. He is gay? 

There are people who manipulated false rumors to blame him. I got to know someone commented 'the cause of the divorce was that he is gay.' That's totally false. I saw many korean reportes' youtubes. There isn't the gay rumor. 

'When his family, company opposed desperately his marrige, he said  song hye kyo was the ideal woman of his whole life. He insisted to marry her. He loved her so much.' I saw this on real reporter's youtube. Do you think this what a gay can say? 

3. He cheated? 

There are fake news and youtubes about him. He cheated with who? Shk's best friend? Her stylist? Actresses? 

They are all lies. Koreans don't know those rumors. There is no korean article about his cheating.

4. News and youtubes titled ' his brother said'?

Those are all false. His family keep quiet in korea. 

He is good person. Koreans understand his dicision. 

And there will be arthdal chronicles  season 2. The filming will start in may, 2020 After his new movie 'bogota' filming. I saw it in korean fan community. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

• Guest changed the title to ☆ Song Joong Ki ☆ 송중기 - Upcoming Movie: The Victory
  • 3 weeks later...

Song Joong Ki To Part Ways With Blossom Entertainment After 7 Years

Dec 17, 2019
by S. Cho

Song Joong Ki will be leaving Blossom Entertainment later this year.

On December 17, a Blossom Entertainment representative shared, “Song Joong Ki’s contract expires at the end of December. There are no plans to renew [the contract].” Song Joong Ki has been with Blossom Entertainment since February of 2013.

With news of his upcoming contract expiration, agency KakaoM was reported to have recruited the actor. However, an agency representative responded, “We have not tried to recruit [Song Joong Ki]. These claims are groundless.”

Credit: Soompi

• Like 1

Actor Song Joong-ki to end contract with Blossom Entertainment after 7 years

20191217145615677388.jpg

SEOUL -- Actor Song Joong-ki will not renew his seven-year contract with Blossom Entertainment. The agency did not say whether Song, 33, will move into another agency.

Blossom Entertainment told reporters on Tuesday that Song has decided not to renew his contract when it expires at the end of this month. 

Song made his debut in 2008 film "A Frozen Flower" and became one of South Korea's most popular actors when he played the main role in a hit TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" in 2016. The actor and actress Song Hye-kyo, 37, got married in October 2017 in a huge wedding event, but their marital life came to an unexpected end in June this year.

After his divorce, Song Joong-ki returned to the black screen with part three episodes of "Arthdal Chronicles", a hit fantasy drama series, created by tvN, a South Korean cable TV broadcaster, and distributed by Netflix, the world's largest over the top video-on-demand service operator, in August this year.

http://m.ajudaily.com/view/20191217145346465

• Like 2

Good decision SJK. I hardly seen any activities of his company to represent him wholeheartedly from the start of this year.So, they had differences, part away is the best option. 

No matter what other people do or spread to harm his reputation, He will overcome everything. Good times awaiting for him. Fighting Dear!               

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1374992wpp/song-joong-ki-signs-with-new-agency-after-leaving-blossom-entertainment

Song Joong Ki Signs With New Agency After Leaving Blossom Entertainment

Song Joong Ki Signs With New Agency After Leaving Blossom Entertainment

Jan 3, 2020
by L. Kim

Song Joong Ki has signed on with History D&C!

Just last month, the actor left Blossom Entertainment after seven years.

On January 3, his new agency released the following statement:

Hello, this is History D&C.

We have signed a management contract with actor Song Joong Ki, and this has signaled a new beginning.

History D&C is an entertainment company founded by Hwang Ki Yong, who led the iHQ Drama Department, based on his trust with Song Joong Ki that has been established through “The Innocent Man,” “Tree with Deep Roots,” and “Will it Snow for Christmas?.”

We will do our best to make sure Song Joong Ki and History D&C create positive synergy for each other and grow together.

In 2020, Song Joong Ki will continue to be active through the nation’s first space sci-fi blockbuster film “Lightning Ship” as well as “Bogotá,” which tells the story of Colombian immigrants in the 1990s.

Edited by Sadia Sufian
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, Joan Musni said:

I used to like and love him but when he dirtily orchestrated the divorce and mocked SHK, Blossom Entertainment and his young brother PBG he wasn't the NICE GUY anymore.  He didn't even have the guts of a man to stand up for his brother which had been sauteed by media but never did he hear some bad comments from PBG to him and never the media found out anything about SHK and PBG until now. Even SHK stayed put. The reason he had the nerves to do that bc  he would be leaving his previous agency. He should never promised SHK that vow he said since he was not a man enough to stand up for his woman and his brother. I AM SORRY FOR SAYING THIS!  PEACE!!!

I bet you are really need a notice so that you talk this mater on his forum. i dont care you want to love him anymore or not its your business. but one thing for sure, it's a Song Joong Ki forum so please dont make a bad comment in here.  I will not debate what you think about the divorce. everyone has their own opinions so please respect it. and if you don't like him anymore, I hope this is your last comment on this forum. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 23. 2:44 AM

Blockbuster movie "Victory" signs investment contract with huge Hong Kong corporation

FA8BC671-4183-4B42-A56C-31A33027D497.jpg

On April 23, Merry Christmas - the main investor and distributor of the movie "Victory" - announced that they had signed an investment contract for "Victory" with the subsidiary World Universal Culture Limited under Honghwan Group - the corporation based in Hong Kong.

Victory - the movie in post-production and scheduled to hit theaters this summer - is Korea's first work in the SF (science fiction) genre set in the universe, and is the reunion between director Jo Sung Hee of the films "A Werewolf Boy", "Phantom Detective" with actor Song Joong Ki. In addition to Song Joong Ki, the main cast of the film also includes Kim Tae Ri, Jin Seon Kyu and Yoo Hae Jin.

Since it was a real estate investment company founded in early 1990, Honghwan Group (Hong Kong) has gradually expanded its business into diversified fields like financial guarantee services, entertainment, education, medical and health care services, tourism, and even catering business. Besides, they are investing in the redevelopment project of the Dongguryong Peninsula scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2020. Subsidiary World Universal Culture Limited is responsible for investment in movie production-distribution services and the management of domestic artists as well as the music business in the Hongkong market.

Through an interview, director Wu Huimei of World Universal Culture Limited said, "We find that 'Victory' has a remarkably interesting story. Although set in the Universe, this movie is different from the earlier SF blockbusters of the same theme as it creates the story between the Universe and the Earth. In addition, 'Victory' is not only molded by Jo Sung Hee - one of the most noteworthy directors - but it also has the best cast, from world stars Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, to Jin Seon Kyu - who has been recognized for his acting skills through the Best Supporting Actor award last year, and also actor Yoo Hae Jin, whose talent no one can deny." He added, "Through the IP extension, I am confident that the project 'Victory' will be able to resonate and meet the audience in more diverse ways besides cinema, such as TV series, games, cartoons, etc."

CEO Yoo Jung Hoon of Merry Christmas expressed his thoughts on this investment contract, "We are pleased that this investment cooperation has shown a high possibility of success in the global market of 'Victory'. In addition, this also has a great meaning as it contributed in the joined the vision of creating a super IP that is expanded with a variety of content such as webtoon, drama, game, etc., starting with the movie 'Victory'."

The filming of "Victory" has started since November 2019 and is currently on the final stage. The movie is set to be premiered this summer.

Reporter Park Jung Sun /park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• 2 weeks later...

OSEN | 2020. 05. 06.

Song Joong Ki savagely shoots gun in trailer for galaxy-themed drama "Victory"

5E19D53F-6701-4D62-B08F-4128A07EC82A.jpg

"Victory" is arousing high expectations since it is the first science fiction movie directed by Jo Sung Hee and features the capable cast with different charms including Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Seon Kyu, and Yoo Hae Jin. On May 6, the production crew released a launching trailer video of "Victory" after a long wait of viewers.

"Victory" (Director: Jo Sung Hee, Production unit: Bidangil Pictures, Distribution unit: MerryChristmas) revolves around the story of crew members on a space sweeper named Victory in the year 2092. The ship was involved in a dangerous transaction after discovering a humanoid robot named dorothy, which is known as a weapon of mass destruction.

The trailer opens with the appearance of a satellite orbit which is a new home of mankind wandering on the Earth and the large universe. Contributing to featuring Korean characters in a universe film genre thought to be Hollywood's exclusive property, "Victory" gives viewers a ticket to a new world created by a combination of imagination and Korea's technical skills.

In 2092, the universe is filled with dangerous garbage such as drifting spacecraft, abandoned satellites. Victory spacecraft grabbed this chance to make money by searching for trash. The Victory spacecraft travels through space competing with other cleaning spacecraft. The ability to easily misdirect other spacecraft, fighting speed and actions have been conveyed to viewers through the transformation of the spacecraft crew. Song Joong Ki, who returns to the screen after 3 years with his role as pilot Tae Ho, is expected to display a different aura, unlike his inherently gentle smile. In addition, the actor has also raised curiosity through the look of him driving Victory while only wearing holed socks without shoes.

Actress Kim Tae Ri - who has played various roles in different eras from the movie "The Handmaiden", "1987", "Little Forest" to the drama "Mr. Sunshine" - took the role of young captain Jang Sun Jang in "Victory" ship. She is expected to once again show her acting transformation through a majestic image with short hair, sunglasses, and aiming the target with a laser gun.

Through movies such as "The Outlaws", "Extreme Job", "Svaha: The Sixth Finger", Jin Seon Kyu has gained much love from the audience thanks to the completely opposing images in a short period of time, from a menacing evildoer to the one with a great sense of humor full of humanity. In "Victory", he will play the role of technician Tiger Park. This role can be considered as a complete "transformation" of Jin Seon Kyu when he will own an "aggressive" look with reggae hair and tattoos on the whole body.

Actor Yoo Hae Jin plays robot Eop Dong Yi - a "trash expert" who plays an important role in the Victory ship because the most important thing of a top trash-hunting ship is the skill to quickly catch the trash. Besides Eop Dong Yi's whistling voice, the image of him separating the universe, swimming freely, and swinging the hook was completed by Yoo Hae Jin in collaboration with other actors using motion capture technology which is used for the first time in Korean cinema.

Unlike Hollywood superheroes who save mankind from super-villains, the audience is pouring the expectation on which combination Korean space cleaners will use to win and conquer the universe.

The "Victory" universe - a movie belonging to fiction genre, is directed by Jo Sung Hee - who showed new worlds created with his own imagination through movies like "A Werewolf Boy" and "Phantom Detective". Besides, through the beautiful images of space, with the new harmony of the capable cast such as Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Seon Kyu, Yoo Hae Jin in a lively universe that has never been seen anywhere else, "Victory" made the audience expect a novel and exciting movie. The film is currently in post-production with the aim of premiering this summer.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra / purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = Preview of movie

———

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398686wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-kim-tae-ri-and-more-are-intrepid-space-adventurers-in-jaw-dropping-trailer-for-sci-fi-blockbuster-space-sweepers

Watch: Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, And More Are Intrepid Space Adventurers In Jaw-Dropping Trailer For Sci-Fi Blockbuster “Space Sweepers”FILM

May 6, 2020
by J. K

An exciting first look has been shared at the upcoming film “Space Sweepers”!

The much-anticipated movie has been described as Korea’s first sci-fi blockbuster set in space, with a story and graphics of a scale never seen before in the country’s cinematic history. Its star-studded cast includes Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Seon Kyu, Yoo Hae Jin, and more, and the film is helmed by “A Werewolf Boy” director Jo Sung Hee.

“Space Sweepers” is set in the year 2092 and follows the crew of a space junk collector ship called The Victory. When they discover a humanoid robot named Dorothy that’s known to be a weapon of mass destruction, they get involved in a risky business deal.

In the year 2092, space is full of dangerous floating garbage like discarded satellites and deserted spaceships. The crew of The Victory travels through space looking for garbage they can make money off, while also competing with junk collector ships from other countries and using the speediness of their craft to defeat their rivals.

Song Joong Ki is making his return to the big screen after three years away as he takes the role of pilot Tae Ho. The pilot has a cool air about him and a confident smile, while he’s also so poor that he pilots the ship wearing just socks with holes in them instead of shoes.

Kim Tae Ri has taken the role of The Victory’s young captain Jang Sun Jang, who sports slicked-back hair and sunglasses and looks intimidating with her laser gun.

Jin Seon Kyu plays engineer Tiger Park, taking on a transformation into an unconventional character who’s covered in tattoos and uses his strength to push the ship’s engine core lever.

In addition, a key factor in the The Victory’s success at being the first to harpoon the junk they discover is their speedy harpooning robot who glides through space with a sound like a whistle. Yoo Hae Jin plays the robot, in the first time that a Korean film has used motion capture to have an actor perform with their co-stars.

Check out the thrilling trailer below!

“Space Sweepers” is currently in post-production and is planned for a summer 2020 premiere.

Source (1)

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I've been wanting to post in here for a while but held myself back. It really hurts to see people post such awful things about a person that I admire and love so much. He really suffered a lot this past year and it breaks my heart to know that he had gone and probably is still going through such times. He is such a strong person and he has some of the best people (family, friends, fans, etc.) looking out for him. I really hope he is in a happier place now. I am so proud of him and I really want to thank all those who stood by him. He is truly a gem! Fighting!!!

• Love 2

https://zapzee.net/2020/05/19/song-joong-ki-jin-sun-kyu-and-kim-hye-joon-to-star-together-in-new-movie/

Song Joong Ki, Jin Sun Kyu and Kim Hye Joon to Star Together in New Movie

By krishkim 

07D4D495-9E54-4344-99A8-BD1D15A154DC.jpg
Credit: Star News

Song Joong Ki, Jin Sun Kyu, and Kim Hye Joon will work together in the new movie The Season of You and Me (literal translation).

According to a source, actors Song Joong Ki, Jin Sun Kyu, and Kim Hye Joon will appear in the new movie The Season of You and Me, as the late Yoo Jae Ha, the late Kim Hyun Sik and the first love of Yoo Jae Ha, respectively.

The Season of You and Me is a film about the story of singers Yoo Hae Ha and Kim Hyun Sik, who are still loved by countless people. Miss & Mrs. Cops’s director Jung Da Won will direct the film, and Bidangil Pictures will produce.

Following Space Sweepers, Song Joong Ki will once again join hands with Jin Sun Kyu and Bidangil Pictures.

The Season of You and Me has started its pre-production with a goal to start the official filming in August. However, the official filming schedule will soon be finalized depending on upcoming plans of film Bogotá, in which Song Joong Ki is starring in, suspended its filming due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And because the movie has to include the backdrop of late fall, filming will begin in the second half of the year at the latest.

Source (1)

• Like 2

https://zapzee.net/2020/05/23/pick-will-the-summer-theater-be-revived-upcoming-films-that-will-compete-for-box-office/

[PICK] Will the Summer Theater Be Revived? Upcoming Films that Will Compete for Box Office

By krishkim | Edited by Hong Hyun Jung | Translated by Kim Hoyeun

74AF7D1B-D84E-4291-9134-8D2C72344602.jpg

The film industry has fallen into a swamp of stagnation as it was hit directly by the COVID-19 pandemic. As theaters became empty, Time to Hunt chose Netflix, whereas intruder, and Innocent (literal translation) had to postpone the release date twice. Fortunately, though cautious, news about new films being released this summer is brightening up the industry. Whether the theater will be able to regain its old vitality again even when the situation dials down remains a question, but I hope that these four films below will signal a revival.

#ALIVE  Differentiated K-Zombie with a Fresh Settings?

The movie, which confirmed its release in late June, depicts a story of people stranded alone in an apartment as data, Wi-Fi, text messages, and phones all cut off amid people with unknown symptoms start to attack.

Based on the original scenario (#ALONE) of Matt Naylor, the writer and director of the TV documentary series Small Business Revolution: Main Street, Cho Il Hyung, a former director of the American Film Institute, directed the film. Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye will star in the movie as Jun Woo and Yoo Bin, who are isolated from the world and are living an apratment where unidentified beings are running wild, creating tension.

Peninsular  Can it Recreate the Success of ‘Train to Busan’? PicCredit: NEW

Spoiler

15155C1E-6912-47A6-81EA-90BADB6CBC1A.jpg

Peninsular, which first announced its release in February, tells the story that takes place four years after Train to Busan. Director Yeon Sang Ho once again directed the film, and actors Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Kwan Hae Hyo, Kim Min Jae, and Koo Kyo Hwan will appear as the main characters of the new story.

If Train to Busan provided dizzying tension with a survival struggle that takes place in a confined space of a moving train, Peninsular will show a larger scale and more speedier actions on the stage of the devastated vast city.

In the first trailer, the images of devastated peninsular such as hundreds of zombies entangled in closed subway stations, stranded harbors where only giant ships are left, a bleak street where only rusty cars remains were shown, raising expectations for the film.

Peninsular depicts the story of Jung Seok (Kang Dong Won), who returned to the peninsular after four years, meeting a group of survivors who have become wild dogs with Min Jung (Lee Jung Hyun) and fighting desperately against zombies who became more sensitive to sound and light, and barbaric groups who lost their humanity for survival.

Hero (literal translation) – Will the Film Be as Touching as the Musical? PicCredit: CJ Entertainment 

Spoiler

8F7904C9-CDDF-4503-8140-3A6A8753558E.jpg

New film Hero, directed by Yoon Jae Kyun, best known for Haeundae and Ode to My Father, unveiled its released date on March 24, the 110th anniversary of An Jung Geun’s death.

Based on the musical of the same name, Hero depicts the last year of An Jung Geun, who was sentenced to death in a Japanese court after shooting Ito Hirobumi in Harbin in October 1909, from the moment he was preparing for the uprising to the moment he died. The fact that this is the first Korean musical film is catching the eye.

Jung Sung Hwa, the original cast of the musical, will also play the role of An Jung Geun in the film and showcase a determined yet honorable performance. Kim Go Eun, Na Moon Hee, Cho Jae Yoon, Bae Jung Nam, Lee Hyun Woo and Park Jin Woo joined hands to tell a heartbreaking story.

Space Sweepers  Is Space Opera Possible in Korea? PicCredit: Merry Christmas 

D345AB78-C0F2-4244-A7DC-1929751D1AFD.jpg
Like Hero, Space Sweepers, in which director Cho Sung Hee and Song Joong Ki have met once again after A Werewolf Boy, challenges a genre not often used in the Korean movie industry: the SF genre. Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Sun Kyu, and Yoo Hae Jin participated in the film headed to space in 2092.

Set in 2092, Space Sweepers follows the crew of a space junk collector ship called The Victory, who competes with junk collectors from other countries in search of garbage that they can make money off. When they discover a humanoid robot named Dorothy that’s known to be a weapon of mass destruction, they dive into a risky business deal.

Besides such fresh material, Space Sweepers will also shock everyone with the unique transformation of the actors. Song Joong Ki, who is returning to the big screen after three years, will lead the story as a pilot, while Kim Tae Ri (captain) and Jin Sun Kyu (engineer) will each catch the eye with their imposing looks and striking visuals. Yoo Hae Jin, on the other hand, plays the role of a robot, becoming the first Korean actor to act with motion capture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/05/song-joong-ki-to-drop-out-of-new-film-the-season-of-you-and-me-will-reschedule-his-entire-plans/

Song Joong Ki to Drop Out of New Film ‘The Season of You and Me’ + Will Reschedule His Entire Plans

by krishkim 

Actor Song Joong Ki will drop out of the movie The Season of You and Me (literal translation).

According to a source, Song Joong Ki recently expressed his intention to drop out of the film. The Season of You and Me is a movie about the story of the late Yoo Jae Ha and the late Kim Hyun Sik.

Originally, Song Joong Ki planned to play the role of Yoo Jae Ha in the film, working once again with Bidangil Pictures after Space Sweepers.

However, Song Joong Ki had no choice but to readjustment of the schedule and plans for this year due to COVID-19, eventually deciding to drop out of The Season of You and Me.

Initially, Song Joong Ki planned to film Bogotá from January this year, release Space Sweepers this summer, begin working on The Season of You and Me, and start filming for a drama. However, such plans have all been disrupted by the spread of COVID-19.

Song Joong Ki and Bogotá team returned home from Colombia in March due to the new coronavirus. Since then, Bogotá planned on resuming their schedules once the COVID-19 calmed down in Colombia. But the situation only has gotten worse which forced the production team to delay all schedules to next year.

With this situation, Song Joong Ki agonized over the fact that if he shoots The Seasons of You and Me, the hiatus will be too long for him to meet his fans other than Space Sweepers. Since the filming schedule for Bogotá is yet to be confirmed, he cannot promise other plans.

Due to such concerns. Song Joong Ki reportedly asked for understanding and conveyed his intention of dropping out of the movie.

Currently, Song Joong Ki is in search of a new drama that he can work on the second half of this year. It has been reported that Arthdal Chronicle: Season 2became impossible to produce this year as originally planned.

Source (1)

————————

Netizens are In Awe of Song Joong Ki and His Never-Changing Looks

by krishkim@zapzee.net

Actor Song Joong Ki gave an update after a long time.

Song Joong Ki boasted an upgraded looks and unrivaled charms in a pictorial teaser video released by his agency History D&C.

In the short video clip, Song Joong Ki catches the eye with his unchanging appearance. The return of his popular, short style haircut that perfectly fits the stylish white suit made their way to headlines as people awaited his return.

Even in the 10-second footage, Song Joong Ki manages to show his chic eyes and relaxed movements that captivate the public eyes. Fans from around the world are just happy to see the recent update since he had been mostly focusing on his works.

Song Joong Ki’s pictorial will be released on the official website of History D&C and SNS on Juen 19. Meanwhile, the actor is getting ready to meet the audience with his upcoming film, Space Sweepers.

Source (1)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/22/k-stars-best-character-how-song-joong-ki-realized-the-basics-of-acting-through-a-werewolf-boy/
[K-Star’s Best Character] How Song Joong Ki Realized the Basics of Acting Through ‘A Werewolf Boy’

by krishkim
Edited by Hwang Hong Sun | Translated by Kim Hoyeun

DFDCBF7D-DA4F-424D-8C3D-8B3614FB3CE8.jpg
Credit: CJ Entertainment

Song Joong Ki was a short track speed skater who was good enough to compete in the national sports event during his school days. However, he had to quit after suffering an injury. After he got into college, he started working in the broadcasting club and prepared for the PD and announcer exam, but gave up when he realized that it wasn’t the path for him and joined an acting academy.

In 2008, Song Joong Ki made his debut by playing the role of No Tak, King’s guard, in A Frozen Flower. At first, he played a small role with no lines, but he didn’t spare himself at the filming set. Since then, he has gained many experiences in dramas, including My Precious You (2008), Triple (2009), and Will it Snow for Christmas? (2009), then in 2010, he started to gain popularity by playing the playful role of Goo Yong Ha in Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

His performances in the small screen continued. He made a surprise appearance and played the younger days of King Se Jong in Tree With Deep Roots (2011), and made a hit with The Innocent Man, the first drama he played the leading role. After making back-to-back success, Song Joong Ki turned his eyes to the big screen and met A Werewolf Boy, which taught him a lot about being an actor.

D4B14EA4-26E4-4B86-9A80-8F840DF1E5A0.jpg

A Werewolf Boy takes place when a girl who moves to a quiet village meets a boy whose whole life is covered with secrets. Song Joong Ki played the role of Chul Soo, a werewolf boy who is more like a beast than a person, and put a lot of effort into the character who has to act only with gestures and facial expressions. He picked up on their habits after watching documentaries about animals, and learned mime to make a habit of fully using his body. Song Joong Ki later said that he learned the basics of acting through the movie during the press preview for A Werewolf Boy.

473C66E9-CA93-4BC9-A35B-6122DB898293.jpg

With Song Joong Ki’s passionate performances, A Werewolf Boy became a box office hit after attracting 7 million viewers nationwide, becoming the number one box office hit in the Korean melodrama genre. Unfortunately, Song Joong Ki, who started the “Chul Soo Craze,” joined the military after finishing the work.

After his discharge from the military, Song Joong Ki perfectly led Descendants of the Sun (2016) and became the new Hallyu star, dispelling concerns about his hiatus. This year, he will meet fans with his new film Space Sweepers, directed by Cho Sung Hee, who he has already worked with in A Werewolf Boy.

• Like 1

'Space Sweepers' sets out to become 1st Korean-made space opera film
https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200818007100315

'Space Sweepers' promises to take moviegoers on the ride of a lifetime
https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/08/18/entertainment/movies/Space-Sweepers-scifi-space-blockbuster/20200818185100468.html

‘Space Sweepers’ is not the usual sci-fi hero blockbuster
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200818000689

Song Joong Ki reveals reasons behind joining sci-fi blockbuster "Space Sweepers"
https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.16653530

Song Joong Ki and cast of "Space Sweepers" flaunt impressive visuals in new poster
https://channels.vlive.tv/EBF267/vtoday/1.16652244

"Space Sweepers" director: "Song Joong Ki has fully showcased everything that character Tae Ho has"
https://channels.vlive.tv/EBF267/vtoday/1.16398516

Blockbuster "Space Sweepers" releases still-cuts revealing main characters 
https://channels.vlive.tv/EBF267/vtoday/1.16198672

———

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/08/398_294578.html
Song Joong-ki returns to cinema with 'Space Sweepers' 

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2020-08-18 

558361E0-DCB5-4C26-B3E2-E3689C5B865C.jpg
From left, actor Yoo Hai-jin, Song Joong-ki, Kim Tae-ri and Jin Sun-kyu pose at the press conference for the film "Space Sweepers" in Seoul, Tuesday. / Courtesy of Merry Christmas

"Space Sweepers," featuring a star-studded cast including Song Joong-ki and Kim Tae-ri, is a sci-fi film helmed by Jo Sung-hee, who is widely known for his previous movies "A Werewolf Boy" and "Phantom Detective."

Set in 2092, the film revolves around the crew of The Victory, who have been searching for lucrative space debris. After they spot the humanoid "Dorothy" ― a weapon of mass destruction ― the members make a risky deal.

Song appears as the shuttle's pilot Tae-ho while Kim plays Captain Jang. Actors Jin Sun-kyu and Yoo Hai-jin also star in the film, which is the first Korean sci-fi movie set in space.

The film is Song's first in three years since "The Battleship Island." Discussing his character in "Space Sweepers," Song said during an online press conference Tuesday, "Tae-ho is a desperate penniless man who wears socks with holes. He pursues a life chasing money."

Song said he first heard about the film while working with director Jo on the fantasy romance "A Werewolf Boy" in 2012.

"Jo told me about Space Sweepers when we were filming A Werewolf Boy. It was fascinating to hear that he was preparing a space sci-fi fiction movie that touches on the subject of space debris," he said. 

Jo said he came up with the story 10 years ago when his friend told him about the dangers of space junk. 

"It started with the idea of space travelers collecting space junk that is moving faster than a speeding bullet. I heard about how these fast-moving fragments of space debris are growing and leading to in-space collisions," he said. 

"I realized that this subject has already been dealt with in animations and games, but never in a film. I started writing the script wondering how Koreans, who possess a tenacious mentality, would approach this problem." 

B59C3C77-ECB8-4136-80D1-89EA00C67711.jpg
Song Joong-ki in a scene from the film "Space Sweepers" / Courtesy of Merry Christmas

Meanwhile, actress Kim said she wanted Captain Jang to have certain quirks and flaws to make her character satisfying. 

"Captain Jang is supposed to be a smart pilot who leads The Victory. However, I wanted to portray her as a silly and clumsy character in order to avoid cliches," she said.

According to Kim, all the characters fear Captain Jang, thinking they should not mess with the smart, tough heroine.

Jin has transformed into engineer Tiger Park, who has his hair in dreadlocks and tattoos all over his neck and arms.

"I put a lot of effort into styling and make-up, but the table read was the most memorable thing about this project. There were so many foreign actors and staff that, for a moment, I thought I had been cast in a Hollywood movie," he said. 

Yoo takes on his first "motion capture" role as the robot. "At first, I was supposed to lend my voice to the robot character, but then we thought it would be better if I do the motions as well. It was a new experience for me," he said. 

"Space Sweepers" will hit local theaters on Sept. 23.

————

OSEN | 2020. 08. 18.
Will Song Joong Ki escape scandals involving private life by returning with "Space Sweepers"? 

9CE8D3AB-3DA9-4182-A10B-27B3FD674F1E.jpg

Actor Song Joong Ki will have a silver-screen comeback in September with the new movie "Space Sweepers" - the film marking his return 3 years after "The Battleship Island" (director Ryu Seung Wan, 2017). In the meantime, he received the public interest through wide press coverage of his private life, marriage, divorce, and dating. The public is showing intense attention to whether Song Joong Ki can overcome the buzz to get audience recognition as an actor through this production.

Song Joong Ki appeared in front of fans through the launch press conference of the movie "Space Sweepers" (Distributor: Merry Christmas, Producer: Bidangil Pictures) conducted online on the morning of August 18.

The movie "Space Sweepers", starring Song Joong Ki, tells the story of crew members of the garbage-cleaning spaceship Victory, who engaged in a dangerous transaction after discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction, in the setting of 2092.

Although there are already plenty of Hollywood sci-fi movies about space travel like "Interstellar" (2014), "Gravity" (2013), "The Martian" (2015), "First Man" (2018), "Ad Astra" (2019), this is Korea's first attempt in this genre. Therefore, the audience is curious about how this film will bring into play the prominent color of the land of kimchi. 

In the film, Song Joong Ki plays pilot Tae Ho of Victory spaceship. At the press conference, the actor shared, "When filming for 'A Werewolf Boy' 9 years ago, I heard that director Jo Sung Hee talked about his sci-fi movie. At the time, I only knew that the movie belonged to the sci-fi action genre. I heard that 'Space Sweepers' is the first sci-fi film about space travel to be produced in Korea, so I'm really excited to challenge myself with it. Because this is already my second time working with director Jo Sung Hee, I understand his surreal color and rich ideas. This is why I decided to star in this film."

Song Joong Ki was recognized as an actor capable of attracting moviegoers with the movie "A Werewolf Boy" (2012) by director Jo Sung Hee. After joining the army then getting discharged, the talented actor rose to become a Hallyu star thanks to the drama "Descendants of the Sun". Accordingly, the public is looking forward to seeing whether the second collaboration between director Jo and Song Joong Ki can come to fruition.

It's obvious that Song Joong Ki is one of the most prominent actors in the Korean entertainment industry. However, undeniably, during the past 3 years, the public is more interested in his private life than the works he plays. As an actor noticed by both Korean and foreign public, it can be seen that the level of public attention for Song Joong Ki is not small.

Song Joong Ki is one of the rare actors who possess everything from an outstanding look, stable acting abilities, to an impeccable personality. Continuously maintaining balance and harmony as a famous artist for a long time is not easy, but in the past few years, the public has been more interested in Song Joong Ki's private life than the news of him joining new works, placing him in a stressful situation. Therefore, so as to draw the public attention as an actor, Song Joong Ki is forced to focus on acting above all else.

The rumors surrounding Song Joong Ki over the past period temporarily have yet had a negative impact on him, but in the long run, a successful work will surely be a basic groundwork for the actor's career to revive.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra / purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = Merry Christmas

[INFO] On recent DC inside poll, Song Joong Ki was chosen by netizens as "The Most Reversal Star" (Question: Who do you think becomes shy the most in front of strangers?) with 38% of the votes. His leading keywords are "charming, attractive and pure."

In particular, he is gaining popularity among fans as a strong and charismatic owner of contradictory charms, unlike his handsome appearance in his work. [rough trans] 

2020090880072_0.jpg

source: http://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/09/08/2020090880078.html

• Like 1