Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

I can't read or speak Korean so I enjoy the English translations. So love the tributes to SongJoong Ki. Vincenzo was the best thing I have seen in ages. I have watched it so many times I have lost count just to see the expressions on his face and in his eyes. So hope there is another production, a Part II.

Thank you for directing me to HI_CONTACT. The episode was refreshing and a joy to watch. It was a revelation to discover there are so many around the world who are as obsessed with Vincenzo as I appear to be and who cannot let the series and the character go, and who binge watch it over and over. If I am indoors all day because of rain or something of that nature, I have it on repeat, and it plays twenty four hours a day. I seem to find nuances of the characters in every viewing and found that strange until watching this HI_CONTACT interview and Soong Joon Ki's own explanation about the actors and their characters. They have a chat room in which they discuss, eight months after production is over, the series and the characters and the so many fans who were interacting with the live stream interview were saying it was the best series of their lives and they couldn't let it go. Finding out that Joon Ki personally selected and contacted his best friend to play the part of the young corrupt banker, and their friendship history since meeting in the production of Arthdal was a nice revelation. I had not recognized him. 95% of my viewing is Asian fare, but I have a problem with the names so don't usually remember them. The fans were also begging for a Season Two of Vincenzo. So hope it happens.

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Blob 1

I am a Song Joong Ki fan for 3 years now.

As soon as I saw this forum on popular now I made this account so I can join this community. I am so happy to find you all and this forum to talk about him and support him !!! 

:rickroll:

• Like 2

https://zapzee.net/2021/05/27/pick-the-one-and-only-song-joong-kis-best-tv-series/
[PICK] The One and Only Song Joong Ki’s Best K-Drama

by krishkim | Edited by Jeon Gyeong Ju | Translated by Kim Hoyeun

5D9F5C01-18DA-4AC3-80B1-3FE1D1D5847C.png
Credit: tvN

tvN’s Vincenzo ended on May 2nd by recording its own highest rating of 14.6% (based on Neilsen Korea). The plot of “the Korean adoptee who became the Italian mafia consigliere returning home and punishes evil with evil” is somewhat cheesy. But Song Joong Ki persuaded us with his charisma. The actor’s power that led Vincenzo to success can be spotted in his previous projects.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010)
3D20DBBA-1AD5-4D13-BAD2-58473634C9FF.jpg
Credit: KBS
Despite the small role he played in his 2008 debut film A Frozen Flower, Song Joong Ki left a great imprint on the audience. Then in 2010, he faced the first turning point of his life with the KBS fusion historical series Sungkyunkwan Scandal. As one of the “handsome 4,” Goo Yong Ha was a slick and playful person who lives with the nickname “Yeorim.” But at the same time, he’s a complex figure who cynically assumes a wait-and-see attitude at everything because of his status as a Jungin. Perfectly showing off his beauty and acting skills, he shook off the burden of playing his first lead role. With Yoo Ah In, who played “GeolO” Mun Jae Shin, Song is still maintaining close friendship. Yong Ha and Jae Shin were called the “Geol-Rim” at the time and received as much love as the main couple Yoon Hee and Sun Jun. 

Tree with Deep Roots (2011)

SBS’s Tree with Deep Roots is the work that proved Song Joong Ki’s stardom that started with Sungkyunkwan Scandal wasn’t just a lucky break. Yes, this too was a fusion historical series, but Song played the younger days of Yi Do (now called King Sejong), considered the best monarch in Korean history as well as Joseon Dynasty. More pressure was put on him as Han Suk Kyu, whose name became synonymous with great acting, played the adult days of Yi Do. Nevertheless, Song led the early parts of the series to success, exuding his power as a leading actor. Especially, there are a few scenes that can’t be missed out when talking about Song’s acting skills. The first one is the scene where he screams to his father King Taejong (played by Baek Yoon Sik), “The abdicated king is not the king. I am the king of Joseon!” Another scene named the “Sejong Derby” is where young Yi Do appears in front of adult Yi Do, who was agonizing over his subjects’ opposition to the creating of Hangul and “Hidden Root” plots, to mock and provoke him. It may be a little bit different vibe, but that charisma may have contributed to his passionate performance in Vincenzo.

The Innocent Man (2012)
KBS’s The Innocent Man shone Song’s darkened mood, but because of its unusual title, the project was caught up in various scandals from the getgo. The National Institute of the Korean Language advised KBS to revise the original title because of the misspelling. On top of that, some started to argue that the misspelled word in the title and the main role’s name “Ma Ru” were intentionally chosen to promote a certain fried chicken brand. In any case, apart from the many controversies, the coldness and sorrow of Kang Maru, the “bad man” who uses his enemy’s daughter to avenge his ex-lover who betrayed him, proved Song Joong Ki’s potential in the modern genre following the historical genre. Interestingly, Song’s real-life best friend Lee Kwang Soo appears in the series as Kang Maru’s friend. And yes, Lee perfectly pulled off the role of Park Jae Gil, a somewhat pathetic yet loyal friend, showing off their chemistry in and outside of the set. 

Descendants of the Sun (2016)
Song has mostly starred in the KBS series. And of them all, his biggest hit is Descendants of the Sun, which still remains rather high in the history of the Korean TV rating chart. The series was the start of pre-production in the industry and later wrote a new chapter of the Korean Wave when it was exported to Japan, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Africa, North America, South America, and Europe. Even in North Korea, people watched the show secretly, avoiding strict censorship and crackdowns. And in the center of this craze was Song. He turned into Captain Yoo Si Jin, the leader of the Alpha Team with an altruistic spirit who can boldly go straight forward in love. Along with the sensational popularity and jaw-dropping achievements, the “best” fruit that came out of the series was Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo couple, both on TV and in real life. The two got divorced only a year and 8 months after, shocking the fans, but the romance of Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon that bloomed on a battlefield will be remembered forever in fans’ memories.

Arthdal Chronicles (2019)
tvN’s Arthdal Chronicles made headlines from the planning stage thanks to its enormous budget and luxurious cast lineup. And with the series, Song once again took himself to another level, playing a double role as Eun Seom and Saya who bear the fate of Arthdal. It was a rare fantasy genre in the K-drama scene, and the fact that it reinterpreted the first Korean Kingdom of Gojoseon for the first time ever received generous reviews. However, suspicions of copying popular overseas series such as Game of Thrones and controversies over poor visual effects, makeup, and props have been raised, further strengthening fans’ negative prejudice against Korean fantasy series. In addition, the series was charged with violations of the Labor Standards Act and the Industrial Safety and Health Act, including long-hour filming and staff injuries, by the Seoul Regional Employment and Labor Administration. To make matters worse, the project failed the reach 10% ratings till the end, discoloring the original intent of the show. Despite various issues, production for the second season sailed quite smoothly, but all scheduled was put on hold due to the pandemic.

Editor Jeon Gyeong Ju: A natural-born media geek who is physically Korean and mentally multinational. All dramatic stories are my favorite sweets for life. TVs and streaming platforms are not only the playgrounds but also the weapons.
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 1

New drama news for Song Joong Ki!:).

SongJoongKi reportedly cast as male lead for JTBC web-novel based drama TheYoungestSonOfSunyang. It’s about the main lead returning as the youngest son of a chaebol family who killed him and growing up to take over the entire family. Filming will start in 2nd half of 2021

A family member says I'm giving her a split personality. She is devoted to Jensen Ackles of Supernatural and by insisting she watch Vincenzo she either has to choose between them or admit she has to love them both. I told her she has big heart, accept them both.