[TAIWAN DRAMA 2010] 愛似百匯 Love Buffet

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest chloe_addict

^ I read on Asianfanatics that Aaron said there are X number of episodes left on a certain day and by calculation, it's possibly 13 episodes. That's not too bad, considering this drama is about to get VERY angsty.

I feel like I'm the only one that's been rooting for Da Ye from the beginning XD Maybe I'm just tired of all these Darcy-types that Da Ye was just so refreshing. He's kind, fun and HONEST about his feelings.

Is anyone else celebrating the exit of Patty Hou's character? I'm sooo glad that's over with.

Nope, I was also a Da Ye supporter from the start. He's straight-forward,"what you see is what you get" type.

13 episodes - that's not too bad & not a lot of potential for the drama to become draggy.

Yes, I'm glad Patty is gone! She's seems too old to be involved in the love triangle.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prisonerzero

So even when Xiao Feng agreed to date Da Ye, she really hurt him when she quickly pushed his arm away when she saw Ah Yi walking towards them. If Xiao Feng continues to act this way in their "relationship", then I'd be a Xiao Feng/Ah Yi shipper since they're both indecisive and can hurt each other. But Da Ye has always been faithful & knows what he wants. So if XF doesn't grow up soon, then he deserves better anyways.

I read this post before I had watched the new episode (just finished it) so I was really waiting for it. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Now I've said this before and I still stand by the fact that I really don't care for Calvin's acting, but when I saw Da Ye's facial expression in this, all I wanted to do was hug him and smack Xiao Feng upside the head. That girl needed to shut her mouth after too.

The little kiss scene was cute too.

I'm interested in seeing this conversation between Xiao Feng and Da Ye's mother.

Guest chloe_addict

aw

After reading most of the comments, I hope the drama producer adds a twist to the end. =/ *coughnotfollowingthemangaendingcoughcough* ((:

Heh, but some of us are rooting for Da Ye! I think he had more character development when he started off as a detached yet happy person and now learning to love one girl & commit. Ah Yi is still the moody type.

Guest connie333

For some reason, I feel like I'm going to miss the jealousy Da Ye had for Ah Yi.

I guess I just can't get over the fact that Da Ye is with Xiao Feng...

I was rooting for Da Ye from the start thought!

I just wish that there will be more parts where Ah Yi might influence her feelings a bit more.

Overall, I thought Ep 13 wasn't the greatest episode though. For some reason, I felt as if Da Ye is TOOO outgoing.

Or maybe I am just for a little mystery in people in dramas.

Guest emli118

aw

After reading most of the comments, I hope the drama producer adds a twist to the end. =/ *coughnotfollowingthemangaendingcoughcough* ((:

Ahhh I'm very curious now, what happened to the ending of the manga? I can't wait to watch the next episode lol

I read this post before I had watched the new episode (just finished it) so I was really waiting for it. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Now I've said this before and I still stand by the fact that I really don't care for Calvin's acting, but when I saw Da Ye's facial expression in this, all I wanted to do was hug him and smack Xiao Feng upside the head. That girl needed to shut her mouth after too.

I totally agree with you! Calvin is definitely the weakest actor of the three leads, but he really pulled off some nuanced expressions in episode 10. I hope this continues (:

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Xiao Feng annoyed me in this episode. I don't like how she's treating Da Ye as if she's settling for second best since she can't have Ah Yi.

Da Ye was really sweet to chase after her and kiss her when he saw that she was still sad about Ah Yi.

So if XF doesn't grow up soon, then he deserves better anyways.

You know, I really hated the manga Xiao Feng--she was annoying starting the first volume. But then I thought I could like drama Xiao Feng because she's been through so much. So I think this girl deserves to be a LITTLE greedy don't you think? She's been toyed around for too long---though I found the whole "If I knew it was going to be like this, I would've never agreed to go out with you in the first place" was like SAY WHAT YOU FEMALE DOG?! lol totally uncalled for. And the hand sweep, what the WHAT THE?!

Da Ye is a good man, I'm totally with you on that, but the kiss was too much. It's almost like he's not waiting for her to forget Ah Yi and he wanted to jump on the ball asap. The manga made the kiss so much more meaningful. His words "I've always wanted to steal you" was meaningful since it finally showed that Da Ye can be selfish too. But the drama ruined it---tooooooo rushed.

it's possibly 13 episodes.  That's not too bad, considering this drama is about to get VERY angsty.

I  feel like I'm the only one that's been rooting for Da Ye from the  beginning XD

Is anyone else celebrating the exit of Patty Hou's character? I'm sooo glad that's over with.

I always thought this was a 16 episode drama---unless I confused it with My Princess or Secret Garden....?

I liked Da Ye from the beginning too only because the manga Da Ye was soooo dreamy. But I must admit I was caught in the Aaron/Ah Yi trap, but can you blame a girl? But regardless of which Da Ye is so chill and will always be awesome. Even when he rejected Xiao Feng, he was doing his ultimate best to be a good man to her, even if at the time, he didn't see her as lover potential.

I kind of liked Patty Hou though her enlarged eyes were a bit played out. I couldn't hate her. The whole mumbo jumbo was all Ah Yi's fault. She was just in a need of a friend really. In fact, I liked her character because even though she was the "OTHER" woman, I still felt something for her---sympathy I guess. I could see why Ah Yi always needs to save her.

Now I've  said this before and I still stand by the fact that I really don't care  for Calvin's acting, but when I saw Da Ye's facial expression in this,  all I wanted to do was hug him and smack Xiao Feng upside the head. That  girl needed to shut her mouth after too.

Damn, I must admit, Calvin's facial expression really gets to me. Or maybe its just the situation of it all. I'm not even Xiao Feng's rebound guy and yet my heart TOTALLY died when she swept Da Ye's hand off her shoulder. AND when she said "If I knew it was going to be like this, I would've never agreed to go out with you in the first place." Or when he saw her cry in the street when it was obvious she was thinking about Ah Yi.

It's to the point where I'm sure the remainder of the episodes will be based on one main question---"How long can Da Ye tolerate this crap?" lol

====

As for Ah Yi, sigh, you messed up. The "running" scene was good, since, I found myself subconsciously rooting for him. Kind of sucked that he watched his previously owned Xiao Feng, get in the hands of another owner. For shame....but i felt so bad for him when he told the story at the Christmas party and the face he had when he saw Da Ye's arm around her. It was this painful, constipated look---he looked so hurt.

Like I said above, it really looks like the remainder of the drama is the rifts between Xiao Feng and Da Ye.

And wtf, did you hear what Da Ye said in the preview? --- "Because you didn't tell me right after it happened, it makes me think that kiss meant something to you."

AGHHHHHHHHHH, drawing logical conclusions here... Xiao Feng and Ah Yi kiss!

For some reason, I feel like I'm going to miss the jealousy Da Ye had for Ah Yi.

I guess I just can't get over the fact that Da Ye is with Xiao Feng...

I was rooting for Da Ye from the start thought!

I just wish that there will be more parts where Ah Yi might influence her feelings a bit more.

Overall, I thought Ep 13 wasn't the greatest  episode though. For some reason, I felt as if Da Ye is TOOO outgoing.

Or maybe I am just for a little mystery in people in dramas.

Wait...where did you watch ep 13 at? o.o

ThANKS

Guest prisonerzero

I totally agree with you! Calvin is definitely the weakest actor of the three leads, but he really pulled off some nuanced expressions in episode 10. I hope this continues (:

This may sound mean and even though I really do love Calvin... I mean, he's one of my favourites in Fahrenheit and I love his personality... I've always thought he was the weakest actor in Fahrenheit, period. :|

You know, I really hated the manga Xiao Feng--she was annoying starting the first volume. But then I thought I could like drama Xiao Feng because she's been through so much. So I think this girl deserves to be a LITTLE greedy don't you think? She's been toyed around for too long---though I found the whole "If I knew it was going to be like this, I would've never agreed to go out with you in the first place" was like SAY WHAT YOU FEMALE DOG?! lol totally uncalled for. And the hand sweep, what the WHAT THE?!

This.

This.

This.

I wanted to smack her right freakin' there when I heard that line. That was just wrong, wrong, wrong to use on such a nice guy like Da Ye. ;3

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Omg, Xiao Feng, you're a horrible horrible girl. Maybe she deserved all those heartbreaks because she's actually an evil person. Besides the previous episode and how she brushed Da Ye's hand away, or said that going out with him is a mistake ... Now that Ah Yi somewhat found peace between their relationship, the kiss...

AY: "... My kiss... she hated it that much... T_____T"

Seriously, XF says the wrong stuff, allllllll the time. I know AY is a screw up, but XF is just plain retarded....

I like how the picture represents XF with how did Da Ye see the drawing of the younger XF first or did Ah Yi find it first? I'm pretty sure Da Ye found it first, which shows that he "found" Xiao Feng first, etc.

And obviously, this is the only drama that could make a car accident funny---like that Secret Garden parody by Big Bang

^That scene was so unexpected! Calvin's personality fits comedy so well, lol

I think it's hilarious that Da Ye and Ah Yi literally fought over that picture Xiao Feng drew a million years ago like it's her. I know it's a metaphor and it's an idol drama, but it still annoys me when a drama doesn't even attempt to be subtle.

I liked Da Ye's reaction to the accidental kiss because it's so organic to his character. He's very insecure about Xiao Feng's feelings for him, so he gets hurt easily. I'm not looking forward to Ah Yi forcing his kiss on Xiao Feng in the next episode. Forced physical contact is always difficult to watch no matter how "romantic" it's SUPPOSED to be... (I'm remembering that uncomfortable forced kiss attempt in Boys Over Flowers)

Guest prisonerzero

Xiao Feng is such a dummy. Why would you even say "Yeah, hey, I don't really like your son like that, but I pretty much agreed to be his girlfriend" right in front of his mother?

About 75% of me is just impatiently waiting for this drama to be over so I don't have to deal with Xiao Feng's character anymore. I used to really like her in the beginning but now she's just starting to bore me to death.

I laughed at the car accident scene. That's probably mean of me, but with the music and all the other stuff going on, it was just so funny. Now if he had actually gotten hit by the truck, I wouldn't be laughing, ha. Of course.

Aaron, why the heck do you look like an Easter egg in the hospital scene? Someone please make that pink t-shirt under really bright blue cardigan thingy go away.

Okay, I'm going to give Xiao Feng some points for climbing up all those stairs just to find him. It sounds like she's finally starting to possibly realize what in the world she wants. Sort of. Maybe. It all depends on what happens after this.

Thoughts on Preview:

Okay, the girl who starts to have a crush on Ah Yi is adorable.

Uhm, forced kiss. Wut. Why? JFC, dramas. This stuff is not cute. No matter how wonderful Ah Yi looks in that outfit. From the side, anyway.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Best line of the series: "I'll be just like Xiao Feng ... my breasts, I'll use bandages to wrap them tightly, I WILL NOT BE BIGGER THAN XIAO FENG."

lol

It's good that Ah Yi has a girl like her. She's like a Xiao Feng on drugs. Bigboobgirl is kind of annoying, but at least they could let Ah Yi have a rebound person.And let me just mention, if I didn't do so already, that Da Ye was casted VERY well. He looks just like the manga Daiya.

It was so sad when Ah Yi finds out that Da Ye and Xiao Feng secretly go on an overnight trip T___T;; It's just sad for any male character to find out that the girl he loves is going on an overnight trip with another man. I thought the series was entertaining with Da Ye all jealous when XF was with Ah Yi, but now that Ah Yi is MAD jealous, the series got so much better =)

Guest chloe_addict

I didn't quite catch the preview for next week's episode. Is it either Da Ye or Ah Yi who will go to China? Has it been decided?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I didn't quite catch the preview for next week's episode. Is it either Da Ye or Ah Yi who will go to China? Has it been decided?

I didn't read to far into the manga because the drama is passing the manga translations.

The preview basically shows the dilemma: one will stay, one will go.

From the way that Ah Yi saying "I bet you wish that it was me who leaves, huh?" so I'm guessing that Da Ye is chosen to return back to Shanghai (which is where both lived, prior to the 1st episode). I'm guessing since Da Ye didn't object to it, he chooses to leave.

As retarded as Ah Yi may be, I gotta hand it to him, this episode made me feel for him. He acts quite well, because all the emotions are all up on his face. He should make more dramas!!

Aaron, why the heck do you look like an Easter egg in the hospital scene? Someone please make that pink t-shirt under really bright blue cardigan thingy go away.

I really wanted to comment on his goddamn cardigan too.

Why is he always wearing cardigans too small for his body. Like he could only button one or two of the buttons and that's it. Maybe this is supposed to give off the illusion that he's all muscular that he can't fit his shirts?

Eh, whatever, he's still a handsome guy =)

I LOVED this week's episode!!

I want Xiao Feng and Ah Yi together so badly! And this episode finally showed that awesome scene from the MV! I love jealous Ah Yi! But seriously, Xiao Feng is so annoying. And people complain it's the actress. Personally, it's the character. She was just as annoying in the manga. Can't complain about the boys though! Love them both, but Ah Yi is my man! lol.

Guest chloe_addict

Just wanted to bump up this thread since the last episode aired yesterday. Let's start reminiscing/spazzing about what we thought about the ending & drama overall. :wub:

Archived