[TAIWAN DRAMA 2010] 愛似百匯 Love Buffet

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest silver_moon525

I know, I read XD But I thought if there's a newbie around or something, better warn him/her not to look :3 Just in case!

I'm not even watching this drama. I liked Parfait Tic at the beginning but as soooooo many people said before me it got so draggy I gave up on it half point. And only read the last chapter as I was curious!

I read Parfait tic but I didn't even get to the end!! They kept dragging it, although i did really like the art... I'll check this drama out and see if its anything like Parfait Tic XD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prisonerzero

If it does get incredibly draggy in the drama, I'll probably watch it toward the end anyway. Just because of Aaron and the main girl, haha. Oh, how actors help me come to a decision... but hey, if I can get through Devil Beside You and Autumn's Concerto and both were 20 episodes, I could get through this. xD Does anyone know how many episodes this is supposed to be?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I love the drama, just like how I loved Parfait Tic in my high school days. The manga is draggy and slow, but the drama is going by pretty fast. Already, by the end of Episode 8, I think the tables will turn and we will start to hate on Yi Cheng and love Da Ye, which is how its supposed to be (unless you were an Ichi rooter from the beginning)

I love how the storyline makes me dislike Da Ye first and root for Yi Cheng. But now that the mug girl enters episode 7, by the end of episode 7 and surely by the end of episode 8 (telling from the previews), I will dislike Yi Cheng and root for Da Ye. But I think this is how the story goes. Although the manga makes it seem like Yi Cheng is this twisted character that is torn between the present and past loves---that is a SORRY excuse for what he does.

As much as I love Aaron/Yi Cheng (damn he is adorable)... Da Ye is the way to go. Although he's a bit slow at first realizing his feelings, he never steered Xiao Feng the wrong way. He was always honest with her and tries his best to be by her side at all times.

But I love the girl with Ah Ji... I forgot her name, but she's SO pretty (the one that used to like Da Ye, but eventually became friends with Xiao Feng).

Guest chloe_addict

I love the drama, just like how I loved Parfait Tic in my high school days. The manga is draggy and slow, but the drama is going by pretty fast. Already, by the end of Episode 8, I think the tables will turn and we will start to hate on Yi Cheng and love Da Ye, which is how its supposed to be (unless you were an Ichi rooter from the beginning)

I love how the storyline makes me dislike Da Ye first and root for Yi Cheng. But now that the mug girl enters episode 7, by the end of episode 7 and surely by the end of episode 8 (telling from the previews), I will dislike Yi Cheng and root for Da Ye. But I think this is how the story goes. Although the manga makes it seem like Yi Cheng is this twisted character that is torn between the present and past loves---that is a SORRY excuse for what he does.

As much as I love Aaron/Yi Cheng (damn he is adorable)... Da Ye is the way to go. Although he's a bit slow at first realizing his feelings, he never steered Xiao Feng the wrong way. He was always honest with her and tries his best to be by her side at all times.

But I love the girl with Ah Ji... I forgot her name, but she's SO pretty (the one that used to like Da Ye, but eventually became friends with Xiao Feng).

I agree with everything you said! The drama is moving pretty quickly. I actually didn't like this episode 7 as much so hopefully episode 8 will make up for it when we start to see Yi Cheng's indecisiveness towards his past and his current loves. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

Even though Aaron is cuter, his character Yi Cheng will end up hurting Xiao Feng by still dwelling in the past. Even though Da Ye was slow to realize that he was capable of returning a girl's affection, his fondness/concern for Xiao Feng never waivered. In fact, Xiao Feng was probably the first girl who convinced him that he could love a girl.

Since the Mug girl is played by Patty Hou, it reminded me of her interview with Rainie where Rainie said that just because the guy hurts you the most doesn't mean that he was the one you loved the most. It just meant that he wasn't the right guy for you. So you shouldn't overlook all the good guys who you were in a relationship with but didn't get "hurt" as badly.

I love Wang Xin Ru (Ruby Wang) who plays Qiu Ying, the girl with Ah Ji. I think she's pretty & elegant too and not the typical, cutesy little girl like the rest of the female cast, including Xiao Feng.

It's a bummer that this is only once a week. Next weekend can't come soon enough! I love this drama! :wub:

Guest severus

I really hate what they're going to do with Aaron's character, because I can't imagine myself hating him. It's really great how they're not dragging this as much as the manga, but I hope they changed the script to make Yi Cheng a more likable character...so he can be with Xiao Feng, despite how the Manga ends.

... But I think that is highly unlikely, considering he still keeps that stupid mug that Xiao Feng broke... :\

And he stands Xiao Feng up for mug girl in the preview...

I thought I might have a little ray of hope since DramaWiki has his name first on the list of characters... guess I read too much into to that...

Reen and Aaron have better chemistry than Reen and Calvin. And in the show, it seems like Xiao Feng's feelings for Yi Cheng are more serious and deep, compared to her little crush on Da Ye... I mean, she got over that pretty damn quick.

Why did mug girl have to show up :'(

If Xiao Feng and Da Ye were to end up together... why couldn't Aaron be casted as Da Ye... he's so irresistible..

cd6c8_love_buffet.jpg

a5c85e6aca001b77b0415edb40e4dc2e.jpg

omg i wanna stab her

Guest chloe_addict

Why did mug girl have to show up :'(

If Xiao Feng and Da Ye were to end up together... why couldn't Aaron be casted as Da Ye... he's so irresistible..

Haha, probably because Aaron is more suited as the moody, pondering type while Calvin seems more care-free childlish.

Sigh, just when Xiao Feng is starting to like Ah yi , Yin Zi has to come back -.-' Now it seems like Ah Yi is going to care less about Xiao Feng since his attention is on Yin Zi again . I can't believe he ditched Xiao Feng on her birthday fury.gif

Guest prisonerzero

Hahahah, oh god. I absolutely agree. Calvin and Aaron are my two favourites in Fahrenheit with Aaron being more of my number one favourite. I was a total Ah Yi fan from the get-go just because it was Aaron (so sue me). So I obviously shipped girl and this guy because they were so cute together. By the time I got to episode seven, I was realizing that these two don't go. Now they just seem awkward to me. Friendship is cute. But relationship? Meh. So now I'm rooting for Da Ye... even though I feel they're kinda awkward together too and I think I'm starting to like Calvin's acting in this drama a little bit more.

-Now for in general response-

And for goodness sake, can we not do the "she should be with this guy because he's more attractive looking" thing? As much as Aaron is my favourite so I go tee hee over his character, I'd rather the girl go for someone that actually likes her and can decide what he wants and not flip-flop between two people.

Haha, probably because Aaron is more suited as the moody, pondering type while Calvin seems more care-free childlish.

100% agree. I haven't watched all of Aaron's dramas (just MIT and a bit of KO One), but he definitely pulls of moody dude since he's kinda moody dude in... everything, aha. But I mean in (all the) dramas I've seen, not IRL. From what I've seen with KO One, I don't think he can pull off moody as well as Aaron can.

Guest chloe_addict

Today's episode 8 was really good.

It was really shady of Yin Zi to call Ah Yi to give him the impression that her boyfriend's boss was a male and was taking advantage of her while drunk. So AY had to rush over and miss Xiao Feng's surprise birthday party.

There were a couple of touching scenes. First was when AY was looking for XF at school since she skipped class after she found out that he really was with YZ on the night of her birthday. When AY thought XF was sleeping, he took his unbuttoned shirt and draped it over XF to shield her from the sunlight and whispered, "I'm sorry." And your heart just ached when you saw XF, hidden from public view by AY's shirt, crying because she thought he meant that it was the end of their "relationship". The second scene was when Da Ye took XF to the mountain top that overlooked the city and wiped away her tears when she was crying over AY.

Even though by the end of this episode, XF and AY are good again, it seems like AY still cannot move past Yin Zi since he still cannot toss her (broken) mug.

And for goodness sake, can we not do the "she should be with this guy because he's more attractive looking" thing? As much as Aaron is my favourite so I go tee hee over his character, I'd rather the girl go for someone that actually likes her and can decide what he wants and not flip-flop between two people.

I agree with you about physical appearance. Just because the guy is attractive doesn't mean that he "deserves" the main girl. Of course in real life, Aaron is handsome, no question there. But that doesn't justify that his character should end up with Xiao Feng. Although Calvin isn't "handsome" in real life in conventional ways, I'm rooting for his character Da Ye to end up with XF (just like in the manga) because from the beginning, his heart was always honest with her. Even though they may have just been friends during the time that XF was with AY, most solid relationships start off with being friends, no?

I actually really really like Parfait Tic. I thought the characters stayed true to who they really are. Blah di dah really, I can't go on explaining. Anyway, I love it. I've read loads of shoujo mangas over the years but I still love Parfait Tic despite its imperfections.

Now the drama, I'm not really into Taiwanese dramas (except maybe ISWAK) but I think I'm going to watch this. Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's unfortunate that I have to meet the mug girl again though. I really don't like her.

Guest prisonerzero

I'm gonna take a moment to be a tiny bit shallow and say this drama just keeps reminding me that I think Aaron looks a lot better with dark hair. The light hair doesn't suit him very well to me.

Okay, that aside, haha.

Ah Yi and Ying Zhi are both getting on my last nerve. Ying Zhi needs to get pulling him like a little puppy on a leash and Ah Yi really needs to start getting over her. Like jiggapeas said, calling him and making it sound like this boss was some creepy male just to get him away from Xiao Feng is just... ugh. I'm currently watching the bar scene and this drunk thing is making me want to smack both the boss and Ying Zhi. I'm miffed that he keeps ditching Xiao Feng for this woman that does nothing but jerk him around and I'm sure Da Ye is just as annoyed after he personally watched Ah Yi skip out on it.

I'm glad those students started talking about how Ah Yi wasn't actually at work. Xiao Feng needs to know the truth.

Oh, Xiao Feng. You are so much nicer than me. If Ah Yi came over to me after I skipped class, I would have gotten up and punched him in the face, lawl.

Ugh, gahd. The XF/YZ/AY/DY scene right at the gate. I have to agree with every single thing that Da Ye said. Ying Zhi needs to grow up some and do things herself while Ah Yi needs to grow up and stop letting her take control of him. It's just annoying that he'd just keep on blowing off Xiao Feng right in front of her.

The climbing scene between Da Ye and Xiao Feng was absolute perfection and nearly made me cry, ha. But I'm in the living room so I don't need anyone else to see me doing that so I had to stop myself. c= I can't wait to see what's in store for these two. I'm impatient and I want them to hurry up and get together in some way, haha.

Hm, the ending. I don't believe Ah Yi when he says he won't see the girl anymore. Now I know this is from a manga and I've never read it, so of course I could be wrong. But he's been going back and forth so much that I just can't. But I guess we'll see what happens, right?

Thoughts On The Preview:

I called it, lmao. I knew Ying Zhi would show up again. Is that girl ever going to go away? Is he ever going to throw that stupid ol' mug away? I'm glad Xiao Feng is going to stand up for herself and tell Ah Yi that she really doesn't need somebody like him. Wow, so it seems Ah Yi is going to be leaving. Obviously it's going to have to do with Ying Zhi and/or Xiao Feng. Da Ye, are you singing a song for Xiao Feng? How cute.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

prisonerzero

I totally agree with you. Many of the general viewers (and I must admit, even I) think that Ah Yi deserves to get the girl, just because he's played by Aaron. Yes, Aaron is good looking. We know! And okay, he might look good with Xiao Feng, but he looked even BETTER when he was loving Xiao Feng from afar. The point is, Ah Yi, has a complicated love history and whatever, but he belongs in the dog house. What a jerk! Seriously, and these goddamn parfaits/puddings he leaves Xiao Feng was cute at first, but what does he think Xiao Feng is?! A beast that you can buy love from by giving her a tasty snack? As if!

One thing is for sure, I found Fuuko (Xiao Feng's manga character) so damn annoying in the manga because she was seriously like "Daiya, Ichi, Daiya, no wait Ichi, hey wait up Daiya"---like she couldn't make up her mind. But Xiao Feng is the "bomb" in the drama. I just feel so bad that she had to get her heart broken TWICE. I could see the drama leaning towards Da Ye from this point on. It just all depends on Xiao Feng and if she's still longing for Ah Yi.

Okay, is it messed up for me to say, I don't hate Ying Zhi (mug girl). Many people blame Ying Zhi for being a home wrecker. But firstly, Ah Yi is the TRUE home wrecker since he knows that Ying Zhi has a boyfriend already, yet he tries so hard to be something more. But this is all Ah Yi's fault. Clearly, Ying Zhi doesn't know that Xiao Feng and Ah Yi has something going on, since she's assuming that Xiao Feng is Da Ye's girl. Ah Yi is trying to get the best of both worlds, hurting Xiao Feng on one end and Ying Zhi get a whole bunch of people to have beef on her when all she wants is a friend.

So I guess what I'm saying is... damn, I love how this drama makes me hate Ah Yi, even though he's so gorgeous. Da Ye is the best, seriously.

And yes, Ah Ji's girlfriend, I'll say this again, is SOOOOOO pretty.

Guest prisonerzero

Okay, is it messed up for me to say, I don't hate Ying Zhi (mug girl). Many people blame Ying Zhi for being a home wrecker. But firstly, Ah Yi is the TRUE home wrecker since he knows that Ying Zhi has a boyfriend already, yet he tries so hard to be something more. But this is all Ah Yi's fault. Clearly, Ying Zhi doesn't know that Xiao Feng and Ah Yi has something going on, since she's assuming that Xiao Feng is Da Ye's girl. Ah Yi is trying to get the best of both worlds, hurting Xiao Feng on one end and Ying Zhi get a whole bunch of people to have beef on her when all she wants is a friend.

Gah, I know my posts make it sound like I hate Ying Zhi, but I really... don't hate her, aha. I'm just frustrated with her just as much as I am with Ah Yi. Well, I'm frustrated with Ah Yi a little more. But I still agree with Da Ye and I think this girl needs to be able to depend on herself a little more and not always on Ah Yi (or maybe I'm just thinking this whole thing because of the OMG BOSS IS TRYING TO MAKE ME DRUNK scene and it was being played off as if this boss was a male and a pervert, I don't know rawrrr), if that makes sense. I've been cramming too many Chinese notes in my head to be able to try to make sense in English, aha. I was pretty much writing my post as I was watching the episode at the time so it was more of a first impressions kind of post.

Ah Yi needs to eventually get his crap together. Does he ever get his crap together in the manga? Shoot, I now want to read the manga just to get a little background story since the drama itself is not giving me too much of that, aha.

Gah, Ah Ji's girlfriend is really pretty. I remember watching Pi Li MIT to get more of my Aaron fix and saw her in episode two. I like making jokes when I see two people acting together again. I was watching Love Buffet before Pi Li MIT and the “Love You More and More” MV sometime in between that. I was constantly going “Oh, so now Aaron has a crush on you when you were in his house before and he couldn't stand you. Oh, now here you are in Pi Li MIT and you're wanting to kill a girl or something. See, now I know why Aaron couldn't stand you!!” I am so weird, lmao.

okay, this is my second time trying to post this, er.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Ah Yi needs to eventually get his crap together. Does he ever get his crap together in the manga? Shoot, I now want to read the manga just to get a little background story since the drama itself is not giving me too much of that, aha.

Okay, I don't know if "Does he ever get his crap together in the manga?" was a rhetorical question lol. And I don't want to ruin the story for you.

So I'm just going to say that Ah Yi (Ichi) may have his moments throughout the story, but at the end of the day, he will always be a greedy son of a gun.

Let me just leave it at that.

=)

Guest prisonerzero

Haha, no, it was a serious question. :) Letting me know if he just stops being a dumb nut won't kill the story for me, I promise! Hahaha. Thank you. :)

AH YI, STOP BEING A DUMB NUT, AAAAH.

You know those moments when you just want to put your arm through the screen and slap them?

That's me right now, hahahah.

-waiting impatiently for the next episode-

Guest connie333

I'm totally in love with this drama. It has everything I like. I LOVE the jealousy parts the most!

I'm a DaYe-shipper, but AhYi is okay I guess. I think people just like him because he's Aaron. LOL

Well anyways, I really hope that more people can post on this thread. It seems so dead...

Guest prisonerzero

Oh my god, finally somebody posts so I'm not double posting, lmao.

I've been waiting all week to say what I want to say!!!

Uhm, I can't remember what I want to say about Ah Yi.

Maybe if somebody talks about Ah Yi in this episode at some point, it will refresh my memory.

But Da Ye's little confession made me smile a little bit.

I also liked his singing to Xiao Feng bit. It made me dance.

I hope Ah Yi's little sister will start to realize that Ah Yi and Xiao Feng will never work out.

They're alright as friends, but a relationship is not good for them.

Guest chloe_addict

Oh my god, finally somebody posts so I'm not double posting, lmao.

I've been waiting all week to say what I want to say!!!

Uhm, I can't remember what I want to say about Ah Yi.

Maybe if somebody talks about Ah Yi in this episode at some point, it will refresh my memory.

But Da Ye's little confession made me smile a little bit.

I also liked his singing to Xiao Feng bit. It made me dance.

I hope Ah Yi's little sister will start to realize that Ah Yi and Xiao Feng will never work out.

They're alright as friends, but a relationship is not good for them.

Ahh, I'm excited for tomorrow's episode too! Can't wait to talk about it here. :)

Guest chloe_addict

Episode 10:

Xiao Feng annoyed me in this episode. I don't like how she's treating Da Ye as if she's settling for second best since she can't have Ah Yi. Da Ye has done so much for her already, being there to comfort her whenever she cried over Ah Yi. And this girl cries pretty damn often too.

Da Ye was really sweet to chase after her and kiss her when he saw that she was still sad about Ah Yi. Though, she doesn't appreciate anything that Da Ye does for her.

So even when Xiao Feng agreed to date Da Ye, she really hurt him when she quickly pushed his arm away when she saw Ah Yi walking towards them. If Xiao Feng continues to act this way in their "relationship", then I'd be a Xiao Feng/Ah Yi shipper since they're both indecisive and can hurt each other. But Da Ye has always been faithful & knows what he wants. So if XF doesn't grow up soon, then he deserves better anyways.

Anyone know how many episodes are left? I'm wondering if the drama will follow the manga or not based on # of episodes.

^ I read on Asianfanatics that Aaron said there are X number of episodes left on a certain day and by calculation, it's possibly 13 episodes. That's not too bad, considering this drama is about to get VERY angsty.

I feel like I'm the only one that's been rooting for Da Ye from the beginning XD Maybe I'm just tired of all these Darcy-types that Da Ye was just so refreshing. He's kind, fun and HONEST about his feelings.

Is anyone else celebrating the exit of Patty Hou's character? I'm sooo glad that's over with.

Archived